Volume 9 : Chapter 10 – THE NUMBER ON MY HEAD (2)
634 9 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10

THE NUMBER ON MY HEAD (2)

 

SIEB – SENENTH ZEHN MASTER BELLADONNA

Soul Tally. A blessing of this world I obtained through sheer coincidence.

I do not know what the Gods of this world had planned for me, but the day I received this blessing completely changed my worldview.

And it was only then that I realized what a boring life I had been leading in this world, where I could have anything I desired.

Because until the day I received this blessing, I was just an ordinary village gate guard.

It was a small settlement in a forest far from the influence of nobility or the disturbance of monsters. In such a remorse and resource scant location not even, monsters could come.

And I was the one and only guard of this nameless village appointed by our old village head and a measly population that could be counted on fingers.

Every day without fail I would appear at the village gate which was in reality just a temporary fence built out of forest trees.

It was an easy job but I was happy with the fact that I was the one protecting this village.

Things were going alright until the village chief’s son returned from the outside. Five years back he had arrogantly left the village complaining that the village meant nothing to him and how he hated being here.

After that, the village chief fell ill and his son assumed temporary authority as the next village chief. Usually, this post did not have much influence over the peaceful lives of the villagers who were busy performing their daily tasks and did not mind the change.

I also decided to look the other way. Until a rumor started spreading in the village like wildfire.

While standing alone on guard at the village gate, suddenly, kids who used to play around appeared and started throwing mud balls at me.

“Stop it. Why are you doing this?” I shouted at them.

At first, I dismissed it as them just fooling around or wanting to play a prank, until I heard those words.

“Are you really the village guard? Because I've never seen you move!”

“My parents said that the village is peaceful and there has never been a need of guard before.”

“Doesn’t that mean he is doing nothing for the village and lazing around all day?”

“Just look at his weapon it’s not even a real spear but just a wooden pointed spear.”

“I bet he sold his real spear for gold.”

“After all everyone knows in the village that Sieb is a slacker and wasting the village's money.”

The kids began teasing me every day from that point onward. Each day their remarks intensified as if the entire village wanted me out of their sight.

But I am not the village guard because the village is unsafe or in immediate danger. But because danger can fall anytime.

It was my duty to warn the villagers on time and keep the village safe.

That was my oath and there was no way I would give it up because of some slandering. All I could hope was that it would slowly die down if I kept ignoring them.

A week later, the old village chief passed away, his son now assumed full authority.

Always stationed at the gate, with my hut situated close to the outskirts of the village. I was never privy to the inside talks of the village.

One day I saw the new village chief approaching me. He wore an outfit uncommon to our village customs. His gaze moved around as if he was looking down at everything with disgust.

But the people around the village followed him for some reason.

“I presume you are the village guard, Sieb.”

“Yes, chief. I am sorry I could not attend your party on becoming the new chief because of my duties.” I replied with utmost respect.

“I can see your dedication and desire to protect the village clearly.”

“I am grateful to hear that my hard work is appreciated even by the new village chief.” I bowed.

“The village resources and treasury have been completely drained during my father’s time. That’s why I am planning to make some changes to save funds. In that regard, I have recently heard a lot about you.”

“I don’t know what you heard about me. But I don’t think I am the right person to ask about village financial affairs.” I was unable to understand why the new chief was telling me all this.

"I've been told that all your job is to stand here." the new chief's voice became slightly sharp as he took a step closer to me.

“My lord, but it is important that a guard must be stationed here every time to warn the village if any danger comes.” I explained.

“To my knowledge, such a danger has not appeared for almost five decades. I hardly doubt anything will change. At this point, I even doubt there is a need for a village gatekeeper. How about you perform your duty at one-third of your salary.” The new village chief announced in front of everyone as if mocking my life itself.

The gazes of the people who had gathered fixated on me as if I were a threat. An outsider.

Indirectly, telling me that I should shut my mouth and just accept whatever I was told.

The reason was simple, I was only a child when the previous village chief brought me from the outside and gave me a place to stay here. Besides the previous village chief, I had no other close relationship with anyone in this village.

“Of course, it won’t be forever. Besides you don’t have any family to look after so I am sure you can make it till winter. And once the village funds have accumulated I will compensate you.” The village chief instead of giving me any choice pushed down this proposal on me.

“Alright chief.” I accepted.

Thinking that maybe he was just trying to help the village by being strict. Even though I might not be able to save money now, somehow I should be able to manage at least my meals.

Months passed and it was time for the blooming season of the herbs grown in our village. It was a special herb used to create an effective magic potion.

It was an herb difficult to grow in ordinary conditions, but the harsh terrain that isolated our village was the perfect condition for it to thrive.

After harvest season merchants from outside would come to buy it from us to sell it in the capital city.

Making sure the herb garden was safe was also part of my duty. So, when I went for the weekly inspection. I found the herb garden was completely laid bare.

In frenzy, I quickly ran to the village chief’s house to inform him.

“I already know what is the situation of the herb garden. I was the one who gave the order.” The village chief said without understanding the urgency of the situation.

“What are you saying? Our ancestors have made sure to keep the herb garden safe. Chief you can’t just uproot everything from earth.” I hurriedly explained the consequences of the matter.

“Won’t the damn thing just grow again like always? It’s just a kind of grass after all.” The new village chief irritably answered.

“How can you say that? If you uproot the herb from the roots, the new buds will take more than a year to grow. The practice was only to pick up the fully grown leaves. The village then won’t be able to trade anything with the merchants next time and will fail to collect provisions.” I pushed my concerns.

“Don’t teach me my job. And aren’t you crossing the line? Don’t forget that I am the village chief now.” The village chief did not appear to kindly take my words.

“The previous village chief would have never allowed this. I will talk to the villagers and I am sure they won’t take this matter lightly.” I could not let this matter slide because the future of the village depended upon it.

“Haaahhh… Look how cheeky you have grown. But the villagers are the ones who agreed to my proposal.” The new village chief revealed.

I was shocked but there seemed to be truth in his words. Because someone from the village should have found out what happened to the herb garden and would have protested.

“Don’t bother your little brain. The value of the new fresh leaves and buds is more on the market. Just the sight of the gold coins I showed the villagers, that the mage tower was ready to pay for the grass made them to beg me to allow them to join my side.” The new village chief haughtily laughed at my despaired look.

“Why you?” I protested as I moved to hold him by his collar to teach him a lesson.

Suddenly he signaled by raising his hand and two husky men came into the room. One of them held me from my back and made me fall to the ground.

“You know I always hated this stupid village. Even though we have such a profitable thing to sell, the old buffoon was adamant to follow the old tradition so I took care of him. And seems like his clown has decided to follow suit.”

"I'm warning you, don't do this. There might be a monster attack, as the herbs also function as a repellent." I grumbled.

“I see your concerns are valid. So, Sieb I have decided to relieve you from your duties from now on. These two gentlemen are from the capital and are more than capable of handling any kind of monster attack.”

“Even though you sell everything right now. What will you have left to sell if the herb fails to grow again?”

“I see you are not all the fool they said you would be. And if such thing were to happen I can easily run away with all the current profits and still live a fulfilling life in the capital.” The new village chief looked down at me with a smiling face as he shoved my face with his foot.

“How could you do this to your own village?” I asked trying my best to free myself from the grasp of the bodyguards he brought.

“I can’t help but laugh at how ignorant you are. You are worried about the villagers who were the first ones to give up on you. The rumors, and with the arrangement they told me to keep you out of the loop because they knew you would be the only one against it.” The new village chief told me.

The thought of how I had been betrayed by my village seeped in me so deeply that I failed to control my anger.

With my other free hand, I grabbed the top of my wooden spear and broke it into two parts. Finally, using the pointed edge, I stabbed my captor through the neck and freed myself.

The village chief was quickly taken aback by this violence and the blood that splattered on the floor. My hands and body were completely muddled in crimson.

And my eyes started getting covered in blood. In the haziness, something shone in front of my eyes as if someone was trying to say to me something.

In between I could hear the surrounding noises the village chief and the other guard made.

“What have you done? You murderer. Kill him now.” The village chief ordered the other guard.

By the time the light disappeared from my eyes as if I had already deciphered the revelation as I looked at the other guard with bloodshot eyes.

The moment our gaze met he froze in his steps.

“Finally, nothing binds me anymore. I will protect this village.” I uttered and pulling out the spear top I embedded it directly into the other guard who had frozen in his movement.

From a guard who hadn’t taken even a single life in his five year of career became a murderer when he decided to plunge first into action to protect his village.

Was I self-conceited then? But the blessing that bright light gave me had already overtaken my thoughts and emotions intensifying them.

With everything I killed my hands became more red. I don’t remember much of what happened next.

After killing the other guard maybe, I killed the village chief next.

And to every villager, I went for help. Some tried to run away from me and others took weapons and attacked me.

I ended up killing them all. To my blessing, everything looked like numbers that appeared on top of their heads. With every kill, the number on top of my head increased by one no matter it was any elderly, man, woman, or child. With every soul I reaped more strength flowed into me.

I had turned into something like a grim reaper.

From being a pathetic village guard, my life mission changed to become the strongest with this blessing.

Every time I used this power, I assessed my worth and weighed it against others. Each victory gave me the right to take everything from the loser.

From village to village, I massacred everyone to increase my kill count and make my blessing even stronger.

I had no reason to do this, but I did not want to stop either. As if a devil had possessed me.

That was until I met the people of the Belladonna Organization.

Even before I decided to clash with them, I knew they were different.

While my blessing for the first time did not work on their head leader. My blessing recoiled on me when I used it on their second and third leader.

Instead of punishing me, they offered me their hand with the promise to make me even stronger and show me the real use of my blessing.

And that’s how I became the seventh leader of the Belladonna organization. Aparrently, all the ten Zehn masters of the organization had a blessing with them.

While my blessing produced negative effects against the first three masters because their kill count was more than mine.

The fourth, fifth, and sixth Zehn masters had blessings that could still overpower me even with my blessing being at an advantage because their stats were only a little affected by my blessing.

I was composed until now even after finding that Nia and everyone had betrayed me.

I had always accepted betrayal as part of my life since that day.

But the fact that a small naïve girl in front of me questioned my blessing without knowing her place, made me mad.

“You have made a very big mistake foolish girl. I will make sure you regret your final moments for making me angry.” I warned her as she challenged me to use my blessing on her.

There was no doubt, that she could have been smart, or at least I considered her to be after she entered my fort. Maybe she had planned for reinforcement.

But no one came.

Her teleportation magic could help her escape anytime. But she refused to use it even while Nia was dying with that fatal wound.

Could it be possible that this small girl could be confident that she has killed more people than me?

Haaaa. It's unthinkable. She is just out of her mind.

After all, my kill count is 3522 according to the soul tally. Nia’s is at still a mere 52.

And this girl in the mask is still younger than her.

"Looks like you have yet to see how cruel the outside world is." And with that, I locked my gaze on her.

I used my blessing ⸺Soul Tally.

“Huh…. Haaaaahaaaa. I knew it. You are just an innocent kid who is yet to learn her place.”

After all, the number on her head was undoubtedly a big zero.

I could not contain my laughter, as if I hadn’t felt amused like this in a very long time.

“I see your blessing is of such a low level that it can’t even look past the deceptive ability of this mask.” The girl in front of me looked unfazed even after demeaning her.

How could that be even possible? My blessing should have reduced her to a position of not even being able to stand up straight. Her stats should have almost deprecated.

All I could see was her hand approaching her mask as she tried taking it off.

***

 

REGIS ASCALON

“I can sense someone ahead of us. There are exactly two.” Prowl said as we all ran through the hidden passage.

We were still pursuing the person who had taken Ivy’s mother captive.

“Don’t worry Ivy I will get your mother back.” I said to Ivy as I moved ahead of the others.

“Wait miss Regis.” Prowl suddenly warned me. His shadow continued to move forward and an explosion took place.

“It was a trap. So, they know we are here.” Mars sneered as he didn’t like the sound of it.

It was only thanks to Prowl who sensed the magic trap beforehand, otherwise I might have gotten badly injured in that blast.

“Ah! You got me.” A chuckling voice came from behind a huge rock and a girl with black hair that looked familiar came forward.

Her facial features looked similar to Nia's. And in her hand, she held the reigns of a cart loaded with a cage inside which an elf lady cowered.

“I had previously set so many physical traps but none of them slowed you down. So, I decided to use a magical trap this time. But that did not work either.” The young girl said looking around.

“Are you talking about this?” Hana casually took out an axe stuck in her arm. And several arrows from her back.

“When did you even get those? And why are you not hurt or in pain? Are you really a human?” Mars still had his doubts.

Hana passed an intent gaze at Mars and he became silent. “Never mind.”

I suppose Alicia would be worried if she heard Hana get hurt.

“That’s Ivy's mother.” Prowl pointed out at the person in the cage.

“Lenya…” Suddenly Ivy muttered concluding from the facial features with which Nia used to describe her little sister.

“But that’s Nia’s little sister's name.” Prowl muttered in surprise as this was their first time seeing Nia’s little sister.

“Oh, so you know my sister. Are you her comrades? I wanted to say hi to my big sister. But my master quickly demanded my presence and asked me to bring in this elf for his magic experiment. So can you say hi to her for me?” Lenya looked as if she was about to turn and leave just like that.

Whizzzz…

Just when Lenya tried moving, I shot an arrow quickly passing a few inches above Lenya’s shoulder.

Everyone was surprised by my actions.

“First you attack us with traps. And that is Ivy’s mother you are taking away. We can talk after you give her back.” I announced my decision to her.

“What are you talking about? Don’t you know the organisation orders are absolute?” Lenya complained.

“I don’t give a crap about the organization.” I answered.

“On a second thought, you don’t even look like an assassin to me. So, you are an intruder.” Lenya turned to Prowl, Mars, and Ivy, “Since you are my sister comrades why don’t you take care of the intruder while I head towards completing my task.”

No one moved but quietly observed Lenya.

“I suppose the seventh master was not talking nonsense when he warned me that my big sister was soon going to betray him. I cannot have my sister betray the organisation and run on lose. I will take care of her and clear my name from this disgrace.” Lenya frustratedly rubbed her head with her hand.

As soon as she noticed us hesitating, Lenya pounced at me taking out a dagger from her pocket.

I was only barely able to put out a magic layer around my body to lessen the pain.

But then Hana came forward and grabbed the dagger by her hand. With her other hand, she held Lenya’s arm.

“What are you? Leave me.” Lenya resisted but Hana’s hand was unmovable like a mountain.

In that tension, they heard a cracking voice and suddenly Lenya leapt back to where she held the cage.

“She broke her arms to free herself.” Hana muttered.

“Lenya stop this. Your sister is fighting for your freedom. You don’t need to do this.” Prowl tried to talk sense into Nia’s little sister.

“You think I really care about my sister? She did not come back and left me alone in this hell. Now the organisation is the only thing that matters to me. If you don’t move back I will kill this elf woman. You don’t want me doing that do you.” Lenya had a good grasp that Hana could be detrimental if she attacked straightforwardly.

So, she turned her knife towards Ivy’s mother taking her hostage.

“I see you are an ungrateful little sister. I promised this little child that I would save her mother no matter what. That’s why your threats won’t work on me.” I was already resolved to do anything to save Ivy’s mother.

There was no turning back when she was right in front of me. I am sure Alicia could have easily turned this situation around with her magic.

But I am not someone who would only rely on other’s power. I am an elven princess and I must protect those I promised.

The arrow that I was pointing at Lenya, I suddenly aimed it upwards at the top wall.

The magic arrow blasted the roof and it loosened the rocks producing a cacophony.

“Are we really going to be buried here today alive?” Mars cried as his trauma took over.

The ceiling of the cave just above the cage began to collapse onto Lenya.

She had no choice but to retreat back quickly leaving the cart behind.

In that small time interval, I snooped in by sliding with full wind thrust. On reaching close to the cage, I faced upwards and launched another arrow.

But this time the arrow levitated close to us right above the cage, forming a convex forcefield with the tip of the arrow as its center.

The giant rocks that fell from above, turned into powder the moment they touched the forcefield made by my arrow.

I had seen Alicia several times using barrier magic. Even though I couldn't use something as stable as that.

But I could still maintain my magic in a small region and can now take advantage of its destructive nature.

After the downfall stopped, I and Lenya’s mother were still safe.

“How dare you? First, my sister betrays me. And now you are even stopping me from carrying out my mission.” Lenya repeatedly thrust her dagger into the ground in exasperation.

“Lenya come back. Your sister is doing everything to save you. Just for once see her.” Prowl pleaded. She knew how hard Nia had tried for her sister’s sake to suppress her emotions and carry out the organization’s every command.

“You are wrong nobody can save anyone, not even my sister. She never came back to me. I was tortured and about to die but no one helped. So, I had to kill everyone and master chose me to do his bidding.” Lenya screamed pulling her hair as if she did not realise the pain she was inflicting on herself.

Something was wrong with Lenya. And anyone who saw her in that moment could feel it.

It was one thing if she expressed her emotions. But her body shivered as her hatred was intensified. As if it was deliberately being forced out of her.

Prowl amid the dust clouds he used his shadow binding technique on Lenya.

“Ivy now.” Prowl muttered.

In that moment Ivy used her mind manipulation magic to put Lenya under sleep.

“It worked.” Mars muttered as he saw Lenya stop resisting the bind.

But as soon as they decided to get close to her, markings started appearing on her entire body.

“No, that thing…. How could they?” Prowl muttered as he somewhat recognized the red markings on Lenya’s body.

Once the marking was spread throughout her body, forming a pattern, it began to glow, and her blood flowed from it.

After the light dimmed, Lenya was gone in front of them.

***

 

NIA

In the heart of winter, a snow fairy would dance among snowflakes. And every time she would appear she would bless us with protection in the harsh climate of the northern mountain.

My sister and I lived on a village situated on top of a mountain. Our parents would tell us every time about the village folklore of a snow fairy that would come each year to bless us.

Even though no one saw the snow fairy, her blessing would always help us survive through the harsh cold. Be it food, shelter, or keeping the monsters away.

But maybe that snow fairy did not come that year. Without food and under attack from a large pack of snow wolf monsters our village was cut from the outside world. No one would dare to come to the top of a mountain in winter plagued with snow storms.

We failed to receive any help and our surplus food did not last long.

Having no choice, the villages, decided to climb down the mountain. Many got ill and died on their way while fighting against the cold.

My mother was no exception. My sister and I held on tightly to each other. Finally, when we reached the bottom forest we hoped to find ourselves a refuge, a new home.

But instead, our arrival was met by a surprise attack from bandits who came out of nowhere. We were unfortunate and had no way to know, that the place was now a bandit territory.

They pillaged whatever little we carried and mercilessly slaughtered the remaining adults who were ill or too weak to fight.

The few children who remained like us were locked in cells.

I and my sister were there too. Alone in the dark.

At that time, we promised each other that we would find the snow fairy. And ask her to fix everything.

Maybe that hope alone kept us alive till we were finally sold off to the Belladonna organization and separated.

But in my current situation, I doubt I can find my little sister.

My vision was fainting. I was barely able to move my hand. And from what I saw that light bean had vaporized almost half of my stomach flesh.

Blood did not stop coming out and I could feel my body quickly getting cold.

Tears might have come out of my eyes too but I could now barely feel the wetness as I still cling to life.

I hope at least Ivy and Mars got to see their loved ones. And Prowl is safe too.

The man who was responsible for this situation was still standing strong.

And while on the other hand, miss Alicia was still there. She should get out of here while there is still time and at least save others.

“⸺Please leave and save yourself.” I tried to speak but my lips did not move.

In my final moments all I could see miss Alicia. I could see her removing her mask.

Right, I did not get to see how she looked beneath that mask.

Would she be sad?

I barely knew her and she barely knew me.

But once the mask had parted her silhouette. I felt I was dreaming.

With a calm face, her red lips lacked any sense of emotion.

Yet, the cascade of her snowy-white locks momentarily wrapped me in a tender warmth.

Her eyes burned with a flame of pure red. With a divine beauty that no ordinary being could possess. And magic power that flowed in harmony with nature.

There was no doubt.

“Lenya, I think I have found our winter fairy.”

***

 

THE BASE

“I see your blessing is of such a low level that it can’t even look past the deceptive ability of this mask.” Alicia said with a pinch of disappointment with how inefficient the blessing turned out to be.

As soon as Alicia removed her mask, her real appearance put Sieb in a daze.

He was lost in thoughts, but then as if a sudden heavy weight was thrown at him. And it kept on piling.

Immeasurable pain and weakness hits his body.

Sieb was quick to notice his stats dropping at an alarming rate and all his accumulated powers escaping him.

“What’s happening? Who are you?” Sieb yelled at me in doubt.

“Does it really matter now? So, why don’t you answer some of my questions now.” Alicia asked with a smile on her face believing it was her turn to get some answers now.

Sieb, who was so confident in his blessing till now, fell flat on his feet once he saw the exact number on Alicia’s head.

The blessing would have a starter counter of five zeros appearing on top of each head.

Sieb believed the world only housed beings that fit this number.

“What’s with that abnormal number? It can’t be true. No. Noooo.” Sieb as if possessed by madness now started speaking hysterically and shouting out of fear.

His face twisted and his hands paralyzed.

The same feeling his targets suffered now befell on him.

"Why don't you tell me how the Belladonna organization survived if it was supposed to have been wiped out by the True Hero," Alicia asked plainly.

It was the only one question, that had been on her mind all along. Otherwise, she would have not even bothered to spend so much time in this place.

“Not even the first Zehn master has that kind of number. So why you?” Sibe bit his tongue while speaking.

Quite unbecoming of an assassin who claimed to be so smart and always careful.

“This is becoming difficult if you keep spouting nonsense and not answer my questions. Is there something wrong with what you see?” Alicia did not want for Sieb to break down before he could answer her.

“Yes. That must be it. My blessing you did something to it. Its broken.” Sieb gave a disgusted laugh.

“I assure you. I did nothing. The number you must have been seeing should be true as long as you are not daydreaming.” Alicia assured her in return.

She started moving closer to Sieb thinking that he might have poor eyesight and could not see it clearly.

“Don’t come closer. You monster. Stay away.” Sieb no matter how much he wanted to deny the fact.

But the weakening effects on his body and the growing fear of just being in the presence of Alicia’s overwhelming magic were undeniable.

The number that appeared on top of Alicia’s head ⸺99$%9#999. It filled his heart with absolute fear.

“All traps activate.” Sieb fearfully shouted.

At the same time, he tries to stand up and run. Several laser traps and magical attacks he had planted in his base activated at once with Alicia as the target.

But for Alicia, she had already figured out the traps and for her, it was akin to a toy room.

“There are several weapons but I doubt anything is harmful to me.” Alicia with a movement of her hand puts a blue hexagonal shield in front of her and at the same time covers Nia with another not wanting to take a risk.

Sieb as if trying to seize this little chance raises his sword and desperately runs towards Alicia.

“[FUSION SPHERE]”

From Alicia’s fingertip a small cluster of magic energy releases and collides with Sieb’s fine sword.

Not only breaking it into pieces but also throwing Sieb out of the way.

“No, I cannot die here. My blessing is absolute. I will just kill more and more till I reach that number too.” Sieb uttered nonsense as he tries to stand up.

As Alicia saw Sieb run. She no longer wanted to waste her time in questioning a mad man.

“I cannot let you stain the legacy of the True Hero anymore. And that’s why I will make sure to erase the organisation from the face of this world.”

“[FROST VEIL]” Alicia with a single thought activated her magic.

In an instant, the entire base dome was covered in a screen of thin ice. And shimmering white frost starts falling.

In that frozen area, the ice statue of Sieb stands and slowly withers away without any trace.

.

Suddenly Nia, regained her consciousness, only to find her surroundings covered in a thin white sheet of ice. She raises her hand and a beautiful frost pattern embellishes her palm.

Nia suddenly realized she was neither dead nor dreaming, the warmth in this cold place confirming her reality. Her hand instinctively moved to check the open wound.

But Nia only found her returned flesh.

As Nia wondered what had happened a hand appeared in front of her.

She looked ahead and realized the vision she had of a snow fairy in her dying moment was not a dream.

“Are you a snow fairy?” Nia asked, her voice filled with a mixture of excitement and awe. Her hands involuntarily moved forward.

“You already know who I am.” The girl laughed with a warm smile amused by Nia’s joke. “Now let’s go back to everyone.”

***

 

REGIS ASCALON

“Just what happened and what was that marking?” I asked Prowl who looked somewhat informed about it.

“I have never seen it with my own eyes but only heard. The top Zehn masters instead of preferring to train children use these markings to enforce their will on the person.” Prowl’s clenched his teeth, disgusted by how the organization functioned.

“And what happens if they do not follow?” I could not stop thinking to myself. Even though I engaged in a fight against Lenya, I didn't really want to hurt her.

“The marks slowly feed on your blood and magic. And once you don’t have enough you die.” Prowl explained.

“But doesn’t that mean Lenya is being controlled in some way? All we need to do is just free her.” Ivy said.

“For now, it seems like some kind of teleportation spell was attached to those markings in case Lenya got captured on a mission. So, I think the Zehn master won't hurt her since he must have something important to keep her safe.”

Prowl could only do this much to reassure everyone.

“Leave it to me I will explain to Nia what happened. For now, let’s focus on rescuing Ivy’s mom.” Prowl then directed our attention to our immediate task.

“Besides, I didn’t know you could do something like that with arrows too.” Mars said complimenting my magic.

“Yeah, I didn’t know either.” I let my mouth slip.

It was only a second later that I realized what I said and found everyone except Hana had a gaped mouth.

“Don’t worry. I was not being careless. It worked somehow didn’t it.” I tried to reassure them that there was no reason to worry about the risk since the problem was already solved.

In the meantime, Hana had broken the bars of the cage.

Ivy quickly took out her mother who was in half unconscious state and started healing her.

She was in a weakened state but thankfully still aware of her surroundings.

As Ivy’s healing magic came into effect her vitality returned.

“She moved her eyes upward and seeing Ivy’s face her eyes lit up with tears.

“Ivy. You are really here my child. You are not hurt are you.” Ivy’s mom cried holding her daughter close to her chest.

Everyone was happy to see the touching reunion.

Ivy’s mother looked around to see the people around her present to get a grasp of the situation.

She might have previously seen or recognized Ivy’s comrades.

But then her eyes stared at me. She shook her head as she intently gazed at my long ears making me a bit conscious of myself.

I took a step back and now she was staring at my hair.

I tried to pick up my hair wondering did it got damaged in the blast, but everything looked just fine to me.

“My princess. I am sorry I did not recognize you immediately. Please forgive us for our behavior.” Ivy’s mother's outburst caught all of us by surprise as she put her head on the ground in front of me.

“Ivy you bow down too.” Her mother took Ivy’s head and made her bow down in front of me.

Ivy who understood little could not help but follow her mother’s direction.

Except for Hana somehow the truth was in front of everyone.

“But how…?” I couldn’t help but have a stupefied look on my face.

After all except the few people in the palace, no one had seen me as a princess.

“You must be the second princess. It’s an honor to be saved by an elf princess again. We can’t be thankful enough.” Ivy’s mom continued bowing down and thanking me

“Yes, princess we are grateful.” Ivy followed suit.

Why is she even doing this if she isn't sure herself?

“Please stand up. There’s no need.” I asked them before everyone had another breakdown here.

“Thank you, princess.” Ivy’s mom said with respect after a bit of hesitation.

Ivy was now looking with starry eyes at me, without doubting a single word from her mother.

“Prowl do you think is she really an elven princess? So, did we attack an elven royalty?” Mars coveted a secret conversation with Prowl.

“No one has denied it till now. And from her uncomfortable expression, it seems to be true.” Prowl calculated.

“Isn’t the punishment for attacking royalty death.” Mars said with a hollow face.

“I am more concerned about Nia. How she would respond after hearing this.”

“Shouldn’t now be the right time to jump at her feet and beg for forgiveness.” Mars did not want to fall into ruin just after gaining his new freedom.

“There’s no need to do that.” I warned the two.

I knew Ivy’s mother’s gratitude was genuine and she did not seem to have any bad intentions in revealing my identity. It was only the spur of a moment.

But now I was curious how she knew about my real identity.

“Can you tell me how did you know I am of elven royalty.” I asked with anticipation.

“I believe it was the first princess, your big sister Edith Ascalon who once visited us in our village with troops to stop the monsters from running the crops and forest.” Ivy’s mother recalled her time in the Ascalon Kingdom.

“So, big sister Edith came to help you. But, what does that have to do with me.”

It was not surprising, since big sister was in charge of these duties.

“Well, you see, the first princess, carried your portrait everywhere and as victory celebration made us pray to the goddess in the portrait who had blessed us by coming into this world. The portrait was of you, princess. How can I forget this vibrant red hair and how beautiful and big you have grown from that portrait.” Ivy's mother was overwhelmed with happiness as if witnessing a miracle, and she broke into tears of joy.

“Hold on, my sister did what? What the hell, was big sister thinking of showing my childhood portrait like a prize? I will never forgive her.”

***

I know I wouldn't have asked you to do this. But recently the rating of the novel on ScribbleHub has dropped significantly. So, if you are reading this and like my story, then I would kindly request you to give a good rating (like a five star) to this novel or more so leave a good review. I will be happy to read them.

Hope you enjoy your read. Happy Reading and have a nice day.

And a Happy New Year to all.

 ̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄ SUPPORT ME IN MY WRITING ̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄

Everyone who is reading my novel and loves Alicia on her exciting adventures in this new fantasy world.

Thanks a lot for all your support! It really means a lot to me.

Till now I have published from volume one to volume eight for free. And I hope to continue to do so even now. It has really been an exciting work for me to narrate you the story of our main character who fights her way to the bottom of abyss with her magic and skills and then eventually storms in the outside world.

Keeping the text error free takes a lot of revisions and consumes time, but no work is ever perfect. With your support and reviews I know that I have improved a lot in my writing.

You can support my writing by reviewing my book on the platform you are reading.

And even now I am asking for a bit more that if you voluntarily support my writing.

 .

Patreon page Link (read 5 chapters in advance) - https://www.patreon.com/noelelitia

Paypal link - Click Here

Join discord community - https://discord.com/invite/WUGFUxbpbd

 .

I hope that you keep enjoying my work and in knowing the interesting characters which will be constantly introduced to you in the story.

I hope that the next chapter too proves to be to your liking!

Happy Reading Everyone!!!

18