Chapter 1, arc 2
1.9k 7 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Ayyy, I'm finally starting the new ark!

As I ran along the edge of the forest. I felt this feeling of being stared at, I immediately turned around to see a wild beast, probably at rank 1 as it was just a baby, it looked like a wolf cub, then I remember that wolves travel in packs, that was when I felt stares all across me.

Here they come from hiding in the bushes, the whole pack of wolves, around ten of them, two were most probably it’s parents and the rest were just with them, I guess.

That was everything could remember from my boy scout lessons.

Normally one wolf around here was somewhere in the 2-3 ranks but a whole pack of them was a lot stronger, which resulted in them being in the 4-5 depending on the size of the pack. I was thinking of what to do, I can’t touch the wolf cub because I haven’t moved a bit and they also haven’t.

‘What should I do? Got any tips on how to make them sure that I won’t hurt the little guy?’ I asked the freeloader vamp inside my head.

‘Hmm… not sure what to do specifically, but you shouldn’t move as much as a single inch.’ That was what she told me.

‘Well duh, I know that much about wolves.’ I told the freeloader inside my head.

‘Well sorry I couldn’t help.’ the vamp said childishly.

‘Yeah, you are not helping.’ I told her.

‘Okay now be careful I feel people nearby. I’m not going to talk to you because I’m the most wanted demon in the human countries, so even if I say something just look like you’re thinking about something, and it should be good.’ The vamp told me and then went into the silent mode.

When she told me that humans are approaching, I felt saved and also uneasy.

‘What if they find out that I’m a demon now? What would happen?’ I had to ask.

‘Well, I demonized you in such a way that no normal human could tell, but normally if people find out that there is a demon in a human only country, or town they immediately hunt him/her down, and then execute them.’ She spoke.

‘Okay… how did you demonize me though?’ I asked again.

‘Oh, that’s easy I demonized the only thing people don’t check or even look at, it’s your aura, you give off a demonic aura right now very weak though even then still demonic, but normal people won’t even notice it and only skilled people can identify it. By the adventurer guild terms, only C ranks or higher should be able to discern you, but even then, it goes down to skill if they can recognize the demon aura, for example a rank C could identify you but an A could not. Why? Because their sensory skills are good at sensing the aura or something else, whatever they are specialized. Okay they are near you so I’m going to be shut for a while. Bye…’

She said this and then shut up. Then I felt the people near me, of course I tensed up a little bit, because I’m a demon now, well the vamp said that, low strength demons are known as demonians, so yeah, I’m a demonian then.

Then I saw a little light land down on the ground before me, I realized it was a fire arrow, then about ten more of the arrows landed on the ground, it was an evening and it was getting dark, so it looked like a star just fell from the sky.

‘So beautiful.’

 As the wolves saw this, they all ran away and the wolf cub ran with them.

“Are you okay miss?” someone asked me.

“Y… Yes” I said.

“Good, what are you doing here in this forest, and this late in the evening?” he asked me.

“Why do I have to tell you?” I asked him back.

“Well then would you like to come to our village for the night then?”

“Okay.” I told him, since I had nowhere to go anyways.

And as the other people of the hunting party, as they called it, took me to the village. The village was a little ways deeper into the woods, when we got out I saw about 14 houses, and one a little bit bigger in the middle.

‘Must be their village elder, or the leader.’ I thought.

“Could you wait here a second. I need to talk to some people to allow you into the village.” He told me.

“Okay.” I told him.

As he went over for the people, he said he needed to talk to, I looked around the village, inside the tree ring that it was, it looked beautiful.

“I got the needed ‘okays’, you can come in the village” he said.

So, me and the rest of the hunters entered the village, lots of people gathered around, because I’m most probably the first other person to enter their village, so I just kind of awkwardly stood there.

The village elder, came over to me and spoke.

“Welcome to our village, how can we help you, young miss?” he spoke to me. I still couldn’t get used to be called miss, because no one except that doctor never spoke to me like that.

“I… I would… I would like to stay for the night, is it possible?” I asked him.

“Sure! If you want you can stay here longer, we rarely get guests here after all, but just out of curiosity, where will you be traveling?” he spoke cheerily and asked me.

“As far away as I possibly fucking can.” I answered in an angry tone.

“Ah. Um. Sorry. I shouldn’t have said it like that, I want to travel to a city the further away from here as possible.” I told him.

“No, no, no, you are in no shape to travel now, you should just relax here and then travel after relaxing here.” He told me.

Well, he is right, I’m in no shape to travel now after all.

“Okay, then let me take you up on that offer then.” I told him.

“Okay, deal.” He answered we both shook hands and the deal was sealed.

Finally, I can relax a bit now.

43