Chapter 7 arc 3
364 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Yes, just simply yes.

Yes.

 

Yeet~

As we were walking towards the lake, I asked Theresa.

“Could you tell me more about the history of Beastkin kingdom?”

“Sure. Hmm… where should I start?” she agreed.

“How about the current overlord?” I suggested.

“When the overlord overtook the throne, from what I’ve been told she is one of the three royals who are the strongest from their respective race, and with her strength she took over the rule and killed the king, and then those who disagreed with her either fled here or were killed by her. That’s everything I’ve been told.” She surmised me the history of the kingdom.

“Then can you tell me more about the mark of royalty, as you call it.”

“Oh, they are the proof of royalty as you said, but there is a legend, that if one individual gathers all three marks of royalty he will evolve into a full Demon lord, the three marks are: the strength, the control and the beauty. You currently carry the mark of strength, which makes you a threat to the other mark bearers as you are the strongest, the mark of control can forcefully give out orders to others of the demon race, but cannot control other mark bearers and the mark of beauty just makes you more beautiful, I guess? There isn’t really much documentation about it.” She gave me this information.

“How do I obtain the other marks? Do I just kill them?” I asked again.

“Yes.” She replied.

“Okay, now my objective is clear.” I mumbled to myself.

“Did you say something?” Theresa asked me.

“Hmm, no I didn’t.” I lied.

 

*POV-Rosemary*

After organizing everything, it took me two weeks to arrive near their refuge where the third mark bearer resides.

“Remember, kill everyone, leave no one alive, not even children, all of them are traitors.” I told my elite squad of fifty demons who are directly under my command.

“And I will be going towards the lake where the mark bearer is.” I finished giving orders and went towards the lake.

 

*POV-MC*

As I was talking with Theresa, I suddenly felt something coming from the forest, something big. (By big, I mean power, as big in power.)

“Theresa, stop here, we have someone coming here.” I told her to stop.

“What?” Theresa stopped a bit startled by my sudden reaction.

“We have someone big coming here, run back and tell Rotsgard to get ready for battle!” I told her what to do.

“O-Okay.” And she ran off into the distance.

After she disappeared from my sight, I spoke.

“You can come out now.”

“You really are worthy of bearing the mark at least, but are you worthy of getting the second one!” A woman came out from the woods, to be more precise, a fox woman with a crown on her head and a similar curse on her face, like mine was on my arm.

“What do you want?” I asked her.

“I want that mark your left arm, what else am I here for.” She spoke in an almost seducing tone.

‘Thank you past me for being the biggest virgin!’ Otherwise I would’ve been on the ground by now.

“Huh, that didn’t work? But it works even on women.” She mumbled to herself, but I heard that.

“Don’t even try that, it won’t work on me anyway, if you want to take the mark, you will have to beat me first.”

‘Looks like the second mark of royalty is here and it’s power is seduction?’

Since her plan didn’t work on me, I decided to take the initiative to start a fight.

I jumped towards her and swung down with my sword in my left hand, making her jump back.

“How do you dare to attack me!?” She shouted at me.

“Simply, I need that mark.” I answered her.

She didn’t answer, but instead she started using another power of that mark.

“Oh, could you please hand over your head for me? Pretty please?” She spoke in a completely different manner than before. At first, she was talking in a seductive voice, but now she was talking in a cute voice, which obviously didn’t suit her. Imagine a fully THICC woman talking in a cute voice, almost like a kid. Don’t get me wrong, I like cute women, but this one here, belonged to the THICCNES department, so yeah, nope.

“You fully know yourself that this won’t work, right?” I asked her.

“Yes, although it doesn’t hurt to try.” She answered.

Whilst she was doing her acting, I was secretly charging up mana inside my sword, bit by bit so she doesn’t notice, and I succeeded.

I unleashed the mana unto my target, taking her by surprise. The mana wasn’t something fancy like my dark and light situation, just full-on dark mana, the strongest type.

“Wha-?” she was cut off by my attack.

The mana wrapped around her like a snake and swallowed her whole. After the mana died down, I didn’t see any remains of her body, the fox kin was nowhere to be seen.

Just after I checked where she was, I felt something coming down. I immediately jumped back and evaded whatever that was. After getting a look at what that was, I was shocked. It was a big tree branch.

‘Most probably a trap set by her.’ I thought

‘Be careful, fox kin are known for their trap setting skills, unlike Rotsgard, she will most likely use her traps.’ Nox supplied me with information as usual.

After being informed, I looked around with my special eyes for any magical traps, and boy were there lots of them. The branch was just one of many traps set by her, and even then, these were the ones that I could see with my eyes.

‘This is going to be fun.’ I thought.

‘Yes, she did set a lot of traps.” Nox replied.

After that brief conversation the traps activated all at once.

Once they set off, trees started exploding and their branches falling again, so I had to use some evasive maneuvers.

Whilst I was evading the falling trees and their branches, I tripped over something, making it go off, and somehow a log dropped on me, if not for me being on high alert already, I would’ve died at least three times.

‘Where is she?’ I thought, because I needed that mark of royalty.

‘Wait! Rotsgard and the others!’ I thought the moment I noticed her disappearance, because I told Theresa to leave and warn others.

12