Volume 10 : PROLOGUE
1.4k 16 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PROLOGUE

After the war abruptly ended before it could fully engulf the Hart kingdom, the palace was now operating at full capacity to resolve all matters pertaining to the conflict.

Swiftly mobilizing all its emergency resources, supplying the affected areas with provisions and manpower to rebuild the villages that were lost or turned into battlegrounds.

And in the midst of that preparation, a faery rumor started flying around in the castle. About a beautiful magical girl dressed in all white would wander all around the castle helping everyone with her incredible magic.

Some believed she was a special guest of the princess and some even suggested her to be from the central Magic Tower. And especially those who were healed by her magic deemed her a blessing akin to that of an angel from the Holy Cross.

Everyone was enchanted by her sweet beautiful appearance and said a stunning radiant white light enveloped her whenever she smiled and used her magic.

But not for me... Because I had already seen the true face of this so-called angel. And there was only one truth, the White Queen cannot be an angel.

I wasn't there when the White Queen met our princess, but somehow I knew that our princess Alice was personally acquainted with her.

The girl whom in this castle everyone found to be a harmless little child. Was the sole person who wiped out the entire demon army in less than two minutes without lifting so much a finger with her invincible magic that could only translate her into simply being a monster.

And right now she was helping the maids in the garden to gather flowers for the celebration victory party this weekend.

The maids and the gardeners were completely enamored by her power to grow back the withered flowers and heal the dying ones instantly.

I, Cassa, as the leader of the Nightshade, my duty was to protect the princess. But I failed miserably and couldn’t stay by her side.

After I was teleported I quickly reported to the king about the White Queen and was about to send another battalion on the scene to rescue our princess.

However, Princess Alice returned with the White Queen herself, holding her hand, and granted her a place in the palace.

But I know from my experience someone with that kind of power can’t be normal and she can be dangerous to the princess. So, I will find whatever the White Queen is planning to do by coming to this place.

But it's been nearly five days, and the final celebration is just two days away. And it’s frustrating how I am still without any evidence.

Just when the maids and gardeners had left, I was about to follow the White Queen along with them from my hiding spot.

But the White Queen stayed. Before I could understand what she was about to do. She weaved her hand in the air, and I was forced out of my hiding from the shadows.

“What….happened?” I was scared as if my mind was frozen just when I came in contact with the magic that threw me out of my domain.

Was she going to make me disappear again for following her?

Unlike the cheerful self, she showed to others, her magic now possessed a typical cold nature.

And with the kind of magic she used to pull me out of my shadow hiding. That confirms it.

By far the count I had maintained she has already shown that she can use all the attributes of magic. Even both light and dark magic.

Is that even humanly possible? Even the True Hero was said to have possessed only five elements.

Wait, she isn't even completely human to begin with. But then again with my sharp senses, I cannot deny her human constitution.

Back then I definitely saw her have horns like a noble demon and with that black light from her hand that weakened the demon lord’s magic as if she was able to command him.

“Hello there, my name is Alicia. I wanted to thank you for keeping Athen… I mean Alice safe that time.” The White Queen said to me without addressing the princess by her status.

But she looked at me with twinkling eyes as if she wanted something from me.

“The White Queen…” I blabbered.

“I would prefer if you call me by my real name Alicia.” She said trying to put on the same smile whenever she greeted anyone.

But why did she suddenly start twisting around her hair and turn all red? Is she simply embarrassed by being called by her champion name?

The White Queen…. I mean Alicia tilted her head slightly and put forward her hands holding out a folded page, beckoning to me.

As soon as I lightly grabbed the paper, the White Queen hurriedly ran away leaving me with a dumbfounded gaze.

When I opened the page I was shocked to see the content and without any delay after going out of my way to confirm things. I needed to quickly make a report back to the princess.

.

From the shadows, I appeared before the princess in her study room from the usual spot. As usual, the princess was working hard at managing the logistics of the kingdom evident from the piles of papers occupying her desk.

“Princess, the White Queen, I mean miss Alicia… secretly gave this paper to me in the garden.” I put forward the paper in front of the princess holding it in my hand.

Just the mention of her name and the princess had left out her work to listen intently.

“And she did it secretly when no one was around…” The princess repeated after me, her eyes growing big.

"Could it be..." the princess mumbled to herself. Without waiting for me to give the full report. She swiftly stood up from her chair, snatched the paper from my hand, and hastily skimmed through its contents.

“These are just names… and here I thought.” The princess left the paper on the table as if suddenly losing interest.

“Not just any names, princess. After carrying out a background check on them and putting a thorough surveillance. I found out that they are spies and informants from other kingdoms.” I said with a hint of urgency.

It was quite common for other nations to plant their ears in other nation’s palaces to receive the news of the internal affairs of any kingdom.

“I see. If Sachi, wants them gone… So, be it.” Alice said without a doubt in her mind.

"I am ashamed we weren't able to catch these spies earlier. How do you want us to handle them?" Having spies in our palace was no small matter no matter how thoroughly we kept a check on the people working here. So, taking care of this matter first before the celebration was of utmost importance.

"I want them dealt with properly before dawn," the Princess replied.

After all, for any spy, there are only two grim fates upon capture: to surrender and face death by divulging every secret they hold or to endure excruciating agony while guarding their identity.

The princess never doubted her actions, but right now she almost looked worried about something else. Was it because of the White Queen?

“Princess… and about the White Queen…” I wanted to report the unusual behavior I felt from the actions she took past this week as if she felt uneasy and afraid of something.

But the princess looked at me with a defiant and confident gaze, “You don’t need to report anything that the White Queen does. From now on even if she does a hundred things, you don’t need to get my permission. Fulfill her every demand as if they are words of my own.”

For a moment I felt unsure because princess Alice had never shown this kind of trust in anyone else before. Just what is their relation?

Don’t tell me the White Queen secretly made a one-sided deal with the princess in return for defeating the demon army and was now harassing her. I knew she was up to something evil…

“And Cassa I want to hear everything from you about Alicia and you can order every Nightshade member to come back too?” The princess looked elated as if she was inviting a friend to tea and having an idle talk.

“Princes if you find something wrong in our work, we are still actively looking for the person you ordered us to look for. Just give us more time and we will definitely produce results.”

“Cassa, lift your head I have never doubted the Nightshade’s ability to get what I want. But the mission has already come to an end.” The princess said smiling at me as if I had still not realized one simple thing.

“What do you mean princess?”

“I have finally met the friend I had been always looking for. In fact, now I have another important mission for you to look into the affairs of the renowned knight kingdom ⸺Valoria.”

/// NOTE FROM AUTHOR  ///

I have decided to start this volume with a comedic light tone, because it almost feels like we are going to enter a totally different new world from here on. Things are going to get more drastic and urgent with how Alicia develops and how other side characters are going to get affected and the world moves on after the war.

In the meantime I would love to hear a small feedback from you for the volume 9 and about the reunion and how you felt.

 

 ̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄ SUPPORT ME IN MY WRITING ̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄

Everyone who is reading my novel and loves Alicia on her exciting adventures in this new fantasy world.

Thanks a lot for all your support! It really means a lot to me.

Till now I have published from volume one to volume eight for free. And I hope to continue to do so even now. It has really been an exciting work for me to narrate you the story of our main character who fights her way to the bottom of abyss with her magic and skills and then eventually storms in the outside world.

Keeping the text error free takes a lot of revisions and consumes time, but no work is ever perfect. With your support and reviews I know that I have improved a lot in my writing.

You can support my writing by reviewing my book on the platform you are reading.

And even now I am asking for a bit more that if you voluntarily support my writing.

 .

Patreon page Link - https://www.patreon.com/noelelitia

Paypal link - Click Here

Join discord community - https://discord.com/invite/WUGFUxbpbd

 .

I hope that you keep enjoying my work and in knowing the interesting characters which will be constantly introduced to you in the story.

I hope that the next chapter too proves to be to your liking!

Happy Reading Everyone!!!

 

 

 

 

17