Christmas Gifts? 2
346 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the Next Chapter of Broken Shackles. Hope you share your feedback with me.

As always, you can read next 2 chapters of Broken Shackles and join the Discord Server now through my Patron page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

Secondly, if you are curious to know the Update schedule and results of the poll and talk to me in general, join my Discord server. By entering the code after / to join the Sanctum.

Tserhx2NzH

Finally, check my new Naruto x Harry Potter story (Destined Saviour) and hope you show it some love as well.

Here is a short summary.

Unforeseen circumstances push Naruto into an unexpected journey. What will Naruto do when he finds himself in the world of Magic in a different body? Takes place in HPverse.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Familiar/ Ghosts /Goblins" talking.

'Familiar/ Ghosts/ Goblins' thinking.

'Parseltonguewill/memories'

"Spell" is being used.

Enjoy.

Broken Shackles

Chapter 20

Christmas Gifts? 2

Harry and Tonks finally reached the Childcare centre and saw the enthusiastic caretaker eagerly waiting for their arrival outside. As soon as she saw them, she squealed in joy.

"Welcome, Master Potter and Miss…"

"Tonks." Harry supplied and Vali nodded.

"Welcome, Miss Tonks. We are happy to have you here." Vali said in joy and gave them a bouquet. Harry took it with a smile and hid to the side while Vali moved, giving them a good view of the children standing in line to welcome them.

"Welcome, Master Potter and Miss Tonks!" They all said at once, which made Harry and Tonks nod their thanks in joy to the children.

They all ranged from 6 to 10 and Harry felt a part of himself in them. He knew how it feels to be without parents and was happy that they at least had the childcare centre to care for them.

"You don't need to make these arrangements, Vali," Harry said to the happy caretaker who acted as if she didn't hear him.

"Let's go in. It's cold." Harry said and all of them nodded and followed him inside. Harry can see the improvements from far.

All the buildings were repaired and painted with all the furniture replaced for newer ones and the rooms were more vibrant in general than the last time he saw them.

The atmosphere was perfect and Harry knew Vali will be more than willing to show him around even if he said not to. He also observed how the Potter Family Crest was present in important rooms.

Like the administration office, reception and outside of the new buildings and anywhere Vali felt important in general. Though she was careful to not make it too obvious.

The crest was as beautiful as ever and Vali likely did it to send the message to whoever asked her for a takeover. He is going to ask more about that, of course. He can't let an attempt on his House property slide after all.

"Harry, these are our volunteers who help me around," Vali said and started introducing them. Most of them were women with a kind demeanour and Harry can see the love they held for the children.

After the introduction, Harry thanked them for their help and they went to take care of the children while Harry and Tonks moved to Vali's office.

Tonks stood to the side while this was going on and a few children came up to her seeking help which the now blonde woman did to make a toy and they happily thanked her and ran towards their caretakers.

She liked the happy and vibrant atmosphere here and knew she wouldn't hesitate to come back here again. She also noticed the newly built and painted buildings and the Potter Crest present in many key places.

She knew that as they were educated about Houses and their traditions in case of any emergency rose with any House. So she knew it was the Potter House Crest as it was very often seen in the Ministry when the topic of Harry Potter picks wind.

"How are you, Harry?" Vali asked as they reached her office and sat comfortably after Vali served some tea to talk over.

"I'm fine. How is everything going on here?"

"Wonderful. We have completed painting all the buildings and the children were more than excited to get their facilities open." She said with a happy smile.

"That's good. I can see how eager they were to meet me." Harry smiled in joy.

"I heard some grave news about what's going on. Is everything alright?" Vali asked worriedly. Harry knew what she was talking about.

"Yes. Tell me, did you meet Sirius?" He asked curiously.

"Sirius Black? Yes. I did meet him once. James was adamant and brought him once. He was such a kind man then. He is naughty as well." Vali said with a giggle.

"Hmm. It fits perfectly with his behaviour. What you heard about him in the news is true. But I believe he is not cruel as they portray him. Don't worry, I'll go to the bottom of this and make sure justice is served." Harry said confidently and Vali nodded in relief.

Though she didn't have any interaction with the man other than the one time he visited, she felt he was a good man and as someone who knew the relation between Sirius and James, she wished the best for the man. Prisoner or not.

A moment of silence fell upon the trio, each of them thinking of anything that can relieve the tension and Harry remembered the main thing he came here for.

"Vali, who is that man who asked you about the Childcare centre?" Harry asked seriously and Vali stiffened for a second. She didn't like that subject and avoided it last time. But looks like she doesn't have any chance this time.

"Um, it's Lord-"

"Malfoy?" Harry asked interestedly and Vali nodded negatively.

"No. It's Lord Greengrass. Caesar Greengrass. He was interested in taking over if you were not taking care of it." Vali explained slowly.

"Caesar huh. Quite an old goat he is." Tonks commented and it caught Harry's interest.

"Know something about the guy?" Harry asked curiously.

"Well he was a neutral guy who doesn't support anyone in the Ministry but I heard he knows how to play his cards when he wants something done," Tonks explained and Harry nodded. Filing it to know more later.

"So Vali, can you elaborate on what Lord Greengrass wanted?" Harry asked and Vali started her examination.

Flashback Begin

Vali Pov

It was a few days after the new year. He approached the Childcare centre and thinking that he is interested in our children, I welcomed him in. He requested to talk to me in private and we came here.

He pulled out his wand and sealed the room, using many charms and spells and told me it was for safety. Then he spoke, with a completely different demeanour and tone.

"Ms Rogers, My name is Caesar Greengrass and I would like to take care of this Childcare centre." He stated face stern and he was so calm as if talking about the weather, I thought I misheard him.

I was shocked for a few minutes and blankly stared at him. He didn't mind my shock and stoically looked at me, as if expecting something.

"But sir, you know this Childcare centre belongs to the Potters! They were the caretakers of this since its inception as it was incorporated on their first ancestor's name." I argued.

He scanned the room for a second and saw the faded House Potter Crest behind my seat.

"I would like you to know I'm the current Lord of House Greengrass, Ms Rogers. Though I hold respect for the Potters, they were not in any position to take care of this.

I don't know if you have heard the news, but I don't think you will see any coming here and looking around to help you." He said in certainty.

"I can understand your interest to have this Childcare centre from your words. I can't leave this Childcare centre myself and we have some arrangements if anything were to happen. So I don't think you will get the Childcare centre, sir." I retorted strongly.

As I know if anything were to happen to James and Lily, you would be brought here, Harry. Sending you to the Dursleys was never an option. The present Vali explained.

I thought as you were not sent, everything was well. They were fine and in good health and will come here at some time. But never expected you to visit. She sadly explained.

Harry put a soothing hand on her shoulder and tried soothing her. With a thankful nod, she continued.

Perhaps Lord Greengrass might have not expected that resistance from me. He left with a final word. "I am not letting a valuable place like this go to ruins because of your foolishness. If need be, I'll be back with an order from the Ministry of Magic itself to take care of this. You are not stopping me." He said, still with his stoic face and left.

Flashback End

"I don't think he will try now as I was declared as Heir Potter. I knew House Greengrass is shrewd and calculating. But I didn't think of them as land grabbers. I heard so much about their Heiress as well." Harry said in disappointment.

"Their Heiress, huh. What is she like?" Tonks asked curiously. She didn't have any Heir or Heiress in her class and was interested in knowing.

"From what I understand, she is calm, cold and calculating. She has only a very short group of friends and maintains a separate gang from Draco, which is a feat. She also has a lot of influence I think." He explained, cutting himself as he realised something.

"Speaking of Heirs and Heiresses, our class has some of them and last members of the House like me. Damn, didn't even think of that."

"Hmm, who?" Tonks prodded.

"You have me and Draco for sure. Then there is Neville and Susan as the remaining Heir and Heiress of their Houses other than their grandma and aunty respectively. And Hannah, Daphne, Theodore, Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle as the only children or eldest of their family and thus an Heir or Heiress." Harry explained and Tonks nodded.

"Why are you nodding as if you knew who they were?"

"Of course, I knew. I was there when you were sorted. I remember Hanna and Susan in particular. Cuties they were. Ah, Hogwarts times." Tonks said nostalgia.

"So many important people are in the same class, huh. Feels like a perfect recipe for disaster." Vali said, shaking her head.

"You can say that again. Draco and Ron always fight and if it was not enough, we have our chaotic House competition and Quidditch." Harry said and all of them laughed at that.

The mood turned light after that and they started discussing many things including muggle discoveries and the new implementation Vali made in the new buildings.

The night was spent in joyful talks and after a satisfactory dinner, Harry and Tonks slept in the Chief Caretakers' room. They had a great sleep.

As the sun rose, a festive mood settled in the Henry and Lolanthe Potter Childcare centre as Harry and Tonks prepared for the day. It was Christmas after all.

All the gifts were packed and neatly sorted under the large Christmas tree in the middle of the childcare centre, near most children. Harry can see the excitement in all the children as they wait for instructions from Vali to open them.

"Children, we have our chief caretaker, Harry Potter here. He is responsible for all the changes you see now and he brought all the gifts." Vali announced and the children cheered.

"You can open them post breakfast. Please move to the cafeteria and let's eat with him and make his day brighter." She said and everyone moved to the Cafeteria, a new building.

Harry followed them and after everyone got settled, 2 Santa's came with a pop, which made the children excited as they did all kinds of basic magics, lifting, moving and vanishing things, which got a big round of applause from the children and started serving breakfast.

Dobby and Clicky were perfect in Santa costumes as most of their body is covered by robes and caps with a long beards. They were also the almost same height as the children, making them perfect to distribute gifts.

Harry can also see Dobby's excitement to see all the children and Clicky's joy of finally coming in front of them after all these years. The children's cheers only added to their joy.

After happy cheers and some more magic by the Santas, breakfast was completed and both the Santas started distributing gifts from the bag they were carrying Harry can see the excitement in everyone's eyes.

All of them opened their gifts eagerly and found the most needed things for children and felt as if the gift was customised to them as many of them got what they wanted, but with something extra.

Like the child who recently got short-sightedness and couldn't see things got a pair of glasses, but the glasses were colourful with his favourite colours and cartoon stickers.

Just like him, everyone got their gift based on what was needed for them with the extra touch and they loved it a lot. With happy yet tearful cheers, all the children gave the Santas a goodbye as they vanished in another pop.

"Do you feel happy with your gifts?" Harry asked, speaking for the first time with all the children.

"YES SIR!" They cheered and dispersed without notice and ran towards the untouched corner of the room. Everyone was confused by this random act and when Vali was about to ask, they pulled out some neatly packed boxes and brought them.

"Your Christmas gift from our side," a tall boy, who appears to be Harry's age, brought the gifts to the three of them in front and other caretakers. As they didn't expect it, they were more surprised.

Harry opened his in excitement and saw a painting of the Childcare centre before and after the remodelling and a big sign to the side saying 'Thank you for the help, Master Potter' signed by many children in colours.

Harry was overjoyed by this. Though it's a simple drawing, the meaning and love they held for the Childcare centre showed in the drawing and Harry knew he made the right call by coming here.

On the back of the drawing was a clay toy of him, tightened with a rope so that it won't be lost. It's a small but detailed one with his messy hair and green eyes, which they somehow drew.

Vali got a picture of herself in front of the buildings, standing guard as if protecting them from everything and the caring woman couldn't help but shed tears of joy at the children's simple but meaningful gift.

All the hard work she put in and everything she did till now to take care of and protect them vanished at that moment as she saw how carefully and perfect the drawing was.

She went on a motherly spree and hugged every one of the children, even more happy to be part of such a wonderful centre. Not noticing the knight armour she wore on the clay construct children made for her.

Tonks with other caretakers got a clay trinket of themselves with an almost accurate description. They were happy and behind the trinkets was a 'thank you for your help' emblazoned with the rough structure of the buildings.

They didn't know what to say and enjoyed the simplicity and impactful gifts all the children made as Vali hugged them to their demise.

After Vali completed her motherly moment, Harry decided to play games with them and using the large space in between the buildings, they played many muggle games, enjoying themselves completely.

Surprisingly, even Tonks joined, making a total of 79 members and played till all the children were exhausted. Harry enjoyed it a lot as he didn't play with such a large group.

He did play hide and seek with his House, but students of 3 years didn't join and everyone is happy to do their business in the game there. But here, everyone was eager to play with him and how well they played impressed Harry.

Unsurprisingly, every time he played his team would win no matter what and Harry had a good idea why. He let it pass, taking occasional breaks to let others win as well and as everyone was tired by afternoon, Vali called them for lunch.

They happily ate and after calming their hunger, they started playing again and this time with a determination to beat Harry in stamina. Poor sods.

They didn't win. Harry beat all of them in stamina and gave them wise advice to exercise and build stamina, which became the new most followed rule in the childcare centre and as evening came, Harry returned to the main hall to talk.

But they were interrupted by an owl coming towards them and Harry and Vali were alarmed at this. The children don't know anything about the magical world and seeing an owl landing near their caretaker will definitely appear weird to anyone. And he doesn't want them involved with the Magical world anyway.

So Harry excused himself and went to the Caretaker's office to draw the owl there as he knew it came for him and it followed him without missing a beat. As it landed, Harry observed its fine feathers and shape and knew it is not just a normal owl.

Its golden grey feathers differentiate it from normal owls combined with its brilliant gold eyes, it can easily be identified as an official messenger owl of a Noble family and Harry extended his hand, letting it land.

It landed smoothly with grace. Harry could see the crest of the House and recognized to whom it belonged. House Greengrass. 'Ah, so you made your move, Lord Greengrass.' Harry thought, taking the letter tied to the owl's leg. It didn't move.

Harry fed it a small owl treat he always carries to feed Hedwig and escape her wrath and saw the owl wait on his hand, not disturbing him as he opened the letter.

The letter was neatly wrapped in high-quality parchment with the crest of House Greengrass emblazoned in the middle. Harry took out the letter.

'Greetings Heir Potter.

Merry Christmas!

Let me first begin by congratulating you on your ascension to the Heir to the Noble House of Potter.

I write this letter in hopes to clarify a few things so our business remains cordial and no feud arises between our families.

I was unaware that you had taken up your position as the Heir to House Potter and thus had asked one of the undertaking's managers for a transfer. Had I known, I wouldn't have done it. That being said, I'm still interested in taking care of the children if need be. They are very good and well brought up.

To discuss this further, I am open to the prospect of a meeting between us. If you ask, I can arrange a meeting at the time and place of your convenience during the Christmas holidays.

I eagerly await your response.

Best Wishes,

Caesar Augustus Greengrass.'

It read. Though Harry was suspicious of the whole meet you thing, he appreciated the man's greeting as this is the only letter he got which didn't have any tracers or malicious things that were passed on by Gringotts.

Looks like the owl went to Gringotts and after being verified was redirected here by the goblins. He can see the faint G on the letter which was the verification stamp they use to send letters like these. As it is hardly visible, it can only be seen if you are actively searching for it.

When he was about to decide, Tonks walked in, suspicious of his long absence and saw the eagle owl and the letter Harry had.

"Where is it from? Is it some threat?" She asked, sliding into her Auror mode.

"It's from Lord Greengrass. Seems like he wants to talk to me in person if I have time." Harry said with a shrug.

"Hmm, what do you think?" Tonks asked, still in her Auror mode.

"Don't know. Should ask Ted about it. I don't know much about the man except he tried taking this Childcare centre and he apologised for it here. Should weigh pros and cons."

"I think we should leave, Harry," Tonks said with urgency and Harry's demeanour changed at that.

"Why is something wrong?" Harry asked, mimicking Tonks' seriousness.

"Not currently. But I have this feeling that something bad will happen if you stay here longer. I know you love all the children. That's why I suggest we leave." Tonks said, the urgency in her tone increasing.

Harry thought about it for a minute and decided to trust her instinct. He nodded and sealed the letter and put it in his robes and seeing the letter being read, the owl left, taking off into the East.

Harry and Tonks hurriedly walked toward Vali and explained Tonks' intuition and unwillingly, Vali agreed.

"Children, Master Potter has some important work to do. So he will be leaving now." She announced, getting a tearful no from many children as they came crying to stop him.

Harry's heart screamed in agony, seeing all of them crying but he couldn't take chances and put them in harm's way.

The volunteers sprang into action and distracted the children while Harry smoothly made his exit, their crying faces still fresh in his mind.

"Vali, take care of them and if anything happens, tell Clicky to contact me. I'll be here soon or send someone." Harry said and Vali nodded and gave him one last hug as he and Tonks left the compound.

"Harry, I'll change myself. Cover yourself as well. I'll apparate us home." Tonks said seriously, changing her appearance into a middle-aged woman and Harry covered himself with his hood, trying their best to change like Tonks.

Only half of his face changed, but the rest stayed still, giving him the appearance of a half-wrinkled young man and he changed back, not trying to experiment. He saw the clouds darken and thunder roar in the sky.

He knew what all these signs meant. Mira's warming. 'This is bad. How the hell did they know of the Childcare centre!' He raged in his mind.

As they walked to an empty street to apparate, they saw some people walking through the streets in search of something. They all had muggle police badges and they seemed to be searching for something.

Seeing many people around them, Tonks didn't try anything. As they moved towards the empty alley to the side, one of the police officers walked towards them.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Sorry for the interruption, but can you show us your id?" He asked in a respectful tone.

All magical children were given a fake identification card to show to the muggle authorities when they were in muggle areas just to be on the safe side. Harry and Tonks had them without the Ministry of Magic issuing them as they were muggle-raised.

"Here you go, officer," Tonks said, giving the man her id card. But much to her dismay, it's her original one, not the magical one which adjusts to her current facial structure and so before the officer can find it, she changed back.

"Oh sorry, young lady. Looks like I mistook you." He said with a smile and asked Harry.

"Looks good. Are you coming from a date?" He asked with an honest smile and both of them nodded with fake smiles.

"Well, have a great day. Sorry for the interruption." He wished them farewell and left to ask others.

They quickly moved towards the empty alley and when they were about to apparate, Harry sensed a distortion and soon with many pop sounds, many hooded figures appeared.

"At last, we found you, Potter!" The man in the front said, his visible eyes had a maniacal glee.

"Who are you?" Harry asked, confused.

"That would be telling. How about you come with us nice and quiet?" He asked, pulling his wand. Harry's wand was also in his hand in an instant.

"Is everything prepared?" He asked the other hooded figures.

"..."

"That's good. We can happily capture him without any intervention." He said, as if capturing Harry thrilled him.

"Harry, this is bad," Tonks said and Harry turned to her to see what she was talking about and saw 5 more people surrounding them.

"This is worse than that day," Harry muttered, though Tonks heard, she couldn't ask to elaborate as all the men surrounding them moved closer.

"Looks like they sealed off this area with Muggle Repelling charms, Harry. We have no way to escape but fight." Tonks said in worry.

She knew her capabilities and as Junior Auror, she can take 2 adult wizards at her best and she can count on Harry to take one more at best. But they are facing 6 currently and one of them is clearly above-average adult wizards.

"Surrender, Potter boy. Sorry. Heir Potter. You are not escaping from here and I'll make sure you come with us." The same leader said with a cheerful smile as all of them drew their wands.

"Protego," Harry and Tonks said in unison, seeing all their enemies' wands light up. The combined Protego was strong enough to withstand the combined attack of 6 Bombardo.

"Expelliarmus," Harry said trying to disarm one of the men through the small gap he opened and moved to the side with him as his attack caused the man to step back.

Harry was upon him in a second and punched him straight in the gut, his magic empowering his hand, sending the man sliding through a wall into a building, which was currently empty for some reason.

With one of them being punched like that, others were surprised at the young wizard's physical strength. Tonks was surprised as well.

"Deprimo",

"Confringo,"

"Furnunculus," Harry used 3 spells simultaneously, cashing their moment of surprise but much to his dismay, a severing curse with a reducto stopped his efforts, dispelling the 3 spells easily.

"You think I'll let you dismiss more of my guys? Hell no!" Said the leader and sent another cutting curse at Harry. Harry used Stupify and neutralised it.

"Bombardo," Harry said, creating an explosion near one of them and sending them skidding, but he was stopped by the other. 2 of them supporting each other.

"Damn it. Do something fast, Dora. I can't handle them any longer." Harry said in a hurry. Though he wanted to summon Mira, he didn't want her injured and so didn't dare.

'Maybe I should bring out more elemental attacks to scare them?' He thought, a sudden idea entering his mind.

"Piertotum Locomotor," said Harry, pointing to the immediate ground around him, animating some golems with them. His golems charged toward the 2 Tonks fighting to divert their concentration.

Harry also added Duro on them, to make them more strong so that they can last long. Following his last skirmish with no1 and no2.

As the golems reached them, many spells started bombarding them, giving Tonks a breather. Harry's Duro was strong and worked well.

He used all the rock pieces falling off the golem and concentrated on that. With a strong force, he Banished them to the primary 4, who were attacking the golem.

The sudden income of rock pieces and dust pushed them and as they were trying to clear them, the leader's attention was diverted to save his minions and unknown to Harry, the guy he sent into the building crept upon him.

"Impedimenta,"

"Obscuro," 2 spells suddenly flew past him, hitting someone behind him and Harry turned to see the 6th member being blindfolded after being frozen.

He turned to see Tonks walking towards him, her clothes a bit tattered because of all the rubble. "Thanks," he muttered and she gave him a silent nod.

"Aaaahhhh! Why the fuck are we not able to capture a school kid and girl playing bodyguard? You idiots, catch them!" The leader roared, using an unknown spell to clear all the incoming rubble.

"Sectumsempra," He said, pointing his wand at Tonks who was ready to create a shield to protect herself. The curse causes severe lacerations and she didn't want that at the moment when her help was needed. They both needed each other to get out safely.

"You are pushing me!" Harry said in an angry tone and pointed his wand at the leader.

"Glacies Tuber," said Harry, sending blocks of ice on the opponent. The leader didn't know what the spell will do as he never saw any light but suddenly felt being drowning in a freezer.

The leader used a heating charm to warm himself and by the time he was ready to attack, another 2 of his men were bound with only 3 standing, fighting the 2 teens.

His plans were crumbling and he didn't like it. They trapped the police and used the Imperius curse on them to inform them if they saw the boy.

Soon when they got the information they were here in an instant. It's not difficult to find the boy when you know where to search. And now when they are about to capture him, he was using very advanced spells to defend against them and dare attack him. Him!

His anger broke all bounds at that and he used the first curse that came to his mind.

"Crucio!" He said, sending the light less curse towards the battling duo.

Though Harry didn't know what was going on, his senses screamed something nasty is coming toward them and he pushed one of the fighting men to shield against it. The man was pushed in front of Tonks and the man started to scream in pain suddenly.

"No. The Unforgivable. Harry, we are moving out quickly!" Tonks was in a panic now. If not for Harry, she would have been hit by the curse and that thought terrified her.

Harry was in no mood to listen after seeing the effects on the man. He knew what spell it is and all his Occlumency shields dropped at that moment.

Tonks getting injured is something he can't imagine and her getting injured protecting him is something he can't forgive himself for. And so with fury the leader never saw, he retaliated.

"Confringo,"

"Reduction,"

"Furnunculus,"

"Deprimo,"

"Descendo,"

"Bombarda,"

"Bombarda Maxima," he started firing the destructive once, destroying all the buildings and roads around them into rubble.

He didn't even stop there, either banishing or transfiguring the rubble into different animals and attacking the other three standing. They couldn't bear the relentless onslaught of the 13-year-old for a second and Tonks watched with wide eyes.

The destruction Harry caused was phenomenal and when she observed his speed and potency of the spells is decreasing, she jumped in, catching his arm and Apparating them to her home.

They were gone in pop and by the time their enemies got the courage to drop their shields and see something other than smoke, they were long gone.

"DAMN IT! DAMN YOU! HARRY POTTER!" The leader screamed, apparating with his cronies.

By the time the Aurors came, they only saw destroyed buildings and roads with no trace of magic left to investigate.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you all liked it. Tell me, what you think of the chapter and story in general.

Don't forget to join the server and say hi.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

8