Ch 9: Tricking children
4.4k 18 155
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Apparently while I was dealing with some personal stuff this fanfic became #6 in MHA... Anyways thanks for the support I'll try to keep up with at least 3 chapters a week

Also, comment what do you think about this story since it is more of a 'Test' than anything serious so I'll take what I can get

Seeing Soru was something that I didn't consider seeing at all, after all, it seems like something that should be straight-up impossible, obviously, I didn't learn it since I'm not even two years old yet, anyways I have noticed something. At first, while I was reincarnated in this place I was worried about being found out since even I knew I would be rather naive to think that I could fake being a normal child without at least slipping once.

[I mean, saying 3 words into a cohesive sentence. in the correct context... IN MY FIRST TIME SPEAKING, was definitely pushing it too far, in my humble opinion]

But I was definitely enlightened today, I mean I knew something had to be going on when my family didn't really think too much about it on my first birthday, but now that we are here at the park, I can see the reason for their rather... unconcerned reactions.

[I see, I thought it was anime logic, but children are really more intelligent than they should be]

That's right, right now I'm the smack middle of a random park in order for me to 'socialize with people my age' something that I was doubting since, I'm 1 year old.

[Tecnically approaching 2 years old quickly]

Anyway, I was doubting this whole socializing thing since it is stupid to think that a 2-year-old would socialize, or more accurately, that a former 20 year old would be able to do anything with 2-year-olds, but I was rather surprised by the level of intelligence these brats actually show off.

"Hey give me back my spinning top!" One shouted.

"Oh! then come and win it from me then idiot and prove your worth" I say with a smug grin, my tone of voice in obvious mockery of this random kid that decided to approach me to play.

[What an idiot, to think you would actually dare in challenging me in a game]

After winding all the string on the spinning top I immediately throw it on the floor for it to start spinning, it lands and bounces 3 times before completely stabilizing, it is currently moving towards the center of the 'arena' that really is just a piece of concrete where me and other 4 kids are huddles together.

[I mean they are quite good at speaking, their mental age is not helping them in that regard since I somehow tricked them into giving them one of their spinning tops]

== An hour earlier ==

"Hey kids! what are you all playing?" I say with my hands in my pockets not really giving too much thought about what I was walking myself into.

[I don't have any idea of who these nobodies are, I should fit rather flawlessly]

"We are playing with these... uhhh" One of the kids showed his toy.

"Spinning tops?" I say as I see that he is holding a spinning top, it is green in colors and has the loop on top of it, basically, it is ready to be thrown.

"YES THAT, wanna play?" He says excitedly, I smile a bit at him not even knowing the name of what he was holding

"Yea-"

"No of course she can't!" I got cut off which pisses me off, but I really can't fault these kids anyways, I look at the one who interrupted me, he seems to be slightly older than the one who approached me earlier, I was going to retort back but one of his friends answered first.

"Why?" He was beside him, he seemed genuinely confused about why I couldn't play, I had an idea about it since he was clearly glaring at my hair.

"She is a girl! also, she probably doesn't have a spinning top!" He exclaimed, I frowned at the first bit but the second bit got me interested.

[I actually want to destroy that brat, I could even get away since my dad is actually a big shot, but the second part makes too much sense, something is wrong here right?]

"How old are you?" I say, they immediately answer without a second thought.

""3"" The one who said I couldn't play and the one confused about it were the first ones to answer.

"2" The one who I asked about at the start answered, his voice a little lower than the rest.

"4" The last kid said, his voice seemed to be the one who corresponded to the leader.

[I see, they are more intelligent but they still have no wisdom, hehe should be pretty cool to destroy them]

I take a glance at how they are arranged and their current expression, the three-year-olds are together and more close than the other, the four-year-old seems to be standing proudly in the middle of the group while the fellow two-year-old seems to be a little hunch over.

[I guess the three-year-olds are brothers and that the two-year-old isn't really part of the group, after all, kids like forming groups of three, so the younger is here mostly because he was curios]

Being an orphan who never was adopted made me actually someone who paid attention to people in order to either avoid them without angering them or to see how were people supposed to interact with each other, so I could deduce how this little pack of kids interacted.

"I see, anyways, you!" I point at the two-year-old.

"Y-yes?" He says while flinching at being called out.

"Let me borrow your spinning top!" I said with utter confidence, he immediately complies since I'm awesome and pretty intimidating for a girl, I snatch the spinning top at light speed and immediately put in a position to be thrown.

"Let's play a better game with higher stakes!" I say glancing at the kids.

"Stake?" One asked, clearly not knowing what I actually meant.

"She means Stakes as in danger idiot!" The other says shouting, the kid only nods not being fazed at being shouted.

[Not exactly true, but not bad either it seems that the leader is somewhat intelligent... for a four-year-old that is]

"What? then no, why would we like danger anyways?" One of the three-year-olds said, I only frowned at the I'm and then immediately put my brain into good use, after exactly a second a smug grin appeared on my face.

"hoh~ are you scared of a little game?" I said while looking at the four-year-old, he immediately snapped his head at me and then at the one who denied me and immediately retorted.

"Of course not, are you scared though?" He said while glancing at the other boys.

"""NO"""

"Why would I be scared of a mere boy?" I snickered in clearly fake disdain at him.

"Oh really? then what is this game you are proposing?" He asked, he has no idea what he just stepped into, it almost made me give him a grin that he couldn't forget but I managed to suppress it.

[He isn't in yet! gotta tempt him a little]

"Simple, We take turns in throwing spinning tops, the objective is to make someone else's spinning top stop with your own" I say while pointing at the patch of concrete.

"I see and where is the danger that you talk about..." He says while scanning at me "... Little girl".

A vein pops up on my forehead at being called girl, I know for a fact that he isn't wrong, but I still have some pride in a man, not enough to try to punch everyone who said it or reject the dress code, but enough to not tolerate being called 'Little girl' by a brat.

[Oh just you wait, idiot]

"Simple, if you get your spinning top knocked out three times it becomes property of the last person who knocks it," I say with a small smile, I give a knowing smirk at everyone and see that everyone were surprised at the 'devastating' rules, the leader was opening his mouth but I interrupt him.

"Scared yet?" With a mocking tone, knowing smile, while waving my clearly borrowed spinning top.

"OF COURSE NOT"

[Hehe~ so easy]

155