Chapter 30 – The Illusion
205 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Juliet returned to the barracks of the male soldiers. She was alone and kept walking doubtfully. The place was very quiet and exuded an aura of real gloom. Where is everyone? Why was she alone?

Then Juliet looked at her body. She was no longer wearing her knight uniform. She returned to being a woman, she wore a beautiful dress and makeup typical of a noble princess. She lost her sword, as well as all the rest of her toughness. She couldn't even walk steadily at the moment.

"Whoa... there's a girl,"

"She's beautiful,"

"Hey, lady! Let's get to know each other," one of them chuckled as he tried to reach her.

Faces she didn't recognize suddenly appeared. All were big men and looked at her like hungry wolves.

Juliet turned pale. She was shaking. She recalled her former fear. Why did her father force her to stay in the men's barracks and wear men's clothes? Wasn't he afraid that one day her identity would be exposed and she would be in danger?

Juliet turned and ran while lifting her dress. She wore pretty, graceful shoes—the movement wasn't easy.

She was chased by the men. They want to touch her. They were curious about her. Juliet was crying but there was no one to help her. She didn't have any weapons at the moment. What should she do?

Then suddenly she was caught in a war situation. There were a lot of people screaming and swearing at each other. Swords clashed, blood was spilled, smoke rose. Then a knight in shining armor plunged a spear into her stomach.

Juliet screamed as she watched blood gush from the hole in her stomach. She fell and wallowed in a pool of his own blood. She was afraid. She didn't want to die. This was not the place. This should never have been her destiny.

Juliet wept with deep regret. She cursed his condition. Angry at her parents. How could they allow a woman who was educated to be a perfect noble lady into the battlefield? Do they no longer love her?

Then the surrounding scenery turned dark. There were only stars and the moon for lighting. She was seen sitting cross-legged on the dirty ground while shedding tears. Her gaze was blank. Her expression was full of burden. She held Apollon weakly in her right hand.

"So, little girl, are you going to kill me?" A tall man with sunken eyes watched her. He grew a beard and a thin mustache on his face. He was probably the same age as Juliet's father. He looked calm and comfortable even though his horse was dead and he was also badly injured. He wears a knight uniform of Rasputin which was dominated by black and gold. There was a red crest with a serpent with fangs coiled around his arm.

Juliet found him in the cliff and was about to kill him.

He was Lord Leonard Gunther—one of Rasputin's generals. One of the strongest men in the world even though his appearance now didn't show it.

Her memory was correct. He had a terrible accident while trying to reach Taverin. He would continue to stay in the abyss until the Rasputins found him. Now he was in a semi-paralyzed condition due to broken bones and ribs. But Juliet couldn't touch him at all.

"Why would a woman disguise herself as a man and come here alone? Then dare to challenge me, who is a General? I must know a lot about you, little girl," the man chuckled.

"How did you find me in this abyss? is this just a coincidence, or—" Leonard looked thoughtful, scratching his chin in confusion. Then the man smiled at her.

He then looked back at Juliet's eyes, which now looked less focused. Cold sweat ran down the back of her neck. That person was helpless. His heart was within reach. Juliet should be able to kill him immediately and bring His corpses to Florence'.

But Gunther's toughness did match his general title. When Juliet was about to attack him—they stared at each other. And Gunther took possession of her soul with ease.

Pure-blooded vampires, known to be able manipulate one's mind. Usually it was only done to their human victims through bites. But Gunther was one of the few vampires who could control the thoughts of his fellow vampires just by looking into their eyes.

Juliet was trapped. Even though she wanted to stab Apollon so badly into his heart—her hands and feet no longer seemed to belong to her. Gunther also activated her fear and worry that had been hidden deep in her mind.

"Don't want to answer that huh? Unfortunately I can't read minds. Rasputin's troops have probably noticed I'm missing and will soon be looking for me . . I'll take you to Rasputin's headquarters and we'll have some fun, little girl. I will force you to speak. I want to know all your secrets," Gunther chuckled.

"Th—before that happens. I'll—kill you," Juliet had a look of determination in her eyes. Even though she was shaking a little, she was able to clench her fists and drew her sword again.

"Hahaha, you want to kill a helpless crippled old man like me? Is it because you're a woman that you don't feel the need to look down on your pride? Is killing a general so important to your career even if it's not in a fair fight?" Leonard Gunther piqued Juliet's conscience.

She was also pure blood. Gunther was a great master of mind manipulation but he couldn't control her forever. Juliet didn't want to be easily influenced. For her now victory was everything. It didn't matter even though it may feel cowardly and inhumane.

"Oh, you're really going to kill me? Interesting..We'll see if you can smile at everyone and proudly say you defeated the injured General?” Gunther smirked. By that time Juliet had gathered her resolve, Gunther's hypnotic effect had worn off and she stumbled forward holding her sword high.

"You talk too much for someone who is about to die, sir Gunther!" Juliet said.

Jleb!

When Juliet swung Apollon—a sharp sword-like ice crystal pierced her shoulder. She choked. A burning stinging sensation from the coldness of the Ice tormented her. Gunther grinned at her.

"You're too close..even if I can't move to stab you head-on— my sword Khione will do it for me. So, are you wearing enough clothes to face the blizzard?"

Gunther gripped her cursed sword which now glowed bluish. Then some large ice crystals pillars began to emerge from under the ground and encircle Juliet like a trellis.

"I could have killed you right away, my Lady. But it seems the Rasputins took a little longer to find me. So tell me. What's your name? How did you find me at the bottom of the abyss? If I'm amused, maybe I'll let you live," said the general confidently.


Spoiler

I also publish this book on webnovel with same title and cover. Please do stop by, writing some review and vote my work. I Will be very grateful for that. Thank you for reading this far (人 •͈ᴗ•͈)

[collapse]

7