V1 Rewrite. Ch 16. Those who run from glory always have it follow them
476 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I reincarnated in this world I thought that it would be a nice walk in the park.

From all of the knowledge I had about fantasy, and the knowledge of modern day, I expected that there will be no difficulties for me.

It was further bolstered by my victories against the goblins, and the easy-going lifestyle I had until now.

Until now.

The orc showed me that it is too early for me to spread my wings and think I am invulnerable. The old saying that overconfidence brings carelessness proved to be right, and now I am reflecting on what I did wrong, to avoid doing so in the future.

I understood that no matter how 'medieval' this world is, it is way different from the real medieval. There are monsters and magic, metaphysics that challenge the knowledge known to me, and life that is not the same as what I knew of.

Even the town that we were approaching was not a small settlement surrounded by a wall. It was what one would expect of a fantasy town: a large stone wall, surrounding a large settlement.

“What are you looking at?” A guy patted my shoulder. I looked at his hand.

“It is bigger than I expected.”

“What is bigger?” He grinned.

“The town.”

“Do you really think we can just understand what you are saying only after a few words?” He said in disappointment.

“Not my problem.”

He was trying to start a conversation with me all the time but I was really busy with self-reflections. If Elina and Albert were funny to tease, and irritating only sometimes, this guy was irritating all the time, without offering anything in return.

“Why don’t you go with us after we arrive? My father will be eager to reward you for your victory.” (G)

“This has nothing to do with me.”

So the orc died by itself?” (G)

[He is so bothersome.]

My current plan was simple: we arrive, the idiots go and look for whatever they want and report to the guild. Meanwhile, I fill my stomach with something tasty. Poor merchant promised to feed me. I certainly did not have to remind him that he is alive because of me…

“Do you have a boyfriend?” That guy keeps showering me with weird questions.

“No.”

How about…” He was about to ask a very rude thing but after I looked at him (of course I lit my eyes with magic) he shut his mouth.

Before the guy managed to drive me crazy, the caravan arrived to the town.

In front of us was a huge queue of wagons and people, all trying to enter the city through a large gate. Our accidental companions have unloaded themselves and I could finally relax and think.

The calm did not last for long.

Sweet fox, how about we go and have some fun? I know many good restaurants.” This bastard started to hit on me out of the blue.

[Does he really think I am an idiot? Or that I am a cheap w*?]

“So yummy!”

Yes, I am very cheap when it comes down to food.

“Fight good means eat good, am I right?” The archer-girl asked me something but I am too busy right now.

Ffatefer” (Whatever)

“*&*^$&*(&.”

“*(^%&**^ !”

“*&^%^&*^%% !”

“HEY, WE ARE HERE!” Suddenly the guy shook me.

Dof’t u fee I ‘m eafin!” (Don’t you see that I am eating!)

[Such a rude person.]

“Don’t tell me you didn’t even hear what we were saying…”

I ‘m fewwin u.” (I am telling you.)

When I was done eating, they told me to wait a little. That is why I just closed my eyes and returned to reflecting.

“*&^%*(^$^( ?”

“%^*&(%$#&(&&* …”

[Why do you keep shaking me each time something happens?]

When I opened my eyes I saw another person. A female in a white clean robe was sitting in front of me. If my guess is right she is either a priest or a mage.

“Are you always like that?” (G)

“I am thinking, I’d recommend such an activity to you but you have nothing to think with.

“Haaa?!” (G)

“Nicely done, fox!” The girl in robes said that to me and smiled.

“Is she the reason you told me to stay here?” I asked the others.

“Yes, I get that you have a lot of things to do but at least let us introduce ourselves.” (G)

"No, tha..."

“I am Drake, leader of the adventurers party ‘Blackstone’ “ (G)

“Marin, I am an archer as you can tell.” (A)

“Lily, I am a mage.” (GiR)

“Okay.” I said that and tried to continue where I stopped.

‘Stare’

‘Stare!’

‘STARE’

“Fine. Fuji.”

“You have such an interesting name!” (L)

The adventurers started complimenting me, almost to the point of fawning over me.

“What do you want from me?” I am getting tired of this.

“We want you to meet my father. Come on, you killed the Orc King! You should get the reward!” (D)

“Say you were the ones who killed it.”

“Miss Fuji, I don’t understand what is the problem? Our father will be eager to meet with you.” (L)

“Our? So you two are siblings?”

“Yes.” (D and L)

I was getting tired of them trying to make me do something I didn't want to.

'Sigh'

“Alright, alright! You don't want to, so let's leave it at that. The next topic, why don’t you join our party? You are a really good fighter.” (D)

You know me for… 4 hours? Are you crazy?”

“Join us on one, just one quest and see for yourself if this will be alright for you.” (D)

“Come on, I am already in a party.” I said that while staring at the ceiling.

"W-what a pity... Still, how about you help us on a quest?" (D)

"Is your head filled with cheese? I don't want to."

"We may not look like it, but we are well-off. You'll stay in this town for a while, so why not help us? We will hire you for this quest for a hefty sum. Interested?" (L)

"Hire? W-well..." My hesitation was understood as acceptance.

“I will go and find us a quest. You ladies just wait for me.” (D)

Afterwards he ran out of the restaurant.

“Drake might look like a walking problem but he is not THAT bad. And if he praises you then you must be really good. I look forward to seeing you in action.” (L)

“Keep your expectation low. I barely hit anything.

Just like that I agreed to temporarily join the ‘Blackstone’ party.

19