Chapter 631: An Intelligent Enemy
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler
[collapse]

Chapter 631: An Intelligent Enemy

 

Narrator: Back at the unknown location.

*Raylee flies back into the dimly lit room again*

Raylee: Hey! Listen! I have a report!

Rom: Yes, what is it?

Raylee: Zeth, Sasha, and the crew they have gathered have all landed on Flora World!

Rom: Perhaps, we should take a visit to that planet soon. We will see if they can handle the god of that world.

 

***

 

Narrator: Back inside the pyramid.

*A set of double doors burst open and Ivy’s horde of demons start rushing into the large open room. The first demon in stabs a male angel before he can react. The rest of the angels are shocked*

Female Angel 1: Demons!? How did they get in here!?

Male Angel 1: There’s no time to figure that out! Fight back! Destroy them!!

*The angels and demons begin to engage in combat. The angels and demons that meet in the middle use physical attacks such as punches and kicks. The ones in the back begin using ranged magic attacks. Each side is able to deal some serious blows to the other*

*Froid stands at the entrance of the room so he can avoid being hit by any attacks. He continues to smoke his cigarette*

Froid: (Thinking) This will indeed be a bloody battle. I will do what I can to heal the wounded… even if our chances of surviving are almost none.

*Froid blows out a puff of smoke*

 

***

 

Narrator: Back with Ivy and the heroes that are heading elsewhere in the pyramid.

*Ivy, Zeth, Sasha, Kurt, Pearl, Lavana, Herbigon, Dusk, and Kazuma have begun heading in the opposite direction of the pyramid where the battle is taking place*

Ivy: (Thinking) Good luck to you all! Please make it out of that battle alive!

*Sasha looks at Ivy as they move, her expression showing concern*

Sasha: Are you going to be okay?

Ivy: I’m fine. Don’t worry about it. I already know what the cost of this mission will be.

Sasha: …If you say so.

Lavana: We just have to make sure the mission is a success.

Pearl: Easier said than done. We’re taking on the Light God of this world. If the Dark Goddess of Earth is any indication, that will be a very difficult task.

Zeth: We can handle it. Unless the Light God has something comparable to Dakame’s Darkest of All form, defeating him shouldn’t be too much trouble.

 

***

 

Narrator: In the throne room of the pyramid.

*A male angel enters the throne room and he looks quite panicked as he looks at Daren and Grant*

Male Angel: I have an urgent report!!

Daren: What is it?

Male Angel: A horde of demons have somehow broken into the pyramid and are currently engaging in battle with our angel forces in the main hall!!

*Daren is shocked*

Daren: What!?!?!? How could they get in!!? We have surveillance all around the pyramid!!

Male Angel: We don’t know yet, my lord!

*Daren is frustrated and looks over at Grant*

Daren: Grant, my son, go kill the demons!!!

Grant: I do not think that would be wise.

*Daren’s anger increases*

Daren: And why not!!? Don’t you dare disobey your father!!

*Grant calmly gives his answer*

Grant: I believe this could be a diversion for other intruders to sneak farther into the pyramid. Think about it. We have no idea how they actually got into the pyramid so why would they waste their secret invasion by attacking the main hall? They would have to be very foolish to have nothing else in their plan.

*Daren starts to calm down*

Daren: Ah, that is a good thought. Well then, I trust you to do what will be necessary to stop them.

Grant: I will handle it, father. Their leaders will meet their end soon.

*Grant starts leaving the throne room and as he heads through the door, he encounters Simon*

Simon: I have something that I need to tell you.

Grant: Go ahead.

*Simon pauses a moment before finally speaking*

Simon: …We have a rat among our own.

 

***

 

Narrator: Back at the Stargazer.

*Joe and Emily leave the ship and head down to ground level. They see someone approaching from the distance*

Emily: Jeff is right. There is someone heading this way. It’s hard to tell but the person does not look like anyone that I recognize.

Joe: Just be ready to fight. I doubt this person is coming to sit down and have a beer with us.

*Soon, they can finally fully see the person. It is the cigar-smoking man. The man is wielding a gatling gun. Joe and Emily get in their battle stances*

Emily: That guy definitely looks like trouble!

*Once the man gets close enough, Joe shouts*

Joe: Who the hell are you!?

*The man puffs out smoke from his cigar and speaks with a rugged voice*

Man: Who am I, you ask? My name is Boom Guy.

Joe: Boom Guy?

Emily: We don’t want your alias! We want to know your actual name!

Boom Guy: That is my actual name. My first name is Boom and my last name is Guy.

Emily: Seriously!?

Boom Guy: Enough of that though. I have come for one thing and one thing only. And that is to light you all up!

Joe: This guy means business! Let’s do this, Emily!

Emily: Right!

Narrator: The heroes have put their diversion plan into action but Grant shows off his intelligence by sniffing out that plan! And Emily and Joe must fend off Boom Guy to protect the Stargazer!

Chapter 631 END

To be Continued in Chapter 632: Joe and Emily vs Boom Guy

0