Noticeable Changes
601 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the next chapter of Broken Shackles. You can read next 8 chapters of Broken Shackles now on my Patron page. 

You can go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can tip me now by going to my Ko-fi page and buy me a coffee.

Search for 'blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Familiar/ Ghosts /Goblins" talking.

'Familiar/ Ghosts/ Goblins' thinking.

'Parseltonguewill/memories'

"Spell" is being used.

Enjoy.

Broken Shackles

Chapter 8

Noticeable Changes

Harry followed Ravenclaw first year's behind their Prefect, Penelope Clearwater. She is a seventh-year student. Though he knew the entrance for the Ravenclaw Common Room he had to see it officially to know about it.

They came face to face with a Bronze eagle. Harry heard how to open the door by answering a riddle, but for some odd reason, the door swung open, not asking any Riddle.

"Lady Rowena Ravenclaw heartily welcomes Lord Slytherin to her House." Heard Harry in his mind, but others didn't hear it. Harry knew that voice. It was Hogwarts, as it is the same voice that congratulated him when he became the Lord of Slytherin.

With a confused expression, all the first-year students and a lost Prefect walked into the Ravenclaw Common Room.

"Once again, well done on becoming a member of the cleverest, quirkiest and most interesting house at Hogwarts," welcomed the students of Ravenclaw who are in the Common Room and all students applauded welcoming the newcomers.

"All students will have their rooms in Ravenclaw and boys are to the right while girls' dorms are to the left of the stairs. Each floor in the Castle has 1 year in them.

If you are in first year, your room will be on the first floor while the 3rd year will have theirs on the 3rd floor. It increases like that.

We have our Library here as Rowena Ravenclaw is well known for her wisdom. You are allowed to take books to your rooms but not outside the common room." Clearwater said in a stern tone. Every first-year nodded at that.

Harry stayed silent. He is mulling over the voice he had heard. From the moment he stepped into Hogwarts, he felt a small nagging at the back of his mind as if he got connected to something long lost.

He was trying to figure out what it was and decided to go into his Mindscape to investigate tonight. As he was in deep thought, Clearwater completed what she was saying.

"That's it. You can relax now and hope you have a great year at Hogwarts," concluded Clearwater and dispersed everyone. Harry went to his room. As he followed the instructions, there are 10 rooms on each floor, but as students rarely come to Ravenclaw, each student was given their room while in Gryffindor, 4 students use the room.

Harry remembered all the Ravenclaw's in his year. Terry Boot, Michael Corner, Anthony Goldstein, Sue Li, Padma Patil, Lisa Turpin were the names he could remember. With a shrug, he walked up to the door with his name on it in blue letters in a bronze plaque.

He walked into a large room with a four-poster bed in blue and bronze. The four-poster bed was covered in sky blue silk wider downs with navy blue curtains, a wooden nightstand next to it and his trunk at the foot of the bed.

A wooden board was situated on either side of the bed. The sound of wind whistling around the windows was very relaxing to Harry. A wall was decorated with the Ravenclaw crest and the windows had blue curtains can be seen.

The four-poster bed had two shelves at the back of the bed, an owl perch on one side, a small carpet next to the bed and a wooden nightstand at the end of the bed on one side. There was a wooden table with Parchments and quill. Everything expected from a Ravenclaw student was in his room.

He was used to scarlet and gold so much, it felt weird to see so much blue and bronze. But he got adjusted and looked around, it was more comfortable than his Gryffindor one as he is the sole occupant and called Dobby.

"Dobby,"

"Did Master Harry call Dobby?"

"Yes, Dobby. I want you to expand this place and bring me some books from the Chamber," said Harry. With a snap of his finger, Dobby expanded the room. Harry told him about the books he needed from the Chamber which mainly related to magic and mind control.

After expanding his room it is now looking like a large hotel room, with a nightstand, and a bookcase and study table with a lamp in it and his bed, giving Harry more place to work with.

Harry made his bed softer and added Potter Family Crest to the wall opposite the entrance. On the corner of the table, he added Slytherin Family Crest as well. Which can be easily hidden because of the angel of the table and he did some other changes.

After Dobby brought the requested books, Harry adjusted the books in the bookcase and used a disillusionment charm on them so that no one finds anything suspicious.

He heard was about to read, he heard someone knock and raised an eyebrow. Not to be rude on the first day of his House change, he allowed the person in.

"Hey, Harry," greeted Padma as she walked into his room.

"Can you enter my room? Is there no gender ward or something?" Asked a surprised Harry.

A gender ward is a ward that allows gender-based access. Like only female access in female dorms and male access to male dorms.

"This is Ravenclaw, Harry. Didn't Penelope say we are the quirkiest?" She asked as if it solves everything. Harry's proverbial light bulb shed light on him.

The meaning to what she said translates to 'As we have quirks, gender separation is not needed as we are intelligent and whatever you do, be silent about it.'

"That's interesting," said Harry.

"Oh Terry, come in," called Padma and Terry walked in a bit nervous. He was a tall boy with brown hair, dark eyes and fair skin in Ravenclaw robes.

"Hey, Potter," he said nervously.

"Let me introduce me, Terry Boot. Terry, this is Harry," said Padma. Harry and Terry shook hands.

After that, they started talking and Padma explained how things generally go in Ravenclaw which is everyone minding their business and not much importance to blood status and fights in general.

Midway, Terry opened up and warmed up to Harry. They became fast friends as they both like Transfiguration and Charms. Terry was not bad, at least not as bad as Ron.

He is intelligent and accepted Harry without much effort and after talking for an hour, Padma and Terry left Harry and promised to meet tomorrow and go to classes together.

After they left, Harry started reading. He knew well that tomorrow is going to be different. He is going to face the result of his re-sorting. If students are smart, they will ask their head of house about the rule and keep quiet.

But he knew the students well. Even the Head of the House explanation of rules, they wouldn't listen and dive headfirst into the sand.

He is going to handle the backlash as a true Ravenclaw. After all, he should honour the house which he was sorted into. With those thoughts in mind, Harry went to sleep.

Though he wanted to check his mindscape, he was so tired to do anything because of the journey and plans he was making.

Next day

Harry woke up and did a few light exercises in his room. After getting into good shape because of his healthy diet to which he got accustomed to in the summer, he promised himself to stay fit.

He bathed and readied himself for the hectic school day. He knew today was going to be different. He wore his robes which were in Ravenclaw colours and went into the common room.

Harry saw a crowd build-up in the common room and walked in to get a good view of what was happening. Their Head of the House, Filius Flitwick was standing on a stool, facing the crowd.

"Good Morning, Students. I want to personally welcome you all to Ravenclaw. As it was late yesterday, I didn't want to disturb your sleep," said Flitwick with a welcoming smile.

"First of all, even though we Ravenclaws are famous for our intellect, I suggest you not over-pressure yourself to get them. No house rivalry here. You do what you do best, that's all I ask you," said Flitwick with a smile.

"I thank you all for your valuable time. You can go now except Mr Potter. Please follow me, Mr Potter," said Flitwick and left others to their devices. Harry followed the diminutive man to his office.

Flitwick's office is a room on the seventh floor of Hogwarts Castle, which is thirteen windows from the right of the West Tower. Harry entered a small office that contains a desk, a bookcase and sleeping quarters and is decorated with various portraits.

Harry walked in and was allowed to sit in a seat opposite to the Charms master and he sat comfortably.

Flitwick had so many books stacked up on the floor to sit on the seat to be face to face with Harry. He sat and looked at him curiously.

"I'm sorry to take your time, Mr Potter. But I have one question to ask you," said Flitwick in an apologetic tone and looked straight into Harry's eyes.

"Can you tell me the reason why you changed houses?" He asked in a stern tone.

"Yes, Professor. You know what happened last year and how most houses are against me. I kept with it and moved forward and tried my best to solve who is behind.

But as you know, my own house, the prideful Lions, was against me and they did everything they could to stop me and bully me. Even when I complained to Professor McGonagall, she couldn't do much.

Your House, the Ravenclaw's were the only ones who didn't do anything ill to me and stayed neutral. And as you have seen, I opened my eyes, and I decided to solve the mystery and succeeded.

I found in my research that a student can ask to change their house in some specific circumstances. Now we are here," finished Harry. Flitwick looked at Harry for a minute without commenting anything.

"I can't say I understand you, Mr Potter. But I promise that my door will always be open for you. You can come to me any time," assured Flitwick with a smile.

"On another note, can I call you Harty?" Asked Flitwick and Harry nodded.

"I always thought you got your mother's eyes, Harry. But you also got her intelligence. Every second she was here, I wished her to be in my house. Her intellect maybe even above any of my claws.

Even though we are not allowed to choose favourites, she is my best and favourite student. I'm happy to have you in my house, Harry." said Flitwick with emotion.

"Likewise, Professor. I'll be sure to keep that in mind and stand up to her reputation," said Harry. Flitwick looked at the clock and saw it was going to be late.

"I'm sorry to keep you here, Harry. Here is your schedule. You can go now and I wish you all the best in your studies and year," said Flitwick with a smile and Harry nodded in gratitude and went to the Great Hall to eat with his schedule in hand.

The Great Hall was full of activity and he got a lot of curious looks from all sides and a few murderous ones from Gryffindor. He didn't give them much attention and sat in an empty seat at the Ravenclaw table beside Padma and Terry.

He got so many introductions and every time, he nodded and smiled at each one who introduced themselves. After eating everyone got their schedule and dispersed to classes. Terry and Padma had same classes as Harry and they went together.

Scene Break

Same Day Evening

After all the classes were done for the day, Harry was in his room, thinking about going to the connection. As today is the first day back, all Professors revised what they learned last year.

He dove into his mindscape to get to the bottom of the voice. He sat in a relaxed posture and started concentrating on his magic.

After some time, he felt being dragged and waited. Soon he felt being hit by a cool breeze and opened his eyes.

Harry saw his green Core in the middle of his mindscape. Its veins were spread out in all directions as usual making it look like a forest and it is surrounded by water on one side, mountains on one side, volcanos on one side and storms with lighting in it on the other and to the side is a large stone with a large green Jewel and a Serpent inside.

He remembered how Mira spooked him when she came in front of him suddenly in the Leaky Cauldron. He noticed a new addition to his mindscape on the far side of the waterside.

The water is black, resembling the Black Lake of Hogwarts. Harry was impressed by the replica and instead of touching it, he spread his magic across the castle to get a good feel for it.

The Castle grew in size, now resembling its actual size in the outside world. Harry got curious and felt his magic and how it connected to the Castle.

He was amazed by the feeling of it. His Core started to vibrate with magic as he felt his magic increase in strength and power.

"Hogwarts is delighted to have Lord Slytherin back," came the same female voice and this time, Harry can hear it clearly, though he can't see any person.

"So it is you," said Harry in realisation.

"Yes, my Lord. I am a semi-sentient being," said Hogwarts in joy. Harry can feel the happiness and joy she felt.

"Can you tell me how all this came to me? My Ancestor is not clear about the process," asked Harry. He felt the castle vibrate in happiness due to his lingering magic in her.

"Anything for my Lord. During the 10th century, the founders came together to build a school for magical children as the mundane those days did so many atrocities against magicals. That led to my construction, which, I think you are already aware of," said Hogwarts and Harry nodded.

"After building me, the founders saw an overflow of magical children to the school and reconstructed it to a Castle. During their last touches, they created an unbiased sorter, Griff, to sort children to the House which suits their traits the best. After that, Helga wanted to do something as she know everyone had one thing or another left as a legacy of them not counting their respective artefacts." Harry understood what she was saying as he knew of 3 items in all 4. Salazar's Chamber of Secrets, Rowena's room on the 7th floor and Godric's sword.

"So Helena decided to add 'life' to the building?" Asked Harry.

"Yes, my Lord. Helga was soft and kind and wanted the children of Hogwarts to experience that. But as magical paintings were not in existence by then and she can't stay forever, she took Salazar's help to perform a ritual that watches over children like her, if she was alive now.

As the founders had a great vision to make Hogwarts stand for centuries to come, instead of fully conscious, they made me semi-conscious. But this has a side effect.

Most of my powers were taken by Peeves, the poltergeist, I think you know of him, my Lord," said Hogwarts in an abashed tone.

"Oh. So that's why that trouble maker has such abilities."

"Yes. He is here from the beginning. He has the opposite traits of me. I can only be heard by you because of the Slytherin Lord ring you have," she said. Harry saw his Lord ring appear on his finger.

"So what else can I do with this apart from entering common rooms without passwords?" He asked curiously.

"You can go anywhere in Hogwarts undetected, know where anyone is and bypass some wards. I don't know anything more about it. I think the founders might have something about them," said Hogwarts and Harry was delighted to hear that.

To go undetected means even Dumbledore won't be aware of where he was even with the help of portraits and to know where everyone is something amazed Harry.

"Is there anything I need to know?"

"No, my Lord." Concluded the castle.

"If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to tell me," said Harry and he felt the castle nod. He came back from his mindscape and relaxed for some time and continued his studies awaiting the upcoming classes.

Harry completed all the practical subjects like Charms, Transfiguration and DADA of his year with all the spells and their wand movements and incantations learnt.

He thought to go through theory subjects like Potions, History of Magic, Herbology and other electives like Astronomy, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes and Care for Magical Creatures.

Though the subjects are new for him, Harry understood a lot about them in his mothers' diaries as she took all subjects except Divination like how he did.

Divination is a subject he is going to self-study as he had a feeling that he would do better that way. He had a bad feeling about Professor Sybill Trelawny as she is the one who told the Prophecy of him and Voldemort.

Thinking of the Prophecy he took out the glowing blue org and heard the prophecy again. He saw Trylawny's face in it facing Dumbledore.

'The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...'

Firstly, there was a mention of his birthday, which is on 31st July. End of the seventh month. And another thought came to Harry when he thought about birthdays. Neville's is on the 30th of July. Which means he could also be the Boy Who Lived.

But Harry didn't wish his fate on Neville. He couldn't help but think of him as a brother as they both tragically lost their parents. He want to help him in some way and he decided to do it.

There was no specification between him and Neville and Voldemort's choice of him made him the one who defeated him, thus enacting the prophecy. 'That idiot. That's why dad said maybe Voldemort believes in them,' thought Harry.

He traced the lines of his faded scar, reminiscing the sacrifice his mother made. When the dementor came close to him on the train, he knew it was his mother's scream. He was sure of it. He heard her scream and pleading for leaving him alive to Voldemort. Yet, the same memory saved him by giving him the feeling of his mother which he felt through her wand.

He is going to give meaning to her noble sacrifice. He touched his mother's wand to get the same feeling.

He was over the moon when he saw his Patronus. A Doe. The same as his mother's. The protection she gave him with her life, taking shape as his guardian. His happiness faded when a detail he missed came to his mind.

The prophecy was being made to Dumbledore. This means the old coot knew about the prophecy and either kept them under Fidelius or he might have done according to Snape's insistence. He had a gut feeling that it is because of Snape, he doesn't know why.

Either way, the past is done and gone. He is going to find his Godfather and bail him out and is going to become an Animagus like his father and Godfather and finally become strong to kill Voldemort as cruelly as possible.

Voldemort is going to experience every second of pain Harry himself experienced in his childhood because of the Dursleys and even in the Castle when he came here in the first and second years.

Scene Break

As the classes started Harry settled well in the Castle. He chose the electives to go through for his 3rd year. In addition to the Core subjects of Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, History of Magic, Herbology, DADA and Astronomy he should take 2 or more electives.

The choices were Divination, Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Study of Ancient Runes and Muggle Studies he took 3 subjects.

Harry is not interested in Divination as an according to him if the stupid prophecy was not made, then he would have his parents. He is not going to waste his time on something useless and worthless unless you are a real seer, from what he knows about himself doesn't include being a seer and the book his mother wrote about the requirements for that subject agrees with him. He dropped it when he was asked to send his electives choice.

As for Arithmancy, Arithmancy was a more accurate (or at least more accepted) way of predicting the future, similar to an obscure but existing hobby of numerology, the belief that number patterns existing in real life could be calculated to give information regarding the future.

It is full of equations and such and Harry had a good liking for them when he read them in his mother's notes and chose them. It is taught by Professor Septima Vector.

Ancient Runes was a mostly theoretical subject that studied the ancient runic scripts of magic. It is used in rituals and in ward making. Both fields he wanted to be exceptional in. The former is for learning what all the rituals are about and the latter as it is one of his family's specialities. This is taught by Professor Bathsheda Babbling.

As for Care of Magical Creatures, he wanted to know about different magical creatures not only as just a subject and elective, but all the rituals he is going to perform or already performed has something related to them.

He wanted to know more about the creatures which he is using and although the book clearly explains their usage in the particular ritual, he wanted to know more about them in general and Hagrid being the Professor for it is certainly a good thing which made him take the subject as well.

As for muggle studies, he is not interested in them. He is already registered in a High School in the muggle world as per the recommendations of Ted.

He is going to pass out of High School and do his graduation in the muggle world as well as the Magical one. As a person who is raised by Muggles, he knew everything about their technology and how to use them as well.

He doesn't need a subject especially dedicated to learning that. So he didn't take it. He went to sleep after thinking some more about his muggle studies and classes tomorrow.

Scene Break

That Weekend

The week passed quickly and Hagrid's class went well as he introduced a Hippogriff, Buckbeak to the class. Harry took it with the puffs. They are good to him and apologised to him for their behaviour last year, after some consideration, Harry forgave them and told them not to repeat.

He heard that Draco had tried to stand up against Buckbeak, not heeding Hagrid's warning and according to rumours, Draco was 'attacked' by the Hippogriff and vowed to tell his father about this and get the 'filthy bird' executed. Harry laughed at that.

'He can't stand against the simplest of creatures and he calls himself superior to all of them because he is pure blood,' thought Harry with a sigh.

He needs to change some things in school to protect Hogwarts from inside and out. He is going to think of a way to change them for good in the future.

Tomorrow they have a combined class of DADA, the first class of his father's friend Remus Lupin. Lupin didn't approach or talk to Harry even once after school had started.

Harry couldn't understand why. Because from his mother's diary, his father was the one who befriended Lupin in their first year as he was a meek child back then.

But by the way, Lupin was behaving, Harry knew he felt guilty for not being for him, but to not even talk is going too far in his view. He chose to stay silent as well and continued with his work.

Next Day

DADA Classroom

All houses have assembled in the DADA class to get their first lecture from the new professor. Remus Lupin came out of his quarters when the bell rang.

Lupin smiled vaguely and placed his tatty old briefcase on the teacher's desk. He was as shabby as ever but looked healthier than he had on the train, as though he had had a few square meals. "Good afternoon," he said.

"Would you please put all your books back in your bags? Today will be a practical lesson. You will need only your wands." He said and everyone did as told.

A few curious looks were exchanged as the class put away their books. They never had a practical Defense Against the Dark Arts class before unless you counted the memorable class last year when that peacock had brought a cageful of pixies to class and set them loose.

"Right then, please follow me," said Professor Lupin, when everyone was ready.

They went to the staff room after an encounter with Peeves and Snape, who bullied Neville. It had a shaking wardrobe in the middle.

"Today we are gonna learn about Boggarts." Said Professor Lupin, gesturing to the cupboard. The class had curious looks as they didn't hear about them.

"Can anyone tell me about Boggarts and what they look like?" Asked Lupin. Before Harry could answer, Hermoine started answering.

Ron was confused because of her sudden appearance as he asked when did she come to everyone. Harry got suspicious of this. He knew Hermoine didn't come with them to the class, her appearance was very suspicious as well.

He thought of investigating that later and listened to what was being said seriously.

"That was correct, Ms Granger. I want you to be calm when I open it, say Riddikulus, pointing your wand at it." Concluded Lupin and went to the shaking wardrobe.

Neville went first and his Boggart took the form of Snape. As the greasy Professor walked out, Lupin whispered something into his ear and Neville said the incantation.

Snape's robes changed into Neville's grandmother's with a red handbag. All the class laughed. One by one did, Parvati's was Mummy, Padma's was a wildfire, Terry's was a large Scorpion and so on.

"Excellent! Ron, you next!" Said Lupin in excitement and Ron leapt forward. As soon he stepped in front of it, it changed.

Crack! Quite a few people screamed. A giant spider, six feet tall was advancing on Ron, clicking its pincers menacingly. For a moment, Harry thought Ron had frozen.

Then - "Riddikulus!" bellowed Ron, and the spider's legs vanished; it rolled over and over, Lavender Brown squealed and ran out of its way and it came to a halt at Harry's feet. He raised his wand, ready, but-

"Here!" shouted Professor Lupin suddenly, hurrying forward.

Crack! The legless spider had vanished. For a second, everyone looked wildly around to see where it was. Then they saw a silvery-white orb hanging in the air in front of Lupin, who said, "Riddikulus!" almost lazily.

Crack! "Forward, Neville, and finish him off!" said Lupin as the Boggart landed on the floor like a cockroach. Crack! Snape was back. This time Neville charged forward-looking determined.

"Riddikulus!" he shouted, and they had a split second's view of Snape in his lacy dress before Neville let out a great "Ha!" of laughter, and the Boggart exploded, burst into a thousand tiny wisps of smoke, and was gone.

"Excellent!" cried Professor Lupin as the class broke into applause. "Excellent, Neville. Well done, everyone… Let me see… five points to Gryffindor for every person to tackle the Boggart — ten for Neville because he did it twice… and five each to Hermione and Harry." Said Professor Lupin in joy.

"But I didn't do anything," protested Harry with narrowed eyes. He was irritated that the professor did not let him face Boggart.

"I saw you were about to answer my question before Hermione answered at the start of the class, Harry," Lupin said lightly.

"Very well, everyone, an excellent lesson. Homework, kindly read the chapter on Boggarts and summarize it for me… to be handed in on Monday. That will be all." Said Professor Lupin and dispersed the class.

Harry stayed back. "Professor Lupin." Lupin turned. "Yes, Harry?"

"Why didn't you let me face the Boggart?" He asked with narrowed eyes.

Lupin looked at the boy who once called him unca' Moony. He was standing tall, looking so much like James without glasses and having Lily's eyes. He also noted that he had high cheekbones of his grandmother, Dorea Potter. His emerald eyes were narrowed like Charlus Potter.

The previous day, he had seen Harry form a corporeal Patronus! A fully corporeal Patronus at 13! He was so proud. He wanted to tell Harry that he and James were friends but could not muster the courage to do so.

"I did not want Lord Voldemort appearing in my class if there was a chance that you remembered him in your subconscious." He answered Harry's question. The boy looked at him with a scrutinizing stare before nodding. Harry thanked him for the class and left.

Though he is curious about what his boggart would look like, Harry can understand the threat of reappearance Voldemort poses to the class and went silently.

He thought of seeing it in private asking Hogwarts to help to get a Boggart.

Scene Break

Days went by and 2 weeks had passed and all the students began to understand that the new Harry Potter is different from the scrawny and innocent boy they saw and bullied past 2 years. This Harry was reserved and indifferent.

He won't comment unless anyone did and when he did, people started to learn how harsh and cold he could be if he wanted to. He lost 200 points for Ravenclaw from Snape as Snape is Snape and McGonagall, as she always assumed him to be the culprit.

But he also gained 450 points for Ravenclaw in other classes because of foreknowledge and quick thinking.

Harry gave Ron and Hermione quite an experience when they called him out after Transfiguration class.

Flashback Begin

Harry was on his way to his dorm as he didn't have any class after Transfiguration for some time and decided to read more about Animagus forms as the book was very interesting. He was alone as Terry and Padma went to the library to catch up to him in studies.

He was stopped by 2 familiar faces in an empty corridor. Harry was ready to take his wand and stun them if they tried anything funny, especially Ron.

"Harry, mate, wait," called Ron as he ran towards Harry. Harry stopped and turned to Ron.

"Yes, Ronald. What can I do for you?" He asked as he waited for Ron to continue.

"Well, um," Ron stuttered when Hermoine jumped in.

"Harry, can we talk to you in private?" She asked and they walked into a near empty classroom.

"Yes, Hermione,"

"Well, Harry. It is not good!"

"What is not good. You should be more specific,"

"You changing houses is."

"Oh, is it not? Then do tell why," Harry asked with sarcasm.

"Look, I know our housemates did a small mistake by abandoning you, but you shouldn't be like that to them. They did their best, but in the end, they couldn't help you, you could have asked for help-" she was cut off before continuing by Harry.

"Oh, I didn't know I'm at fault here for not asking help, Hermione. Tell me, aren't you petrified? Who told you that I didn't ask for help nor did they explicitly blame me for your petrification as well. Didn't you tell her, Ronald?" he asked with a glare to Ron, who was eating some chocolate he took from his pocket.

Suddenly being involved made him straighten in shock and an expression of deer caught in headlights came to his face. Harry glared at him and Hermione gave him a disappointed look. Ron gulped.

"Um, Ya." he squeaked out.

"See, he is in his own world when we are discussing an important matter. I don't know who told you that I didn't ask for help, Hermione. But I'm telling you this, that house can change colours at the drop of a hat.

I suggest you be careful and keep your distance from them and him. You are more of a friend to me than Ron, Hermione. I wish you both a good day," he said and walked away. The last one he whispered in her ear so that Ron couldn't hear it.

"Ah, Hermione?" asked Ron cluelessly. Hermione sighed.

"Leave him for the time being, Ron. I'm going to the library," she said and left. She couldn't believe what Harry told her. Professor Dumbledore has told her that Harry didn't ask anyone for help. But when she heard the truth she was shattered.

How can the house of Lions abandon their own? Did Dumbledore lie to her? If he did, then what is the reason? Is her trust in the authoritative figures misplaced? These are some of the questions that went through her mind as she went to the library. The trust she had in the authority figures cracked a bit that day.

Flashback End

After that incident, Hermione left Harry alone, Ron didn't dare ask him anything and he was not going to look for a gift horse in the mouth and continued his studies happily.

The next week passed peacefully and Harry was thankful that none of the students seemed much interested in his life and Snape is as usual, mean to him and did everything in his power to deduct as many house points as possible, but to his dismay, Harry would gain them back in other classes and the greasy bat would just seeth silently.

It has been a week since Lupin was acting differently and Harry knew the reason. The full moon is approaching and Lupin is showing signs of it. The signs are not obvious to everyone, only a person who can feel magic can see the changes and Harry knew if Lupin was absent because of Full Moon, then they would get a new DADA professor for the time being.

Not that Lupin is a bad Professor, he is far from it. He is the first DADA professor who taught something useful in the time Harry had studied at Hogwarts.

In just the first week, he taught them about most of the syllabus of the first 2 years as a revision and then he started teaching them about different jinxes and curses.

The fact is that the man is so well-tuned with the subject that it came naturally to him was a boon to them as well. Soon, it is the day of the full moon and Harry noticed Lupin missing. Harry was waiting for what he would do without a professor when the doors banged open and surprising everyone, Snape came to replace Lupin.

Snape came in with a loud bang of the door and started shutting all the windows, making the room dark. He started the magical projector and started his textbook explanation.

"Turn to page 394," said Snape in a cold tone as he walked towards the projector and started starting it. Harry was irritated by the topic the greasy bastard had chosen to teach.

"But Sir, we have just started learning about red caps and inky punks and we are not supposed to start nocturnal for weeks," said Hermione, appearing out of nowhere beside Harry.

Harry knew she came out of nowhere because of her magic. He knew that feeling. It is caused when someone uses a Time-Turner. He finally cracked it.

So Hermione somehow got her hands on a time turner and is using it to study all classes. He got a wide smile at that.

'A cunning move, worthy of praise. So she is using Time Turner as well. No point in holding back then,' thought Harry as he is not using his Time-Turner to study, instead, he is using it for his muggle studies.

With the help of his Time-Turner, he managed to master flying and can fly at the speed of his Nimbus 2000. He felt something coming towards him and dodged it.

"10 points from Ravenclaw for not paying attention in class," drawled Snape and continued his droning about Werewolves.

Malfoy in an attempt to rile him up threw a paper rocket at him. Harry saw an opportunity in this and used his wand and redirected the rocket.

Harry sent the rocket towards an unsuspecting Snape who is droning about Werewolves. He turned suddenly and the rocket hit him directly in the middle of his throat. Harry discreetly whispered.

"Loqui Imperium''

His head snapped towards Harry and an expression that Harry could not identify came to his face and he started to scowl soon.

"That will be 50 points from Rav...Slytherin," said Snape, much to everyone's surprise in the class. Snape himself was terrified. He cleared his throat and tried again.

"That will be 50 points from R... Slytherin," he closed his mouth immediately. He didn't know what happened that made him deduct 100 points from his precious house.

He turned to Harry in outrage, but Harry just maintained a neutral expression. He launched a probe into Harry's mind but instead of going, it backfired at himself and he got a big headache.

"Cla...class dismissed. An essay of Werewolves and ho-," he croaked out, couldn't continue and was unable to speak properly anymore because of the headache.

The topic of werewolves was left unfinished as he just showed images of them and didn't move forward.

The students rushed out of the class of the ugly bat and dispersed to their other classes. Rumours started about Slytherin losing 100 points and his Snape did it. Some suggested Snape was ill and some argued he was acting to gain trust. As if the bat would do something like that.

Harry had the most fun. The spell he used is in the Chamber of Secrets. It is a miniature version of the Imperius curse. Instead of controlling a person's mind, it will control a person's speech, changing them to what the caster desires.

It can be preset to some conditions and the best part is no one can remove it except the caster no matter how hard they try. It is classified as a dark curse and was removed from the Hogwarts library during the 1600s.

Harry watched in satisfaction when Snape tried to deduct points from other houses for useless and silly reasons, his House lost points. Harry had programmed some commands into it.

First is no deduction to other houses unless there is a valid reason and he knew Snape doesn't deduct points for any valid reasons.

No matter how much Snape tried, he can't deduct points from other houses, but instead, it reflects to him and his house points will be deducted.

The second one being there is going to be no detentions with Snape to Harry whatsoever. No, he is not going to spend a minute more than what is required with that stuck up grease ball.

And the final one is exclusive to Malfoy. Whenever Snape tries to bail Malfoy out from any situation, it will backfire and he will send him to detention with that Professor, from whom he is trying to bail Malfoy out.

Harry laughed maniacally, imagining the face of a certain grease ball trying to prepare a Potion to cure his throat pain. 'Oh, the look on his face when he finds out that the Potion can't cure his problems,' thought Harry and with one last laugh, he went to his classes.

Harry had so many other plans for the man who had made his life hard in Hogwarts in the last 2 years because of a childish grudge he had on a dead man. A DEAD MAN.

He is going to make Snape's life a memorable joke in the history of Hogwarts. Soon he slept, dreaming about the million ways he can take his sweet revenge on the greasy bat, a content smile on his face.

He calmed himself down and cleared his mind. He kept his emotions in check and reviewed the plan he had for the year.

He wants to join the Ravenclaw Quidditch team as the new Seeker.

He wants to get his share from the publishers who published Harry Potter book series without his permission.

He wants to bail his Godfather out of Azkaban and free him of all the false charges. He knew the man was innocent from his mother's diary and knew that the Wizengamot wouldn't accept it as sufficient evidence.

Harry knew well that to prove his Godfather's innocence, he needed Peter Pettigrew. The rat-man hid himself well from the eyes of the Wizarding world. He had a spell that would be perfect for Pettigrew. He rained in his anger and calmed himself down. He thought about the situation once again.

'Ok, Harry. Think. You have 2 objectives, first is to find Sirius before he does something stupid and gets a Dementor kiss and the next is to find Pettigrew. Sirius will come to Hogwarts. I can find him then, but when would it be?' Then like a proverbial light bulb it struck him.

'Halloween. That's when. So Sirius will be here on Halloween. I must hide him before he is seen and find Pettigrew. First of all, I should prepare for my trials on the weekend,' thought Harry and went to sleep. Preparing himself mentally.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you have liked it. Tell me, what do you think of the chapter and story in general.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

17