Lycus vs Camiel(Ashara Version)
58 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And for our first battle... In the blue corner, give it up for our favorite shampoo endorser- I mean blood elf - the Sharpshooter Lycus! On the red side, hailing from the desert tribes of Ibinia, the kinda psychic sand-burrowing (not really)lizard - Camiel!

3rd Person POV

The two opponents found themselves on opposite ends as the sun hid behind the occasional cloud in the desert sky.

 

Lycus looked around at the endless expanse of dunes stretching into the horizon, barely noticing a single shadow in the distance. It had been a good choice to leave his companion in that barn, though he expected that he'll have to deal with an angry Amarok when he returned.

 

Camiel looked at the stranger she was supposed to be fighting, sizing up the Elf adorned in armor that seemed unsuitable for the desert in every sense.

 

Lycus had of course noticed his opponent in his peripheral vision; she had a short stature which meant there was less area to lodge arrows into.

 

After a few more moments like this Lycus bent over and touched the sand, letting the coarse substance rub against his hands before standing up again. Camiel had noticed the sword strapped into his back and the sack on his waist that clanked at his actions.

 

Camiel decided it had been enough waiting and immediately buried herself into the sand; she rushed forward as Lycus buried the bladed end of his bow into the sand. He mounted an arrow, waiting for the coming attack.

 

He would've been surprised if he hadn't traded with one of her kind for some meat. That had been a trader, this was a warrior; any hunter located the fangs of the beast before hunting.

 

He breathed slowly and as soon as Camiel was ready to jump him from behind, as if having eyes behind his head he glided through the sand. He immediately changed the direction of his bow and shot an arrow at the emerging Camiel. She barely dodged it.

 

Out of the corner of her eyes she saw the flames on the arrow and hastily doused it in water which saved her skin. The arrow burst into great flames a moment later as she dug herself deep into the ground.

 

It would've been foolish to wait on the surface but is she had then she would've noticed the elf with his eyes closed.

 

Lycus opened his eyes, intrigued at the use of water magic; a blessing like this should've been considered a miracle in this desert but mortals as always would rather jab a pen into someone's skull then write with it.

 

Camiel spent the time burrowing through sand, preparing instead to dislodge the bow for a moment.

 

Lycus for no apparent reason fired 4 arrows in the four cardinal directions, each 20 meters away with him as the center. He opened the sack on his belt, readying the poisonous arrow.

 

'The creature would die choking on sand, ironic' Lycus thought as he fastened the last string on the arrow head, only now noticing the circling motion the arrows were making in the sand, they were like puppets without strings. 

 

Persephone's Hate were good for invisible opponents and worth their weight in gold for him.

 

Deciding to avoid being buried himself, Lycus got ready to run at the first sign of motion but suddenly all the arrows faced inwards. He rolled to prevent the sword from piercing his leg and barely avoided the water spears.

 

His arrow's feather was wet now, Lycus shot at the retreating form of Camiel who at that same moment used her powers to make him miss the first arrow. It lodged itself in the sand behind her head, what she didn't notice was the second arrow. As she burrowed into the sand, it grazed her scales.

 

She obviously noticed this, as she lunged again at Lycus. Her speed was slower than she was used to, she stepped back to retreat but Lycus - seemingly out of tricks lunged at her with his Longsword Bright, not allowing her to retreat. She barely kept him away using her spear and tried her best to kill the elf using water lashes as the armor around his arm and gloves was chipped away after just two strikes.

 

Seeing this as good of an opportunity as ever, Camiel threw the spear straight at Lycus.  She mustered her strength even as her arm began to numb while Lycus's sword burned with flames that he directed at her. She was caught between throwing the spear and barely avoided her skull turning into a Halloween decoration.

 

Lycus noticed the spear too late as it emerged from the flames and jabbed into his foot, rendering it immobile. Lycus immediately pulled out the spear and out of spite threw the spear in the direction of the hole Camiel had just burrowed into.

 

A moment later the spear was retrieved by Camiel as she sank herself back into the ground and appeared on a dune far away.

 

She spent the next few minutes avoiding Lycus and gathering small injuries, but more importantly diluting the poison in her body. She didn't know how long it may last so she needed strength for one final push.

 

Lycus seemed immobile, he merely stood still. He was wrapping a cloth onto his feet and his sword seemed normal as of the moment.

 

Unbeknownst to her Lycus in a single use of Heart Star had healed most of his foot along with his fatigue and was still as good as when he had started.

 

Gaining some semblance of strength back into her arms and shaking the dizzying feeling off from her eyes, Camiel disappeared.

 

Lycus, on the other hand, was assured of his victory and didn't bother with Persephone's Hate for guidance and let her approach.

 

As Camiel carefully approached him from under the sand, both warriors prepared for what would most likely be the final confrontation.

 

*Woosh*

 

The sand parted around Lycus, who to his credit seemed distressed and didn't bother moving a single step. With a few holes appearing within the nearby sand fast, Lycus let a single hand fall on the ground appearing off guard; Camiel took this as a chance to lunge from the ground with her spear aimed directly for his head.

 

She would've noticed the slight raise of Lycus' eyebrow but she was caught off guard by her spear exploding in her hand. It launched her forward, which she conjured a weak wave of water in response to clear the immediate area and hopefully bring Lycus down.

 

Lycus however had retreated to a safe place and watched as Camiel fell straight to the area he had been standing in. With sheer will, she tried to stand up.

 

*Snap*

 

With the azure flow of the runes beneath her feet Camiel's skin burned. She let out a horrifying scream as her flesh sizzled from the steam. A few moments before this steam would've been of no threat to her, but for the first time in her life she had been hurt using her own element.

 

Luminous

 

Lycus's eyes appeared to have stars in them. He readied his bow and let out two Damascus arrows which pinned Camiel to the desert floor by her hands. The sky loomed over her, observing her demise.

 

She had been better than expected. Not that he expected much, but nonetheless it was a good experience for him who did not have the terrain advantage

 

The fight was over: the proctor appeared and declared Lycus the winner as he left Camiel to dye the golden sands crimson.

 

Fefnir would be mad at him.

 

Voting will open within two hours, exactly when the other version of this fight is posted. Since it has been a while, you may want to reread the Character Chapters of our contestants as a refresher.

CC 5 – Lycus

CC 10 – Camiel

3