Chapter 28 Arc 3 End
257 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Update 2023 1 2  I forgot to say that this chapter marks the end of Arc 3!! Next Arc is coming soon...

 

Looks like I'm alive!!!

Basically laziness is my excuse.  \(^-^)/

 

Yeet~~~

When I woke up, I felt the repercussions of drinking.

“Oh fuck.” I whispered as to not wake up Levicia.

“Mmmhm.” She stirred awake anyway.

“Good morning sweetie.” With every word my head rang like a bell.

“Morning…” She was still half asleep.

After a moment or two Rasse barged into the room. She then proceeded to open up the curtains whilst shouting.

“Sun’s up! Time to shine!”

“The fuck am I supposed to do? Photosynthesis?”

“What’s that???” She questioned with a puzzled look.

I didn’t pay any attention to her question.

“Ready the bath for me, I feel like shit right now.”

“The new king and Eldur are using it currently. Wanna join them?” She asked me with an amused look.

“Hell no. Once they’re gone, then I’ll be going.”


Finally it was my turn, and currently I was trying to wash Levicia’s hair.

“Come on. Sit still you little bloodsucker!” Even though she looked like a calm girl, she was quite mischievous unlike her first impression.

“Hehe.” She laughed.

After a couple minutes of struggling, I managed to finish. Currently she offered to wash my hair. As much as I was surprised by it, I accepted because I didn’t feel like I would be able to do it myself.

“Mommy, you have so much hair…”

“Yeah, I do because only cut it occasionally.” As of now it would be able to reach all the way up to my ass if I remembered right.

Like this, she started.


Just as she was done halfway, the one known as Rasse or the annoying one, barged into the bath.

“Oh, you’re here.”

When she saw Levicia washing my hair and me sitting on the floor, she smiled and came over.

“Want a hand?” She offered.

“Please do.”

Just like that, the both of them started washing my hair together.


When all of us were done, we left the bath dressed in new clothes. Except Rasse, who was in a fresh uniform.

“I must return to my duties now, have a good time you two.”

“You too!” Levicia waved back to her.

We made our way to the office where both of us saw Rotsgard wailing on the sofa, whilst Eldur was checking through his paperwork.

“Someone seems awfully full of life.” I spoke with a raised eyebrow.

“Don’t you dare raise your white eyebrows against me.” Rotsgard’s wail reached my vampire ears.

“Exactly, you have no right to judge us. Especially when you yourself can barely stand straight.” Eldur added.

“I won’t fight this time, as I have no energy for that. Once I feel better, I’m going straight to the Demon kingdom and ripping it out of his hands.”

“You sure are lively. Who are you taking with yourself?”

“As much as I would love to leave her here. I don’t think she will agree on staying.” I smiled slightly.

“We can ask though.” Rotsgard gave a suggestion.

‘As if I hadn’t thought of this.’

“Little missy there. Liliana here, is going to go to somewhere really dangerous. Could you stay here with us, she doesn’t want you to get hurt.”

“Mommy is going somewhere dangerous?”

“So it seems.”

“No! I don’t want mommy to leave me, or get hurt also!” She hugged me tightly.

“Don’t worry. I will be done with it before you can think about it.” I smiled warmly at her.

“If you promise me to return… Then I can stay here.”

‘She’s definitely smart. Understanding that I’m marching into enemy territory.’

“I promise to. When I’m done, I will send a letter to this place under the name Rosette. Just wait for it.”

“Eldur, write that down so we can remember.” Rotsgard instructed him.

“Sure.”

“Okay then, I would like for you to prepare me a carriage and some funds for traveling to the capital. As I can feel that I will have to pay an entering fee. For food though, I will kill anyone that catches my fancy.”

“You really are a dangerous woman. You know that?” Eldur pointed out.

“What about Levicia? Will she need blood also?”

“Yes, whilst blood is needed to her diet, she can go without it for way longer than me.”

“Why’s that?”

“It’s because, unlike me. She is not of pure blood and she is a kid. Whereas me, I’m pureblood, or at least the purest in this world as of now, and I’m an adult.”

“Just give her blood once a week or so. A really easy indicator to a vampire’s hunger is their eyes. Our eyes have two colors. The one you see right now and when hungry they turn red, if the color starts to change, that’s when you know a vampire is thirsting for blood.” I added.

“That’s a lot of difficult information, but I understood it.” Rotsgard sat up.

“Thanks for the information. I shall make arrangements of departure for tomorrow. Right?”

“Yes. We will be going to the garden now. Good luck with that mountain of paperwork.” I smiled and opened the door.

“I heard that the doorknob that’s leading the Demon kingdom is a bullshit excuse for a leader. You will have even more paperwork than us combined.”

“I feel the dread that’s coming. But I have to be ready.”


When we arrived at the garden, I went towards the little lake that was there with a tree, and sat down in the shade. There was a smaller forest near the end of it, but the forest was split in half by the castle wall.

“What are we going to do here?” Levicia turned her head to the lake

“Nothing really, I just wanted to come here and relax. I might as well take a nap here.” I lied down on the grass and closed my eyes.


*POV – a bandit that’s hidden behind the trees*

When I finally made my way over the wall, I sent the signal to others. After a couple minutes everyone was gathered.

“We will be infiltrating the castle now. It’s unguarded at the moment but there are powerful people inside. Be careful guys.” The leader spoke.

“Boss! I can see two figures near that lake.” Our scout delivered news.

“Are they male or female?”

“Sorry, I couldn’t make it out.”

“Hey! Let me have some fun with them. If they are women, I’ll kill them after I rape them, if they’re men, I’ll just kill them painfully.” A man, that wore a fully black coat, spoke up.

“Shut up Joseph. Just because we hired you as a mercenary doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want.”

“Anyway, let’s go now, slowly. I can see that the figures are unaware. Let’s catch them off guard and take as hostages.”

The plan commenced.


As I was napping away peacefully in the shade, Levicia woke me up.

“Mommy, there are people coming this way.”

“MmWhatt?” I was still sleepy.

“There are people coming here.” She repeated.

I sat up and looked around and saw a group of six going at the opposite side of the lake. I used mana to enhance my vision, which was one of my tricks I learned from a book about mana documentation in the castle.

“Those are bandits.” I thought out loud.

‘There’s one that’s looks stronger than the rest.’

“Levicia, you either stay here, or go back to the castle as this is not going to look nice.”

“Okay.” She ran over to the garden and then disappeared.

I stood up, walked over to the lake and stared at the water for a second.

‘Let’s do this.’

I stepped onto the water and it froze below my feet.

‘Looks like I didn’t forget this trick.’

I made my way to the bandits that watched me approach in shock.

“What do you want here? The castle is under control by the new king’s forces. There is nothing a bandit would want.”

“Why would I answer you? I won’t be answering anything. Get her boys.”

As such, three men were walking over to me, I was still on the lake though. Just a moment later I felt the ice breaking away, as if the mana flow from me to the water surface was cut off. I had to step on the ground as fast as possible, I did so in a flash and decapitated two of the three men. Blood was spraying out from their headless necks.

“Wha-?”

As I was turning to decapitate the third man, he pulled out a gun. It wasn’t anywhere near as modern as today’s guns, but it was pretty darn lethal and I wasn’t thinking of finding out if my mana armor can stop the bullets.

“Wait a damn minute. Is that a gun?” It was a flintlock, though I was still dumbfounded, as far as I was aware this world didn’t have any guns.

“You must also be involved in shady deals also? Not everyone knows about guns, let alone buys them.”

“Yeah, scrap that.”

‘I must kill him right now, otherwise he will shoot me.’ I wasn’t at the level of dodging bullets. I kicked off to the side, jumped near him and was readying my sword to take his hand that was holding the gun. As I swung upwards to take it, he drew his arm back, but couldn’t do it fast enough resulting in him losing half of his palm.

“Fuck, it hurts!” As he said those words he quickly fired.

At first I didn’t feel anything, since I couldn’t feel anything right now, I made use of it and quickly killed off everyone here with one simple move.

“Go to hell!” I filled my sword with dark mana, the explosive kind, and stabbed it into ground. A loud roar ensued and a black sphere devoured every bandit here. I looked around only to see their gear, I tossed my sword to the side and took of my jacket and then the shirt. The bullet wound was bleeding severely, I still couldn’t feel any pain yet though. Said wound was in my left shoulder. After feeling around it for a bullet, I found the piece of lead stuck in my body. I tried grabbing it with my fingers but they kept slipping due to all the blood. I crawled over to the lake and washed my hand along with the wound to wash off the blood and tried again. After trying for a minute or two I finally got it and looked at it.

‘It isn’t that different from the ones used in around 17th century. Yet I couldn’t feel any pain from it…’

“Oh wait, it’s still bleeding.” I tore off the sleeve of my shirt and made a makeshift bandage. Put on the shirt along with the jacket and walked over to the gun.

“I’ll be keeping this to myself.” There was a pack with gunpowder and bullets on the ground near his black coat. I started making my way to the castle.


When I reached the end of the garden, I saw Levicia hurrying over with Eldur behind her.

“Mom!” She saw me and jumped over to hug me, but after seeing all the blood on my shoulder she stopped.

“What happened?” He asked me with a serious tone.

“I vaporized some dumbasses and got hurt in the process. Anyway, get the guards to take the belongings or something.”

“I see you’re alright.”

“Okay, I’m going to get some sleep, don’t disturb me.”

As such, I made my way to the room and lied down on the bed and slept like dead.

5