Ch 012 –
4.5k 13 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hinako introduced Toshi to her friends at her regular lunch table, but as she was about to sit her brother down, a boy from Toshi's class came up and dragged him away. Hinako thought about making Toshi stay with her, but figured he needed to get to know his classmates, ~Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll start to figure out how to be a guy from them.~

 

Hinako was the toughest girl in school. She also was going to graduate this year so there was going to be a power shift. Her crew was called Shi'suma behind the group's back. It was a mangling of the various nicknames over the past few years. Originally it was Angels of Death then Daughters of Death, then Hinako took offense at both, and eventually people just started calling them Shi'Suma. Hinako was originally called Sukeban then she got angry about that and some people started calling her Hina-Ban just to piss her off.

 

As much as Hinako worried about the group's reputation, they were the student body's internal 'law enforcement' and Hinako was the boss. She might not be the class president, but when it came to laying down the law, Hinako was the one everyone else looked to for order. Hinako was the toughest fighter in school and had proved it enough that nobody questioned it anymore.

 

Just like any organization that depends on the strength of a single individual, things were going to change when she graduated. Half of Shi'Suma was disappearing this year so they needed to recruit fresh blood to keep the group going. People hoped they would because, as harsh as they were, things had never been more peaceful since Hinako took over.

 

Of course, the other rising power was Naora. She had two loyal followers and while they couldn't take on Hinako alone, Hinako was the only other person in school who could. The three jumped Hinako once and she managed to walk away fairly unscathed with Naora and her pals taking a visit to the emergency room. Thanks to that incident and getting held back a year, Naora was a year behind Hinako. If Hinako didn't find a strong replacement, it was going to be Naora's time next year.

 

At least, that was what the primary concern of Hinako and her crew up until today. Hinako was shifting gears and moving over to the Toshi problem. Niwa Abi leaned out into the row to eye Toshi as he walked away, "Now I see why you rarely talk about your brother." She let out a low growl. Hinako let out a well-placed kick to Abi's chair under the table. Abi flailed about trying not to fall, "HEY!"

 

Hinako glared around the table, "Maybe I didn't make it clear this morning. That's my brother and I want you guys to keep an eye on him to keep the other girls from taking advantage of him. NOT take advantage of him."

 

Madoka looked thoughtful, "There is something off about him..." As she watched him leave, "He's... not walking right."

 

Fukami looked confused, "I wasn't here this morning. What's going on?"

 

Hinako sighed, "My brother had an allergic reaction to a medication and stopped breathing. He spent three days in a coma and now his brain is all screwed up. He doesn't understand... well... much of anything. But especially anything related to socializing. He's relearning everything from scratch. He is going to be easily taken advantage of and I don't want anyone preying upon him because he's got the commonsense of a five-year-old." She pointed around, "You warn everyone my brother is hands off and if anyone so much as makes eyes at him, I want their name and I want them dead." She paused then added, "The order doesn't matter."

 

Madoka pushed her glasses up on her nose, "Then you are going to have to kill about half of the student body." Hinako looked at Madoka who in turn pointed at Toshi. Hinako looked over at Toshi, sitting at a table of boys from his class. Most of the boys were just talking to each other, giggling, and in general being like boys. Toshi wasn't part of the group. His body language was all wrong. He was too quiet while sitting too boldly. He was aggressively shy, or passively intimidating. He just wasn't right. He was trying to keep up with the conversation, but seemed to keep fading out. The real problem was he kept looking around the room. How a girl knows a guy is interested in them is eye contact. The girl stares and the guy either ignores them or stares back. That's how it works. That is how it has always worked. The guy only stares back if they want the girl to respond.

 

Toshi was making eye contact with every girl in the lunchroom.

 

The more Hinako watched, the more insane it got. Girls all over the room were laughing and pointing and clearly talking about her brother by their glances and gestures. Toshi just smiled and sometimes even waved. Everyone started watching as this impending disaster unfolded. Abi muttered out of the side of her mouth towards Hinako, "Is your brother a slut?" Hinako's smack to the back of Abi's head was so fast all anyone saw was Abi's forehead bouncing off the table.

70