Chapter 2 arc 3
437 19 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
@Ambly, you better get ready to throw your phone against the wall, or some shit. Cuz my wording is T.R.A.S.H.

 

And I do apologize for being weird.

 

Yeet~

At the time when they were having the discussion at night.

 

*POV-???* (These are two people, for the ones that are confused.)

 

 

“Should we really do this?” One hooded figure asked another.

“It says, as per masters order it is stated that anyone who seeks touch with the beastmen clans, must be annihilated.” Another one replied.

“But I heard them say that our target is a Devil!” he tried to slide out of the job.

“As much as it scares us, we have to do this as per the current Demon lord’s orders.” The other one replied.

“Okay then let’s do this the first thing in the morning.” He still tried to wing it.

“No, we are killing it now!”

And the two hooded figures went for the Devil.

 

*POV-MC*

As those two hooded figures were heading here, I didn’t have any clue.

I was just peacefully swimming in the lake under the moonlight.

Suddenly I felt a presence somewhere around the lake, more like I just heard leaves shuffle, mind you there was no wind. I decided it was time to end my swimming activities early. As I walked out of the water, I felt two stares fall onto me, one was scanning me up and down as you would evaluate a danger level, and the other was just staring at my chest.

I didn’t need to be a genius to know that the other one is a man.

“What business so you have with me?” I told them to stop hiding.

“There is no need to hide yourselves, you can’t do a good job even with that.” I told them to even stop trying.

“We are here to stop you from coming into contact with the beastmen!” one of them actually answered.

“And why am I not allowed there?”

“Because they pose a threat too big to the current Demon lord!” I was a heartbeat away from facepalming myself, as the one who gave me this information was actually dumb.

“Oy, shut up idiot, don’t give out secrets that only the sun clan can know!” the other one started to lecture the other.

“No, need. I know enough to kill you.” I said whilst gathering water mana into my hands, since I was near a lake, I will exploit the magic properties of needing catalyst.

“No, you don’t!” one of them shouted, whilst throwing a spear materialized of light element. It went past my heart because I dodged it. After dodging it, the spear exploded into ice particles.

‘One of them creates the spear, and the other coats it in light mana. Be careful because if one of them can create a spear out of ice, that means their mana control must be incredible!’ Lythia deduced the info for me.

‘Yeah, I know about the control. But coating something made from ice?’ I answered.

I thought of a plan on how to beat them. For now, all I could do is just fend off their attacks.

‘One is creating spears from ice, the other is using light to harm me, what to do? Think think think THINK!’ I was almost lost on what to do.

‘I don’t know their individual strength, and how much mana they have!’

‘Wait, I can assess everything.’ I was practically facepalming myself inside my mind at how stupid I can be at times.

Anyways, I turned on my ‘Magical’ eyes and figured how dangerous they are.

The one that was creating the spears from ice had a gigantic amount of mana, whilst the one throwing had pretty normal amount of mana.

The ice one was generally weaker than me but had good control over his mana to make a spear good enough for use, whilst the one with small light mana seemed strong, plus as a side note, she is carrying a sword.

After knowing their strength, I formed a scuffed plan.

I use ice mana armor, and try to get closer to them trying to get the ice one killed. And I will force the one with light mana to enter close combat, and lead her onto the lake, to finish her off with some secret spells lying around.

‘Yeah, seems like a plausible plan.’ I thought.

‘If I want to kill myself that is.’ I added.

Anyways I started to act, I used my ice mana armor for extra protection and started running towards the man who was using ice. After seeing that I was starting to go into the offensive, they started to go faster also.

I was running towards them whilst they were throwing those spears at me, I saw that the light girl is going to run out of mana soon, I needed to get closer even faster before she switches to melee fighting style.

I enhanced my legs to not waste time anymore and went towards them even faster. After getting near them I ducked and soon a sword slashed through where my head was. It looked like the light girl switched to melee fast.

After ducking, I rolled left towards the side of the ice guy and kicked him in the head for an easy kill, but it seems he had some reaction speed, because he guarded himself against the kick, but my kick was enhanced by mana so, he got knocked out instead.

“You really are brave Devil, running into me barehanded!” she tried to trigger me.

“Oh, but I’m not unarmed.” I said whilst summoning my sword into my left hand. I’m not left-handed but the sword always appears in the left hand, because the mark is there.

“Wha-” She started to talk but I cut her off with my attack.

After summoning my sword, I immediately did an upper diagonal slash, from left towards right, I know these are not the fanciest of techniques, but it’s all I know, that’s why this girl here is strong, because she knows how to use her sword fully.

She dodged it pretty easily, so I decided to set my plan in motion.

I went onto the lake. Yes, you heard/read that right, onto the lake, because I froze it whilst walking. (Yes, she acquired frost walker boots.) (A reference from MINECRAFT if you don’t know.)

I froze only the very surface of it for my own reasons.

“Come onto the lake, I know you don’t have enough mana. No need to bluff.” I baited her.

And she took the bait.

But, have to say she is really aggressive, after stepping onto the ice, she started running towards me, she readied her sword to thrust towards my chest.

I started to ready myself for a dodge, but the last minute I realized that she lied about her move, the last minute she converted her thrust into a slash, and an uncomfortable, one got to say. She swiped from right to left not from left to right, really uncomfortable.

After I threw a COUNTER, I readied myself for the last part of the plan.

You see all this time whilst dodging her attacks on ice, I was readying one big spell. To describe it the best, it’s a mana explosion.

After she finally ended her combo, I went into the action, I broke the ice around her where she stood, and manipulated water to form a tall wall between her and me, then I trapped her inside a water box and dispelled my wall between her and me, I froze the box with ice mana into a big ice cube, and decided to ask.

‘What would happen if I put every single bit of mana into my sword?’

‘That is a recipe for a disaster!’ Nox responded.

(And yes, she was fighting naked, for those who are interested. Hehe boi.)

14