Chapter 26 Arc 3
180 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello hello. It's me, not someone else.

This chapter was done in a little less than an hour, yet I feel like it's my best written chapter so far...

 

 

Yeet~~~

After wandering the palace for at least five minutes without any luck of returning to the original room where Lily was staying together with Levicia. Rotsgard decided to give up and chose a random room to his right.

After setting her down onto the bed, being unconscious for the xth time, he closed the door and left the room leaving Levicia to stay inside.


After those two days had finally passed, Lily woke up.


‘Uh… This feels like absolute shit…’ I woke up with a slight headache,my body felt heavy and sluggish.

“Mommy! You finally woke up!” Levicia hugged me with force.

“Yah, I wohe upf.” For some reason I couldn’t talk normally. After a second, I got the biggest urge to throw up.

As if on cue, others entered the room also.

Only to witness me rolling out of the bed, falling on my stomach then getting on my knees and throwing up blood all over the floor.

“Are you alright?!” Yasse along with Rasse panicked.

“Don’t get closer!” I yelled to them and both of them froze in place.

“Get me my bag and throw it over. And do it FAST!” I issued a command to them.

I slowly stood up whilst covering my face with one hand.

“You guys should leave too just in case.”

“Me too?” Levicia asked being completely oblivious to the fact that my face was bloody from my blood, because I fell into it face-first also.

“Yeah, you too sweetheart.” I smiled to her.

Once they left the room, Eldur, or whatever his name was, stayed.

“You don’t look very good right now.” He said in his philosophical tone.

“Grrgh, stop it. You know I can barely hold myself together right now, don’t you?” I clutched my head, blocking out my vision to not see anything.

“It hurts, doesn’t it?” He asked with a smile.

“Oh fuck you. As if you would know. The hardest thing you had to do was probably get those old bones moving.”

“Don’t worry, I’m here to stop you if you were to go out of control again.” He continued to stare.

“Again? How do you know if I was out of control before?” I tried forcing myself to hold it together for as much as possible.

“I can see it through the way you handled the situation. Not every vampire can hold themselves together this good, I guess this is what I can expect from a child of hers…” He spoke with a distant look on his face.

Soon enough Rasse busted down the door and threw the bag to me. I immediately released my head and looked at the bag and caught it.

“!” Rasse looked at me with a shocked expression.

It must’ve been because I was barely holding myself from the thirst of blood, my eyes had to be bloodshot red and I managed to bite my lip during this fit.

I searched the bag and finally found the red balls, I threw in three at once and just swallowed them whole.

“Phew, now I feel better.” I sighed after the stressful event.

“Oop.” Eldur caught me, as I was about to collapse after the sudden relief, and placed me on the bed.

“Thansk.” My tongue felt stiff and I could barely talk normally.

I fell asleep shortly.


After waking up from an extraterrestrial nap, I wondered who I was for a second.

“That was a good nap.” I mumbled.

I saw a sleeping angel next to me. In other words, Levicia, who most likely made her way next to me and fell asleep.

After a moment she stirred awake.

“Mmmh-?” She looked at me half asleep.

“You can still sleep.” I whispered to her and gently pulled the blanket up.

‘She really thinks of me as her mother. And there I was almost five years ago wondering what kind of hell my life will be.’

‘I guess I’ll go take care of the official matters now.’

I looked through the window and it seemed bright enough.

‘The sun must be rising.’

I found my way to the office where, through a gap in the door I saw Rotsgard drinking wine with Eldur on the floor, in the morning out of all things. They were laughing over some things when suddenly the atmosphere calmed down and they continued.

“Before we had taken control of the country and were just a small rebellion squad. I thought I was the strongest and could take care of the overlord. Heh, who would’ve known that there was a girl that is probably twice as younger than me, but has the power to level out a whole darn country if she wanted to. If there’s ever a war going on, I’ll make sure to be on her alliance side. Anyway, coming back on the topic, looks like the overlord had a powerful item on her that Lily was after. If I had killed the overlord, I would’ve become her target and when I think of that. It makes chills go down my spine, like, who wouldn’t be scared of woman that is twice as less your age and can kick your ass whilst making fun of you? Probably everyone.”

“Sorry for going on a rant, I felt like I needed to share this.” He apologized.

“Meeeh, it’s good. This actually reminded me of my lover I had. She too could level darn countries if she wanted to. She had beaten the shit out of me countless times whenever we had a spar. We wanted kids if possible. But because of that CURSED infertility curse inflicted on her, she couldn’t become pregnant. Once we realized the truth both of us became sad of course. BUT those news, had a different effect on her. She became depressed and closed herself. And after years of solitude, she ascended to Godhood and I never saw her again. Now we have Lily here, who has the same, or at least very similar divine energy and the way she acts, reminds me of her even more. Ah, and yes, you can probably guess that my lover is Nyx the one who Lily borrowed the power from.” Eldur spoke carefree with a slight tinge of sadness in his voice.

‘So that’s why… I never thought that she was his wife. Even then, after that brief moment I didn’t receive any other information other than her name, and her position. She should have at least one shrine, right? Maybe I can get answers there.’

My musings were brought to an end and I knocked on the door.

“Wakey wakey alcoholics, I come with work for this bastard.” I pointed at Rotsgard.

“What morning?” Eldur furred his brows and looked outside through the window.

“It’s night dumbass.” He told me.

“Eh? But it’s perfectly bright to me, like a day.” I told them.

“You slept through the whole day after that little event, and now woke up in the night AND you can see in the night perfectly. Would you mind sharing the reason to that?”

“How that hell would I know?”

“You really don’t?”

“Nope?” I replied unsure of how should I react.

“Let me repeat. You sleep through the day and wake up in the night, whilst also being able to see perfectly in the dark. What are you?”

“I’m a vampire?” I asked unsure of my answer.

“Well, duh. Yes.”

“Anyways… What’s the work?” Rotsgard asked whilst being drunk as fuck.

*Sigh* I sighed.

“It can wait until the day. For now though… I don’t know, wanna continue drinking?” Eldur offered to me.

“Sure, lemme in too.”

And so, the drinks continued on in the night before the moonlight that was shining through the window, now with Lily in their ranks, enjoying quality time.

8