Chapter 1 Arc 4
199 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hewooo!!  I hope you forgive me for the wait, I had been writing and deleting this chapter so damn much, I can't count all the tries.

Also, imagine getting scammed... I didn't get scammed, the scammer failed :D  A bad guy got into my pc, decided to steal data and threaten me for money. He failed too, cuz he sucks at his own profession. The past week was fun... 

 

Yeet~~~

Once I woke up, my head was feeling a lot better than yesterday. Almost as if I never drank anything, which was simply not true. I was talking to Eldur right now.

“I guess that’s it. I’ll be going now.”

I turned to Levicia.

“I’ll come pick you up as soon as I’m done with my duty. For now, keep listening to the old woman behind you and if a dangerous situation arises, you have to listen to your dumb uncle.” I hugged her.

“…Okay.” She hugged me tighter.

When we were done, I entered the carriage and sat down on the cushioned seat. After me, three more women entered also. Two of them were seasoned warriors that Rotsgard trusts, and last one was a maid, since I was going to the Demon kingdom under the guise of being a noble. Me having my man-eating sword was better proof of me belonging there. Because that was a declined house that belonged to the second Demon lord and I was the sign of his will.

To keep it short, some geezers will be happy to see me. All I got to do is be above everyone. They signaled to the demon coachman and we started going. Once the carriage left the castle gates, I saw lots of curious gazes peeking out from the streets.

“Ugh…” I started feeling slightly dizzy, so I covered my face with my palm.

‘Motion sickness will be the end of me’


After two hours of traveling the coachman opened his wooden board used for quick communication.

“There’s a good flat space to stop by for quick break. As for the nearest city it will take another two hours to reach.”

Since I was wearing some black dress that was really pretty but made me unable to fight, I had to make appropriate judgement. My gear however, was with my luggage.

“If the spot is good, then stop.” I was starting to feel sore because I wasn’t moving.

When we stopped, he opened the door and let us out.

“Please be careful and don’t trip, Miss Liliana. Whilst we do have other dresses, this one suits you the most and it would be a shame if it got ruined.” The maid helped me get out of the carriage.

“I know, I know. It’ll get really ruined when I kill someone though.”

“Please don’t.”

Our coachman was setting up a campfire to make some tea for all of us, I thought if I should accept, and I did.

“Ladies, be careful it’s a bit hot.” He held out a mug made of metal to me. I picked it up and sipped it lightly.

“That’s a little refreshing.” I sighed.

The two fighters and the maid looked at me as if I was disabled.

“What?”
“How are you able to drink that, let alone hold it? Isn’t it hot?” My maid asked me.

“I can’t feel any pain since I was twelve or thirteen and temperature changes since I was… sixteen, I think?” I looked down at the mug and wondered for a bit.

“Since you were twelve and sixteen? Then, if I may, how old are you right now, my lady?”

“Sure? I am twenty-two as of now. What about it?” They all seemed to be really taken aback with my words.

‘I am seeking revenge for around twelve years after all.’

“I was fairly convinced that my lady was eighteen, since my lady looks so young. I am sorry if I caused you any discomfort.”

“So she was older than us.”

“Yeah, and I thought we were guarding someone younger.” The twin fighters were whispering to each other.

“I can hear you.”

A second later our demon coachman gave the other girls a mug each and we all sat down to drink tea in nature.


Once we were done relaxing, all of us got back inside and continued our journey towards the first city. After which, we will have to go meet some geezers and make a plan. When that’s done, I’ll be going to kill the current doorknob of a Demon Lord.

“Ladies we’re here.” I got woken up from my daze.

We were still waiting in a line to get inside the city. Five minutes later, we got near the guards and I heard the long-awaited line.

“Pay the entering fee of three silvers.”

‘Wait, it’s a different currency?’

After paying, we got inside the city and I looked outside the carriage window to see how the city was like. To my surprise it was brimming with life, the streets were full of demons and deals were being made. We were in a busy street as of now.

“Who governs this city?” I asked no one in particular.

“If I am not mistaken, it’s governed by a merchant of noble blood. Lary Gouse is his name, he is said to prioritize profit, efficiency, talent and trust over everything else.” My maid by the name of Elize, answered.

“Quite the interesting guy… Denis, go over to the mansion, I want to take a look at this guy.” I told our coachman.

“My lady! We cannot simply just barge into his home like that! We will definitely be refused entry.”

“Don’t worry Elize, brute force is also a thing.” I smiled to her, the smile in question was full of anticipation for action.

“I won’t stop you.” She sighed after seeing my expression.


When we arrived by the gate, we were greeted with a.

“Who are you, state your purpose of visit!”

“We are here to visit the owner of this house.” Denis stated calmly, without getting scared.

“Oh really? Then who is this guest?” One of the guards flung open the doors, only to be greeted with a sword coming for his face.

*Clung* Was all you could hear before he flew away from the side of the carriage.

“Tell your master that the new Demon Queen has arrived!” I announced.

“Is he even alive?” Elize asked, whilst glancing at my ominous sword.

“He is, I used the flat side after all. See? There’s no blood at all.”


Less than five minutes later, we got a word from the second guard that we can go. When I stepped out of the carriage, I was greeted with at least twenty guards that had their swords at the ready, there was one short man in the middle of them.

“You are Lary, I presume?”

“Yes, and you are the Demon Queen, I assume?” He answered with a voice full of wariness.

“Oh that I am. This is quite the way to greet someone, don’t you think?” I spoke slowly, saying each word with a tone that indicated. ‘I am ready to fight.’ As such, I slowly and as dramatically as possible, summoned my sword.

“Put away your weapons boys. Looks like we have someone difficult here.”

“I’m not difficult to deal with, it’s just that not everyone takes me seriously.”

“I think it’s hard to take a woman of your caliber, not seriously. This is no place to talk, let’s move inside.”

With his word, everyone put away their weapons, I unsummoned my sword in an instant, and were walking through a hall, that wasn’t decorated. Sure, there were his family portraits, but it didn’t seem like this guy loved using money for personal comfort.

We arrived near a room that had two big white doors that were elaborately accentuated with gold lining.

“Right here, we shall have the discussion.” He opened the doors and revealed a big room with two seats that had a table between them. It seemed straight like from a royal castle. Once we were seated, he turned to his guys that were still present.

“Get Philip down here, there’s some urgent business and get out of here.”

“Yes!” They vanished from the room, soon after them, a guy with glasses on his nose entered the room. He seemed to be an accountant of sorts.

“Now that this guy’s here, why don’t we start with introductions first?” He suggested.

“I am Lary Gouse, a merchant of noble blood. I govern this place for the last twenty years. Pleasure to meet you, ladies.” Lary introduced himself first.

“I am Philip Dagros, Lary’s accountant and his right hand. Heya.” He spoke in a nonchalant tone as if we were all equals.

“Please do forgive my servant, he is like this all the time.” Lary apologetically bowed his head.

“There’s no need. Guess I’ll start first.” I stood up from the sofa.

“I am Lilliana Daemonium. Pleasure to meet you.” I sat down elegantly.

“I am Elize, Miss Lilliana’s personal maid.” Elize that stood behind me spoke up.

“We are the twin beastfighters! Ama and Rana! Nice to meetcha!” Those two spoke up cheerfully without a care in the world.

“I do apologize for those two idiots…” I covered my face with my hand, as if to hide my disappointment.

“There’s no need, everyone is blessed or cursed with unruly servants from time to time.” He spoke with slight joy of not being alone.

“Okay, going back to the topic at hand. Why did you wish to meet me? I’m pretty sure that there are more influential nobles that would love your contact.” He got straight to the point

“Simply put, I want to strike a deal with you. I know that you are hiding funds from the current Demon Lord. Don’t ask how I know that. What I want, is your cooperation in taking control of the royal sector.”

“What do you mean ‘take control of the royal sector’ and importantly, what’s in this for me?”

“Taking control of the royal sector would be something like this. Whilst I establish myself, I want you to send me some men to keep control in the capital. I say this before you ask. I won’t kill, torture or in any way hurt others, unless they are guilty of a crime and it depends on the severance of said crime. As for you, I can fulfil anything that’s within my power and doesn’t go against my moral code.”

‘Not like I have one.’ I thought with a wry smile.

“I see… Why me then?”

“Because I heard that you value, profit, efficiency, trust and talent. At first, I didn’t think it would be possible to find such a perfect demon. Yet here you are, I ascertained it with my own eyes that have seen more death than life. Also, a good friend of mine seems like you would be of some use.”

“Okay… I will think about it.” He spoke whilst in deep thought.

At this moment, I remembered something I had almost forgotten.

“Wait a moment, Elize go grab the two letters along with the list of recipients.”

“As you say.” She left.

“What is the meaning of this?” Philip asked.

“Just wait for her.”


When Elize got back to the room, she was carrying three letters. I took one of them and examined it closely.

“Aha, Lary Gouse is here. Give him the second letter, the other geezers can cry. He’s enough for this.”

With my command, Elize gave said letter to Philip who in turn passed it to Lary. When he opened it and examined its contents his eyes went wide.

“Miss Lilliana. No. My Queen, I accept your kind offer!” He kneeled down onto one knee as if I was his ruler. Which I will be soon.

“I am delighted to see you comply. I would like your assistance in the next three days after you gather the soldiers.”

“Yes, your highness. I’ll have one of my maids show you the way to the guest room.” Then he rang a bell with a symbol of a star on it. Couple seconds later, a maid appeared and took us to the said room.

“What’s in that letter?” I heard Philip ask.

‘Now that he says it, I wonder what’s written there?’


*POV-Philip*

 

“What’s in that letter to make you so happy?” I looked at him curiously.

“Take a look yourself. We have no choice but to accept, otherwise the same might happen to this city. He did write that she is as cold-blooded as she can be.”

I picked up the letter and started reading.

 

Heya Goose, this is Rotsgard.

 

You may not believe it, but I succeeded in winning over the kingdom!

Lilliana Daemonium, the one that gave you this letter, maybe, she is on her way to take over the Demon kingdom. She may not look like it, but she was the one who killed the beast overlord and took back our capital, now all there’s left is dirty work…

In all cases, help her as much as possible. She is a woman of her word, and if she ever said she’s going to kill you, running won’t help.

In all seriousness, be careful with her, she kills everyone and everything in her way.

 

P.S. For reference, she is the first Demon Queen to have beaten a hero seeking her life.

Your friend, Rotsgard. Good luck ya sucker.

 

“The first one to have beaten a hero of all things. I wouldn’t believe it if this wasn’t Rotsgard writing. Honestly, what did we get into…”

“Indeed, but on the bright side of things, I got her to promise me a wish.” Lary smiled as if he made a deal with the Devil.

‘He kind of did.’ I kept this thought to myself.

5