Chapter 5- A State of Nothing
2.3k 6 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was in and out of it for a while. Pinkzilla, being dressed, being put in bed. I vaguely remember any of it. Imagine a hangover, it felt nothing like that, in fact, it was way worse. No one except people who had to go through it themselves would have a clue. Putting it into words forget it. You would have to invent a whole new language to do so.

Like I said I didn't remember much, but there was one thing that was easy to remember because it was the only constant. It was Tulip, she never left my side. I remember coming to once, just long enough and vivid enough to say her name.

"Hey." She said. "Don't push yourself, your body is still in shock after what I did, it should be almost over. Just go back to sleep partner. I got your back out here ok.

Did she just call me partner? Fuck it, that sleep thing sounds like a great idea I'll do that. Back to black, I went. Ah yes, another thing about this there were no dreams, just nothing. 

The next memory. Pinkzilla and Lethal Weapon were standing over me with very concerned looks on there faces. Also someone else, who was this guy. My vision was very blurry and I couldn't get a good look at him, he was old I could tell that much. What was that hanging from his head? It came out both his ears and down his neck with shiny at the end. It was so shiny. The shiny was now in his hand and brought down on my chest. I couldn't read his expression I think my vision was getting worse. 

There was one thing that I could still see clearly. A birdhouse just above the dresser. Tulip was there sitting on the bird perch looking annoyed. With who? Them? Why? I didn't understand, and eventually faded away again.

The last and final time I woke up I felt like a new man, or girl. It didn't matter, I felt great!

 

 

I know this one is painfully short but honestly I kind of liked it as was. I felt that adding anything else would have undercut the drama of the processes the MC had to go through to obtain the power.

I also want to add that this is were chapter releases slow a little as I have real work pays the bills to do.

 

49