Chapter 26 – an author’s note about not knowing how to finish
338 12 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   So I love this story but have no compelling way to finish writing it...  

    I've been kinda stuck in a loop whenever I approach writing this final chapter of trying to work out how to make the dinner with the triad revealing the existence of Sylph as an alien and the offer of joining up with The Consensus.  

    I thought of maybe having David accept but have an allergic reaction to the brain fungus, but that didn't feel all that interesting and kinda being mean to my characters for emotional effect.  

    I thought of having some escalation of human contact attempts with the aliens, but that just gets into more of the fun I want to do with the sequel story, Help! I Think My Mainframe's in Love.

    I thought of just having a nice dinner and evening goes well.  The triad accepts Sylph, everyone hugs and cries.  They decide to just join via the internet connection with maybe doing brain fungus later if they want.  The full fluff ending, but I just couldn't find the executive functioning to actually write it out.

    Ultimately, this is my first ever creative writing for others to read and was written without any overall story outline.  If I ever were to do a rewrite, I'd probably do a combo fluff ending with the whole satellite blinking at the biosphere for the first time cliffhanger ending setting up the sequel 5 years later with the fallout from that in full effect.  Overall, I'm super happy with this story as is.  I'm also very in favor of accepting how my neurodivergent brain is probably never gonna find a compelling reason to just sit down and finish this chapter, so ending it like this.  

    A huge thank you for all the readers that have enjoyed and commented on my work, and being able to move past this last chapter I think will free up brain to work more on the next story which I'm still very excited about❣️

22