Opening of Green-grove daycare
80 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nothing but excitement filled Evan's mind as he woke up the next day, his face brimming with joy that he utterly lacked in the past 2 months. 

Today was the day where he would make his parents proud.

He would inherit the family business and make history.

He would lead green-gove into an era of prospering.

The ad seemed to be quite well done, as a small line of people was outside. 

It seems like a news station wanted to interview him about the distinction he got in his breeder's ad, but after showing them he can't talk, they apologized 

"The opening of Green-grove daycare has reunited former citizens of Floaroma town with the old memories of the former day-care, which was run by Elise and Stephen Zyra, Basic breeders with Elise passing her results with an Excellent pass, whereas people speculate the previously mentions Stephen was a con-man, that attached to his wife and families success."

Evan listened to the new's reporter with disgust in his face, his anger present.

His father....a con-man?

he knew breeding more than anyone!

"The Daycare shop has been re-opened by their disabled son, Evan Zyra, who passed his examination with a Distinction." The camera panned over to the right, where Evan looked straight into the camera with visible disgust.

"Will the daycare fail? or will the Floaroma town star Evan fail to live up to his parent's standards-"

Evan's eyes were red, as he stared straight into the camera, which was panned into him.

Something came out of him, something only he could see.

A pink aura surrounded him, rage fueling something inside of him.

The reporter was closing up, before the camera exploded, sending both of them backwards.

Evan used his wheelchair to go back into the store before they got up.

"What was that?" The female reporter glared at the cameraman 

"I dunno?" He frowned and shrugged, before saying "Fuck, this isn't live and the tapes busted."

The female reported sighed, before mumbling something and walking away.

"Let's go get some coffee." She said, "I don't get paid enough for this,"

"I agree." 

the commotion didn't bother any of the residents, as some of them looked at the day-care with sadness

"I feel bad for his boy." 

"He's resilient like his mother." 

"The least we can do is support him."

"Yes..yes."

aside from them were the people that held their children or grandchildren with excitement.

They saw the ad, and they wanted to get a household pokemon or one their children can grow up with.

The prices were guaranteed, and the distinction and quality of life that was confirmed there was very exciting.

Then there were the trainers, those who had just travelled from Jubilife or eterna city and decided to stop along the way to see the choices for their teams. 

Evan calmed down, before putting on a fake smile and opening the door.

People swarmed in, as they went to the small tablet that was upgraded with the advanced life checkup.

All standard day-cares have touchscreen large tablets where people can scroll through the eggs and look at the ones they wish to buy.

It now has tags, from low-high prices, even stat specific such as highest base speed, best eggs moves etc.

It makes the customer's job easier, and it makes his. 

Some weren't here for the eggs, as some came for the advice with the pokemon.

People seemed to believe that they could help give them advice on the pokemon route they should take and health tips.

Evan was all for them, as knowledge was something he did not lack.

Of course, some of it was hard to explain with pieces of paper, but he would come up with a solution with that very soon.

What was that solution?

Becoming a first stage Psychic of course. 

People came and go, and there were a lot more people than Evan expected. 

Most of them were trainers, which made him more confused because he expected old people with children or his mother's previous customers. 

they preferred the orange aptitude pokemon, and within an hour or so all the shallow orange aptitude pokemon were practically gone, with the chincou and finneon still remeaning.

The sandile was an instant success, as the young trainer asked for advice for helping it grow, of which Evan gave him some tips and a complimentary potion.  

The smile on that boy's face made Evan smile as he realised that he too enjoyed watching people be happy. 

The Darumaka wasn't for sale, as Evan had put its egg in his bedroom.

More and more people came, but Evan rubbed his temples.

He needed more pokemon eggs, or he would be screwed.

He didn't know it was going to be this fast!

The finneon and Chincou eggs were sold to a lovely couple, the snubull egg going to a rich young girl that held the egg with affection.

The Lotad were a big hit because of its cuteness and derpness, the skitty's were incredibly good as well, as they were quickly consumed.

By the end of the day, all the eggs and potions were gone.

"Arceus Christ." Evan cursed, looking at all of his inhibitors, which were empty.

all of the eggs were sold, even the 25 Evan planned to keep.

All that remained was the duramaka that had started to shake.

At least it wasn't a complete loss.

 He had made a large amount of money.

This time he wasn't going to hold back.

By the end of the week,  the daycare will be populated, not by eggs. But by living and breathing pokemon. 

Though, he should get tangled up in the sucess.

It was likely his sales won't be increasing, most likely decrease. 

This is because once a large batch of trainers gets a pokemon, they probably won't come back again until a long time.

He had faith.

Closing the store with a smile, Evan realised that all the work had just begun.

Cleaning the mess, making sure everywhere were clean.

He had gotten many 5-star reviews on Poketrust and social media, which caused him to smile.

Such nice people.

there were also 4-star reviews about how it didn't have many choices in pokemon, and that it was only eggs blah blah blah.

Evan responded to each of them with reassurance and positivity, talking about the future. 

Planting the seed that will bear fruit in the future.

But now, it was his favourite time of day.

Time to check how much money he earned.

He had made such a profit it was almost addicting.

It was time to count the money.

 

4