Chapter 27 – The Call For War (2)
256 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Juliet felt that maybe she would never get used to killing humans or vampires. If she was a class one vampire who drank blood straight from human skin—perhaps she wouldn't be this crybaby.

Ever since she had Apollon, she had fought with killing intent. It was different from her previous life. She used an ordinary sword and only tried to hurt her enemy as badly as possible. She was not as strong now. Even though she had her memories of her past life— now she was afraid.

So many things that deviate from the scenario should be. She should never have had a cursed sword. Her relationship with Romeo also only occasionally crossed paths in war or barracks. But now Romeo was her commander and coach. He now also knows that she was a girl.

Supposedly —in the memory of her past life— Romeo conquered Ithadurna after the victory at Taverin. But yesterday he said he wanted to go back to his hometown when he was done in Taverin.

But she also knew that some of her memories were proven. Such as the existence of Rasputin's secret lab—which immediately made Florence's military officials recognize her. As well as the mechanism of Rasputin's flamethrower machine which Kyle destroyed; thanks to her knowledge.

Maybe Juliet would make the wrong decision. Perhaps the course of the war would turn out to be even worse than she used to know. But that wasn't enough to stop her from taking risks.

She hoped Romeo would carefully plan his strategy before attacking Ithadurna. The memories she knew did not explain the exact details of how Romeo would defeat Duke Radcliffe. But that's none of Juliet's business. Romeo was tough, and he always thinks of all his strategies carefully. He was one of the best strategists in the Florence military.

Juliet was now focused on herself. Killed one of the generals she said. She scared Kyle with the plan. General Rasputin consisted of the most powerful people among the vampires. Some of them were also users of cursed weapons. Juliet—who couldn't even beat Romeo yet—of course, logically couldn't fight them.

But she chose to trust her instincts. She remembers the memories of her previous life well. They said that one of the Rasputin generals who was about to join the war had a terrible accident on a cliff. It was a big loss for Rasputin because he couldn't help the war and it ended in their side's defeat.

They said he fell into a deep ravine when he was careless and broke his left hand and some of his ribs. His wounds were heavy enough that he couldn't heal them right away. But he didn't die from it.

If the accident really happened—Juliet would have killed him while he was unconscious. It was an easy and perfect plan. Maybe it was an act of cowardice for some knights. They considered attacking the enemy off guard was a shame.

Juliet didn't feel compelled to defend her honor as a knight. She remembered how badly Rasputin's knights had treated her as prisoners of war. For her victory was everything. Either way. After all, from the very beginning the gods had facilitated her with a second chance at life.

Juliet wasn't going to waste her memory. Besides, a general being injured didn't mean they were completely weak. Juliet would give him a chance to defend himself later.

"You're crazy, Julian! Absolutely crazy!” Kyle gasped as he ran beside her. His arrows were running low. He should have run back to the archers line up to replenish his supply of arrows. But he couldn't let Juliet go alone. The girl says it has to be now, as the accident might have happened.

She had to get to the bottom of the cliff, before the Rasputins found and took care of him. If she succeeds this time, the generals will appreciate her even more and all her words and suggestions would be trusted by them.

"Watch out!" Juliet screamed as a long arm with claws as sharp as a sword hit the ground around them.

Bam!!

His attack made their legs tremble.

The girl was stunned, her eyes widened and fear ran through her body. She had never seen Shadows that big in her past life. She was also sure the chatter of the knights at that time had never discussed the existence of a giant Shadows with rough and ugly black fur almost all over their bodies. Was her interruption in General Rutherford's laboratory changed the scenario of this war?

Rasputin presents their newest engineered monster. He was the ugliest creature Juliet had ever met. His face was like that of a horse with human characteristics. His vampire fangs extended all the way to his chin. His stomach was as big as drinking the whole lake. He was sweating and he was very furry like an animal. His arms are very long like an ape. His nails also gleamed as if they were made of metal.

The skin was very thick. Even though he wasn't wearing any armor—the knights of Florence had a hard time wounding him. He looked like he was made of rubber or wrapped in very thick fat. He was invulnerable and went on a rampage to attack anyone at this time. Including several Rasputins who happened to be nearby.

"We don't have time to fight him, Kyle! We have to go!" Juliet screamed for Kyle to run after her. Yet the Shadows roared loudly. He stretched out his hand quickly.

Juliet was a fast runner. But even those Shadows were able to catch up to her.

"Kyaa!!" Juliet was shocked when she realized that her right leg was caught. Her face was pale, she was very frightened. The Apollon she was carrying slid out of her grip in sweat.

"Julian!" Kyle was now trying to aim the monster's eyes. It was his favorite target. Usually when a silver arrow hits a vampire's eye, they wouldn't be able to defend themselves. Shadows was also a vampire. Kyle's arrows were few, he wasn't going to waste them.

Swoosh!

Stab!

The Monster Shadows roared. He opened his arms and dropped Juliet. The girl was quite agile so she bent her body to protect her neck and head from the impact.

Bruk!

Still it hurts a lot. Maybe she sprained her leg a little. But Juliet wasn't willing to let her guard down. She picked up Apollon again and tried to run away from the monster. Many Vampires and other humans were trying to kill him. Why was he still interested in Juliet? At this time he again chased after Juliet and held out his hand.

She didn't want to repeat her mistake twice. She turned around and mounted a stance with a drawn sword. When the hand again tried to catch her. She jumped up and slashed His arm off like she used to do with the trees in the forest—during her brief training period with Romeo.

The monster roared. Juliet didn't want to waste time. Shadows won't die just by losing a few organs. After all, there were many knights who were ready to face him. At that time Juliet also had just realized something important.

"Kyle! Go back to your squad," she said as he ran by Kyle's side.

"What? I'll accompany you!"

"No! You humans! This is dangerous! Get cover, your arrows are running low. You can't always protect me, Kyle. I don't want to lose friends," Juliet smiled farewell before sprinting back faster leaving Kyle far behind her.

Juliet will finish her plan alone.

8