Chapter 12- The Younger Sibling
1.9k 16 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was at Home, for a lot longer than I intended. It was now almost noon. Did Pinkzilla come up here to check on me? Looking at the desk I could see that the oatmeal bowl was still there, but that proved nothing. Opening the door a crack to bypass the magic soundproofing of Tulip's, and using my enhanced senses I listened in on Pinkzilla. The TV was on. The news? I could hear her voice, but no one else's. No wait, there was another voice, almost like... electronic. A phone, she was talking on the phone, and it didn't sound urgent, so I guess I was in the clear.

Shutting the door and turning my attention to the birdhouse floating just below the ceiling. I preformed my spider-man trick again to look into the little entrance hole. Tulip was still asleep and somehow her sleeping position had gotten worse. She was now face planted into her pillow with her ass sticking in the air. How do you sleep like that? I wondered. 

Oh well, weird sleeping position or no I didn't blame her for still being asleep. I would likely still be asleep myself if PinkZilla hadn't woke me up. A few hours had passed by and still to Tulip. I was sitting on the bed looking at my phone. I hadn't looked at it since the first day here, also I had received no phone call's or texts since what I have decided to call The Incident. I looked through my contacts, all gone. Tulip had erased all of them. 

I then used my phone to browse the internet. I searched for myself. My old self that is. It would appear that I have been declared missing as of this morning. My house disappearing and making a giant hole likely had something to do with it. Of course, the reason I disappeared, had been declared as running from the law. Which meant that I or at least former me was on America's most-wanted list. I had to clear that somehow.

Something else caught my eye. An interview with my only surviving relative my little brother. Of the two of us, he took more after our caucasian father in looks, but Ironically had a Japanese name, Suguro. Where I took after our Japanese mother in looks and had a western name, Timothy. Of course, both of us had the last name, JacksonBurg. Nothing eastern about that, now is there?

I pressed play. 

Reporter: So why do you think your brother took all that money and ran? 

Suguro: He's just like that you know, I remember he came back from over sea's, would give his brother time of day y' know.

Bullshit! This addict brother of mine took every dime I had after I got home. I tried getting him help, get him clean and sober, but he took every dime and used it to buy more drug's. Even now I could see he was completely smashed. He was twitchy, breathing heavy, his eye's unfocused and darting all over the place. There was more to the interview, but I couldn't watch anymore. 

Looking at some more local Texas new's. For any information that could be important regarding myself, I found another interview with one of the three women who stole my money. This interview was just as bad. She accused me of sexual harassment. Talked about how I would touch her and her coworkers inappropriately, and whisper offers of sex in their ear. Bitch! None of that was true. I was nothing but respectful. There was that one time when I had to reprimand one of them, but come on I was just being the "The Boss" it wasn't personal. So why?

Watching this was just stressing me out. I checked the time before putting my phone on the nightstand. Almost 4:00 pm. I needed to use the restroom. If Tulip wasn't awake by the time I got back. I'll wake her up myself whether she likes it or not. 

On my way back to The Pink Room. I heard something going on downstairs. Lethal Weapon was home. At that moment I thought of the desk in The Pink Room. I knew all too well what it was like to be helpless like that. A few time's back in the middle east, I would find myself wandering the base when friends were too badly wounded to know whether or not they would make until tomorrow. I knew that I needed to do something even if it helps no one but yourself in the end. Being sympathetic, to what Lethal Weapon went through, during my 24-hour "illness" I went down to say hello if for no other reason then to show him I was ok. 

Halfway down the stairs, just before the turn, I stopped because Lethal Weapon and Pinkzilla were discussing something interesting. 

Lethal Weapon was speaking at this moment. "You are not going to belive the day I just had. I just spent a whole night, morning, and most of this afternoon talking to witnesses about a vigilante, and most, not all, described the same imposable thing." He stopped for some reason. "AHH, I shouldn't say any more."

"Are you sure? It might help with the stress, I'll just pretend I didn't hear anything." I couldn't help but be a little impressed with how Pinkzilla handled her stressed-out husband. 

"Yeah, well you might not believe me anyway." I heard some humor in his voice now.

"Try me," Pinkzilla replied. There was something off about how she said it.

I waited for more intel and waited, but all I could hear was a smacking noise. were they kissing? How did that happen? I wasn't going to just stand there all day. Going down the rest of the way. My suspicion was confirmed as I saw them in their loving embrace by the couch. 

They didn't notice me, slightly annoyed by this. I rolled my eyes and just asked. "So what were you talking about?" They looked over, obviously embarrassed.

Lethal Weapons embarrassment faded away quickly. He looked me up and down. "So you're all better then?"

"I don't think I'm dying so..." I replied. Giving a bit of a shrug. I wasn't sick, to begin with, so I wasn't sure how else to answer.

Lucky for me, Lethal Weapon seamed to have a good sense of humor. "HA, well that's good to hear." His happiness energy levels weren't, exactly on par with Pinkzilla's, but I could tell he was both thrilled and relieved.

"Oh well, I'm glad you came home when you did Rob." Pinkzilla chimed in looking at her watch. "There is something that I need to grab, and the store that has it closes at 5." 

Lethal Weapon looked a little disappointed "Oh ok, well hurry back." He watched his wife leave, then turned to me. "Well, it looks like it just you and me kid."

"Looks like." There wasn't much talking after that, because Lethal Weapon did the typical dad thing. He sat down turned on the TV and went straight to sleep.

After a short while, I decided to go back upstair's. I didn't make it very far however because the front door opened again. I came walking in a boy with a school bag slung over his shoulder. To guess I'd say he was about 12 years old. "I home!" He called.

Lethal Weapon woke up "Oh hey, stranger what brings you here?"

The boy rolled his eyes "Yeah I'm total stranger, whatever dad."

Lethal Weapon chuckled and joked. "Awww, come on I haven't seen you all weekend, I just forgot who you were is all." Lethal Weapon went into the kitchen for a cup of coffee.

The boy shook his head. "Yeah, because one weekend is such a long time."

The boy hadn't seen me yet, because I was just far enough up the stairs, that at least most of me was out of his line of sight. I decided it was only fair to come back down, to say hello. 

The boy spotted me approaching him and raised an eyebrow, likely not sure of what to think of me. He reached out his hand and was about to say something, but I beat him to it.

Taking his hand I said. "Hi, you must be my new little brother! Nice to meet you." The look on Little Brother's face was priceless, and behind me, I heard Lethal Weapon spitting out his coffee, as he was suddenly overcome with laughter. It was a joke of course. Gender thing completely aside. the truth of the matter was that I was a 37-year-old trapped in a child's body. Unfortunately for Little Brother, Unless of course I completely lost my mind, I would never be able to see him as older than me. 

Little Brother being completely confused. "I'm, um, no? I'm older."

"Whatever you say, little guy." I gave him a quick pat on the shoulder and went back upstairs. I made it to The Pink Room door when I hear Little Brother telling me to wait and his footsteps bounding up the stairs. He made it up and looked at me. After my interesting introduction, I don't think you knew what to say. 

He looked at my hand on the doorknob of The Pink Room. "Hey, um, what do you think of the room?"

"It's, very pink." Honestly what else was there to say about it.

He smiled "Hey crazy right, it's like the color of my, err, I mean, our mom's soul or something."

I snorted at the thought. "Yes, I can imagine that."

"Um yeah, talk to you later ok, I got homework to do so..." He awkwardly moved passed me and slipped into his room. 

39