Chapter 10- The Hornets Nest
1.9k 8 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rico had just awoken, to a beautiful morning. The sky was clear, and he lived just far enough outside the city that smog wasn't an issue. He decided to start the day with a morning swim before breakfast. As he climbed out of the pool he saw a man waiting for him patiently. This was odd. Rico knew that this man wouldn't be here this early in the morning unless something had or will eventually go wrong. 

The Right Hand was what the men under Rico called him. Given the background of most men in the organization, they were muscle bound, tattooed, often with shaven heads to look tough. Not this man he was very unassuming to look at this, a slender Hispanic man who's claim and clean presence could get him easily mistaken for a waiter at a high end overpriced restaurant. Rico had to remind himself from time to time that The Right Hand was a born killer. Rico had nothing to worry about however because The Right Hand was Rico's right hand. Regardless The Right Hand was the best at what he did. Making sure all the right people were paid off or taken care of so the product moved smoothly.

"The police are saying it was a vigilante. He hit some of our dealers during the sale. They are not dead, and the mayor is letting them go, but the police, took the goods."  A vigilante was an unforeseen event that neither Rico or The Right Hand could help. 

Sitting with his feet in the pool Rico thought about what he had just heard. "Does it appear that this vigilante. Is targeting our operation specifically?" 

"No, sir. Whoever this is, he hit least two dozen others. All petty crooks and assholes. Shot everyone up good, but as I said before, no one's dead." Answered The Right Hand.

"If he's not after us now, he will be eventually. I want him found and killed before that happens." Rico ordered.

The Right Hand smiled. "It will be my pleasure."

 

A very short chapter I know, but I think I'm going to more of these as needed to get background events moving into the foreground

36