Chapter 3, arc 2
1.5k 11 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Okay, let’s get started.’

And she started her lecture about magic.

‘Okay let me get you up to date how magic and mana works.

Mana is the essential part of magic, now there is one human in a hundred who has mana, but for demons it’s one in fifty, mana normally has four basic elements, fire, earth, water and wind as the basics of the basics, now fire is the strongest offense element, while wind is the best support element, earth comes second in offense and is better for defense, whilst water is the only element that has a healing use.

Next, you can combine elements to make stronger variations of spells, or you can cancel out each other, it works like this.

Fire gets canceled out by water, earth by water, water by wind and wind by earth, of course if the fire user is stronger than the one with water then the fire can get through the cancelation.

Then there are combinations such as, wind and fire, water and wind, and there are other combinations but they come from the more complex elements.

Now the complex elements. There are, dark, light, ice, these are original elements themselves.

Combustion for fire, tempest for wind, torrent for water, soil for earth.

Mixed ones are more complex elements because you can do more with them and you can separate two different elements from, tempest, combustion, and torrent if you are skilled enough.

If you can divide them you will get, combustion, fire and wind, tempest, wind and water, torrent water and wind, the soil element doesn’t have two different elements it just evolved, now tempest, combustion and torrent all have water, tempest creates a big wind tunnel with some water to make it into a storm, combustion just fuels the fire with wind, torrent shoots out water and guides it with wind.

You heard that almost every single one complex element is made with the wind, so do not underestimate when I said that the wind is the best support element.

There is also the non-elemental mana, but I don’t know much about it so you will have to find that one out on your own.

And I think this is as much as I know about mana, also our time here will end shortly so just take your time to digest this information until next time.’ She finally stopped.

‘Thanks for finally stopping, one more sentence about magic and I’m going to overheat.’ I told her.

‘Well, until next time.’ She said goodbye to me as I disappeared from this place.

And I went back to the village.

Then I saw the elder and the hunter leader discussing something.

“What is going on?” I asked them.

“Oh, miss, one of our hunters saw a wolf pack near our village, and we don’t know what to do.” He told me.

“Please stop with the miss, my name is Rosette no last name.” I told them a fake name, and I cast away my last name forever.

(And Rosette isn’t based on Cosette from “Takt op, destiny.” It was just a coincidence that I realized later, and I won’t be changing it.)

“Oh, okay miss Rosette, my name is Bernard.” The village elder introduced himself.

“Anyways what do you plan on doing with the wolves?” I asked them.

“We will most likely move into another place until the wolves disappear.” He told me, this absurd solution.

“Okay, now what if I tell you that we can fight back those wolves?” I told them.

“What? You can do this? If you really can then we beg of you to please help us!” he asked almost on his knees.

“Okay, okay, I know I can do this but I will need your cooperation on this matter, what do you think about it?” I turned to the leader of the hunting group.

“I think it’s the same wolves that attacked you yesterday.” He told me his opinion.

“Hmm… I’m about to say something a little bit ridiculous so bear with it. What if we can beat the wolves?” I told them.

“Ok how do we do it?” the leader of the hunting group asked.

“Oy wait a bit Haruda! How are we going to beat the whole pack with her help!?” Bernard asked the leader of the hunting group whose name is apparently Haruda.

“Don’t you see the sword she carries? I can tell that she at least knows how to swing it, and plus she knew what to do with those wolves when we rescued her, if not with our help, even then she could’ve escaped from them.” He told Bernard this.

‘Okay, I couldn’t escape.’ I thought.

“Okay, you can tell us your plan.” He told me given up.

“So basically, we do this, we arm everyone in this village with bows, those who can shoot I mean. Train them for at least three days, during that time make a lot of arrows, and then when we will go fighting. I will bring wolves into a valley of sorts, or somewhere where it’s easy to shoot with a bow, then as I will bring them in you will shoot them down.”  

“You don’t have to worry about me, I have my means of fighting.” I told them as I tapped on my sword in the scabbard.

“Are you crazy! Fighting those wolves is hard, with the bows there is no problem the people will fight, but you will have an extremely hard time!” both of them shouted at me.

“I know, I know, in the meantime of the three days, I will get stronger myself. So, you have got no need to worry about me.” I reassured them.

“Okay then.” Bernard said. As he nodded his head for Haruda.

“EVERYONE GET HERE!!!” he suddenly shouted.

“Ow fuck” I silently cursed.

“Huh. You said something?” Bernard asked.

“Ah no I said nothing.” I answered.

As everyone finally gathered here. Both Bernard and Haruda told me to go in front of them and explain.

This was the first time ever I had to do this kind of stuff, so I was really nervous.

“Everyone, there is a pack of wolves near this village, but do not fear as we already have a plan on how to deal with them, but to do that we need your cooperation, we plan to shoot down the wolves with volleys of arrows. So, we plan on making everyone who can still shoot a bow learn how to do it, and we will commence this plan in three days. That’s it!” I told the audience, and went back to Bernard and Haruda.

Everyone was silent, until I heard one voice.

“I will go with you, I want to protect this village, in which was I born!” then after that lots of other voices started adding in also.

“Yeah, I’m in” and so on.

“So here is your batch of participants for the bow training, go train them.” I told Haruda.

“Okay everyone, calm down and let me explain the training regimen.” He started to organize everything.

“You should make him the next elder, because he seems to have the qualities needed.” I told Bernard.

“Yeah, that’s what I’m planning.” He told me that after this he is planning to announce that he will be the next leader of the village.

“Here I organized them, to train by themselves. So, what are you going to do? Miss demon.” He told me and Bernard this quietly.

I immediately put my hand on the handle of the sword, and was getting ready to slash his head off.

“What?” Bernard was just shocked that I was a demon.

“Do you still want to live?” I asked both Haruda and Bernard angrily at the same time.

“Now, now no need to be so hasty, miss I just wanted to confirm my doubts, because I could sense something off about you the first time we met. Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone.” Haruda told me.

“Wait, miss Rosette, you are a demon?” Bernard quietly asked me.

“I’m a demon, but I don’t want to do anything with you guys, it was just a pure coincidence that you saw me with those dogs.” I told them.

“Okay we will believe you but we ask you to leave the village as fast as possible.” Bernard asked me.

“Don’t worry I was already planning to do that, but I will need a map and someone to transport me to the farthest place you can.” I told them my needs.

“Okay I can transport you, as for the map we don’t know if we have one.” Haruda told me.

“Okay now then excuse me, I am going to train.” I told them and then disappeared from their sight.

Would you need a special chapter about magic? (Trust me it get's more complicated than this.)
  • Yes. Votes: 19 38.8%
  • No. Votes: 30 61.2%
Total voters: 49
34