001 – My Family
707 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been three months since I was reincarnated in this timeline, and I had learnt a lot of things. The most important being that humanity in this timeline was way advanced than the other times I had been alive. Their technology was almost like magic, and I was certain if we had such devices in the past, the Netherworlders would have been crying before us, although most of them used to in my presence.

Then there was the Netherworlders. It were almost as if we were in a time of peace. So far, nothing had happened. I hadn’t even once heard the term netherworlders used by my parents, so I decided that I must have won in my last battle. Still… that didn’t explain how come I was reborn, so I was staying on alert for whatever information I could get.

Next important thing was my parents. Whenever I reincarnated, it was always as an orphan, so I never knew my parents from any of those timelines. This time however, my parents were well and alive and I even had an older sibling, although he was an idiot.

My father’s name was Alexis Macron and my mother’s name was Yellen. Quite the weird name she had, but that made me Ibuki Ryo Macron, which was even weirder. As for my brother, they had called him Daichi Ryo Macron. Also, a weird name. He was a pain in my side, constantly coming over and poking me. Even when I was trying to sleep. He was so lucky my teeth hadn’t come in yet, otherwise I would have bitten his finger off.

For some weird reason, the name Macron sounded familiar. I just couldn’t put my finger on it. I must have met someone with that sort of name in the past.

Right now I was sitting on a high chair, with a desk in front of me, while being fed some orange substance they termed “Baby carrots”. I was wary of the liquid and the scent it produced.

“Why call them ‘Baby carrots’? What is the difference? Do carrots in this timeline have children? Do vegetables in this timeline have children? In that case, what we are doing? Aren’t you basically teaching us human children how to kill the children of other races? Hahaha! I’m impressed!”

“Now open wide. Say Aaaahhh.”

My mother moved a pink spoon around, as if it were a floating object, then brought it to my mouth. My lips were sealed shut as I glared at her. She was beautiful, but sometimes the faces she made, made her look weird.

‘Oh, for the love of… this is so embarrassing, however, I’m impressed at how you treat me. With such respect. For that, I shall do as you say just this once.’

“Aaaahh”

I opened my mouth to let the spoon in, then took in the substance. Never in my past lives had I tasted something so sweet and smooth.

‘Hahaha! This is the stuff of the gods, woman. This is almost like ambrosia! Feed me more mother!’

“Aaaahh”

I opened my mouth for more and this seemed to make her happy.

“Alexis, look. She really likes the baby carrots I made.”

“Of course she does. You made them, hahaha!”

Alexis who was at the sink washing a bunch of plates said with a beaming smile. My father was quite the supporting husband, helping my mother with the daily household chores and stuff. My brother also… he tried. Only if he weren’t so useless. In my day, he would have been called a woman.

“Dad, I want to help with the plates.”

“Oh, erh, don’t worry about that. Just go and watch tv, alright?”

“Hmm… Ok.”

I had to hand it to Alexis. Playing the child like a pro. Of course, I would need a man on his level to be my father. Anything less would be disappointing.

Then there was my post breakfast routine. Truly an enjoyable pass time.

“Hey kids! How are you all doing? It’s me Zondrias, the Shining Knight that cuts through hordes of demons.”

After my ambrosia, I was sat down behind a large screen that could show me images of men in distant lands. I was impressed by the magic technology of this era. Sure, we used to communicate long distances with it, but a normal family having access to it? That was amazing. I never got the chance to really figure out how they worked out in my previous life. I would have liked to take a look at it when I got older.

I was watching a tale about the brave knight called Zondrias. With his steel blade, he easily cut through thousands of demons and leaves his opponents ruined. Till date, this man had never lost a single battle. He was a warrior that had earned my respect. If I were to ever meet him in person, I would like to fight alongside him.

Now he was about to enter a demon castle belonging to a demon so powerful they called him the Demon King. I had not heard of such a thing, but surely, he popped up post my previous death and terrorized everyone. Zondrias must be the one to end it once and for all. This was probably the reason I was reborn. To witness the end of it all. My suffering could not be just in vain. However, a huge shadow loomed over me, and an ugly face popped up, emerald eyes staring intently at me and nostrils puffing out air like a horse. It was Daichi. This guy was worse than the Netherworlders. And orcs were Netherworlders!

“Hey, Ibuki. You like Zondrias?”

He asked me, but I ignored him, trying to look at the screen.

“Ah! Move you dumbass! Zondrias just took down one of the demon generals! I’m missing out on it!”

I waved him off, trying to look at the screen, but the brat only came in front of me with a nefarious grin. A bully he was!

“Oh, so you do, huh? Then do you want my Zondrias action figure?”

He brought a mini Zondrias in front of me and waved it around.

“You insolent brat. You think a mere copy will swoon me?”

“Look. The sword swings when you do it like this…”

“…. I stand corrected. Give me! Give me! Give me!”

I stretched out my hands, trying to get it, but I couldn’t. It was too far out of reach for me.

“Here you go.”

He handed it over to me with no problems whatsoever. I looked at the toy, and it looked just like Zondrias. An almost perfect replica of him with a huge button on his back.

“You see, when you push this button, you’ll hear him say something cool.”

Daichi pushed a big button on Zondrias’ back and it said his catchphrase.

“All evil! Prepare to be smitten by my holy blade!”

“Hehehe, cool right! Isn’t Zondrias the best?”

Daichi smiled at me with a runny nose. Albeit disgusting, I guess even he could have his charms sometimes.

“Indeed. This is amazing or “cool” as you would put it. Come young one. Sit at my side. Let us watch the tales of the mighty Zondrias as superior and junior.”

I tapped at my side for him to sit, and he obeys perfectly. I guess he could make an excellent subordinate.

“What are you watching?”

I heard Yellen’s voice come. I craned my neck to see her eating cereal while looking at the tv. I ignored her and went back to watching. The good part was getting started. Zondrias was fighting the demon lord. I noticed Alexis also coming in to sit next to her. Was this what a happy family was like? It… it felt nice.

“Shit! Turn off the TV!”

Yellen ordered and Alexis jumped for the stick that controlled the projection device on the table. He pressed some buttons and it changed to a man sitting behind a podium.

“No! He was just about to gut the demon king and spill his guts out!”

I wailed.

On the screen, they had written in this new language, “Disaster Rank Monster Ogre King, slayed by Giant Guild in Saitama Prefecture.”

“I told you to turn it off.”

Yellen ordered again and Alexis quickly did so. The screen went black, leaving me to only see a reflection of my family. Yellen was choking Alexis, Daichi was poking my cheeks and I was simply just sitting there, looking adorable. This would look like a dysfunctional bunch of party members, but I was happy with them. The family I always wanted and never got. I didn’t know what stroke of luck I received, but this was now my family. I would protect my family no matter the cost.

Especially now that I confirmed that netherworlders existed.

***

As I slumbered that night, something left my butt. Something very uncomfortable and disgusting. I had shat myself. It was very disgraceful. However, at times like this, all I needed to do was summon my parents.

“WWAAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!”

I let out a large wail which was the alarm for them.

“Honey! Ibu-Ibuki’s up!”

“What? Again?”

I could hear them say. It were almost as if they were annoyed, but I was certain it was because of how tired they were so I would let it slide this time.

Alexis came over to my personal bed, called a “cradle” and smiled at me. I knew he wasn’t angry. I mean could they ever be at their adorable angel?

“Alexis, old friend. It seems I have made a doodoo. You will have to clean this up for me.”

“Ah, here we go again.”

He ripped apart my covers, exposing the scent to the world.

“Hurry! Hurry and cover it up! Th-this is an emergency situation Alexis! It’s like the time I took down a Titan in Britannia! It released a stink bomb so toxic everyone with low resistances died!”

“Ugh! Looks like you’re going off the carrots for a while.”

“The ambrosia? Nooooo!!!! Curse you, you weak, vile gas producing, beautiful, body!”

Alexis removed my covers and patched me up just fine. It felt even better when he put the powder there and set me back to my royal bed. And I had a peaceful sleep that night.

Alexis was a good man, taking care of me while my mother was always out of the house. The little time she had, she would stay by my side and torment me with silly faces and weird noises, hugging me lots and lots and smothering me with her overwhelming motherly love.

If I had to pick a favorite member in the house, it was definitely her. I really liked the start of this life of mine.

 

<A/N: I will try my best for a consistent update of 1x a week! Don't hold me to it though!>

28