Chapter 24 – The Warm Bath
300 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is heaven!

Alright, we vampires were probably created by the demons of hell. I was also not sure if we would have a chance to go to heaven later. But at least it was heaven for me.

After months of only being able to take cold showers every few days, Enduring the bone-chilling cold, and sleeping on the hard ground—I felt like a Lady again!

The citrus essential oil scent was sweet and soothing. I also added some rosebuds to my hot tub. I got it from the nice lady in this village. I couldn't taste the sweet and sour taste of oranges but my nose could enjoy them.

Being a harvester for the Jaguar troops was not a bad thing. I could occasionally release tension by being alone. Like this time. We were already in Taverin, one of the states we would take from Rasputin.

I occasionally have to leave the base to harvest the blood from the humans. We couldn't just rely on blood rations from the logistics team. Because our team decided to drink human blood every day. I visited small villages, met the humans who worked hard to support Florence's victory. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to harvest the blood of the men there. I dress like a male knight. They would ask me a lot.

But I heard that the archery army will also be arriving soon. I could meet Kyle. Even if I had to drink human blood—I could drink from him.

Taverin was heating up, because Duke Winston—his ruler had passed away. His heirs were divided in two between siding with Florence and Rasputin. Taverin, a state that makes petroleum its main business commodity—decided to resolve this by war.

This should be an easy war. Because most Taverin people support Florence now. The only thing preventing them from joining was because their Duke was a supporter of Rasputin. Taverin were also a huge source of funds for them so they were not willing to let it go that easily.

I already know the end result. This was a war that Florence would win. Romeo would be a war hero here. I was lucky that I joined the jaguar squad. This way my name could be raised. I had to be around the generals and they had to respect me enough to listen to my opinion.

I stretched my muscles, buried my shoulders while enjoying the comfort of a hot bath. The villagers were kind enough to give me this facility, because I was good at talking to please them. Maybe I couldn't do this too often because Romeo and the others will be suspicious. I couldn't take too long to harvest blood. However, here was still Rasputin's territory. When a knight was missing for too long— someone will be sent to look for him.

I looked at my hands, now my palms were slightly thickened and have blisters. It was inevitable. I swung my sword every day and hit a tree almost in my spare time.

Romeo wasn't very merciful to me. He was a cold and strict teacher. But thanks to His hard training, I might be able to call myself a skilled swordsman. By using Apollon I could cut down a medium tree with one blow. I didn't expect to be able to bring out Apollon's true power like Romeo yet.

He has been training with Demetria since he was eleven. I've only been holding it for two months. It's too early. Thankfully I was lucky, in my past life I was a knight with tens of thousands of hours of fighting experience. It made me reach my current position faster.

Now I was on par with Damian or Edgar. I killed Shadow yesterday. Romeo let me kill it alone. He tested me. Nobody helps me. Luckily I only had a slight sprain to my ankle. But I managed to kill the Shadows without any difficulty.

"Julian,"

I heard a familiar voice calling out to me. My heart was beating hard. Why was Romeo here?

"Sir Romeo?" I responded calmly. Luckily I was in a closed bathroom in one of the residents' houses. There was only a wooden window with a tight lattice for ventilation. He wouldn't be able to see inside.

"You took too long, what happened?" Romeo asked.

"N—no sir, I'm sorry. I'll be right back to base," I said a little nervously.

I was completely naked right now. But I didn't need to apologize to anyone. I've been working hard all this time and this was my first hot water bath since months! I didn't want to go through it by soaking while wearing thin clothes like usual. After all, this was a closed room.

But hearing Romeo talk to me while I was in the bath—felt awkward.

"Are you done harvesting?"

I glanced at the metal urn that was opposite my eye. I took it inside.

"It's done sir, I'll be right back to base. You can go there first, I'll follow," I said.

"Don't be in a hurry, we'll be back together," I heard Romeo sitting at the door of the bathroom. He always carried Demetria with him, so the voice was quite loud when the sword rubbed against the stone floor below.

"You're weird, I've never seen you take a shower. So you bathe in secret like this? Isn't it troublesome? It's easier to just swim in the River," Romeo criticized.

"Not discreetly sir, the villagers offered me. I mean, I think once in a while it wouldn't hurt. I'm sure it's not too late anyway. You have no reason to look for me, sir," I argued.

"Well, you're not too late, Julian. I'm also a little tired of staying at base. . . the discussion of military strategy in the generals' tent is very boring. I think after the war at Taverin is over I'll go back to my hometown," said Romeo.

"What?" I was surprised.

"Why? I deserve a day off,"

"Not really, sir, but—"

This was not how it should be. It was not the war at Taverin that will make Romeo a war hero. In my old life, once in Taverin— Romeo would independently lead troops to the states bordering Taverin.

He took advantage of Rasputin's negligence who focused too much of their soldiers on Taverin so as to ignore another state, namely Ithadurna. Romeo killed their duke in a silent operation and took control of his castle. Finally Rasputin gave up because they were tired at Taverin and let the defeat.

But now he said he wanted to go home??

Splash!

"You can't do that, sir!" I denied it. I accidentally hit the water in anger.

"You're not the only one who wants to go home and have a hot bath, Julian. there's nothing else we can do anyway. After we won, what else?"

"I think—I think we have another chance for a bigger win—" I hesitated.

"What is it? Do you have a plan?" Romeo sounded interested. Since the information I gave back about Rasputin's secret lab. I knew that he wouldn't underestimate any information I told.

I also explained part of my plan. I mean, it was actually his glorious accomplishment in my old life. But somehow Romeo didn't seem willing to do it this time. But I won't let it. Romeo must seized Ithadurna.

"I didn't really hear your voice Julian so I—" Romeo didn't continue. I never thought that he would open the door and enter this bathroom. I remember that I locked it!

I immediately immersed myself as deep as possible in the tub. Unfortunately the hot water had started to warm up so the steam disappeared. I couldn't do much.

I noticed that his eyes were wide, he seemed stunned for a few seconds before finally averting his gaze.

"I can explain!" I know it's a waste. I was so careless. First Kyle, now Romeo. This time maybe I should go back to Lapella. But if I was honest with all my mysterious experiences that had died and returned to my life four years ago. Would it help Florence win?

"Yes Julian you have to explain. Why are you pretending to be a man?" Instead of being shy or awkward like Kyle used to be. Romeo seems angry and looks at me with cursing eyes.

13