Chapter 652: Emotional Scream
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler
[collapse]

Chapter 652: Emotional Scream

 

Narrator: Back in the main hall of the pyramid where the angels and demons have been fighting since the attack on the pyramid started.

The wounded and dead for the demons have been significantly accumulating but Froid continues to do his best tending to them. He looks out at the battle and thinks to himself. (“We will not be able to hold out for much longer. We might all be dead before Queen Ivy and the others defeat Daren. Every time we defeat some angels, more angels enter the room and take their place.”)

Suddenly, a wall in the room breaks apart as Grant is blown into the room by the charged crystal attack. The crystal finally breaks into tiny pieces, ending Grant’s momentum and knocking him down on the floor. Froid and most of the angels are shocked.

The commanding angel shouts in shock, “Prince Grant!? It looks like he has taken significant damage! Who could have done that!?”

Froid’s cigarette falls out of his mouth as he can only look at how wounded Grant is with his mouth and eyes open in surprise. “One of them was able to do that much damage to Grant? Incredible.”

Grant rubs his head and then his chest as he starts to stand back up. The commanding angel smiles in relief as he says, “You’re okay! Thank goodness!”

Grant states, “I see that you are still trying to defeat the intruders that merely are a distraction for their main forces. I guess I will finish them off for you.”

Grant begins releasing a lot of beams of red light. They kill any of the demons that they hit. However, he is not able to get many of them off before a ball of black energy comes into the room and hits him directly, causing a blast that makes him fall to one knee for a moment. Sasha enters the room. She angrily says, “You didn’t forget about me, did you?”

Sasha still has her tail wrapped around a crystal and she has two other crystals stuffed into her shirt. All of the fighting in the room has stopped and all of the attention turns to Grant and Sasha.

Froid takes note of Sasha’s condition. “She looks like she is barely hanging on. For as much damage as she has done to Grant, he must have done even more to her.”

Grant fully stands back up and says with a slight smile, “Yes… For how far you have driven me during this battle, you deserve all of my attention.”

Grant starts taking a few steps forward while Sasha readies her hands. She blocks an incoming blow to her legs with her hands but is unable to stop a blow to her abdomen which knocks her on her back. She coughs up blood as she is in extreme pain. She thinks to herself. (“He has definitely slowed down! I could see his movements! I just couldn’t react in time! But now is my chance!”)

Sasha pulls one of the crystals stuffed in her shirt out through the bottom and thrusts it upward as another blow happens. The blow causes Grant’s extreme speed to stop and blows him upward against the ceiling of the room. Once he hits it, he falls back down and lands flat on the floor. His left hand is shaking in pain as that took the brunt of the charged crystal’s impact.

Both Sasha and Grant begin to slowly stand up. Grant states while breathing heavily, “You got me with a crystal again… Then you must really be able to see my movements now…”

Sasha almost falls over again as she finishes standing up but she replies, “Yeah… You’re no longer quite as fast as you think you are.”

Grant responds, “That won’t matter if I overwhelm you.”

Red beams of light begin shooting at Sasha from many directions. She pulls out the other crystal in her shirt and tries to have the light go through it and the one that her tail is wrapped around. She succeeds with some of the beams but fails with others. The hits that she takes cause her to stumble more.

Sasha thinks to herself in panic. (“Damn it! I almost lost consciousness!”)

Grant’s red light beam attacks begin to decrease. She follows his movements with her eyes rapidly darting in different directions. She thinks to herself. (“My combination attack will finish him! I just need to be able to land the hit!”)

Grant begins to slow down enough that even the others in the room begin to see him. Sasha throws the crystal in her hand at Grant. He opens his eyes wide and focuses on avoiding it. He successfully avoids the crystal. When the crystal hits the wall, a part of it is destroyed and reveals the outside.

Grant thinks to himself. (“That might have dealt more damage than the first crystal she hit me with.”)

While Grant is slightly distracted by the damage to the wall. A black energy ball heads straight toward him. He tries to dodge the black energy ball but a Hell Ape punches him hard from the side, it does barely any damage but it keeps him from avoiding the black energy ball. The ball of energy hits Grant directly. The ball causes an explosion that blasts forward in one direction rather than all around. The blast is extremely powerful and destroys everything in the direction the blast moves in.

Sasha breathes very heavily as she watches the explosion go off. When the explosion clears, Grant is still standing but his shirt is completely gone and he is bloody all over. There is mass destruction behind him with even the outdoor areas suffering damage. Sasha is shocked to see him still standing. “No way!! You can’t possibly survive that!! While you weren’t looking, I formed my dark energy ball around my last crystal and hit you with that combined power!!”

Grant begins walking toward Sasha. He weakly says, “So, you can no longer fight…?”

Sasha just weakly stands still, still in shock at Grant surviving. Grant continues walking and readies his right fist.

In fear, Sasha shouts, “Stay away!”

Froid remarks, “This man truly is a monster. His capabilities truly feel endless.”

As Grant gets close to Sasha, he weakly says, “This battle is over. I have…”

Grant extends out his arm to punch Sasha, but his fist just slightly touches her cheek as he falls forward and lands on the floor face down. He finishes his sentence with, “…lost.” His Blood Magic ends and his body returns to its normal state.

Sasha gasps as her eyes and mouth open wide in shock. With that same expression, she looks down at Grant. All of the angels and demons in the room are also shocked.

With dying breaths, Grant mumbles, “Your combination of power and battle smarts are the best I have ever seen… A worthy opponent like no other…”

Grant’s voice fades as he dies. Everyone stares in silence, trying to process what has just happened. Sasha mumbles, “I won… I actually defeated him…”

She falls to her knees and looks up. She begins screaming. Her screams have a mix of victoriousness, relief, happiness, and exhaustion. She screams for almost a full minute. After her screaming ends, her Soul Power and True Demonic Release end, and she begins to fall forward with her eyes starting to close. She thinks to herself as she falls. (“Everyone… I’ve stopped the light… I leave the rest to you…”)

Sasha falls front side down on the floor and she is now unconscious.

Narrator: Sasha has defeated Grant! With her victory, the light problem should be no more for the heroes still fighting! She has earned the rest that she has fallen into.

Chapter 652 END

To be Continued in Chapter 653: When the Light Shuts Off

1