chapter 11- The Final Touches.
1.7k 5 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I came back to the pink room, around 3:00 AM. Despite a 24 hour nap I was now completely wiped out. Regardless it was a good night's work. Dozens of thief's, a few drug dealer's, and one want-to-be rapist who, thanks to doctor .50 cal, was now eunuch. All shot up, still alive and ready for the slammer. No large groups just individuals doing really stupid shit.

Eunuch- Noun- A man who no longer has his ball's or dick. 

Not the official definition but there you go.

"So how many points was that?" I asked Tulip getting ready to hit the sack again. Sure I could go to my own space, and never come here again, but I wasn't a heartless asshole. These people were just as much of a victim's in this as I was, and deserved better than to have their new pride and joy, just vanish. It helped that I had Tulip's assurance that with a little memory manipulation that she could easily replace me with someone who, actually is, an orphan in need of a home.

"About 25 for stopping each individual crime, and about 25 more for each criminal if your justice system does its job." She answered.

"So I got to rely on the feds. Oh well, they were all caught in the act, with witnesses. Can't imagine someone being dumb enough not to prosecute." I said optimistically.

"Well, you are going to have to rely on them. As I have told you before, as Divine Hero your authority is well... Divine, as per The Rule your are above human law, however by giving the lawbreakers over to human law enforcement, you have fallen back on human judgment and now you must wait for their decision on the matter." Tulip didn't sound as optimistic as I felt.

At this point, I had already got changed and was back in bed. "Goodnight Tulip." 

I hear Tulip sigh. Flutter over to the light switch that was never turned off. "Goodnight, hero." She then turned off the light and flew into her house.

Next, I knew, I was being woken by Pinkzilla once again, this time my back was to her and she petting the back of my head. I looked over to her. Squinting a little as the morning light came through the open door. "Huh, what?" Was all I could manage in my sleepy state.

Pinkzilla's face went from somber to pure joy within the time it takes lightning to strike. "You're awake, oh my precious girl. How do feel?"

Oh right! I'm supposed to be sick right now! With all that had happened last night, I had completely forgotten. I was also supposed to be wearing a pink dress. A pink dress that was carelessly thrown by me, and visible to anyone on top of the desk. Well if she doesn't bring it up I won't. I thought.

"I'm feeling fine." Frankly, I wasn't sure how to play this. Do I fake being sick still, or not?

"Oh that's good, that's good," I swear if happiness were renewable energy, then Pinkzilla could power the whole city right now. "I've already called the school they know not to expect you. So just continue resting."

School? Right, I forgot about that too. God bless you Pinkzilla. Going back to that hell was the last thing I was ready for, and now I have one more day to mentally prepare. "Ok, thanks," I said.

"Now, I've already called off of my work I'll be back up here with breakfast if you're hungry. Are you hungry?" 

"Uh, yeah, a little." I was hungry. 

"Alright then." Pinkzilla walked out of the room and down the stairs.

I was still under the covers enough that she didn't see me sleeping in my underwear like I normally do, but still, I had to get that dress put away. There was still a chance she didn't notice it sitting on the desk. I got out of bed and moved to the desk grabbed the dress. Opened the closet looking for somewhere to put it. A hamper just below my poor hung up suits turned dresses. That will do, and that's where it went. I also took the time to throw my clothes from my night out in as well. They kind of stuck after a night of ass-kicking.

Getting on some new clothes similar to what I wore that night. I then decided to check in on Tulip. This was also an excuse to practice a technique that Tulip herself taught me last night. I put some magic energy into the palm of my hands, jumped up, and stuck to the ceiling like spider-man. 

Peaking inside her birdhouse. I got to see two very interesting things. The first thing it was bigger on the inside. Like that blue box from that one British TV show, that I've been meaning to, but never watched. Inside was just about anything you could need, a bed, a desk, a small kitchen, etc. The second thing was Tulip's sleeping position. She was sprawled out as if her life depended on taking up as much room as possible, and she was drooling like a rabid animal. I quickly dropped from the ceiling before my laughter woke her up. 

It was a good thing I got down to because Pinkzilla came into the room at that moment with a bowl of hot oatmeal. Of course, she took one look at me out of bed. "Oh! You're moving around and everything! Aren't you!" This woman's happiness levels were lethal at this point.

"Yeah, I can come down and eat at the table." I offered. 

"Oh no! don't be silly just stay up here, don't strain yourself." She put the bowl on my desk. "I'll be downstairs if you need anything. Oh, also your older brother William will be coming home today so you'll finally get meet him!" Her excitement was once again ridiculous. She then finally left the room.

My "older brother" Hm, well this should be interesting. I thought. I sat and ate. Never been much for oatmeal, but it was cinnamon flavored, and I did like cinnamon so it wasn't that bad. 

Yet another bonus of not needing to go to school, is that I now had time to work on some magic. Specifically, a Dimensional Shift power that, would allow me to manipulate objects. Limited to personal objects of course. 

I didn't need it to do anything drastic. All I needed was an outfit to kick-ass in. what I wore last night was serviceable, but impractical. I needed a coat, one with plenty of pockets, pants that didn't try to fall off of me at top speeds, as my sports shorts did, and boots, nothing against my sneakers, but Tulip had to make some emergency repairs halfway through the night, and then again when we were done.

It was a risky move because Pinkzilla could come to check on me at any moment. Opening a Doorway to Home, I walked through and got to work. Some other limitations of Object Manipulation were I could change something shape, but not it's mass or structure, so I couldn't just make a soft object bulletproof.  

As I thought about what to do, I walked up to my real bedroom. I opened up my closet and examined the clothes that for whatever reason Tulip left alone, I saw that in the back was my old army uniform. I made a mental note to thank Tulip later for leaving that alone.

Gathering around a few articles of clothing. Starting with A black leather jacket. Pouring magic into the jacket feeling its structure and reshaping it in the way Tulip described to me last night, as I hopped from rooftop to rooftop.

I adjusted its size to fit me to find exactly what Tulip had been talking about. The jacket was my size now sure but it became thick. If I were to wear this it would only slow my movement. I then began to reposition the leather in other places, a few extra pockets, a hood, but it was still too thick, I then made a long coattail that went down to my knees. That evened it out nicely. Next, the pants. 

I grabbed some blue jean cargo pants. This one was proofing to be difficult, as I had no idea what to do with all the extra denim once it was shrunk down. After some thinking, and completely against my better judgment I turned that extra denim into a skirt. Technically it was still pants, just with some extra fabric waving around my hip. I guess I could hide something under it like a knife or two. I thought to myself trying to find some kind of reassurance that I wasn't heading down some path I couldn't back away from. Next, the boots. 

I had a pair of old black work boots lying around that would work. Readjusting the boots steel toe's was the hardest part, but I managed. Like before I had a lot of extra leather to work with after form-fitting the boots to my now smaller feet. I moved this leather up my calf just below the knee, while making sure my ankle could still move freely. 

I was done and more or less satisfied with my overall appearance, but that wasn't the point of this. Taking it all off I then started practicing object warping. Warping my "Combat Clothes" on and off my body. It was just practice, and this was the most precise, and challenging method I could think of. Make an object appear in my hand was one thing, but making something appear and form around me, was proving to be just as challenging as I thought it would. Now to go back and tell Tulip of my accomplishment. 

41