Chapter 656: Death From The Inside
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler
[collapse]

Chapter 656: Death From The Inside

 

Narrator: In the throne room of the pyramid.

Kurt, Lavana, Herbigon, Dusk, Kasuma, Simon, and Lilly arrive in the throne room and find damage throughout the whole room. They also notice Pearl on the floor who is unconscious. Lilly is tied up by Herbie’s plants.

Kurt shouts, “Pearl!”

He crouches down to check Pearl’s body and puts his ears up to her chest. He then grabs her and stands back up. He notes, “She is still alive. Thank the goddess.”

Lilly states, “They were fighting Daren here. There’s no doubt about that.”

Kasuma asks, “But where did they go now? There are no other bodies here.”

Lavana points up at the ceiling and says, “Look up there. There is a series of large holes in the ceilings above this room. Perhaps that is where they went.”

Kurt responds, “We can check it out but we have to get Pearl to safety.”

 

***

 

Narrator: Back in the main hall where the battle between angels and demons is ongoing.

More and more angel forces are beginning to enter the main hall, significantly outnumbering the demons. Despite that, they continue to do their best to protect Sasha who is still unconscious.

The commanding angel yells, “I want every damn angel in this pyramid to come into this room and take that woman’s head!! Get everyone in here now!!”

Froid picks up Sasha’s body and begins to walk away while other demons guard him. He thinks to himself. (“We’re getting you out of this alive! You’ve done a great deed for us! The least we can do is make sure that you survive even if we all die in the process!”)

An angel successfully flanks the demons and is about to strike Froid from the side.

The angel shouts, “You’re dead!”

Froid shouts in panic, “Oh no!”

Before the angel can strike, Oshon reaches the angel and punches him hard in the face to knock him away.

Oshon states, “I’ve got you covered. Keep going.”

Froid nods his head and replies, “Thanks, Oshon.”

 

***

 

Narrator: Continuing Zeth’s and Ivy’s battle against Light God Daren that is now taking place on top of the pyramid.

Daren looks at Ivy and angrily asks, “What nonsense are you spouting?”

Ivy smugly replies, “You didn’t notice that when you were having all of your plants emerge when you were going into your full power state, I started dripping some of my poison onto the plants around me. When you absorbed those plants, it infected you with my poison. You will be feeling the effects of it soon.”

Daren confidently responds, “You think your pathetic poison will harm my body? It may affect my plants but it will not affect me.”

Ivy smirks as she replies, “You’ll see.”

Daren charges up more of his magic but he flinches for a moment which leads to him coughing up a little blood.

Ivy chuckles and then says, “It looks like I was right. The more power you use to boost yourself from your absorbed plants, the more the poison will harm you. Your time is running out.”

Daren yells in anger, “I am the Light God! This poison may cause harm to my body but it will not stop me from putting you down!”

Daren launches toward Ivy and slashes her with his plant blade, leaving a serious blood wound across her abdomen.

Zeth shouts, “Ivy!!”

Ivy’s body begins rolling down the side of the pyramid’s slanted top. Zeth jumps toward Ivy as Daren is preparing another attack. He succeeds in grabbing Ivy before Daren slashes her again. However, his back gets slashed in the process. He groans in pain. He mutters, “Damn it…!”

Before Daren can unleash another attack, he flinches again and coughs up more blood.

Zeth thinks to himself. (“Now’s my chance!”)

Zeth turns his body and releases a Soul Shine Blast that hits Daren directly. The explosion knocks him back a bit onto a different part of the pyramid’s top.

Ivy mumbles in pain, “You can let go of me. I’m okay…”

Zeth lets go of Ivy, allowing her to stand back up. Before they can do anything else, Kurt flies out from the hole in the pyramid’s top. He sees them and lands to confront them. He asks, “Are you still fighting Daren?”

Zeth points to the area behind Kurt and says, “Yeah. He’s almost finished though.”

Kasuma, Lavana, Dusk, and Herbie jump out through the hole. Kasuma is holding the unconscious Pearl. Then Simon flies out of it with Lilly in his arms.

Ivy shouts in pain, “Those angels…!!”

Kurt responds, “Don’t worry. They have surrendered and will not help Daren anymore.”

Ivy looks at Zeth and states, “You go continue fighting Daren. I have something I need to discuss with these ones.”

Zeth replies, “Right.”

Zeth jumps forward while Ivy focuses on Kurt and the angels.

Simon declares, “We want peace.”

Ivy opens her eyes wide and walks up to Simon with her expression turning to anger and determination. “Peace? You want peace?” She asks. “I’m willing to negotiate but there are two terms that I will not negotiate on. Daren must die and you will end Heaven’s occupation of Hell immediately after. I will not agree to any peace offer that does not include those.”

Simon has trouble responding so Lilly responds instead. “Okay. I accept those terms…”

Ivy’s expression returns to neutral and she replies, “Good. There is one more thing that I need and I need it right now. Stop your angels from slaughtering my demons in the main hall of the pyramid. Declare to them that the battle is over.”

With a serious expression, Lilly replies, “I will.” She then looks over at Herbie and says, “You better untie me or the angels will not think I’m serious.”

Herbie nods as he begins to untie the plants wrapped around Lilly.

Kurt looks at Ivy and says, “We’ll handle stopping the battle. I’m sure you and Zeth will have Daren finished off soon.”

Ivy simply responds, “You can count on it.”

Kurt, Lilly, Simon, Kasuma, Lavana, Dusk, and Herbie all start heading down the side of the pyramid.

 

***

 

Narrator: Back in the main hall of the pyramid.

Froid continues carrying the unconscious Sasha toward the pyramid exit as the angels continue to overwhelm the demons that are protecting him. He thinks to himself. (“Almost there!”)

Suddenly, a small burst of magic energy hits him in the back of his left leg, causing him to drop to his knee in pain. He thinks to himself in panic. (“No!! I’m almost there, damn it!! I have to make it!!”)

Just as Froid is struggling to start moving again. The entrance door opens and a woman begins yelling, “STOP THE BATTLE!!!!!”

The yelling was loud enough for everyone to stop fighting and look over at the entrance to the pyramid. The woman who shouted was Lilly. Froid stares at her with his mouth open in surprise. She walks into the pyramid with Simon, Kasuma, Kurt, Lavana, Dusk, and Herbie behind her. Kasuma is still holding the unconscious Pearl.

The commanding angel looks at Lilly in shock. He shouts, “Miss Lilly!? What is the meaning of this!?”

Lilly begins a speech. “It’s over. Daren is on the verge of defeat.”

Before Lilly continues, the angels in the room all gasp.

Lilly continues speaking. “I also see confirmation that Grant was also defeated. It’s time to admit defeat. I already have. When Daren finally falls, we will begin entering peace talks with Dark Princess Ivy. We shall all leave this pyramid with the dead and wounded in hand before any more blood is shed.”

The angels are speechless. Even the commanding angel doesn’t have a response. The demons still standing begin to cheer about their victory.

 

***

 

Narrator: Back at the top of the pyramid.

Zeth does a launching thrust kick with golden magic energy bursting out. He shouts, “Shining Kick!”

However, Daren dodges and then extends out many sharp thorns from his hand that pierces Zeth’s body. He is in severe pain. Daren tries to do the same with his other hand in an attempt to pierce Zeth’s face but Ivy jumps in and kicks Daren back. She shouts, “I got your back!”

Zeth replies, “Thanks. I know the perfect attack to finish him off but I need you to buy me some time.”

Ivy asks, “How much time?”

Zeth replies, “Hopefully, just a few minutes.”

“I think I can manage that.”

“Okay, I’m counting on you.”

Zeth forms some small golden stars around himself that form a ring. While he does that, Daren blocks a punch from Ivy even as he coughs up blood from the poison. He tries to extend the thorns again but Ivy ducks so he only scrapes by her shoulder. She gut-punches him, causing him to stumble back. Daren retaliates by releasing two venus fly trap plants that clamp onto her upper arms, causing a lot of blood to gush out and also stopping her arms from moving.

Daren angrily states, “These plants will crush through your bones with enough time.”

In a lot of pain, Ivy yells, “Hurry, Zeth!!!!”

Zeth jumps into the air above Daren with the ring of stars still around him.

Daren looks up and yells, “What are you planning!?”

Zeth yells, “Heaven’s Ray!!”

A large golden ray of energy releases down from the ring of stars and Zeth’s body.

With extreme speed, the ray of bursts down and engulfs Daren. It starts to crack the pyramid tiles and soon fully blows Daren down into the pyramid, destroying multiple floors. The ray itself also tears into Daren’s body. However, Daren lands where Pearl’s crystals have spread in the pyramid which results in the crystals being significantly charged with magic.

As Zeth begins to fall from the air, he forms a Shooting Star. He shouts, “And here’s a parting gift!!”

Zeth releases the Soul Shooting Star down into the hole that Daren was blown into.

Down in the hole, Daren is still alive and begins trying to stand up as the ray of light ends. He coughs up a lot of blood from the poisoning and damage that he has taken. He mumbles, “Damn him…”

The Shooting Star comes flying down from above and hits Daren directly into the crystalized floor, setting off the explosive energy that has been charged up in them.

On top of the pyramid, Zeth and Ivy feel and hear rumbling coming from below. The venus fly traps that have bitten Ivy die and fall off.

Ivy worryingly states, “That doesn’t sound good.”

Zeth shouts, “Get off the pyramid!”

Zeth and Ivy jump off the pyramid as the whole thing begins to explode with a bright gold and orange light. Zeth looks on at the explosion with his eyes and mouth open wide in shock. He yells, “Well, that wasn’t supposed to happen!”

Ivy shouts, “What about the others!?”

They hear someone say, “We’re all fine.”

Zeth and Ivy look over to their right and see all the angels and demons. Kurt was the one who had spoken. He continues speaking. “Everyone is out of the pyramid.”

Zeth breathes a sigh of relief and says, “Thank goodness.”

Soon the explosion ends and the lighting returns to normal. The pyramid is nearly completely destroyed.

Zeth regrettably states, “Well, that’s unfortunate. That attack shouldn’t have destroyed the whole pyramid.”

They hear a woman say, “It’s my fault…”

Pearl has awoken in Kasuma’s arms but she is very weak. Zeth looks at her as she continues speaking. “I used my Crystal Sanctum attack and put the whole place at risk of becoming a massive bomb. I’m sorry…”

Kurt responds, “If it couldn’t be helped then that’s okay. There will be more pyramids for us to study.”

Lilly looks at Zeth and says, “I can say there is no way Daren would survive that attack. I guess this is the end of it.”

Zeth replies, “We should check the rubble just to—”

Zeth opens his eyes wide in the middle of his sentence and jumps out of the way as a ‘slice’ begins to appear where he is standing. When Zeth lands back on the ground, he looks at his leg and sees a slash wound on it with blood flowing out. He shouts, “Who did that!?”

Rom and Raylee have shown up and both of them look upset.

Raylee says with disappointment, “You almost had him.”

Everyone looks over at them.

Zeth angrily asks, “Who are you two!?”

Narrator: Zeth and Ivy have defeated Daren but now Rom and Raylee have shown up!

Chapter 656 END

To be Continued in Chapter 657: A New Era for Flora World

1