Chapter 28 – Sudden Request
2.7k 6 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 28 - Sudden Request

...

<POV: Carene>

I shook my head to dispel the darker thoughts from taking over again. I then stood up from my chair and carried all the leftovers back to the kitchen and washed the utensils thoroughly.

Let's get this thing done as soon as possible. I have a suspicion that something might go wrong in the dining room if I don't.

...

After being done with all the tasks, I came out from the kitchen and walked back to the dining room.

Ah. As expected, Jorah had already fallen asleep. She looks so cute sleeping like that... so adorable..

Looking at the blissful expression on her face, I really don't feel like disturbing her beauty sleep at all. However, I cannot really leave her sleeping at the dining table, can I?

Maybe.. if I take her upstairs by carrying her in my arms, then.. it should be fine, right?

Yeah. Let's go with that.

After deciding upon my next actions, I approached the sleeping beauty and carefully lifted her up within my arms.

Oh. I had imagined her to be so heavy that I might even end up dropping her if I slipped somehow. On the contrary, she is as light as a feather.

Is her body weight a bit too less? Or.. is my body too powerful? I really don't remember my body being so powerful before...?

I mean, I don't feel her weight at all. Well, works for me right now. Becoming more powerful can never be a bad thing anyways.

I knew that her room was located on the second floor, so I slowly ascended the stairs and reached the entrance of her room. Her room happened to be unlocked, so getting inside was no trouble at all.

Speaking about the room, well... it was very childish to be honest. Painted entirely in pink, it was covered with plush toys, frilly curtains and cushions. As for the stuffed toys, there were a lot of them spread all around the room.

And near the back wall was the dresser, a cabinet style wardrobe holder. Away from all of these was a bed that seemed fit for Jorah's size. I mean.. for someone like me, it would be a bit too small. A bit smaller than what an adult would need, but I guess it fits it's purpose.

Then again, who knows if this was the bed in which Celesta used to sleep during her childhood?

Breaking the train of my thoughts, I approached the bed and carefully laid Jorah on it. I made sure to properly cover her body with her blanket.

It was then that I remembered something that I forgot. I quickly went down to the kitchen and brought a bottle full of water to Jorah's room.

After carefully placing it near her bedside, I glanced one last time at the sleeping beauty before I finally turned to leave.

"Sister Carene? You are leaving already?"

Uh oh. It seems like our little princess isn't asleep just yet.

As I turned around to look back, I could see Jorah looking back at me. She then sat up on the bed and continued to speak further,

"Don't leave already, Sister Carene. Even Sister Celesta isn't here with me. Without Big Sister Celesta. I feel very lonely."

Ohhh. That's not good, is it?

Jorah looked very troubled as the corner of her eye started to become wet.

Ah! Please don't cry! I don't think that I can handle a crying child at all!

As soon as I realized my current predicament, I rushed towards Jorah and sat down beside her as I quickly hugged her small body close to my chest.

"Shhh. No crying now alright. Your Sister Celesta must be very busy right now. She is on a study tour after all. Don't worry, she will be back soon. When she comes back, the three of us would have a lot of fun, alright?"

I could sense some wetness quickly spreading around my chest as Jorah had buried her face within my embrace.

So she was holding it all inside her all this while, huh. If I think about it, Isla is rarely at home due to her jobs. Her father passed away when she was very small, so even a father figure is not present. And the twins seem to be busy with each other.

If not for Celesta, Jorah would have been left all alone by herself. Maybe that is why Jorah gets along so well with Celesta. Celesta is her support system after all.

And on occasions like this, she is left alone by herself. Not anymore. I definitely won't let a child this cute be tormented by loneliness.

There is no one better than me who would understand what it is like to be left alone after all.

Amidst her sobbing, Jorah tried to speak to me,

"But.. *sniff*.. Sister Celesta used to drop me to school everyday. I feel very sad whenever I go to school by myself. Can I.. not go to school tomorrow?"

Hey Hey. Even if I am doting on you right now, bunking school is a big no. The kids who neglect their studies would miss out on a different experience after all. However, if I reject her request so out rightly, then she may start another bout of crying session altogether.

I caressed Jorah's hair and spoke tp her in a soft voice,

"Then.. how about this? I can drop you off to school tomorrow. Until Celesta returns, I can very gladly go along with you. But, would that be okay with you, Jorah?"

The sniffing sound stopped as Jorah looked up slightly as she exposed just her wet eyes.

"R-Really? Sister Carene will come with me? You will not refuse me tomorrow, right?"

Ah, this child. Just trust my words a little alright. After all, I am a responsible member of the adult society. You can count on me!

"Of course not. There is no way that I would ever go back on my words, you know? Calm down now. Don't worry. You are not alone anymore. I am here with you."

Jorah nodded slightly and proceeded to wrap her hands around my waist as she hugged me tightly.

"Thank you... Sister Carene."

The two of us continued to sit in silence, as I waited for Jorah to calm down completely.

...

After a while, Jorah separated from me and wiped away all the traces of her tears from her face.

She giggled a bit as she suddenly held both of my hands and spoke,

"Sorry, Sister Carene. I just couldn't control myself. Um.. there is something else that I wanted to ask you."

Hmm? Is there some other request? Ah. Oh well.. let's just go along with whatever it is that she wants.

I nodded silently to let Jorah continue her words. It was then that a very pitiful look appeared on her face as she asked me,

"Sister Carene.. can you promise to do something for me tomorrow at school? I-I cannot tell you about it right now, but it is a really simple thing to do. I am sure that Sister Carene can do it very easily! Pretty Please!!"

...

A/N: Kitty apologizes to keep Kitty's friends waiting for so long. Most of the troubling issues have been fortunately dealt with. The overwhelming love and support certainly helped Kitty to tide through the rough times. Now time to do what Kitty loves to do the most.

47