Volume 7 : CHAPTER – 17 : THE GIRL WHO CAN SEE (2)
1.1k 25 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Would like to thank our new patrons:

  • P4ntagon_
  •  
  • logan hassett

To read 5 new chapters in advance and support me in writing this novel becoming a Patreon is highly appreciated.

Patreon page - https://www.patreon.com/noelelitia

 

CHAPTER – 17

THE GIRL WHO CAN SEE (2)

 

ARYA STARK

People always tend to get enamored by anything mystical or overwhelming. Possessing these mystic eyes since birth I am able to analyze all kinds of magic and learn of its nature.

Just by seeing the flow of magic in space, I could gain an understanding of any kind of magic spell. For me it was no more than an intelligent wand, a conduit for power be it good or malicious. And that scared me.

As a child, I always thought it was so amazing that I could see other’s magic power and properly understand them. Turns out, my ability was too strong that based upon it I could also decipher their behavior, personality, and attack patterns and come up with their lethal applications.

But the deeper I went I found the dark side of magic. Their use in war, the power that could end up hurting not only others but people I hold precious as well. Fortunately, father, the King of Stark Kingdom had always promoted peaceful policies, so we could all live in peace.

But as I grew, people’s expectations of me grew as well. Attracting even unwanted attention and those who held ill will against the kingdom. I could no longer find myself enchanted by magic.

My fascination for magic faded as its necessity grew over me.

So, I made a decision to never stop using this magic and continuously kept my mystic eyes activated even in my sleep. This always puts a huge burden on me, but I was ready to suffer anything to keep everyone around me safe.

And in this madness, I unconsciously forgot the way to deactivate my mystic eyes.

If only I was able to identify that poison’s presence before, I should have been able to prevent it. But this only means that the culprit who did this was aware of my ability and still got past me somehow. 

After acquiring the healing potions that could possibly wake up mother and father from the cursed sleep. I wanted to also find the creator of the potion and with my abilities, I could easily identify the maker. For the first time when I held this miraculous potion in my hands. I never would have thought I could fall victim to my inquisitiveness.

For some unknown reason, I once again started feeling it from my core to my fingertips.

A magic so absolute that could only be wielded by the purest of hearts. The magic formula was so complex and yet the simple flow and nature described the gentle feeling in my eyes. One could only conclude that it was created by a genius.

My unfounded intoxicated attraction to this magic even led me to search for that person in this ship, the moment I sensed a synchronous power.

I had to find the person and see it for myself. The power was so strong even when it leaked, that it was hard for my eyes to adjust and keep up.

Until then when she held me in her arms, the burning feeling finally subsided and I was able to think straight.

The girl who stopped me from falling and the girl who was now facing the pirates far away from the ship as all of us now saw from the deck.

“They are the same.” I could finally gaze and look straight at her.

She could not fake her divine magic powers from me. The attraction between us for me became much stronger even before we had spoken a word.

I still could not see her face from this far while she engaged in a conversation with the pirates so that the crew could find some time to help those who were caught in the blast.

As I previously remembered she wore a mask but now her face was exposed with her pure white hair. Most probably the mask worked to conceal her identity.

“I wonder what kind of person she is. I want to…”

This attraction was everything I ever needed and wanted, yet at such a rare moment, I panicked all the same. After feeling a little lightweight, I give in to the past exhaustion.

Thankfully my caretaker Alfred was by my side and he supported me.

“Princess you should head inside the ship. It’s dangerous to stay on deck.” He spoke feebly so no one could hear him.

“I will be fine. I am stronger than this, at least I have to be till we reach home. Tell me what’s the situation?”

I had already decided on what I needed to do next.

“I am afraid these pirates are quite a force and we are surrounded from all sides. Things do not look good and we don’t know anything about the person who is causing them interference for now and how long it will last.” Alfred was uncertain of our fate.

“Everything will be fine,” I said confidently and maybe it caught Alfred’s eyes.

“Princess, do you know something.”

Without answering Alfred’s question I started doing something absurd seeing how Alfred made a stupefied expression.

“Alfred I want you to use these.”

“But princess, these are the healing potions for the King and Queen.” Alfred’s breathing became unstable. Maybe finally old age was getting to him. I will just make sure that he gets a lot of rest after everything settles down.

“They are no longer needed. Believe me, I know what I am doing.”

As I handed out the potion to Alfred while he handled them with care. I made sure to notice the expression on the two girl’s faces. Surprisingly the elf and the girl accompanying her were standing in my line of sight.

‘….Those potions. So she was the one Caige told us about.’ I could not miss the words from the elf in all the cries of the people. And that made me more certain and resolved to do this.

“Princess, what do you plan to do with these healing potions? Aren’t they important?”

“Not anymore when…” I take pause and instead of wasting time explaining I decided to head straight.

“Alfred, these people are all heading to the Stark Kingdom. I want to get all these people out of danger and reassure them that the kingdom is the safest place where they can freely trade. As a princess, this is my obligation and I will enforce it.”

***

 

THE SHIP

“Hana what is Alicia trying to do? I can see little from this far. Is she going to confront all the pirates by herself or is there a way we can fight these pirates too?” Regis almost finds herself being helpless in these seas.

Regis was thoughtful and carefully analyzed her situation. If she could try shooting down some of the pirates on the normal ships. But they were so many, that if she aggravates them, then they all might come at them at once. People might die if she acted rashly.

For now, they all are maintaining a distance. Most, probably they were waiting for their pirate leader’s command.

‘Maybe Alicia would be able to figure out a way for us to escape.’ Regis thought to herself.

The damage to the ship was so severe that for now all it could do was float. Maintenance would probably take hours or a day.

“Regis won’t they just let us pass if we give them some tasty fish dish from this ship”

“Are you the only one on this ship who is enjoying this? And why am I even asking this as if it's normal.” Regis found herself conflicted but at the same time, she realized it would be useless to argue with Hana since she would be completely unaware of the danger.

“Hana do you know what Alicia plans to do?”

“Yes. Master is planning to lift the ship and take off.” Hana says excitedly with one of her arms dashing upwards.

Regis was now almost regretting asking this question and dying of the stress that was piercing her brain.

“Is that even possi…. Actually, the reason she terrifies me is that I can’t finish this statement with conviction.” Regis strained her head and was left thinking until Hana interrupted again.

“But something has changed just now, I cannot receive any information from Master because she is condensing a lot of magic right now.”

“Ahhh! I give up I don’t get it. Let’s look around the ship.”

Just then Regis’s enraged eyes catch the same girl in the corridor.

And extraordinarily she held healing potion items that Regis would have recognized anywhere.

“….Those potions. So she was the one Caige told us about.”

Before Regis could think about what to do next. The girl having the potions stands on the top of a barrel acquiring the center stage.

“Everyone on this ship, right now we all know that we are in danger from an incursion of pirates. Their numbers are overwhelmingly large than us and our weaponry has no effect on them. I know you are afraid.”

Everyone was listening to the girl intently and with the eloquence, she spoke she carried people’s thoughts and appealed to their hearts addressing the problem.

“I am the first princess of Stark Kingdom and I am scared too. This ship is currently flowing in the Stark Kingdom’s sea borders and as its Royal Family member I promise to play the role to keep you all safe.” The girl ends up revealing her identity which brings everyone to shock. Even her butler Alfred had his mouth wide open because he was not informed of this before.

“What she is the princess?”

“Is the army coming to help us?”

People had several doubts and some saw her sudden appearance as suspicious.

“Everyone silent the princess means important business here?” The captain of the ship came to the rescue with his heavy, blaring voice.

“The army of Stark Kingdom would have come to help us if they notice these pirates but for now they do not know of our predicament. Neither we can wait for their arrival. There are many on this ship who is badly injured because of the previous explosion. And I have magical healing potions that can heal anyone who has been injured in the attack.”

The princess climbs down and heads to the place where the injured people were being taken care of. Looking for a patient who had his whole left side burnt in the cannon fire. Most probably he was going to die and even with the best medication he would still have those painful burnt marks throughout his life.

“You will be back to running in no time.” The princess encourages the injured as he faintly looks at her.

She breaks the bottle and pours all of it on his burnt body. The blue liquid turns into pressurized moisture like pixie dust and falls on the patient’s body.

A white light faintly diminishes the view and behold all the injuries of the man had vanished. His burnt skin was replaced by newly regenerated skin.

No one could have said that mere moments ago he was on his deathbed with a half-burnt body.

“Captain I want every healer on this ship to treat the injured people. Please use these potions and make sure they are administered to those who are in the most danger. Alfred.”

“Yes, princess. I will myself look to it.”

“Princess I cannot thank you enough. He was one of my crewmen, to use such a miraculous potion on him.”

“This is not the time to hold back. We must act immediately before the pirates make a move on us and they remain distracted.”

“Oh, so do you know who that mysterious person is who appeared from the sky.”

The princess chooses not to answer and stood straight-faced.

Except for Regis, Hana, and Arya, to everyone else, it looked like Alicia had appeared from the sky because she was flying.

The captain pulls his cap down in respect for the princess’s kindness and orders, “Everyone heard the princess. Collect all people with healing magic. And my crewmen follow me. Bring all the repair ship equipment along with you to the right wing. The sails of this ship, will stand proud once again” the Captain too had finally found his encouragement to continue with this voyage.

The princess returns to her position but this time the atmosphere had changed and everyone looked up to her to show the path.

Regis and Hana had no choice but to watch. In no way they could risk revealing their identities.

“The pirates for now won’t be attacking. But we don’t know for how long that will be?”

“Then who’s going to save us?”

“We are just merchants. We can’t fight ourselves.”

Regis was just then about to jump in, thinking these men were expecting too much from the princess but just then princess beckoned them to all look in the front sky.

“I don't command an army right now, or wield the power to defeat them on my own. However, the white-haired girl in the sky does. It’s all up to her. But I refuse to be powerless, to not even try to put my faith into action. Believe me or not, but I do ⸻that she is going to conquer them.”

“Look there is a lesser number of pirates now with the pirate Captain. Did she defeat them?”

“Is she really that strong? I cannot see a thing from this far?”

“Who is she?” There were questions on everyone’s lips.

“She is the White Queen.” The princess announced honorably.

.

“Huh!!!” Regis was left shocked.

“I know Master is going to conquer the ocean, but I am not sure about the name.” Hana was for the first time worried.

‘I am sorry, but I had no other name idea. I just said what was on my mind’ Arya was not an overdramatic person but she found herself guilty for giving her a fancy nickname without her permission. She had no other choice…

In Arya’s regretful thoughts and the people’s fascination, a white light drops from the sky and sweeps through the sea surface like a racing grey fog.

Arya instantly knew what was happening with the magic but she could not realize the scale of it. She simply found it unbelievable to describe.

Her gaze was fixated in the sky and the beautiful radiance radiating from Alicia’s body was something that only she could see.

“I feel cold.” A voice from the crowd said and others claimed to feel the same.

“Look down, the water has turned to glass.”

Just as the man had claimed, the water surrounding them had turned into a white-grey clear sheet.

Apparently, it was not glass but pure ice. And not only the surroundings but as far as eyes could follow the ocean. All the water had turned into ice.

“Wahhaaaaa!” Another person in the crowd screamed as he fell to the ground in shock at the situation. “The pirates…. Pirates…”

“They are all dead.”

Everyone looking at the pirate ships could only find statues shaped in form of people equal to the number of pirates.

These ice statues had a diamond glow as if they were born to reflect sunlight. But everyone knew that the bodies inside them no longer radiated any signs of life.

“Is it the power of the White Queen?”

“We are the only ones safe.”

“It has to be. She saved us all.”

In only seconds, the entire ocean had turned into a vast silent cold desert of ice and death.

***

 

PIRATE CAPTAIN

“Everyone... The sea… al has turned into ice. What did you do?”

I was speechless then, not knowing what to do next. His idea to take the ship hostage had been destroyed even before he could have the chance to put it into action.

“Interesting, you did not turn into ice like your friends. Maybe that special gear of yours protected you.” The girl standing in front of her shows no change in her behavior. She was simply unaffected by the situation as if she knew she was always going to win.

“What are you talking about? You killed them all. How could you?” It was not the first time I had seen such power. But last time he never got to ask this question.

“It seems fair given the fact that all of you were going to kill us, so you should be prepared to die as well.” That was one simple rule Alicia had learned from her years in the labyrinth.

“That’s how monsters think!” I had no other words to describe her.

“All, I can say is that their death came even before they knew. I made it as painless and quick as possible.”

“As if I care. I will kill you… I will definitely kill you.”

Why does it feel like after all these months that tragedy is about to happen again?

“Have you ever faced the World’s Strongest? I wonder who is stronger you or him?”

My freedom as a pirate and dying as one was robbed from me by the one who gave me this power and the submarine.

The day when the World’s Strongest appeared in front of me.

The day when everything on this sea ended because of him and the same day when everything started because of him.

***

 

Read 5 chapters in advance on my Patreon page and you can also support me there.

 

Patreon page Link - https://www.patreon.com/noelelitia

 

Join discord community - https://discord.com/invite/WUGFUxbpbd