Chapter 5 arc 2
1.1k 11 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Edited 03/02

 

Thank you @Ambly for pointing out the mistakes.

“So let us go through the plan again before going out. In that valley we will put archers on the edges, with twenty people being on each side, then Haruda and his group are going to prepare the boulders to do some extra damage for the pack, after the boulders get down there, first ten people from both sides shoots then as the first ten people are reloading the second groups of ten shoot a second volley and keep rinsing and repeating, and you Haruda, are going to drop the boulders down when I draw my sword, understood?” I went through the plan again with Haruda’s group and the elder.

“Hmm… You certainly put up a good plan, but I wonder what are you going to do?” he asked me.

“I specifically asked everyone to take five arrows with them, so after they finish shooting, I can go in and finish off any left wolves, plus your group will be on lookout for other dangerous animals in the meantime.” I explained to Haruda.

“Okay, I can understand you longing for blood, but why do we have to look out for other animals though?” he asked again, I was getting pissed off at him.

“Let me ask you how many times have you changed places from things like this?” I asked them.

“Hmm… Maybe about two other times.” Bernard answered.

“How many times have you fought back?” I asked again.

“Only one time during the second moving.” Now Haruda answered.

“And don’t tell me you lost because of something random?” I had to ask.

“We lost because the animals had a larger group than we anticipated.” Haruda answered my doubts.

“And this is why you lost it, because you never knew that during a battle anything can happen. From more animals than thought, to a fucking bear appearing.” I almost shouted at their foolishness.

“This time you are not going to lose, and next time this happens, plan out way ahead of time, count in even the impossible, because even the impossible can happen during a battle.” I told them.

“Okay ma’am Rosette!” Haruda shouted.

“Calm down I’m not your commander or anything.” I said to him.

“Okay let’s go fight those things.” I told them.

So just like that the elder Bernard was left with all the kids here, and also some of the parents who didn’t fight also were left here.

And we traveled into the valley, the archers got into their positions, Haruda and his team also, I repeated the plan again just in case, and went on to find those wolves, and I found the little guy again.

“Well, hello there little one.” I said to the little wolf cub.

And as you would guess it, the same stuff happened again as the last time, the whole pack came out with me being in the middle this time.

‘Tch, smart bastards.’

“So, this time I’m not getting out of here huh?” I asked no one in particular.

I picked up a nearby rock.

“But you’re not the only ones who got better, assholes.” I said that as I threw the rock at one of the wolves and enhanced my legs.

As soon as the rock hit its head, I jumped over the wolves that were behind me and started running towards the valley where our ambush was.

I ran and when I ran into it, I was pretty far ahead of the wolves, so I had to wait for the right moment to draw my sword.

I waited, waited for about two to three seconds as the middle of the wolf pack was in the start of the target I drew my sword, then I saw four boulders around the size of a human. Just rolling down to where the wolves were, then after the boulders, that was when a whole lot of arrows rained down onto what was left over of the wolves.

How do I say it? It was beautiful, as the arrows rained down, and landed into the wolves’ bodies, it had a hidden charm.

As I stood there dazed, one wolf decided to attack me while I was still dazed by the sight of the wolf massacre.

I immediately saw that wolf, and readied myself to fight it, I said that wolves are normally rank 2, only in groups that they reach rank 4.

As it jumped on me, I stepped to the side, and then stabbed it where the heart, immediately killing him.

After that wolf was killed and the arrow rain stopped there were still five wolves left, and they all ran at me.

I jumped to the side to avoid the first three wolves, as the fourth jumped at me, I grabbed my sword tighter and swiped through its front legs cutting both of them in the process, then the fifth wolf jumped at me, I did the same but this time I managed to cut one of its front legs, then I went after those three wolves, I killed the first wolf, then injured the second, but the third one was a little bit more difficult than the others, he managed to harm me, well just scratch me but still, not much. After I killed that wolf, I finished off the rest of the injured wolves.

The valley was dyed in red from the blood of the dead wolves, it looked beautiful.

I sent some mana towards where the wolf managed to injure me and healed the scratch.

Then everyone got down from where they were, and collected the wolf bodies, they say that the fur costs good money. Oh, I’m sure looking forward to that.

After we got back to the village, the villagers threw a big party to celebrate their hunt. Apparently, there were thirty -six of those wolves, but the first time I saw only ten of them? Well, anyways I got to meet with the elder and Haruda now.

“So, how’s the stuff I requested?” I asked them.

“Well, for the transport we have no problems, but we don’t have any maps inside the village, we are sorry for that, please spare our lives.” Bernard spoke.

“You don’t have to worry about your lives, because today I saw something beautiful.” I reassured them that I won’t be taking their lives, this village is going to be a good spot to train, I thought, since one day I will definitely become the Demon lord.

“Now then, don’t you have an announcement to make Bernard?” I asked him.

“Ah yes, Harudo you need to come with me.” He told Harudo.

And we went to the middle of the party. And Bernard nodded again toward Harudo, now I knew that I had to protect my ears.

“EVERYONE LISTEN TO THE CHIEF, HE IS GOING TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!” Haruda shouted loudly.

As everyone finally calmed down Bernard started to speak.

“Everyone I have an announcement that I will be choosing the next village chief, and now I have a chosen a perfect candidate for the next chief, this man just fought in the battle against the wolves and did splendidly with miss Rosette’s help in planning and then executing everything perfectly, this man is the leader of the hunting group, Harudo!” he announced.

As he announced I decided to do something better, I took his hand and when Bernard announced his name, I raised it to the air.

This gave the last one little push they needed, and everyone started to cheer.

“Go they want to meet their new chief.” I pushed him towards the people, and they started to swarm around him, congratulating him for his promotion.

“I’m going to sleep now since tomorrow is my departure, I want to get as much sleep as possible.” I told Bernard.

“Ah, I see you’re not a sociable person, well demon.” He spoke.

“Well, just don’t call out to every single demon in sight, because they will probably murder you whole.” I warned him.

“Thank you for your help to the village, we will never forget it.” He spoke.

“You better not because, one day I’m going to come back and claim my reward.” I told him, and then went to the guest room, well today was at least fun. I thought.

30