Chapter 73 – ‘Normal’ Person
357 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 73 - 'Normal' Person

...

<POV: Carene>

After properly informing Celesta about it this time around, I began to walk my way towards the supermarket.

Since it was the closest one near home and nothing was overpriced there, it was our go-to place to get our daily necessities.

"Excuse me, can you lend a hand for a moment? My child here is too naughty and I can't free myself to readjust my skirt."

As I turned to look at the person, it turned out to be a very beautiful and busty brown-haired woman. Her facial features made her appear coquettish.

At the time, she was holding her kid down with both arms, with the kid possibly wanting to run out to play.

What a naughty child indeed. Not everyone is as obedient and polite as our Jorah after all.

Although I didn't look closely, her skirt may really be in some troublesome position.

Since I was mostly free anyways, I decided to lend her a helping hand and caught the kid's palm within my hands.

Utilizing the chance, the woman quickly corrected her clothes while giving me an apologetic smile.

"Thank you very much for your help. It is a blessing to have met a kind-hearted person like you."

Kind-hearted? Me??

Wait till you meet someone like our Jorah or Celesta. They are absolute angels on earth!

"Me? Oh no, it's nothing like that. It was just a little thing to do, no big deal."

Still, it's better to be low-key. I didn't really do anything big anyways. What could I have possibly lost by grabbing this child for a while in my free time?

The woman bowed in thankfulness yet again, as she spoke to me,

"Still, you helped me out a lot, Miss..."

Well... if you insist on it so much, then I won't mind things on my end as well. Besides, having a beautiful woman showing her gratitude for me feels good anyways. Beats being ignored in that stupid place called College any day.

Thankfully, I don't have to go there tomorrow, or my brain would have started to melt down from my frustrations!

"Ah. I am Carene. And you are?"

The lady smiled in a gentle manner as she replied,

"My name is Daisy. And, this is my daughter Katey. We were just going to the mart to get our things when that incident happened."

Oh ho? What a coincidence! Isn't this as rare as winning the last prize in the lottery? To meet a stranger going towards a similar place like mine... if she was actually heading to the same place, then that would be really weird.

"It's alright. It happens to the best of us. In fact, I was going to one too. I am going to the Freya's though."

The lady looked somewhat surprised, as she held down the rowdy child while she remarked,

"Me too! That's so amazing, what a coincidence. Would it be okay for us mother and child to accompany you shopping?"

Holy cow! She is really going there too! What are the odds of this happening? Why didn't I buy myself a lottery ticket or something today?!

"Sure, why not. I am by myself anyways. I couldn't help but notice how young you look despite having a kid already."

Hey, I am not a big fan of wandering around a supermarket by myself. Especially if there is a beautiful lady to keep me company! So what if she has a kid? I don't discriminate against beautiful young ladies, alright?

"Oh, that... I'm just twenty-one right now. She is just two years old, so..."

WHHAAAT?!! T-Twenty one? And, she has a kid already? What the...

That's the same age as ME! Am I too old to have a kid now? Wait... I am the impregnating party here, not the impregnated one here.

Yup, no dick's ever going inside me. This sanctuary is reserved for women folks only.

Still, an early marriage, huh? Now that's something extremely rare nowadays.

"Oh, so you married early then. How lucky the guy would have been."

The lady suddenly became downcast, as she looked over at her child as she spoke,

"That... I haven't married anyone yet..."

Oh... a single mother, huh? Me and my big mouth... why did I have to ask her something this personal? I must reflect on my behaviour from now on if I don't wish to hurt others unknowingly.

"Oh... I see. Sorry for jumping to conclusions on my own. And, I am twenty-one as well right now."

The lady soon recovered her mood from before, as she covered her mouth in surprise.

"Wow... so many coincidences. Don't tell me that you are my fated one, Miss Carene?"

Phhhh! F-Fated one? How can that be..? Wait, why did she say that? Is it because she is into women as well?

No, she already had a kid, so... maybe she is just joking around? Yeah! That must be it. Why do I keep letting the horses of my mind loose at every provocation?

Maybe it's time to train myself in Meditation sessions again.

"No no. Just Carene is fine. And, I don't know so much about fate. It's not something in our control anyways."

Since she wants to joke around, I will gladly play along too. It's already so rare to find a 'normal' person in this world. It's best to cherish each such opportunity.

"Right. Well said. I have been living with my daughter for two years now. Since I don't stay with my parents anymore... it often gets lonely with just the two of us."

Oh... that sucks. I'm glad that I have such an amazing family to sit with, even if it's not my own. As for my real parents... nope, they won't give a damn where I stay or not. Thankfully they left me with the property to sell, otherwise... I may have to live on the streets instead!

"Are you two staying nearby?"

"Oh, yes! It's not far from here. Just a couple of streets away."

So they are my neighbours or something? Wait, does it qualifies as being a neighbour when we live a few streets away?

"I see. It's good to know someone in this area since I am not really familiar with the neighbours or anything."

That's true, man. None of the folks in this area wants to mingle with the others. They all stay locked up in their houses when they are not working outside. A totally uncool neighbourhood, I tell you.

At least, let me meet my hot neighbours, darn it!

"I see. I can understand your troubles since even I didn't have many to talk to when I first arrived here."

So our experiences are kind of the same too, other than the fact that I had so many people to support me. Wait, doesn't that makes her even more pitiful than me?

"That's right. It's really troublesome how this area changed so much over the years."

Back when I was a kid, this area wasn't as such, especially when Celesta's dad was around. He was a total party freak, hosting one every single week. The number of people I saw there was more than what I had met till then.

The lady, Daisy seemed positively curious about me, and looked like a good conversation partner to have, so I began to enjoy myself unknowingly as well.

Yay to world peace! Let's all just live in peace and harmony. No acting like the duchebags in my College...

"Un. Then, are you a college student, Carene?"

"For now, yeah. Though I can't say for how long I would keep being one."

Really, if you wish to find a hell hole on earth, go to my college and spend a month. You won't need to find another place anytime soon.

"Eh?! But, why? Going to college is so fun!"

Huh? Does she go to College as well? But, she must have to do a job to sustain her family of two. Would that leave her enough time to go College, especially when she has a child to be concerned about?

"Not in my case. I lucked out with the most terrible bunch of human skin-wearing freaks in my batch. It's really frustrating and boring to go there every day now. Thankfully, I don't have to go tomorrow because of Sunday, otherwise..."

Daisy began to look at me with pity in her eyes as she began to console me instead,

"That's tough. I cannot imagine what that would be like since I never went to one yet..."

Shit! I stepped upon another landmine?! This place seems to be too full of them to tread safely.

"Oh, sorry for ranting on my own. I was just too pissed from going there that I just vented it all on you."

Daisy gave me another beautiful smile as she spoke casually,

"No, it's fine, really. It's a fresh perspective, different from the ones that I am used to hearing until now. Also, looking at how beautiful you look, there must be many pursuers going after you there in the college, right?"

Ah... so, we are talking about this already? I wonder if she would begin to avoid me upon knowing that I am a lesbian. It's a reality folks, not everyone is able to accept us for who we really are.

"About that... actually I'm into girls only, not boys. As I am not interested in their matters, I haven't noticed anyone making any sort of effort yet. Still, my answer would be no anyways."

I tried to say it in a cryptic manner so that she could get what I want to tell her, and not get too offended at the same time.

"AH! So, are you a lesbian then?"

Yeah, she got what I wanted to say. In one word, no less. Let's hope she doesn't start hating me or something...

"Yeah, I guess you could say that."

As my heart throbbed in anticipation, the result was way better than I could have imagined it to be.

"So cool! I am bisexual by the way. I actually swing both ways, hehe."

C-Cool? Does she think it's cool??

I mean, yeah. Being lesbian or straight, it's all based on individual choices, so it's cool to choose your own orientation.

It's a relief that Daisy isn't hating me or is disgusted with me. Glad that I found a really 'normal' person this time.

So, she is bisexual, huh? Actually, it's the first time I'm meeting one, so I'm not really sure what I should say here

"Ohh?? Now that's surprising. You are actually the first person I met who openly declared themselves to be bisexual."

Daisy became a lot more energetic when it came to this topic, as she began to speak excitedly,

"Is that so? That's great then! Actually, I have been seeing only females in the past year. Although I am not disgusted by the boys,... ever since the biological father of this child abandoned us, I have been unable to put my trust in any male so far."

Oh... so she has her own circumstances too. More power to you, young lady. Hopefully, you would be able to find inner peace soon.

"I see..."

Daisy looked as if she had been possessed by someone else altogether as she began to rant again,

"It's really troublesome too. Since I desperately crave to be pounded from behind by a dick, strap-on dildos just don't feel real to me. The lack of heat radiating from its surface, the feel of being grabbed roughly from behind... being filled with hot semen straight into my womb, I miss these physical aspects. My partners are usually lesbians, so they don't share my concern at all, which leaves me unsatisfied in the end. Still, I can't trust another man again, not anytime soon anyways."

Phhhh!! T-That's way too much information for me to digest!

S-She seems to be suffering a whole lot of dissatisfaction it seems. The details are a bit too graphic though...

"T-That is..."

Daisy seemed to have realized at last what she had spoken as she swiftly changed her mood and apologized to me genuinely,

"Sorry, sorry! I lost myself in the conversation again. It's a bad habit of mine. Whenever I find a good conversation partner, I lose my inhibitions and just keep on blabbering about my stuff."

Well, I kind of did the same when I ranted about my College troubles, so... it makes us even in a way?

Besides, she isn't a bad person at heart. She's just... a bit more open than the others. Still, a lot better than the girls or boys at my College though.

"It's fine actually. It makes me realize how each of us has something that troubles us. It kind of makes us similar in that way."

Daisy looked surprised at my words, after which she soon became cheerful again, as she spoke to me,

"Y-You are right! We are kind of the same. How great that is, right~?"

...

As we entered the Supermarket, I quickly picked up the things that I needed, before going forth to help Daisy buy her stuff. There wasn't a lot of stuff that I had to buy anyways.

While I was helping Daisy to pick up the baby items she needed while she held down the child...

"Ah, Daisy! How come you are here?!"

At the sudden shout, both Daisy and I turned to look at the source, which turned out to be another beauty. She was more of a slim and athletic build, with tall height, small breasts and styled in gender-neutral clothes. Her short black hair looked as lustrous as a rare element, and that slim beauty soon made her way towards us.

...

A/N: Nyaa~~

13