Ch 49. The interview
51 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though I was not hurrying to agree to work part-time, the next day I followed Father to his work. Unsurprisingly, this rare opportunity for the two of us to spend some time together was wholeheartedly supported by Mother.

When I sat in our car after a long time I was a bit disappointed. I felt ashamed that I got used to the Queen’s luxurious lifestyle, so it was a good time to return from Heaven to Earth.

Our cheap, rugged and reliable car delivered us straight to the Father’s workplace. It was an office near the city’s industrial zone.

Father said nothing throughout our ride, and nothing changed when we arrived. At the entrance Father gave a brief greeting to some of his colleagues, and proceeded upstairs to the second floor.


Right when we stepped out from the staircase, Father headed towards two men who were smoking by a window. A step after he noticed that I am not going, he gently pulled my hand and led me to them.

“Good morning, President-sama. It is always a pleasure to see you here.” Father bowed immediately when one of the men noticed him, and did not straighten his back even after the man spoke.

“Minohara-kun, good morning. Is it the daughter you are boasting about?” The man was not wearing anything extraordinary and it was hard to discern his status from that alone. However, it didn’t make me forget the manners.

“Minohara Yuki. Please, take care of me.” I bowed too, and the man chuckled.

“Nice to meet you, Minohara-chan. Have you heard about the part-time job, perhaps?” The man leaned on the wall and doused the cigarette.

“Yes, I did. I am eager to work, and hope it will be a valuable experience for my future.” When I said so, Father’s tension lessened a bit.

Then how about you try out working with your dad? We will consider it the interview. Work hard.” The man chuckled again, and turned back to the other man, signaling that the conversation is over.

“Thank you, President-sama.” Father stopped bowing and we walked away.

We stopped near a door, where Father stopped and faced me.

“Yuki, please, keep in mind that if you want the President to notice you, give it all for today’s practice. If. You don’t have to overwork yourself, unless you want to.” With this, he opened the door and we entered a small office room where was a computer on a desk, and several large cabinets with some documents.

“For now you can start with bringing me that stack of papers behind you.” Father pointed at a small table behind me. There was a large and heavy stack of documents with different markers and bookmarks.

It was even heavier than the full stack of printouts for the exams. I divided the stack in parts, and carried the over to Father’s desk, stacking them in a way that the stack is in the same order it was.

“Being pedantic is good, but remember not to be overzealous.” Father only glanced at the stack while he was writing something in the computer.

Afterwards I was doing some chores, like bringing him water, putting documents in the cabinets, and even carrying a file to the room next door.

By the end of the day I was quite tired, and could only be hoping that this day would end sooner. It was boring, soooo boring.

Well, what I would expect from work? To be providing me with a personal clown?


In between the chores I was sitting and playing games, until the H-hour has arrived.

Good. Sent. Yuki, you can relax, the work is over so while I am finishing here, fetch me some water.” I nodded and hurried to the cooler.

There was another person, a woman. When I approached, she glanced at me but she appeared to be disinterested in paying me much attention. However, when she was about to look away, she suddenly peered at my chest.

I may be gifted in that matter, but the woman too was not the smallest one. I put my arm over my chest, but the woman did not look away.

Y-your cup…

Ow!” The water was spilling over, and that saved me from the unpleasant gaze.

However, before walking away the woman glanced at my chest once again.

What a rude person…

I adjusted the golden star on my clothes, and hurried back to Father with a cup of water.

2