Hair Scheme Bodyguard
434 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the Next Chapter of Broken Shackles. Hope you share your feedback with me.

You can read next 2 chapters of Broken Shackles and join the Discord Server now through my Patron page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me by buying me a coffee for all the work I put in publishing all the stories and get access to the Discord server as well by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

A special thanks to my Beta, Theseus-Theo for his help.

Tell whether his beta-reading is helping the story or not. Did you find any difference pre and post his help in the story in your reviews.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Familiar/ Ghosts /Goblins" talking.

'Familiar/ Ghosts/ Goblins' thinking.

'Parseltonguewill/memories'

"Spell" is being used.

Enjoy.

Broken Shackles

Chapter 18

Hair Scheme Bodyguard

With Harry

"Calm down, Harry. I know it's frustrating, but lashing on those poor things won't bring anything," Mira said, playing a soothing melody in Harry's mind.

It managed to calm down his raging mind and the Slytherin ring glowed a faint blue, which took care of the rest of his frustration.

Harry started breathing deeply to get his mind settled and calm down and after a few minutes of breathing, he opened his eyes, the eerie green light was missing in them.

"Who, Mira? Who needs a 13 year old dead? I know uncle Tommy always wants me dead, but he is not exactly active and strong to be pursuing me. He is just a walking wraith, Mira. He couldn't even touch anyone, to be honest. Who else wants me killed? What do they get if they kill me?" Harry asked in a dejected tone.

"You are the Heir to the Noble House Potter, Harry. There might be some enemies or people with grudges against your House. It's been for long," Mira explained.

Harry thought about it. Though his mind is not completely calmed down to work because of the emotional part, he started thinking.

Yes, he had been targeted in the past and almost lost life on many occasions. But Harry felt this situation was different from all those.

"Yes. Then you have people with you. People who supported you. Who always wished for your good. People who wanted to help you. But you have people today as well. More people if I dare say. But they are not that close to help you. They will help you, only if you let them," Mira said, reading Harry's thoughts.

"Take me for example. I came here a few hours ago to protect you. That's only possible because of our Familiar-Master bond. What if we don't have the bond. Could I be able to come here from America in an instant? No. I can't. Because of the bond we share, I was able to.

You changed for good, Harry. But the experience that made you change made you keep people at distance. Take Terry and Padma for example. They love you and like to be with you. But can you tell me any moment among you three that you can relate to or exceed the friendship you had with Ronald and Hermione?"

She went silent, giving time for Harry to think. Harry thought about it. Terry and Padma are good friends. In all things they did together, nothing is as dangerous or adventurous as what he did with Ron and Hermione.

They may be difficult to handle sometimes. They did come to his aid in most cases. He can see the differences now.

In the past, he was an easy to manipulate, good-hearted golden boy, who listened to his friends and lost his own will. At the same time, he trusted his friends, his first friends wholeheartedly.

In the present, he took a neutral path, keeping everything and everyone at distance and taking everything in with a grain of salt. And does what he likes.

Which is better, he can't decide. Which approach is suited for him, neither? If the prior path fit him, he wouldn't be in Raven's nest now.

If the latter fits, he wouldn't be frustrated and mind jumbled like this. The path for him is somewhere in between. He is going to change things.

"Remember, Harry. You don't need to do everything alone. You can take help from others if you can't do it alone. I am always ready to help you, Harry," Mira said and Harry realised something.

In the past, he opened his heart to the 2 first friends he made. That's why they are valuable to him. Now, he didn't open anything important to them.

Even poor Cho for that matter. She even promised him to keep everything a secret just to be with him. Tears started to roll down his cheeks. The extent of his actions catching up to him.

"Thank you, Mira. If it wasn't for you, I might have destroyed the whole area and shouted like an idiot," Harry said with a happy smile.

"Aye, Master. I can't have a stuck up prick as my master, can I?" Mira said with a scaly smile which made Harry nod in agreement.

In Hogwarts

"So Harry left for his relatives' house?" Dumbledore asked the shabby man in front of him.

"Yes, Headmaster. From what I gathered from his friends, Harry was in high spirits, while going alone to the Hogsmead station," Lupin explained.

"That's a great improvement, Remus. I didn't think he like to go to his relatives this much in just 6 months. Maybe last summer changed him." Dumbledore said, stroking his beard.

"I can't believe Harry was so talented, Headmaster. He is different and has in-depth mastery of every spell he uses. He has a great future in DADA, sir," he said proudly.

"It's fine to open up, Remus. It's only us," Dumbeldore said, patting the man on his shoulder.

"I thank you for giving me this opportunity, Dumbledore. Though I want to stand with him, I can't. I need to catch Sirius and bring him to justice. It's all because of him. That bastard. How could he do that? Even after all this time, I can't forgive him for what happened." Remus said with emotion.

It's been far too long for him to shoulder this burden. Though he tried to suppress this many times, he can't fully get over it.

"Sirius's attempt didn't seem threatening, Remus. From my guess, he just wants to see Harry. I don't think we know the whole truth to judge him." Dumbledore said in a sombre tone.

"What do you mean by that? Do you think Sirius is not guilty? Not guilty for helping HIM? Not guilty for killing Pettigrew? Not guilty for killing all those innocent muggles?" Lupin asked in rage.

"Calm down, Remus. I'm not suggesting any of that. We don't know what actually happened in Godric's Hollow on that night. If we find Sirius before the Ministry, we could ask for that information and decide from what actually happened." Dumbledore said calmly.

Lupin was not keen on anything above. But there is a small speck of hope in his heart that wanted everything Dumbledore said to be true.

"I'll be taking my leave, Headmaster. Have a sound sleep." Lupin said and left Dumbledore, unable to control his rampant emotions.

Even his Werewolf side agreed with his heart in this matter. The other Marauders helped him a lot during his time at Hogwarts. So he can't bear hearing Sirius killed his other friends. But there is still hope. If what Dumbledore suggested is true, then he must find Sirius or catch him when he comes here again.

Lupin did not doubt Sirius's return. Out of the 4 of them, Sirius liked Harry the most. Everyone would heartily laugh when Harry was happy.

'I'm sorry that I didn't tell you anything about my relation to your father, Harry. I promise, as soon as I find Sirius, I'll share everything with you,' Lupin vowed as he entered his room.

With Harry

In No.4 Privet Drive, a family was shaking in fear as the undesirable 'boy' came back to their house. They still remembered that dirty freak punishing them and bringing another freakish short animal to punish them.

Vernon started counting all the money he paid and if he did it correctly. He doesn't want to be at the end of that freak's punishment again.

"Daddy, do you think we will be punished again?" Dudley, who was now half his size asked.

In the last few months, he had to do many things but eat to keep up with the payment they had to make to his freak cousin.

Though the thought of revolt came to his mind, it ran its tail between its legs when he remembered how brutal his cousin could be. He pitied his poor aunt for what happened. But didn't say anything.

He got in shape and even started studying as he wanted to settle scores with his cousin in his studies. He is not fairing that well, but there is an improvement.

"Daddy, do you think he will punish us again?" Dudley asked again, shaking his father. They are in his room on his bed as Harry slept in his parent's room.

"No, Dudley dear. I'm sure I will help you," Petunia said, hugging her son. Due to her work demanding strength, Petunia had grown in the last few months.

She now has considerable fat and muscle instead of her once skinny bones. Her face gained a few extra pounds as well, though her terrified expression showed her fear.

They were having an excellent dinner after a long day when her sister's son barged in. He went into their bedroom and his disgusting pet came and took half of the meal with him.

It gave them a look that made them shiver in fear and they didn't object to anything. After completing the remaining meal, they all settled in Dudley's room to hide.

"Agh, what happened? Where am I?" They heard their relative speak and huddled under a blanket.

"Dobby," Harry called, unable to recognise his surroundings.

"Did master Harry call for Dobby?" He asked as he pooped beside Harry.

"Is this Tonks house?" Harry asked as he had never been to their bedrooms.

"No, Master Harry. It is your 'relatives' house," Dobby said with venom as he gazed at Dudley's room.

"My relative's house you say. Why did I come here? I wanted to go to Tonks house,"

"Yes, Master Harry. But Miss Mira dropped you here after you fell asleep and asked for dinner after coming here." Dobby explained.

"Your luggage was in Tonks house, Master Harry,"

"Ah, ok. I'll be leaving then. Vernon." Harry called loudly.

In Dudley's Room

"Father, he is calling you," Dudley said in fear.

"I can hear it, duds. Should I go?" Vernon asked his family. While Dudley disagreed, Petunia reluctantly nodded.

"I'll be back soon," Vernon said bravely and walked towards the door. As he neared it, his bravado vanished bit by bit.

"Mom, what is this about? Dad didn't pay this month's pay?" Dudley asked a shaking Petunia.

"Everything will be alright, Duddys. Don't worry about it." Petunia assured him and silently waited for Vernon to return.

With Harry

Harry saw the fat turned slim man walk towards him, fear in his eyes and shake in his step. Harry knew why Vernon was afraid. As he approached, he spoke in a frightened tone.

"I'm sorry. I will pay you this month and next month's payment next month." Vernon said, his whole body shaking in anticipation of an attack.

"That's fine. I'll let it go for this month. Why don't you enjoy yourself with others? Christmas is coming, so use the money for that. And Merry Christmas." Harry said and went down to eat something.

'Did he, did he just forgive me and told me to spend all the money for Christmas?' Vernon thought in shock. He didn't think his freakish nephew had a speck of kindness in him after his 'change'.

But it seems he was wrong. Somehow kindness is still present in him and Vernon was gifted today by that kindness. He hurriedly made his way to Petunia and Dudley to share the good news.

"Dudley! We have extra money to spend this month." Vernon said happily, though it was not loud, it was heard by Dudley and his face lit in joy.

"Vernon, didn't we spend most of it on Marge's treatment?" Petunia asked and Vernon shushed her.

"Quite, Petunia. I didn't say that to him. But he generously cancelled this month's payment and told me to celebrate Christmas." He said with joy.

"Christmas? It's this month? Oh, Jesus. I forgot about it. How much is left for us to celebrate?"

"Around £2000 if we add the bonus I get for Christmas." He chirped with a wide smile.

"That's a lot. We can enjoy it thoroughly. How about going on a vacation, far away from this place and enjoying it for once?" Petunia said with a dreamy look.

"Consider it done, dear. I'll make all the arrangements and we are going on a vacation somewhere." Vernon said with a smile. Dudley jumped in joy.

His decreased weight didn't make much impact on the floor and didn't disturb Harry as well.

"Let's pack. We have many things to do," they decided and hurried in all directions to pack. After a few minutes of packing, Vernon went down to pick something.

"Uncle, wherever you go, you are going to say nothing about our agreement or try to escape from it and if anyone asks, you are going to say I was with you, is that clear?" Though Harry said it casually, Vernon knew it was an order, and what made it dangerous is Harry said it with a straight face while eating a slice of bread.

Vernon was horrified to hear Harry behind him and nodded without any words and moved to find what he came for.

Harry ate and after a satisfying meal, went to the room he slept in to see if he missed anything and found none. He smiled in satisfaction and prepared to leave.

"Ok, dear relatives. Enjoy your vacation and tell everyone I was with you. If I find anything suspicious, you know what happens." Harry said with a smile and they nodded with a gulp.

"I'll be going then. Enjoy. See ya," he said and left for Tonks' house in muggle transport. He liked how they moved. Though they are not efficient as magical means, at least they don't create much ruckus.

After talking to Mira, he realized a few things and tried to change from within. He knew every word she said was true.

He started putting people at distance and talking with them distantly. That's the difference between his friendship with Ron, Hermione and Terry, Padma. They are just different.

He is going to rectify his mistakes while at the same time making sure he is safe and everyone he calls dear is safe. No more chances for Uncle Voldy.

As Harry moved through the street to change the bus, he saw a fancy story and thought of buying Christmas gifts for everyone.

He bought a few and decided to buy the rest with Tonks' family as he is going to enjoy Christmas with them this year.

Tonks House

Harry noticed a visible change in Tonks's house. It was expanded and now houses one more floor and a few more rooms.

As he knocked on the door, the man of the house, Ted, came to receive him. "Harry, welcome. We are waiting for you." Ted said as he welcomed Harry.

"Sorry, I accidentally went to my relative's house and it was late to come here," Harry said with a sheepish smile. Ted smiled at that.

"Nothing to worry about, Harry. Dobby already arranged your luggage. Welcome. Come in." He widened the door and Harry walked in with a smile.

"I didn't believe what Dora said and had to ask her to pinch me. She pinched hard and I came to reality and started making arrangements."

"What made you increase your home size? It was good enough before." Harry asked as they walked through wide corridors now.

"Let me show you around and we can talk as we move," Ted suggested and Harry nodded. They moved across the house, going through every change.

Ted also explained why all the changes were made and honestly agreed that the money came from his case. Harry nodded in appreciation at his honesty.

"It looks great, Ted. Where is my room then?"

"Try to find out. Lunch will be ready in a few hours and we can discuss everything else after lunch." He said with a pat on Harry's shoulder and left him to his devices.

"Oh, Tonks was on a pranking streak. So be careful with and around her." He said with a mischievous smile as he turned a corner. Harry didn't feel good after hearing that.

He does have some work to do during the holidays, but that was on the day before and on Christmas. So they can wait.

He doesn't know what Ted had planned about Sirius and what he found about any loophole for illegal Animagus, so understanding he has nothing to do, he went on a room search.

"Did everything go as per plan, Daddy?" Dora asked as she hid behind a door like structure.

"Yes, Dora. Why are you doing this, if I may ask?" Ted asked in a stern tone but with a proud smile.

"Just to get back at him. He did some things he shouldn't and went far beyond the line. So it's my comeback." She said, her face changing into a cat's smile.

"Anything for my adorable Dora. But if this causes a mess, you are going to clean it. I'm not responsible for anything and if Andromeda asks, I know nothing." Ted said as he walked back to his room.

"Chickening out on me? No problem. My plan will be successful and I also have enough enchanted cameras to give me enough ammo." Said Dora and laughed maniacally.

But her attempts to laugh happily were interrupted by a sudden dread and when she turned around, she came face to face with not much pleased Andromeda.

"Mom?" She asked in a low tone and when her mother's expression didn't change she made a run for it.

"Ah, I just remembered, I have an appointment with Purple pants, uh, now. So bye," Dora ran away from her mother. Seeing her not follow she sighed in relief.

She continued running and coincidentally, she went in the same way Harry was on and bumped into the Potter boy.

Few Minutes Ago

Harry carefully walked through all the corridors with a cautious look as being extra careful doesn't hurt. He escaped many traps and should give props to Dora for coming with all these. He knew she is the culprit.

He escaped a giant paintball thing, then there are glitters waiting for him and after that came some powder and when Harry tried it on his finger, it itched.

That sensation didn't leave him yet. He saw a large pool of paint in front of him and was carefully moving around it to avoid it when something slammed into him.

Definitely a person. They pushed Harry and he fell into the paint pool with the person following his lead.

"Ugh. Who the hell pushed me!" Harry said angrily and tried to see, but paint blocked his eyes and before it could come into his eyes, he shut them.

"Not this one." Harry heard a female voice and after clearing paint from his eyes, he turned to see a colourful Tonks trying her best to get rid of the paint.

He saw where she was going and tried to warn her. "Look where you are going. Don't-" Harry's voice was interrupted by a bucket with many feathers falling down.

They are from many animals and Harry saw some chicken, crow, and Hippogriff feathers among others. As his eyes roamed up, he saw Tonks.

She was filled with odd skin paint and had all feathers in various places on her body. If he was honest, he would be laughing his ass out looking at her.

But due to his Occlumency shields, Harry didn't laugh. He looked at her with pity and a small smile came to his face. He now has proof of who the orchestrator of this stunt was.

"What are you laughing at, Potter!" Tonks asked angrily.

"Honestly, pinky, how many times will you be the victim of your joke?" He asked with a teasing smirk.

"Rich coming from you, why did you jump into the paint pool?" She asked with a huff.

"I swear, Dora. How many times should I tell you… to… stop-" came the thundering voice of Andromeda as she walked into the hallway.

"Hahahahahahaha," she started laughing uncontrollably as she saw Harry and Tonks state. Covered from head to toe in paint and her daughter even has feathers.

"What happened, Andro-?" Ted cut himself off as he put his hand to his mouth as if he was in shock.

"Don't act, father," Tonks said with a huff.

"What are you two laughing at? Aren't you going to help us?" Harry asked. Ted and Andromeda hurried to help them out.

"Sorry, here, take my hand," Ted gave his hand to Harry while Andromeda helped Tonks. Harry and Tonks stretched their hands to take help.

But as if planned, they pushed the Tonks couple into the paint pool as well. This sent paint across the neat hallway. Harry and Tonks started laughing at them.

"Serves them right!" Tonks said and Harry nodded.

"Sorry, guys. But Tonks forced me to do this." Harry said, giving a disappointing glance to Tonks. Her hair turned red.

"You lying Potter. I'll see your end!" She proclaimed and lunged at him. Harry didn't have much time to react as she pushed both of them into the paint pool again.

Andromeda and Ted laughed heartily though they themselves were fully covered in paint. All of them laughed and had a hearty laugh at Dora's failed stunt. Tonks huffed at their teasing and ran to clean herself.

"Laugh, laugh. Let me tell you, this paint will stick to you if it is fully dried and won't go off for a few days. Now laugh." She said with her tongue stuck out and ran to clean herself.

Harry and Andromeda had easily caught what Tonks said and hurried to clean themselves while Ted looked at them in confusion.

"Harry, your room was on the first floor to the left. You'll see it at the far corner. All your belongings are there." Andromeda said as she returned to take her goofy husband who was still laughing.

Harry ran towards the said bedroom as he climbed the stairs, he came face to face with the perpetrator. Harry knew she was going to her room as she just passed her.

They had a standoff after which Harry ran to his room to clean the paint and after bumping into a few things, Tonks also went into her room.

Harry didn't have the luxury to look at his room as he ran directly into the bathroom and started cleaning the paint. 'Damn it's hard to remove.'

After an hour-long effort to remove all the paint, Harry met Ted and Andromeda relaxing in the dining area.

"Ah, Harry. Did you clean it off?" Ted asked as he read the Prophet.

"Yes. It was sticky, but I pulled it off. I pity Tonks. She had feathers in addition to the paint and I can only imagine how hard it would be for her."

"Dora! Eat lunch here." Andromeda yelled at a stealing Tonks who is trying to sneak out with some food.

"Fine."

"What's with the bird nest, Tonks? Are you trying to learn something?" Harry asked, trying his best to control his laughter.

"What's that, brat? Is it some joke you are trying to pull?"

"Says who?"

"Ok, you two, calm down. Eat lunch first." Andromeda said and both Harry and Tonks followed without protest.

Though Harry was not part of their family, his past interactions and his recent letters made him one. Ted and Andromeda had a very high opinion of Potter Heir.

His attitude, the way he handles things, his concern for his loved ones and his shrewdness to get what he wanted all impressed the Tonks couple.

When Tonks said he considered them dear, they were elated. They wanted to reciprocate it and so came to a decision.

'Soon, Harry. I promise you won't regret coming to us for your case and considering us dear to you,' Andromeda thought as she watched Tonks and Harry bicker.

Meanwhile

Somewhere in the Ministry of Magic

Cornelius Fudge, the current Minister of Magic is a wise man who wants to do things that benefit everyone. He is a man of honour and one who fights for everyone. At least, that's what he considers himself to be.

He was currently on his way to meet his long time friend and trustee, Lucius Malfoy. Lord Malfoy always gives him ideas that help him maintain his popularity among the masses.

He is in dire need of one as his handling of Sirius Black's escape is not favoured by his fellow wizards and witches and his ratings soared.

To add fuel to fire, some loose mouth idiot leaked about the Dementor attack on Harry Potter in Hogwarts and he was called to resign.

He needs something that helps him rebuild his reputation and get into the good graces of his people. Lucius was his best option for that.

"Lucius, it's been long. How are you doing?" Fudge asked as he saw Lucius waiting for him.

"I'm doing well, Minister. What can I do for you?" Lucius asked, coming straight to the point. Fudge looked around. After making sure no one was listening, he opened his heart.

"You know how everything is going downhill for me, I want something that can pull me up from my situation. I want something that puts me in a favourable light in this Harry Potter mess." Fudge said.

'Harry Potter! I would kill that half breed bastard. How dare he mock me. I'll-' an idea came to Lucius's mind at that moment and he smiled darkly in his mind.

"There is a solution, Minister. But I don't think Madam Bones will agree to this." He said in a disappointed tone. Fudge's hopes rose at that.

"Don't say like that, Lucius. I'll make sure this will come into action at any cost. If it brings my popularity back, I'll do it." Fudge assured Lucius with confidence.

"Catch Sirius Black. It's as simple as that, Minister. I know what you are going to say. You are searching. I know you are searching. But you didn't put your full resources into it. Advertise about him in muggle news as well. Increase the search party. Comb through every inch of the country.

I know it might cost you, but I'll be willing to fund half the cost. If you manage the other half, you can start the operation. Update everything you find to the public. You may think this might not work, but trust me, Minister. It will." Lucius explained and Fudge's eyes were ready to pop.

"Excellent, Lucius. I'll make sure everything you said is put into action. Let me know anything you want." Fudge said in joy. He is going to get his ratings back and will be known as the best Minister of Magic in history. He will find Sirius Black at all costs and prosecute him. He will be the-

"Minister. If possible, let me know where Mr Potter is living. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for his safety." Lucius said in a sweet tone.

"You are such a humble man, Lucius. You are doing me a great favour. I'll send you where he is as soon as we find it. Let me know if you need anything else."

"Have a great day, Minister."

"You too, Lucius." Fudge said as he hurried to his office to start Lucius's plan into action.

'Potter! I'll make sure your precious Dogfather was found and executed. How dare you mock me. You'll see what happens when you mess with a Malfoy!' Lucius thought as he left the Ministry.

DMLE Office

"I want Mr Potter found soon, Madam Bones. You know how serious the situation is. I want to find that mass murderer soon. Here are some methods I came up with. They are the best methods I could come up with, if you can add something, it would be all better.

I'm increasing the funding to find Sirius Black. Send more Aurors on this mission. This is a high priority job I want it to be done as soon as possible. People are losing trust in us, Madam Bones. Make sure he is found." Fudge said optimistically, surprising Madam Bones.

"But sir, everything is alright. Mr Potter is out of Hogwarts with his family, probably enjoying the holidays. Doing anything like this might not put us in a good light." She argued. Fudge thought for a minute.

"Then find him and explain the situation. I know he can understand. He is the Hero of the country, Madam Bones. He will agree." Fudge said with confidence.

"Madam Bones, Auror Shacklebolt reporting. Harry Potter is out of the country with his relatives on a vacation. His neighbours testified to the evidence." Kingsley barged in urgently.

Madam Bones turned to Fudge at that. As Harry is abroad, it would take some time to find him as they need to search many places. Fudge knew it.

"Ok. Increase search for Sirius Black and find him. You will receive the necessary funds." Fudge relented and left Madam Bones. Poor Fudge didn't notice Madam Bones smirk at his back as he left her with Shacklebolt.

"Ok, tell me what's going on. Did you find him?" Madam Bones asked.

"Well, yes. But though what his neighbours say is true, Mr Potter is living in Tonks house. Junior Auror Tonks revealed this herself when we contacted her for search." Kingsley reported.

"Good. Appoint her as his guard for the rest of Christmas. Since he is in her house, it would be easier for her to keep an eye on him." Madam Bones ordered.

"But, Madam Bones, don't you think Tonks is too inexperienced to guard Mr Potter? The Minister seemed very keen on protecting him."

"Yes, Auror Shacklebolt, your observation is correct. However, Heir Potter is not any ordinary 3rd-year student. He can handle himself. Moreover, Sirius Black won't come out of the bush to attack him. If we appoint any additional personnel to guard him, he will definitely take it as we breaching his privacy.

Trust me, Shacklebolt. You don't want to make him mad at us. Who knows what he will do in revenge. So Auror Tonks is enough to take care of Mr Potter for now. As we get additional funds, dispatch few more people into the search group but start recruiting more people into our Department.

It's been a long since we started declining. I want to see an increase in our numbers soon. Order new equipment and anything our department needs. We should not miss this opportunity." Madam Bones ordered and Shacklebolt nodded and left to do everything she ordered.

A big article about the increased search party and recruitment of new members into the Auror ranks has been published in the Evening Prophet.

Fudge was very happy with the turn of events and he is sure his ratings will pick up again. With a happy smile, he left his office.

With Harry

After eating lunch, Tonks and Harry started talking about various things. Mostly educational and Hogwarts related as Andromeda is adamant about not about talking anything seriously.

After eating snacks, Harry turned to a lazy Tonks, who received a letter and saw her eyes widen in surprise. The owl delivered looked different.

While Harry was observing the owl and comparing it to Hedwig, Tonks groaned. "Come on. Can't I have a peaceful holiday?" She asked no one and sent her reply with the owl.

"What happened, Dora?" Andromeda asked.

"Duty, mother. It seems I have been appointed as Heir Potters guard here." She said sarcastically, pointing to Harry.

"What? Who appointed you?" Harry asked in surprise. He didn't ask for any security. Then why did they do it?

"That monocle lady."

"Who? Are you referring to Amelia Bones?" Harry asked and Tonks nodded.

"I didn't ask for any security. Ted, did you?"

"No, Harry. Why do you need security anyway? It's not like anyone will attack you here." Ted replied.

"Read this," Tonks said and gave the letter she received to Ted while Harry and Andromeda leaned in to read it.

'Greetings,

Junior Auror Tonks,

We have been informed about Heir Potter's stay with you. Thank you for confirming that.

According to the Minister's orders, Harry Potter must be guarded at all times to eliminate the threat of 'Sirius Black's attack'. You have been appointed as Heir Potter's personal bodyguard for the rest of his Christmas holidays.

We at the DMLE would like to have this assignment go smoothly. Protect Heir Potter at all costs.

This part is addressed to Mr Potter.

Greetings,

Mr Potter,

I'm sorry for telling you this, Mr Potter. But the Minster is adamant about increasing the search party for Sirius Black and he might be found soon.

I can't do anything and I didn't see the Minster this adamant on anything except his Ratings. Soon you will see advertisements for Sirius Black in Muggle papers as well.

I'll be dispatching more Aurors for the search. Take this as my early warning to you. To achieve what you want, you should find Sirius Black.

I will notify you if we find him, I don't know whether what you want can be achieved. I think you are smart enough to understand.

Best Wishes,

Amelia Bones,

Director of The DMLE.'

Ted and Harry read it again to see if they missed something and after concluding they didn't, started to plan.

"Why is that fool planning this all of a sudden?" Harry asked, frustrated.

"Calm down, Harry. They are just increasing the search party. That doesn't mean they will find Sirius." Ted assured him. But Harry is not convinced.

"Have trust in Sirius, Harry. He escaped Azkaban, the inescapable fortress and came to Hogwarts. Imagine how many places he can be found. But he was not found even with all the attempts of the Ministry. He won't be found until he meets you. So rest assured, he won't be caught." Andromeda said reassuringly and Harry thought about it.

What she said certainly had merit. 'Come on, Azkaban is not near Hogwarts. But Sirius came there, escaping many checkpoints and he knew many secret passages in Hogwarts as well.

Maybe he knew many more places to hide as well. He might have found some places during the last war. That is possible. Ok Sirius, I trust you. Don't get caught till I find you. We can enjoy it after that.' Harry concluded and smiled.

"Yes. Foolish me worrying for nothing. Thanks, Andromeda."

"Why am I appointed as this shorty's bodyguard? I don't want to." Tonks said and everything screamed in her mind.

"I didn't ask for it, pinky. It's your monocle boss that did it. Don't push the blame on me." Harry argued from across the room.

"Dora, don't be like that. Look at the positive. You can stay home for the rest of the holidays. Isn't it better than going on those assignments they send you?" Andromeda argued and Tonks shut at that.

"Now you can be with Harry everywhere and ensure his safety as well," Ted said in high spirits and Tonks narrowed her eyes at her father at his words.

It's like he had already planned on sending her with that brat wherever he goes. 'I can't win even if I argue. Better to resign me to this.' She thought in resignation.

"Oi bodyguard, I'm going to study, will you come?" Harry asked with a teasing smirk.

"Why you!" Tonks exclaimed. The other 3 laughed at her angry face. Harry went to read while Tonks stayed with her parents.

"Do you think being with him is a good thing?" She asked them honestly.

"What do you mean by that, Dora. He is a good and understanding boy in his teenage. Many boys won't be like this." Andromeda said.

"Though he doesn't show it, he shoulders a lot of burdens, Dora. You can't compare Harry to other children. From the moment he survived the Killing Curse, his life changed. For better or for worse isn't clear yet. We can't imagine how much burden he is shouldering, Dora. At least he came to us for his legal matters. I am happy about that.

Though he doesn't know we are related, he has become a member of our family all the same, Dora. Be understanding with him. The Harry I saw a few months back is different from the one in front of us. He is learning. If we could guide him in a good way, that would be beneficial for everyone." Ted explained in detail.

"Remember, Dora. He is still a teenage boy. He might be cold and teasing you sometimes, but he doesn't mean anything bad to you." Andromeda suggested and Tonks dumbly nodded.

She didn't think any of that. She know she is reckless and clumsy. But no one treated her like the way Harry treated her. He always takes her as his age and talks and knowingly taunts and teases her.

She felt different with him. She never thought the way her parents thought about Harry and compared to all the things she does, Harry is being way better. She realised.

'What is it with you, Potter?' She thought aimlessly.

With Harry

As he reached his room, Harry locked it and sat in his comfy bed and called Mira to discuss things. He understood what she said last night and is going to change the way he treats his friends.

"Harry? Where are we?" Mira asked as she appeared in front of him in a flash.

"We are in Ted's house. I forgot to tell you about it and you dropped me at my relatives' house." He said and Mira gave him a sheepish smile.

"Let's talk mentally. If someone came, they might think me delusional." Harry suggested and Mira nodded with a smile.

"So how do I get started? Tonks is here and I don't know how to ask her to show me how her ability works. She seemed genuinely unaware of how her hair changed colour. She said she had that ability since her birth." Harry asked.

"From birth, you say?" Mira asked, appearing in his mind. Though they are talking normally, they are in Harry's mindscape.

"Well, in that case, you need to make her control it." She said with a shrug and Harry gave her a 'are you kidding me look'.

"Ok, ok. Let me elaborate. Since she doesn't know how she does it, sit with her and tell her to actively try it. If she was able to, observe how it is done. At least ask what feeling she is getting when she does it. Remember, Harry. You don't need to learn how to change your hair. You just need to know how she can do it so that you can apply it in Shapeshifting." Mira said sagely and Harry nodded.

"I'll try. Don't know how it works though." He said and tried to devise a plan. But he doesn't know much about Tonks to do anything.

In the end, he decided to take it face to face with Tonks and went to her room. He knocked and waited for her permission. She didn't say anything. Harry tried again and didn't get any response. Deciding to try another time, he was about to leave when the door opened.

"Potter? What do you want?" He heard Tonks ask in a neutral tone. Not giving it much thought, Harry replied.

"Umm, I want to talk about something. If you are free, we can talk." Harry described his best and Tonks nodded and widened her door to let him in.

'Maybe this is an opportunity that can help me understand him more. I'm curious.' Tonks thought as she allowed Harry in. She is thinking about him and couldn't come up with anything about his situation or how it makes him behave as he does.

Every time he was with her, they bicker and leave their separate ways. As she wanted to understand him more and think about what her parents said, this presented a great opportunity.

"Thank you," Harry said and walked into a room similar to his. But this is big and has many more things than his room.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"It is about your colour scheme. Can we talk about it? I'm curious how it happens and want you to learn." Harry asked with a charming smile and wide curious eyes.

It's a great attempt. Tonks didn't think he had this much intelligence to manipulate others to do his bidding, this only proves her point.

She doesn't know anything about him and so she allowed what he wanted to observe him more. After all, it's her duty to protect him.

"What do you want me to do now?"

"Well, try to change your hair intentionally. Don't you think it would be beneficial? You can change it into whatever colour you want and it's useful for your work!" Harry said like a happy school kid.

"I know that. I did it a few times. I can control my facial structure and hair to some extent. But the colour scheme you call it as is an automatic thing." Seeing his confusion, she explained further.

"Ok, let me put it this way. I can change my face to imitate an animal and my hair also changes with that. But the colour cycle you see when you annoy me is out of control." She elaborated and Harry nodded in understanding.

"That's a big problem. I think I should search for it more and learn more. If you know how to change your facial structure, can you explain?" He asked in a sweet tone and Tonks nodded.

She didn't see any harm in it. Harry is just a 3rd year Hogwarts student and it's not like this ability is a long-hidden family ritual of any House.

"Ok, let me put it this way. When I change my face structure, I will imagine how I want it to be. For example, if I want to become a pigeon, I'll imagine a pigeon's face. Like this. When I want to turn back, I'll stop imagining and my face changes to normal. It's key that you feel all the changes happening, Harry. That's how I do it.

In the case of a pigeon, it has a small head, eyes and a small beak. Imagine your muscles changing into that shape. I know it is hard to do it at first. Who said being a Metamorphmagus is easy? It's a wonderful ability if you use it for good, but remember, any ability, power or magic has responsibilities. With power comes responsibility.

We must fulfil those responsibilities, Harry. That's why we have Aurors. Who want to protect Magical Britain from outside and inside threats." Tonks said passionately and Harry was stunned.

"Thank you, Dora. I think that helps me a lot. I'm sorry if I hurt you. I did it all in good fun. Sorry to disturb you. Have a nice day." Harry said and ran into his room.

Tonks didn't have the time to respond or process what he called before he was out and she heard a hard slam from the hallway. She sat there, processing everything, trying to come up with what she observed from Harry Potter.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you all liked it. Tell me, what you think of the chapter and story in general.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

11