Chapter 16 arc 2
525 14 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
My imagination might not be so bad after all.

 

That's it.

 

Yeet~

As I was walking on the road towards Lebruta, suddenly a wave of heat rushed through me.

‘Yo, what the fuck was that?!’ I asked Nox.

‘That was something resonating with you, something strong, I don’t know what or who though. We should check it out.’ She suggested.

‘Oh yay, how many distractions are there until I will reach the god damn city!?’ I asked.

‘Hmm… I don’t know, maybe ten or nothing more and this is the last one? I don’t know.’ She just said.

‘Why should I go there then?’ I asked deliberately.

‘Who knows? Maybe there is very weapon which is resonating with your strength meaning it found its rightful owner, or person powerful enough to resonate with you and ask for help? Really, who knows? But you shouldn’t be disappointed by what you will find there.’ She told me the benefits.

‘Anyways, if I go there, I should find something that is worth the time?’ I asked to be sure.

‘In short, yes.’

‘Ah, okay, where should I go then?’ I asked.

‘The strongest signal I felt was coming from left.’ She said, hinting towards the left side of the road even deeper into the forest, so I just started going there.

After walking for about ten minutes, I found this sort of ruin looking building made of stone, well more like a cave if anything.

‘You say the thing is there?’ I said looking at the entrance of the cave/ruin thing, whatever you call it.

‘By the looks of things, yes.’ Mother spoke.

‘Welp, then I’m coming in.’ I just said and went inside.

I walked inside, on the walls of the caves there were lots scribbles. (Yes, this is a pun.) They were unreadable though, so, I had no idea what they said. There were some paintings also, which were representing a demon with horns, well your normal traditional mythology demon holding a sword, the painting seemed very old.

‘If there is a sword here then I’m definitely stealing it.’ I said.

‘Now, now, good kids don’t steal, they borrow for a very long time and don’t give it back as an end result. Remember that.’ Nox corrected.

‘Yes, yes, I will borrow it for a very long time and won’t give it back.’ I corrected myself.

‘Good, girl.’

‘Oy, I’m not a little kid you know!’ I shouted back.

‘No need to shout, Lily…’ She spoke in a low voice.

‘Anyways, I’m getting that weapon.’ I just retorted back and went on with my search for the weapon.

After walking even further for another four minutes, I saw some bags lying on the ground. After checking it I found out.

‘It’s fairly new, maybe it’s been a week or two since it’s sitting here, better get ready for some fighting then.’ I said as I unsheathed my beat-up sword.

‘Looks like it couldn’t withstand the ice mana.’

‘Well of course it couldn’t, do you know how much in terms of power you outclass the sword?’ Nox asked me.

‘No?’

‘It’s almost one thousand to ten, you know. Anyways go look for the sword or whatever.’ She told me the numbers like it’s nothing.

‘You mean I outclass this sword that much!?’ I asked.

‘Yes, just like I expect of my daughter who is the next demon lord.’ She spoke proudly.

Yeah, anyways I ignored that and went further inside.

After walking good ways further inside, just how big is this place? As I walked inside a big room, I found lots of corpses, most probably of people who walked inside and tried to claim this thing inside, there was a fairly fresh one, probably the owner of the bag I found previously.

By this thing, I mean a big clump of dark purple flesh that looks like a heart of something and is emanating a very ominous looking fog around it.

‘HEY NOX WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING?!’ I asked obviously creeped out by the thing.

‘GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE THAT THING IS TRYING TO POSSESS YOU!’ she shouted back at me.

So, as any sane individual would do, I started to fucking run for my life. But as I reached the opening from where I just entered my body stopped, well more accurately my body couldn’t move.

‘Fuck, it possessed you. This is a type of possession that leaves the one who is possessed conscious, so, get ready for all sorts of bullshit to happen. I’m sorry I couldn’t stop it.’

‘Well, not that it’s your fault of not being capable.’ I tried to comfort her, but failed miserably.

‘I’m the one who said that you should check it out, and then failed to protect you from this trash of a technique for possession.’ She was practically sobbing inside my mind.

‘CALM THE FUCK DOWN, WILL YOU? Anyways what happened, already happened, you better talk about what we can do, and can’t do, rather than being depressed over fucking nothing.’ I told her to shut up.

‘So, first of all things, what is that?’ I asked.

‘That ‘thing’ you call, is actually a primordial devil’s heart, the primordial of all demons, vampire primordials like myself are nothing compared to her, she was so strong back in the day, but one day she just vanished and vampire primordials took over the strongest place, and yes you heard right she was the only one devil and lots of vampire primordials.’ She just made this moment into a fucking history lesson, wow.

‘I can’t fucking believe you, if you could feel your sister then why didn’t you say so. Then I would’ve ran the other way all day. Anyway, what is it trying to do?’

‘She is trying to merge with you in order to preserve the true devil race, I will give you another history lesson about the whole world until now, if you survive that is, because her power is no joke.’ She just said what?

‘Wait. Are you telling me I will have to go through the same shit that happened to me when your blood was injected?!’ I had to ask this.

‘Most probably yes, but this time it will be worse because when I turned you into a demon you had already destroyed your heart, but this time you will feel your heart getting replaced, and I mean the normal way you would replace a heart.’ She said fucking what?

‘Oh, fuck.’ I said, as the thing, well now I know that it’s a heart, started to move my body towards it.

After arriving near it, it started floating towards me.

‘Oh, fucking hell.’ I thought as it entered and I felt the pain bursting through.

It’s not the best feeling.

18