Chapter 83 – Sick Visit
200 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 83 - Sick Visit

...

<POV: Carene>

Luckily I found her right away as she was busy in the Kitchen.

"Celesta. Good morning.. Sorry that I couldn't get up earlier to help. What can I do for now? I will do my best to do it!"

Celesta smiled beautifully upon seeing me, but shook her head lightly in denial upon hearing my words as she replied,

"Good morning to you too, Carene. Don't worry about this though. I am right here to manage these things for now. Besides, I don't get many chances to do this due to the Council work. Just take a seat in the Dining room and wait for a bit. Jorah should be there too. The breakfast should be ready in a minute."

Celesta's hand-cooked meal? Now that's something I would love to have. But, to get so busy early in the morning... especially after such a busy day yesterday, I wonder how Celesta is able to do all that by herself. Is she hiding her superpowers or something?

Nah, just kidding. But, I kind of want to help her out too...

"Ah... but, aren't you preparing too much for just breakfast?"

That was what felt weird to me, as there was no way such a large amount could be finished by everyone even if they go all out in the morning.

At my curious query, Celesta smiled mysteriously as she spoke again,

"Hmm? Ah, this... it's a secret~~"

Is that so??� Well, if that's what makes her happy, then so be it. Seeing Celesta's busy back figure early in the morning gave me a delusion, as if... we were a married couple and she was lovingly preparing breakfast for our family.

Although I did my best not to imagine too much, the warm and homely feeling the delusion gave me kept on lingering within me for a long time.

And it was then that I remembered about the lonely girl from yesterday. Remembering my first objective for the day, I decided to ask Celesta about it.

"I see... by the way, Celesta. About my friend Nihara, the girl that you rescued yesterday... do you remember which hospital she was admitted to?"

Celesta turned to look at me once as she tried to remember yesterday's events. Soon, she replied to me casually,

"Nihara... I remember. It should be the Cantt. Hospital. Although I wanted a more specialized one, she herself requested to go there."

Cantt. Hospital... that's where the lower income families usually go for cheap treatment. To think that Nihara chose to go there even when the expenses could be covered...

"Ah, thanks for telling me. I was thinking of visiting her today at the beginning of the visiting hours."

As I asked Celesta in a mild manner, I hoped deep inside that she wouldn't reject my proposal this time. In a way, I didn't want to disturb any special plans Celesta had for the day.

"That's fine. You can do as you wish, Carene. But, remember to come home early today, okay? Possibly by Nine-thirty. I would be mad at you if you came back late though."

Ah, thank goodness she agreed. Celesta doesn't appear to be that angry at me anymore. It's just that... yesterday she had been pretty weird, especially after the violent incident from yesterday.

Hopefully her mood would stay that good the entire day too.

Feeling a bit guilty to let Celesta work hard all by herself, I decided to offer her my help.

"Is there something special planned today? And, umm... is there something I could help with?"

Celesta flashed me a very beautiful and charming look as she smiled heartily and spoke in a coy voice,

"Hehe, I will tell you only then, okay~? Now, go on to the hospital already. The visiting hours would be starting soon, I think."

As I knew that Celesta was right, and also that I had to be back home soon, I decided to let Celesta be busy with her things and to start to attend to my own matters as well.

"Thanks, Celesta. I will be skipping breakfast today though. See you soon!"

Leaving the busy figure of Celesta behind, I lightly greeted the sleepy Jorah sitting on the Dining table and made my way out of the house.

Now, Cantt. Hospital, huh? It's a bit far from here. I should catch a bus early on to avoid rush hour.

Not wanting to waste my time, I swiftly walked over to the bus stand and fetched a ride going towards the Hospital area.

Seeing the minor amount of cash in my hands, I wondered if I should get some money withdrawn from my account in case I ever needed some for emergencies.

...

Getting off the bus, I still had to walk some distance to get to the hospital.

It wasn't as grand as the one where Sis Lin used to work at but wasn't too shabby either..

After enquiring at the front desk, I was quickly guided to the room where Nihara was admitted into.

It turned out to be an eight-seater room where eight beds were arranged within a slightly larger room. It kind of looked cramped for the number of people there were, but it was still hygienic and clean-looking, so I tried not to mind it too much.

Spotting Nihara sitting on the bed near a window, I made my way towards her and placed the fruits basket that I had bought earlier and placed it on the table near her bed.

Nihara's eyes quickly turned towards me as she smiled widely in response and greeted me,

"Lady Carene? How wonderful it is to see you here. Have you been well?"

Haah... she is still being so polite. If it was me who had gone through so much shit, I would have turned rabid and might have started to curse at every other guy that I find.

"I'm fine. You have had a proper rest yet, or... have you been a naughty girl so far, Nihara?"

Seeing her behave so politely and humbly, made me want to tease her a bit and to see some different kinds of responses from her instead.

"Hehe, that wasn't the case though. There were many kind adults around me who shared their interesting books with me. So I have been well entertained till now."

Books, huh..? So Nihara is an avid reader too. Hmm,� point noted. I must try finding some interesting books for her to read too.

If anyone was to just see her act from the outside, they would never be able to grasp how much pain and torment she has been through till now.

I believe that she has been engaging all that sadness deep inside her chest, which might have led her to this state. It pained my heart to see such a kind and polite girl suffer all by herself without any complaints.

"I see... you know, Nihara. Please don't hide your sufferings from me or Celesta ever in the future, alright? I want you to promise me that you would never take such rude and rough treatment from anyone in the future... okay?"

Nihara looked at me quietly for a few seconds before she calmly smiled again and spoke,

"Hmm~~? Don't worry, Lady Carene. I have now realized how fruitless my previous behavior was. I would no longer let the ones important to me be troubled due to my actions in the future."

Wait, what? Does she mean that she would stop interacting with others altogether?! That's no good at all! I didn't want to infer such a decision in any way!

"Hey hey. What do you mean by that? Don't scare me, alright? You are not allowed to do anything stupid."

Nihara didn't seem to be as panicked as me. In fact, she didn't look panicked at all, as she casually swayed her hands and answered in a cool manner,

"Huhuhu... I won't. I now have a good friend like you with me, Lady Carene. As long as you are next to me, I believe that I would be fine as well."

Oh... so she didn't mean anything reckless by that, huh? Damn... my imagination got the better of me again.

Right, Nihara isn't a careless person to make any such drastic decisions by herself. But, I still cannot help but be worried about this lonely girl. Would she really be okay by herself?

"Yup. You can count on me. But, about your extreme sexual urges... are they under control now?"

As The time came to ask her about the elephant in the room, I talked to her in a quiet manner regarding her major issue. Nihara, however, didn't seem to think that it was a big deal as she calmly spoke in a normal tone of voice.

"That... it isn't any good yet. The craving for dicks becomes too heavy sometimes..."

Ah... they all flinched so badly. The other patients would have never imagined a quiet sweet lady like Nihara to be craving dicks or anything after all. Let's pray that their conditions don't turn serious due to the sudeen shock.

"Addictions aren't easy to battle. Just don't quit the fight in between, okay? I will cheer for you!"

Since Nihara didn't mind them, I decided not to mind the others either, as I tried my best to cheer her up and to help her strengthen her resolve.

"Thank you very much for your kind words, Lady Carene. Also, I won't be here for long. The doctors would discharge me today in the afternoon so that I could attend college regularly from tomorrow onwards again."

So, she's getting discharged already? It's good news that the injuries on her body aren't too serious or anything. I will do my best to be a good friend to her from now on too. Still, I thought that she could rest some more and decided to suggest it to her.

"So soon? Shouldn't you rest properly before coming back? It's not like there is something so urgent to return for."

Nihara shook her head in refusal, as her long straight hair swayed along with it, while she spoke to me again,

"No, I have rested too much already. I... wish to enjoy my days there as well."

If that's the case... then I would respect her wishes. I have heard that long stays in the hospitals tend to make you feel even more sick, so maybe she is right to get discharged so soon.

"I see. But, should I stay here for your discharge formalities? I can help you get to your home too. And tell me your house address as well."

Nihara smiled at my offer for help, as she turned to look outside the window next to her bed and spoke slowly,

"No no, it's fine already. My mother would be coming over to take it back soon. Lady Carene should just enjoy today's break with her family too. Also, I live near Brandon Street, not far away from our College."

Brandon street? Okay, noted. Let's try giving her a surprise visit someday. That should cheer her up in a different manner, I think.

"Um, if you are really sure about it, then I won't insist on it too much. Just remember to take your medicines on time, alright? Also, call me if any trouble arises. I will be there in a jiffy."

Nihara's eyes seemed to be sparkling with a different light from the dullness from before. I would be happy if I gave her more motivation to keep on going with life without giving up. I don't wish to see her distressed and crying figure ever again in my life.

"Sure, I will take care then, Lady Carene."

After some more small talk between us, I was led away by he nurse who was about to help Nihara get changed.

It was a relief to see Nihara doing well. That poor girl had been through a lot until now and I didn't want someone that I consider a friend to be bullied by the circumstances anymore.

Time to go back home, I guess. I wonder what Celesta had planned to do today when she asked for my presence.

Feeling the surge of anticipation and delight within myself, I quickly made my way towards the nearest bus stop.

...

A/N: Summers are not the fav time for Kitty...

8