Book 2 – Chapter 7d
1.6k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Toshi left quickly and didn't slow down until he was at least a block away.

 

He kept checking over his shoulders as he slowly started to relax. He muttered to himself as he tried to find a bus stop leading in the right direction, "Goddamn crazy tsundere." He stopped dead, "Wait. What?" He looked back for her, even as he knew she was long gone. He continued talking to himself, "Keanu Christ, she's a Tsundere!" He smacked his forehead, "God help me, I'm actually in an Otome, arn't I?" He looked skyward and waited for a reply. None was forthcoming.

 

"Still busy, eh?"

 

He shrugged and continued his search for the right bus line, but after a few steps, his phone started ringing. It was a very bland tone that he had selected for a very specific reason. He knew what it meant, but it wouldn't stand out to anyone else. Hearing it made him jump. He fumbled to get his phone out of his pocket as quickly as possible.  Toshi stared at the caller ID on his phone.

 

Toshi and Naora had rules on contacting each other. Naora frequently changed her phone as well as carrier. When she did, they would meet in person to make sure Toshi knew her new number. They would stick to only texts and even then it was mostly abbreviations or code. Actually calling and talking on the phone was right out. It was only in the case of an emergency, and then they had a series of code phrases to use when answering. Naora shouldn't be calling without texting first, so something was very... VERY wrong.

 

Toshi checked around to make sure he was alone. There were some people on the street, but nobody who cared about Toshi. Just random people going about their random lives. He stepped off to the side to stand in the mouth of an alleyway. Nobody was down it so he was reasonably certain he would have privacy here. Toshi pressed the answer button and brought it to his ear with great trepidation and much faked enthusiasm, "Hey snuggle-lump! What's up?"

 

There was a moment of silence, then a much older voice answered.

 

"Naora is unavailable."

 

It was a voice Toshi had only interacted with once before.

 

"This is Terauchi Shizuya."

 

Toshi's stomach started twisting into knots of pure terror.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I have questions that need answering."

45