Chapter 639: An Opening in the Vines
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler
[collapse]
My hiatus is now over. As stated at the end of the last chapter, I'm changing the writing style for this story. Now, the only dialogue that will still use the underlined name: is narration. Since I'm caught up, daily chapters will no longer be a thing. I have written 2 chapters while on hiatus so there will be one today and tomorrow but after that, chapters will be posted within a day of me having finished writing them.

Chapter 639: An Opening in the Vines

 

Narrator: Back to Zeth, Pearl, and Ivy who are still fighting Wally.

“Care to take another crack at it? I would love to see more of your futile attempts to attack me.” Wally says with an amused tone.

“Maybe you should come out and face us for real instead of forming yourself using only vines.” Zeth replies in annoyance.

“Don’t worry. We will find this joker’s weakness. His ass is done for once his real body takes all the hits.” Ivy responds to Zeth with assurance.

“I’m just worried we are going to waste all of our energy on this guy and not have much left in the tank for Daren.” Pearl says with concern.

Zeth points forward and speaks with confidence. “We will get through this. We always do!”

Zeth starts forming many Star Shards in his hands.

Wally laughs as he begins speaking. “Hehehehehe! Those things again? What a waste.”

“Just watch!” Zeth shouts.

Zeth throws his Star Shards in all directions. The Star Shards start carving through many of the vines covering the walls.

“Hehehehe! What did that accomplish?” Wally laughs in amusement.

Zeth forms more Star Shards and throws them at more of the vines. As some vines on the ceiling are carved through, another Wally drops down from above.

“Got you!” Zeth shouts.

Zeth throws his last few Star Shards at Wally. However, once they hit him, his body just turns into a vine that drops to the floor.

“Hehehehehe! You just don’t get it! Did you really think I was limited to just one vine clone?” Wally again laughs in amusement.

All of the vines throughout the room begin pummeling Zeth, Ivy, and Pearl again. Once they stop, they return to their original positions. The vines that were carved by Zeth’s Star Shards fully revive and also return to their original position.

Pearl coughs up some blood and then starts thinking to herself. (“There has to be something I can do to at least allow Zeth and Ivy to move on. Something… There MUST be something!”)

Wally gives the heroes a thumbs-up. “You all are giving it so much effort! Keep entertaining me!” He says with amusement.

Ivy has her fingers on her hands touch the fingers of the other hand. She separates her hands and a stretchy band of a dark pink poison substance extends out, getting longer as the hands separate.

“Let’s see if this attack gets us anywhere. This joker has been on the stage for long enough!” Ivy states.

Ivy uses her hands to fling the stretchy substance to both her left and right. The poison substance sticks to both ends of the walls.

“Your vines may be able to revive but I bet it won’t be so nice when they keep being continuously poisoned!” Ivy shouts.

Ivy uses her hands to push the poison substance forward. The substance sticks to the vines on the walls on that side of the room, killing the vines. It also sticks to the Wally clone. The poison causes the clone to turn back into vines and then die.

Ivy smirks and says, “The vines can revive as much as they want, they will continue to die instantly every time.”

The vines begin to revive after dying from poison but they do indeed instantly die upon full revival.

“Hehehehehe! That’s a nice strategy, but it’s nothing that I can’t overcome! Watch this!” Wally’s voice echoes in shout throughout the room.

The poison-covered vines fall to the floor and then new ones grow around the walls where the old ones used to be.

“See? Good as new. Hehehehe!” Wally’s voice echoes throughout the room in laughter. “Now it’s my turn.”

All the vines in the room begin attacking Zeth, Ivy, and Pearl. They try their best to fight them off but there are just too many to stop all of the hits.

Zeth spits some blood out from his mouth and stomps his foot on a vine beneath his feet in frustration. “Screw this! We might as well just use an attack that destroys the entire room!” He yells.

“I don’t recommend doing that. We would be damaging ourselves in the process and destroying the pyramid prematurely could hinder our ability to learn about it.” Pearl mentions.

Zeth looks at Pearl and says, “We’re running out of options here. We can’t spend all day with this guy.”

Pearl looks ahead at the vine-covered exit with determination and declares, “I will create a path forward. I just need a little bit more time.”

Ivy raises an eyebrow and then asks, “Are you sure you’re about to come up with an idea that works?”

Pearl nods and then says, “Yes. I won’t say more just so I don’t tip my hand to the enemy.”

“Fair enough.” Ivy concludes.

“Enough chit-chat! Show me more of your futile attacks!” Wally’s voice echoes in shout throughout the room.

Pearl focuses on the vine-covered exit. She begins thinking to herself. (“Here’s what I know so far. I know that my crystals can pierce the Wally clones as well as the vines. I know that magic attacks that last only the moment they go into effect are useless here because the vines will quickly revive. I know that using magic attacks that stick to the vines are also useless here because the vines can be dislodged and replaced with new ones. But… what if something else can take the place of the vines? Could that prevent them from growing and blocking our way? My crystals can come out of the floor just like his vines. Is it possible for my crystals to take the place of the vines and push them out of the way? It’s worth a shot!”)

“I’m going to try something! I believe it will work!” Pearl shouts.

Pearl thrusts her right arm forward. Crystals come out from the floor and pierce the thick vines covering the exit, killing them.

“Hehehehe! How disappointing! I was expecting something better than that!” Wally’s voice echoes around the room.

“I’m not done!” Pearl yells.

More crystals come out from the floor where the vines were and they angle out like a V.

Pearl smirks and says, “Unless your vines are stronger than these crystals, they won’t be blocking the exit anymore.”

New vines attempt to grow where the crystals are but they are unable to move them.

“What!!?” Wally’s voice echoes throughout the room in shock.

“Both of you, get going!!” Pearl shouts.

“What about you?” Zeth asks.

“I’ll stay behind. I won’t leave until he is defeated.” Pearl firmly states.

“Okay. If that is what you want. We will get going.” Zeth confirms.

Zeth and Ivy begin running toward the exit.

“You won’t be going anywhere!!” Wally’s voice echoes throughout the room in anger.

All of the vines begin trying to attack Zeth and Ivy but more crystals come out from the floor, killing the vines on the floor in the area and also blocking the vines trying to attack Zeth and Ivy.

“Thanks, Pearl!” Zeth shouts.

Zeth and Ivy make it to the exit and out of the room.

Pearl confidently smiles and says, “It’s just you and me now. I will find a way to take you down.”

Narrator: With Zeth and Ivy now able to go on ahead, Pearl stands alone and is determined to defeat Wally!

Chapter 639 END

To be Continued in Chapter 640: Grant’s Incredible Power

0