Volume 10 : Chapter 2 – DID I GOT PROPOSED IN THE FIRST CHAPTER? (2)
712 15 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2

DID I GOT PROPOSED IN THE FIRST CHAPTER? (2)

 

ALICIA ASCALON ASHBORN

I had completely underestimated Athena when she said she would do anything for my happiness.

No way… is this the surprise Athena was talking about last night?

“Leon is only two years older than you and I have made sure that he grows into a kind, handsome, and strong man. I'm confident this is precisely the type you prefer.” Athena said to me with a playful wink.

I completely miscalculated… Athena’s excitement has exceeded my wildest expectations.

Just how far has she prepared for my future!?

Athena is right now smiling at me. And I don’t know what others present here are thinking. I don’t even know what kind of face I am making right now or what I should say.

I only wish I had my mask on me right now.

Athena's unexpected proposition, of marrying her brother Prince Leon, sent my mind whirling with a thousand thoughts.

What???... Why??.... How?.... Nooo. There shouldn’t be anything to think about it.

I glanced around the room, searching for some sign, some indication of what I should do next, but all I found were curious eyes fixed upon me. I was sure someone would stop Athena from being so childish.

“I am glad that you finally get to be a queen now like your nickname. Also, you scored yourself a place to read books all day and have unlimited palace snacks. Just like you always wanted.” Regis congratulated me while smiling.

The idea was strangely appealing, but I did not want to make it come true like this. I knew Regis was pulling my leg just when I really wanted her help.

“Is master going to be taken away?” I think my disturbing feelings would at least be perfectly communicated to Hana as she showed concern for me.

“Don’t worry Hana. Alicia is going nowhere. In fact, you might soon have more masters to serve and play with.” Regis stopped Hana to appeal on my behalf and started putting strange ideas into her innocent mind.

“Alright. I will fully support Master.” Hana said with sparkly eyes and was now also on board with Regis.

“I can’t believe I will get to have such a beautiful daughter-in-law. Now I can have two daughters. Alice was always serious so I couldn’t get to pamper her. But Alicia I will make sure to give you all my motherly love from here on and doll you up each day.” Alice’s mother, the Queen of Hart Kingdom said with an ecstatic face as she hugged herself imitating to embrace me tightly.

Wait is that what the Queen always thought of me and had been eyeing on me for all this time?

“Hmmm….” The King began clearing his throat, “I am grateful to miss Alicia for saving our Kingdom, and I am not at all against making her an empress for my son if she desires.”

Yes, that’s it…. This is my chance.

“I know brother why don’t you feed Alicia by yourself as I did? She loved it when you complimented her food.” Before I could stop them, Athena came up with yet another embarrassing idea.

At this time, I couldn't help but steal a glance at prince Leon, taking in his strong jawline, his piercing green eyes, and the easy smile that seemed to come so naturally to him.

Athena then directly whispered into my ears. Her voice broke through my thoughts, bringing me back to the present. “Sachi, don't you like reading these kinds of stories sometimes, where these things happen? I am sure my brother will make you very happy.”

Athena flashed a mischievous grin at me oblivious to my desperation.

I know I always liked a plot twist where there is true love and a touch of surprise sibling matchmaking. But this isn’t a story I am reading, but talking about my own life.

I don’t even know, Athena’s brother so well. And I was just a high school-going student a few years back.

Isn’t it simply too soon for me to settle down? But how can I tell this to Athena? What if she is serious and I end up hurting her feelings?

Before I could respond, Prince Leon turned to me, his gaze curious. “Alice, it doesn’t look like miss Alicia is comfortable with your joke.”

“Who said it is a joke? I am being serious here. Or are you saying my friend is just not good enough?”

“Not at all. I must admit, I didn't see this coming. If miss Alicia had said yes, I was only a step away from falling for her and would have swept her into my arms.” Prince Leon said with a calm voice.

Whoooo…. Did I hear a whistle? Who was it….?

What is the prince saying isn’t helping at all? I could hear my heart pounding in my chest.

Is he really being serious, or doesn’t he find it cumbersome to be matched up with someone like me?

 “But we can’t force her to do anything against her will.” Prince Leon nodded; his expression sympathetic.

“Is that true Alicia….” Athena looked at me with a worried gaze as if she hadn’t realized it herself until now.

“I...I'm fine. It's just...this is all so sudden?”

Eeeekkkkk…. What should I even say at this point?

“Miss Alicia, whatever decision you make, I will support you. Whether we marry or not, I hope we can still be friends.” Prince Leon added.

Wait… why is he making sound like he has already accepted this marriage proposal and I am the only one left to give out my decision.

“I understand, there’s no rush. You can decide whenever you want and tell any of us. We will always be ready to welcome you in our family.” Finally, Athena decided to back off after seeing my hesitation.

I felt a wave of relief wash over me at Athena’s words. I was grateful for everyone’s understanding, especially for Leon for being the only one to help me out here.

Athena smiled, reaching out to take my hand in hers. “I told you no matter what you decide you can stay here as long as you want. And remember, no matter what happens, you will always have a family here who loves you.”

Athena’s words finally reminded me of what I should do next.

“Alice, Regis, and everyone I want to go back home.” I said in a soft voice.

“What? When…” Regis was the one first time listening to this so she was surprised by my sudden intention to go back home. 

But since Athena already knew she was prepared to say goodbye even though we had met so long after.

“It's not going to be long. I will only be away for a week. And then I will come back to you.” I looked towards Athena.

I have not forgotten what I have come to do in this world. Of what we promised.

To look after one another and help each other at all times.

Since, it was the topic of my parents, the King and Queen were interested to know about them. But Athena thankfully asked them not to inquire about my background, and they promptly agreed to their daughter’s request for her friend’s privacy.

“I am intrigued by this secretive side of you miss Alicia. But once you return I will make sure I can appeal to your heart in an honest way.” The prince smiled at me.

Wait what is that supposed to mean? Was he being serious after all?

Thankfully, no marriage talks proceeded from there.

It was finally decided that Hana and I would go back to my home to the Tathya labyrinth. I think it was alright for Hana to come with me since Flora would already be there.

I am sure Hana could learn more about herself if she meets Flora. And I can’t wait to see mother and father. Unfortunately, Lili won’t be there as she will be attending the Demon Academy. Maybe I will just take back some presents for her and everyone.

As for Regis, she decided to go back to the Ascalon Kingdom palace.

“I can’t wait to go back. After all I have a score to settle with big sister Edith now. I will not forgive her so easily this time with all that humiliation I had to suffer because of her.” Regis commented with an evil smile and a bloodthirsty look in her eyes.

I think she had still not let go of that fact about what she heard from Ivy’s mother.

So, tomorrow most of my day would go in preparing to go back home.

Regis, Hana, and I decided to take a look around the Hart City the next day and do some essential shopping. Regis too wanted to buy some presents for everyone back at the Ascalon castle.

And she was especially sneaky about a certain present she did not want anyone to know about.

As for the news I shared with Arya, Caige, and Maya how I had finally found the person I was looking for who turned out to be none other than princess Alice Hart.

Their reply came just in time before I could have left and learned that everything had been going well with the distribution of healing potions in the adventurer guild.

Nia’s group had already met with Caige and have registered under the Sierra Clan and started taking quests and helping out with the business with material gathering and protecting the business.

Finally, Caige and Maia might soon come to the Hart Kingdom to discuss further how to expand the sales of healing potion after I have gone through their report.

Athena later that day joined us during meals and in the night we continued telling each other our story from where we last left off.

***

 

HART PALACE BACKYARD

Early in the morning, Athena came to say, Regis, Hana, and me goodbye.

Surprisingly, Athena was accompanied by her big brother prince Leon. He was as usual dressed in his formal attire, and even in the morning he appeared fresh like the morning dew. Is this the enchanting charm of an Otome game protagonist?

This garden was the same place where I first teleported all the soldiers and returned with Athena after finally finding her.

“Goodbye, Alice. I will come back with Alicia and I will continue on my journey to explore this world.” Regis was the first to say goodbye to Athena.

Regis planned to continue living with me and learn more about this world, so she made me promise that I come pick her up after a week and before I returned to the Hart palace.

In the short time, I think both Athena and Regis had gotten to know each other well, and they appeared to get well together. Even though they had little in common.

“I am a bit envious of you Regis and would like to tag along on one of your adventures.” Athena said.

“Sure.”

Athena looked at me. We had finally met after so long. And we were now leaving each other again. But this time we knew exactly where to find each other.

“This won’t be for long. You will come back right.” There was a bit of hesitation in Athena’s voice for some reason.

“I  will come looking for you no matter where you are just like this time.” I replied enthusiastically and sounded confident.

Maybe this was because my traveling and navigation skills had finally improved.

“I see. I am sure you will be able to find what you want to do in this life when you go back to your home. But make sure to come before the palace celebration.”

“Yes I will.” The reason I had to come back within a week was to attend the celebration in the palace for the Hart Kingdom for averting a war.

For a moment I looked at prince Leon and I did not want to leave things between us on an awkward note.

“Thank you for clearing that misunderstanding and helping me out.” I said.

“Please think nothing of it. It was just a misunderstanding created by my silly sister.”

After listening to Leon, I wish I could have a big brother dependable like him too.

“Come on. I really thought it was a great idea.” Athena pouted.

“I agree. And that’s why I don’t want to leave this at a misunderstanding.”

Leon stepped forward gracefully, his hand enveloped mine, cradling my fingers tenderly within his palm.

It was such a gentle touch but so firm that I couldn’t retract my hand back.

“I hope when you come back you will allow me to accompany you to the palace celebration. I want to do it in a proper order and pursue you honorably.”

Saying that Leon had a mischievous glint in his eye, which reminded me of someone else, here. Without a word, he lifted my hand delicately, bringing it close to his face.

Without even giving me the time to understand what this meant, he pressed a quick, teasing kiss on the tip of my finger. A soft chuckle escaped him as he met my gaze.

Wheeeeeeew… Who was again that whistled this time?

I blinked rapidly, momentarily taken aback by the playful gesture. My cheeks were already flushed crimson with embarrassment.

“Waaa…waaaa….aaaa.” A startled gasp escaped my lips as I felt a rush of warmth flood my face.

“You don’t have to answer me now. But I will be waiting for one when you return.”

“Okay.” My mind was too hard-pressed and occupied now to think anything beyond. So, I foolishly said the first word.

Before I could have settled and overcome the irresistible sweet smile of the prince, I activated the teleportation magic.

The blue vortex of light enveloped Regis and Hana who were equally surprised but could not complete their words to say anything.

In a matter of seconds, Regis was teleported back to her room in the Ascalon Palace. While Hana and I returned to the Tathya labyrinth floor 80 right in front of my home.

Now only Alice and her brother Leon remained in the garden as they stared at the empty space where Alicia stood moments ago.

“Why did you step off back and lie then? I knew that you had fallen in love the moment you first saw her.“ Alice looked at her brother and asked.

“Really… Is that how it looked? Did I really act like that?” Leon sounded confused.

“I would have never suggested the marriage in the first place if I didn’t think so. Just look at how your cheeks are red and I have never seen you act so bold before like this.”

Leon attempted a nervous laugh, his hands fidgeting as he struggled to mask his embarrassment.

“I felt being kind since I first time saw you attracted towards someone. But then again, it's hardly surprising, because Alicia is the most beautiful girl in this world. Any way I will be your worst enemy if you ever make her feel sad.” Alice gave it straight out to her brother.

“Do you think I was being impulsive… But I just did not want to see her go away and forget me only as your brother.”

Alice was surprised to see her always uptight brother suddenly show such a possessive side of his.

As if he himself was not aware of his bright red cheeks as he brushed his hands against them to get rid of the heat.

Seeing him silently berate himself for his lack of restraint, made Alice feel sorry for him.

Alice was sure that her brother was handsome enough to get any girl out there with his smile alone. But she could not blame Alicia’s shyness and hesitation.

Leon wished he could turn back time and undo the moment that had left him feeling exposed and vulnerable.

“By the way Brother you were so smooth with that hand kiss, don’t tell me you have done this before with other ladies. Alicia is not comfortable around strangers, especially men. But because it was you that’s why I gave you a chance and let it pass. I can’t allow you to meet with Alicia unless you are serious about her.” Alice suddenly sounded cold towards her brother.

“Come on you know better than anyone. I am clean and there is no one. I have never felt so strongly and sure about anyone before. I did not want to miss my chance and regret before someone else could have taken her away from me.”

“Good.”

***

 

TATHYA LABYRINTH [FLOOR 80]

Just what was that…. With that hand kiss. Why would Athena’s brother do something like this?

Right, it must be something of a normal customary greeting in this world. I've seen it happen so many times in novels, the way nobles treat each other. Though, in those novels, the boy and girl always end up together.

But it was only because they were the main hero and heroine. I am sure it’s because he is a prince he has some royal etiquette to follow. There is no way he would be interested in someone like me.

While I was trying to resolve this dilemma right in front of the gate of my house.

“Master. Welcome back!” Only Hana was the one who usually called me that. But this time this voice was different. Unlike Hana’s tender voice, it was more mature and stiff.

“Thank you, Flora, for coming to greet me. I am home.” Seeing Flora’s face, I realized I was back home.

“Master??? Who are you? Master is only my master.” Hana suddenly became alarmed as she clung to me and looked with suspicious eyes at Flora.

Right, I never told Hana, about Flora.

Seeing, another girl in a similar maid uniform greet me in my house. Maybe this was the first time I saw Hana being so possessive.

It made me forget just exactly what I was thinking moments ago.

Huh… Maybe it was not something that important, to begin with.

Without having any second thoughts, I simply rejoiced to be back at home. The gates swung open autonomously, activated by their specialized recognition enchantment, designed to bar intruders while granting entry exclusively to residents.

In the meantime, Caroline came running outside and hugged me in an instant without giving me any time to let a word out.

“Mother….” I called out as I saw father stand beside her.

“You came back. So, did you find her?” Mother looked at me with a calm gaze.

“Yes.”

On hearing my reply, she lets go of my head and cups my cheeks gently. As we finally lock eyes her expression softens with a mixture of relief and overwhelming affection.

“I knew you could do it, we should celebrate your homecoming.” Mother cheered.

Seeing her suddenly get into a joyous mood it almost felt like, even if I would have failed. Even though I would have been scared at any point in time and returned home without achieving anything.

Mother would have hugged me tightly and comforted me the same way.

“Alicia did you by any chance use the Royal Demon Symbol.” The True Demon Lord inquired hastily.

On seeing my father, the true demon lord, I remembered I had used the Royal Demon Crest’s authority to strip someone of their demon lord title. He must be angry with me because I used it without his permission when I am not a direct descendant of demon royalty itself.

I tried stealing my eyes away from him, as I quietly cuddled myself into Caroline’s arms.

“…Zyl.” Mother loudly said. “When you will learn to be not impatient.”

“Alright. Alright. I was just curious. We can definitely talk this inside.” Even the True Demon Lord sounded hesitant on seeing me scared.

“It’s alright Alicia no one is angry with you so you don’t need to worry.” Caroline patted me on my head. “And I will finish off anyone if anyone does complaint about it.” Mother said in a cold voice with a smile on her face to get her message across clearly.

Caroline gently took my arm in her hand and whispered, “It's ok. It's glad to have you back at home.”

“Mother…” My lips became sealed after uttering those words. Were my hands shaking, but why? Did I fear that if I met them after a long time passed they would forget about me and worse hate me if they disapproved of my actions?

“Hmmm…” After a small sigh mother stared at me for a flip second as if she was disappointed by something. But then she impatiently started looking around.

“And who is this cute little hamster.” Caroline looked at Hana with a curious look. I knew even mother would instantly like her.

“She is not a living thing, is she? And she has a part of a soul core resembling Alicia.” Zylon was already using his appraisal skills on Hana.

“Zyl….” Mother shrieked and father backed off not to further piss her off.

“It’s a long story, but her name is Hana.” I said introducing her.

“Hello.” Hana too quickly took a liking to Caroline as she too enjoyed a gentle scrub of Mother’s hand on her head.

Holding our hands one on each side, she took us inside the mansion.

At the table, I narrated to everyone my journey after I left Ascalon Kingdom with Regis. How I found Hana and the strange creature the Doctor created. Father was totally indulged in getting all the details out of it.

Then there was the incident where I eliminated all the pirates and saved a kingdom from Coup Det a. And then there was the part that I dreaded telling her the most.

“Mother...” I quietly looked at Caroline and beckoned her to look at my status.

“God Killer…. But why?”

“I fought the Goddess that you sealed when I entered a dungeon and accidentally came across her.”

“Oof… She was always a pain during the Great War as well. If I had known better she would torment you like this, I would have gone there and taken care of her myself. You did it to protect everyone there, so it’s not your fault. And you defeated an enemy even I could not defeat at that time.” Mother cheered me as always.

I later explained to her how I got to open my own adventurer clan and a healing potion business as well.

Finally, I started to explain to everyone the circumstances in which I met Athena.

“I couldn’t bear the thought of seeing anyone destroy the peace that you two worked hard to create and so I stripped him of his title. I am sorry I did not ask for father’s permission.” I looked at the True Demon Lord, waiting for any scolding from his side.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked for the demon crest back from me.

But I was ready, since I did not know my place, and took the privileges he gave to me for granted.

“Honestly, I do not intend to interfere or decide what happens outside. That’s the pledge I took. However, it is concerning how the demon army attacked and it could have slowly engulfed the continent in a big war. Alicia, I am glad you stopped the war.”

“You are not angry because I misused the royal demon crest.” I asked, surprised and fretful.

“I don’t see anyone fretting over it except for a certain someone I know. What I am most curious about is how you were able to command the demon lord symbol to remove another demon lord’s title when you are only a candidate. Even I did not have that power when I was a candidate myself.”

“But…”

“I made the right choice in bringing you into the demon royalty, and I think you have a great affinity for the demon crest. You should be proud that you stopped a war. And since the crest has completely accepted and acknowledged your powers you should use it however you like.”

Father is glad that I am a part of his family.

“I see.” I nodded, taking in his words, feeling a newfound sense of belonging.

In a matter of moments, all those worries that had turned me into a mess had evaporated.

It somehow made me happy listening to his words, even though he is a demon lord who should torment people.

In my past life, I did not know my parents. Even my grandparents were a mystery so very little was known about them. But now I am a part of a big family.

From there I went on to explain how I was happy to meet Athena and how I came to know mother and Athena already knew each other.

But no one ever told me. Even Athena was reluctant to talk about it.

“I know it was during the Great War, even though it was only for a brief period. She wouldn’t be even aware of it because she was only a baby.” Mother shrugged off the conversation.

Wait Athena was a baby, isn’t she a goddess naturally?

But mother did not look in a mood to talk about that so I did not bring it up again

It hadn’t been that long when Flora entered with a feast set up for us.

Hana jumped elatedly on seeing the huge preparation as we all sat together to eat.

“Flora the food is great.” The food almost brought back the nostalgia of eating in my home.

“I am glad you enjoyed it master.” Flora said with a stiff expression but I instantly knew she was happy.

“Who are you? Did you really make all this food?” Hana looked with disbelief at Flora.

“I suppose with your origins I will be your big sister.” Flora answered without batting an eye.

“My big sister…?” Hana did not understand what Flora meant. I suppose for Flora as a homunculus she considered herself elder because I made her first.

“As for your other question, I am the one who cooked everything that my master likes.” Flora said looking at me.

“No this can’t be…. Even if you are a big sister… I won’t share my master.”

Hana stood up and ran away while shouting against Flora. All of us were shocked by her sudden behavior.

But the voice followed back, as Hana came running back. Picked up her plate already loaded with food and ran back away.

I was just about to stand up and follow Hana, but instead, Flora stood up first.

“Master can I look after her? It has been a long time since you visited so you should spend time with your parents.”

“Alright. But you must come to me if things get out of hand.” I was touched by Flora’s sincerity and I knew she would be able to handle any situation.

A day passed in an instant as I spent all of it with Mother talking all about my adventure and mother was always keen to know more.

Even though they had given up on venturing into the outside world, I believed mother at least wanted to know how the world had changed in these past two centuries.

The next day, things took an unexpected turn. I learned, that somehow Hana and Flora’s conversation turned into a full-blown competition for the title of the best household maid.

I started following them which only started as an amusement first. I soon realized the stakes were high.

The first showdown was washing all the clothes. While this was a first for Hana. She had previously seen other people wash clothes and must have thought it was as simple as scrubbing the clothes vigorously against a washboard.

Once the competition started, Hana used her full force to get things done fast. Disaster struck in seconds. The fabric tore under her relentless scrubbing, leaving her devastated.

The moment she turned around to look at Flora, who was staring at Hana embarrassingly holding the torn piece of cloth. On the other hand, Flora was already finished with a neat pile of clean clothes.

“Gwaaaakkkk…” Hana could only gape in disbelief with a wide-open mouth.

“Let’s try the next one.” Hana challenged.

The showdown moved from one challenge to the next. From cleaning glasses, mopping floors, tending to the garden, and many more.

Each task became a battlefield. Hana's efforts left a trail of messes while Flora worked flawlessly. It was like watching a masterclass from a top-tier maid.

There was no doubt Flora was the perfect dream maid, after all, I was the one who made her.

The final showdown: cooking. And I already knew what the results would be. But Hana was yet to give up.

After the timer went down, there was a real contrast, between the two sides of the divided kitchen. One looked like it just barely survived a doomsday and the other was laid out with lavish food beautifully garnished.

Hana slumped on her feet, falling to the ground beside the dish she had prepared.

“I lose…” Hana declared in a sorrowful voice.

“Does that mean I can never be a good maid for a master or serve master properly?” Hana mumbled as if she was about to cry.

I wanted to go and console her, but maybe I was babying her too much and keeping her away from the truth which would benefit her in no way.

Flora walked up beside Hana. On a nearby table, a small plate held two sandwiches that had somehow survived the chaos.

Hana seemed to have been aware that her sandwich-making attempts had cost several lives. Flora’s food on the other hand practically radiated with deliciousness.

“These are at least edible,” Flora said while chewing.

“Wait… Stop don’t eat them they are not good. Worst you will die if something bad happens.” Hana tried to snatch away the plate from Flora.

“I won’t die so easily.” Flora was adamant as she resisted from giving the plate back to Hana by raising it high. Slowly she finished the last slice as well.

“But…But…” Hana did not know what to say about herself after this crushing defeat.

“Let’s make it again but this time I will help you.” Flora offered.

It seemed like Hana had already found a savior for herself.

That night, in the multitude of cuisines that Flora had prepared for dinner. There silently sat a plate with few ordinary sandwiches.

As for Hana she quietly waited and watched in awe as we ate those sandwiches and survived the night.

***

 

ALICIA ASCALON ASHBORN

I feel so bored.

I silently sat on the soft green turf from where I could have the best view of the evening sky as the sun set in front of me.

Even though it was all artificial and magic. I quite enjoyed it.

What should I do? Maybe something a cute girl would do on a weekend.

Reading books, sleeping a lot, and eating tasty food. But that’s what I have been doing for the past two days.

I remember this morning; Hana came running to me saying she had something very important to do.

“Master I am going to learn everything from Flora and be the best maid for you.”

“I will look forward to it. But don’t forget to take a rest whenever you get tired.” I knew Hana was always an energetic girl, but I am sure Flora would take care of her.

So, now even Hana had something she could put her heart into.

“Alicia is something bothering you?” Mother came from behind me and sat close by.

“Nothing mother.”

“I can’t believe you have reached an age where you can say and decide that kind of things for yourself. I get it I totally get it. Now you won’t even share with your mother what’s troubling you.” Mother sulked in front of me as she gently brushed off a single tear from her eye.

“It’s not like that… I was just…” I couldn’t tell whether mother still only saw me as a child or if she was just playing with me.

“Is it because for some reason you don’t feel like using your powers any longer? Or, how you don’t even feel like moving your own body anymore. The magic you cherished so much and the people who became so close to you. Do you feel like you no longer need them?”

“Mother’s voice was a bit direct as she sharply gazed into my eyes as if probing for something.

Was she already aware of what I was going through? Did she know I would end up feeling like this once I had found Athena?

“Everyone always rejected and denied me in my previous life. But in these past few days seeing how many people have accepted me. And that’s the reason I want to stay away from it all because I am afraid I might hurt them. But I do not want to go away from anyone.”

It was not just a groundless feeling or my fearful thoughts. Deep in my heart, I knew I had already suffered because... I existed.

“Then just do what you have been doing all this time. Before finding Athena, you were even determined to travel the whole world to find her. So, why don’t you continue with your journey? And with your extraordinary powers, you can keep on helping Athena as well.” Mother offered me advice.

“But will that really work…” I was still hesitant, what if I was not made up for it?

As if mother just now read my mind, she kissed my forehead. “It’s alright. You know I will be always here waiting to listen to your adventure stories when you return. You can always come here to rest and take a break whenever you want.”

“Mother…”

Caroline suddenly separated herself from me, as if this time she wanted me to notice.

“Alicia please don’t call me mother anymore. I never wanted to let my love for you overwhelm you and get in your way of searching for your goddess. But now that you have come back can’t you and I be more affectionate?” Caroline slowly pulled me in closer.

Is this what they called a mother’s love? After all, this is my home. And the True Hero, Caroline considers me her own daughter.

I always wanted to do this as well…

“…Mom.”

“You finally said it.” Caroline who always appeared to be headstrong in all situations, this time overcame with emotions.

I never got to know my real parents. And I do not have them in this world either. But maybe for a loving family, I do not need to have blood relations. Because I have the strongest mom.

Just when our mother’s daughter time was at its peak, someone rammed into the bushes nearby.

“Carol this is unfair, you took the initiative first.” The familiar sound seemed to accuse mom of something.

“Dad…” I instinctively called out on seeing the True Demon lord.

I quickly put my hands on my mouth as if to cover my crime. There’s no way an evil demon lord would liked to be called dad even by her own daughter.

“Wohooo… I did it too. Did you hear that Carol! I guess I won’t be losing this time.” Dad’s enthusiasm was at its seventh peak.

“Mom what is happening?” I innocently asked.

“There’s nothing Alicia you need to know.” Mom was surprised as well. After all the demon lord was able to sneak up on us.

“Alicia why don’t you call me that again.” Dad gently asked me to do something this embarrassing which was not at all befitting of a true demon lord. I truly object to this soft demeanor of the demon lord of this world.

“Zyl… I am glad you get to win as well.” Mom then continued with her clenched teeth, “But why don’t you go in first, and then let’s have a good chat.”

With a saddened face, dad left while mom and I stayed. Some time passed, and in between our conversations, my mom continued to play with my hair and cheeks.

“Alicia do you remember this is the same place I asked you to become my daughter and I will be your mother. And I gave you the name Alicia. Looks like we are finally mother and daughter.”

I still remember the first time I saw this star-filled night sky, and today too it was dazzling.

“Yes. Mom and I love the name Alicia.”

***

 

CAROLINE ASCALON ASHBORN

As a True Hero and a reincarnate it had always been my duty to protect this world. But once the Great War ended I decided to retire with my loving husband ⸺surprisingly my supposed to be arch-enemy, the True Demon Lord of this world.

 Soon I got my first happiness as I became a mother and had a daughter whom we raised with love.

The Divine System that had tormented me and my love for all these years, I promised to not even let its shadow fall on my family.

But fate had its own twisted face, when a scared and lonely girl walked into my home. She was not helpless nor weak.

But just by looking at her, I knew she was the descendant of my master who taught me swordsmanship. And her appearance here was by no means a coincidence.

Soon we learned that another wave of reincarnates had already taken over the world.

I could have easily, turned her away. But she looked so tired and hopeless of this world.

I wanted to look after her. After all, it would be completely immoral for a hero to leave such a cute and adorable child alone.

And today she finally called me mom and it felt like I had got my second daughter. No, she is my daughter and I fully accept her no matter what she is.

I wanted to protect her from the clutches of the divine system which was strongly engraved into her existence.

But I did not want to get in her way of happiness so instead I trained her to face this world head-on.

From Alicia’s words and some of her encounters. It was obvious that the divine system was already playing its hand.

At a glance, it would appear like the Divine System was only trying to tie all the lose ends it had left in the previous cycle. But for what purpose?

Even though it could have been no more than a coincidence. But I know it would not take too long for these small threads of fate to tighten around one’s neck.

How could I let my daughter to endure that suffocation when I know how dreadful it feels to be strangulated and let down by fate?

But I wanted to believe that my lovely daughter, Alicia could brave any challenge.

“Mom I still don’t know what exactly should I do. But I think I will continue going on adventures just like you did.”

Alicia as usual gently embraced me; slowly tightening her grip around my torso. Trying to curl around her hand and get as much close as she could.

“And there’s one more thing…” she continued.

I knew my master well. And I always knew she was the oddest person I had met with the most beautiful and adorable face in this world.

And Alicia was the spitting image of her, so much so that I could see the glimpses of my master in her whenever we trained together or had duels.

“Mom you know how much I like solving mysteries and adventure…” Alicia looked straight into my eyes which magically glowed and flickered between two distinct colors I was most familiar with.

I thought I always knew them well. But sometimes they can be so weirdly cold and downright scary at times.

“Mom I know both Athena and you have been hiding something from me for a long time. And if it is something necessary that I must know about myself. I will find it out on my own no matter what. So, please look after me as you always have mom.”

***

 

 ̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄ SUPPORT ME IN MY WRITING ̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄

Everyone who is reading my novel and loves Alicia on her exciting adventures in this new fantasy world.

Thanks a lot for all your support! It really means a lot to me.

Till now I have published from volume one to volume eight for free. And I hope to continue to do so even now. It has really been an exciting work for me to narrate you the story of our main character who fights her way to the bottom of abyss with her magic and skills and then eventually storms in the outside world.

Keeping the text error free takes a lot of revisions and consumes time, but no work is ever perfect. With your support and reviews I know that I have improved a lot in my writing.

You can support my writing by reviewing my book on the platform you are reading.

And even now I am asking for a bit more that if you voluntarily support my writing.

 .

Patreon page Link - https://www.patreon.com/noelelitia

Paypal link - Click Here

Join discord community - https://discord.com/invite/WUGFUxbpbd

 .

I hope that you keep enjoying my work and in knowing the interesting characters which will be constantly introduced to you in the story.

I hope that the next chapter too proves to be to your liking!

Happy Reading Everyone!!!

14