Chapter 2, arc 2
1.6k 15 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I'm bad at creating names okay?!

As I took and then sealed that offer, the villagers around me got excited, and some smaller kids were looking at me, so I just waved at them and they quickly hid behind their parents so I just smiled to them. (Got to say this is a precious moment.)

“Now, now let’s throw a festival for our first ever visitor!” the elder shouted, looks like they really never had any visitors here.

And as he said they threw a little party of sorts for their first guest, which is me, there was just a big fire and some food, not the most grand or big, but hey this was my first ever party so I had to accept their hospitality.

As the sun had already set, I went to sleep in a guest room that was prepared for me, well it was just a simple room with a bed and a little table, but hey it was way better than what I had, because this room was actually warm! As I undressed to go sleep, I put down my sword, which was a little bit beaten up, but still usable to go against one or two sacred beasts of rank 2.

And like that I went to sleep.

The next morning as I woke up after finally getting enough sleep, I felt weirdly more energized than ever.

‘Is this the effect of getting enough sleep?’ I thought to myself.

Anyways I dressed up and went outside, it was still pretty cold in the morning, but as I had used to cold temperatures it didn’t bother me anyway. (No movie line intended).

So, I just asked the village elder.

“Is there a river anywhere nearby?” I said as I looked around, yep there were no wells around which meant they got water from somewhere else.

“Ah there is one that way, but I do warn you that it’s really cold nowadays since the snow spirit moved into that mountain.” He told me.

‘A snow spirit, huh.’ I thought.

‘Pretty interesting, I would love to check it out myself, but I’m not strong enough if I had to fight.’

“Okay, thank you.” I thanked the elder of the village. And went on my ways towards the river.

As I arrived near the river, I touched the water, it really was cold, around the same coldness I had to bathe in, so not really that cold as I was used to it. So, of course, I undressed and went into the river, it felt good as I was alone by myself and no one could harm me here.

I was finally for the first time ever, relaxed. In the time during my stay in the river, I asked the freeloader vamp.

‘Oy, you here or not?’

‘Hmm… Wah… Yesh what do you want?’ she answered in a sleepy voice.

‘Don’t tell me you were actually fucking sleeping in my head.’ I chided her.

‘Well, yes what else do I had to do, since there were too many humans for me to function properly.’

‘Wait, don’t tell me you’re bad with people?’

‘With people, yes. With demons, no.’ she told me.

‘Wow never thought that a vampire, which is feared by the society, is so bad at interacting with humans.’ I laughed at her.

‘Well, anyways that was not what I wanted to ask you.’

‘So, what is it?’ she asked me.

‘First tell me about yourself, because I don’t know shit about you, for starters what is your name? You never really told it.’ I asked the vamp inside my head.

‘Okay let me reintroduce myself.’

‘I’m Nox Daemonium, the murderer of humans, I’m one of the great ten progenitors of the vampire race, the tenth rank of the ten, my rank being ten, because I didn’t convert much people into vampires during my days which earned me my rank, but don’t get confused I’m most probably the strongest out of them.’

‘Well, I was, but during the great war, everyone of the vampire race were killed, and then they hunted me down, but even then, I didn’t go down without a fight before they could take me down with their numbers, I managed to thin them out from ten thousand to a measly four thousand and five hundred, before they striked me down.’ She told me.

‘Wow. Okay now Nox, I wanted to ask you, can you teach me how to use my mana, because I can feel that I have it, but I was never thought how to use it though.’ I asked Nox.

‘Oh that, well come here into your mind so I can teach you. Because I really can’t do it any other way.’ She told me.

‘But how do I do it?’ I asked her again.

‘Well how do I say it, you have to focus on your mind, and you should be able to do it.’ She explained to me.

‘Oh, okay, but before then I have to go back to the village.’

‘Okay then see you later.’ Nox said in sleepy tone again.

After our little discussion I got out of the river dressed up again, grabbed my sword, and went back to the village.

As I got back, I saw the same hunting party training with their bows, so I went to check, on how they were doing.

“What are you doing?” I asked the leader of their hunting group.

“Oh, we are just training with our bows, to keep our accuracy in check.” He told me.

“Then do you mind if I take a shot also?” I asked the leader for permission.

“Yeah sure, go ahead.” He gave me a bow and three arrows.

I just took them and went towards the little shooting range that they had made.

“Oh, look guys the lady from yesterday is going to take a shot!” one of them shouted. Oh, great now they are going to stare at me how I shoot, huh.

“Okay, here I go.” I simply said.

As I said that, I took a step back, then positioned myself sideways, drew the bow, aimed and then shot.

The arrow was in the air for about two to three seconds before hitting the wooden target in the bullseye. ‘Wow.’ I thought.

“Look the miss is not bad with the bow!” someone shouted.

“Wow, how did you hit it in the bullseye?” they asked.

“Well, I just. As I aimed the bow, I didn’t aim the arrow, I looked at how the arrow is going to land and just adjusted my bow angle accordingly.” I told them.

Well, that isn’t the whole truth, because I won’t tell them.

“Wow, I never have thought that it takes such science to shoot a bow correctly.” The leader of hunting group said.

I was shocked, how do they hunt for themselves if they can’t even hit a bullseye on a steady target!

“Well, I thank you that I got to remember how to shoot a bow again, now if you would excuse me.” I skipped through them. Until I found a big tree, I climbed it up, and when I was finally high enough, I started to meditate, so that I could get in my mind and start mana training.

I finally got through into my mind.

‘Ah, you’re here, welcome to your mind, not the most hospitable place of all places, but still, this is everything I have to offer you in your own domain.’ Nox welcomed me.

‘Well then let’s get you up to date with everything mana related, so just sit back relax and enjoy me babbling about magic related stuff for five hours.’ Nox told me.

‘Okay, let’s get started.’ And she started her lecture about magic.

38