Chapter 1 arc 3 Start!
525 25 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A bit late due to circumstances but still managed to upload.

Have fun with the new arc!

 

Yeet~

I took out the map and asked both of them.

‘Where do they approximately live?’

‘Near the lake, duh. But to be more serious, they should live somewhere near plains, because they love fighting in open spaces where you can’t set traps.’ The warhead otherwise known as Nox told me.

‘What about you Lythia?’ I asked her.

‘You already have my knowledge, once I give you my strength I will disappear.’ She told me.

‘What about you Nox? Will you stay?’ I asked.

‘I already gave you everything and I am still here.’ She reassured me.

‘Then what’s the difference between you two?’ I asked both of them.

‘The difference is that Nox is with you because you are bound to her with blood, and I’m just a spirit, I’m bound to disappear one day, in this instance once you get my full powers.’ Lythia explained.

‘Okay… Where do they live though?’

‘I think around the plains also.’ She seconded Nox’s answer.

‘Okay, to the west then.’ I said and stood up.

 

As I was flying through the sky, I asked them about the recent thing in the god realm.

‘Yeah, by the way, what was with that god realm? Care to elaborate?’ I told them to spill the beans.

‘Can’t you just use the knowledge inside your head from Lythia!?’ Nox couldn’t hold it in and asked.

‘That’s the problem that I can’t!’ I countered her question.

‘It’s literally the same as remembering some old memories.’

‘And that’s the part that I can’t do! Because when I try to use some of the knowledge, I instantly remember the torture and the faces of every single innocent kid that I killed, including the one during the escape day!’ I told her.

‘You don’t have to carry that burden you know, we are here, you can cry your heart out.’ Nox told me.

‘And that is the second problem! I can’t cry, no matter what I did to those kids! I physically can’t cry!’

 

*POV-Nox*

I thought I have seen everything, but I never had seen an individual so broken before. She kills people like it’s nothing, but she can’t bear the guilt of those kids she says she killed. Truly what a weird and broken daughter do I have.

‘And that is the second problem! I can’t cry, no matter what I did to those kids! I physically can’t cry!’ she said.

‘Then, you can just tell us what happened to you, if you will feel any better.’

And she told us what had happened to her throughout her life.

 

*POV-MC*

‘Then, you can just tell us what happened to you, if you will feel any better.’ Nox told me.

And I told them what happened to me throughout my life. How I went through his “training” and various other activities that “helped” me become the person that I am now.

‘And that’s how I ended up here trying to become the next Demon lord.’

‘Do you feel any better now?’ Nox asked me.

‘No, I do fucking not. Everything is still the same, though I calmed down at least.’

‘Then tell me about the god realm, or whatever it was.’

‘Sure, the god realm is literally what it sounds like, that’s where the gods live. The only power they have is to send heroes to this world with their blessings.’ Lythia answered my question.

‘So, by saying they will kill me they meant that they will send down a hero to do the job for them?’ I realized.

‘Yes.’

‘Is there some way for me to recognize who is the hero?’

‘You see the mark of the Demon lord on your arm?’

‘Yes, I do.’

‘It’s the mark of the Demon lord, the hero should have a similar mark, but different color and on the other arm. Plus, when you are near the hero the marks should resonate with each other. So, you should feel the hero near you.’ She gave me a detailed rundown of the stuff.

‘But what is so special about this mark?’ I asked again.

‘It’s the proof that you are near the evolution towards the Demon lord.’

‘So, that means that there is more stuff that I need in order to become the Demon lord, right?’

‘Yes.’

And with the information that I got from Lythia, I landed because I got tired of flying, so I decided to walk for a bit.

 

After landing I decided to check the map, and I’m glad I checked. Because there was a lake nearby! Which meant I could take a dive there. Although on the map it didn’t look big, I was sure that the map is just making it look small.

So, as I arrived by the lake, I was surprised at the scenery. The lake had a nice edge that seemed to merge with the water, almost like at the sea I saw back in the old life. It sure looked nice with all the trees around it.

Anyways, as I decided to dive in, I took off my clothes, once I took them off, I noticed the mark of the Demon lord. It really is shining black and dark purple I could swear it wasn’t shining like that the first time.

After wondering for a second about the mark, I decided to just leave it at that and just dive. Once I dove into the cold water, I felt refreshed, it’s as if you didn’t get enough sleep, and suddenly you wake up with a cold splash of water on your face.

‘I really should sleep more, my bad habits are coming back from the old life.’ I thought to myself.

‘You were like that in your past life also?’ Nox asked.

‘Yeah, kind of, I just liked staying up and it got into me to stay up late as an instinct of sorts.’ I explained.

‘You really should take better care of yourself. I would take care of you, but I don’t have a body right now so I can’t do that right now.’ She told me.

‘Yeah, if we are going by that topic, how would I be able to bring you back?’ I asked in hopes of getting her back into this world.

‘Hmm… you would need a skilled magician by your side, and just make a homunculus body, then the magician takes your mana and plants it inside the homunculus, but beware that you will be unconscious for a very long time.’

‘But is it possible?’ I asked to make things simple.

‘Yes.’

‘Okay, once I achieve my goals, I will bring you back.’

 

 

*POV-Theresa* (Someone new, no need to go back and check if you missed anything.)

 

‘There will come a cursed Devil, who will seek alliance with you, should you comply, she will bring prosperity, should you deny, you shall fall, it is up to you to decide.’

“Aahh!” I shouted as I woke up in the middle of the night.

My thoughts went through my head as I suddenly got another vision.

“There is a cursed Devil coming here? Should you comply, she will bring you prosperity, should you not you shall fall?” I whispered to myself.

“Theresa are you alright?” A woman came in.

“Yeah, I’m alright mother.” I assured her.

“Are you sure? You screamed.” She spoke in a nervous tone.

“Don’t worry, although I need to meet father, because I got another vision, but this time it will require his decision.” I told mother.

“Okay, I will go now to wake him up.”

After a bit of time, me, my father, and the most essential people for our clan were assembled inside the conference room. More like a room with a table along the sides.

“So, Theresa, what news do you have?” father asked.

“I suddenly got a vision.” I started.

“Another vision! That makes it two this month! Please don’t be bad news.” Talks were going through the council members.

“SHUT UP. Let her continue.” My father told them to lower their voices.

“And this vision tells me that there is a cursed Devil coming here to seek alliance, should we comply, she will bring prosperity, should we not, we shall fall. That’s it.”

“A Devil is coming to seek alliance? Should we really take the alliance for our clan?”

“EVERONE SHUT UP! I will make the decision through a normal duel with the Devil himself, as to our old fighter tradition!” my father took the decision.

“But! Should you anger him he will make our clan fall!” at that moment they started a heated discussion about whether should they comply or not.

“Um… the Devil is actually a girl not a man. So be careful.” I added the last bit of information and left. They of course didn’t hear it.

14