E3.5 Chapter 6 : Side Job
3k 8 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

E3.5 Chapter 6
: Side Job

 

[Claude POV]

"Ey, Claude… can you help me fix this?" My father said so, while pointing to the trinket in his hand.

"In a minute.." I said while hammering the swords in my hand.

It’s been a year since Rudy went to Roa, and now I’m a full-fledged blacksmith...

"D*mn it, pops! This is child abuse! How could you order your beloved son to work while you’re still alive? " I complained to my father.

"Ey, shut it! It’s your fault that you’re better than me! Look at them. They refused my work and asked for your service. It’s hurting my pride already, and you dare to complain to me? "

Aiii, I never thought that being too good was a bad thing. Because of my talent, I can easily understand how things work. In addition, my training is progressing smoothly, allowing me to develop in plenty of ways.

Due to this talent, I can’t focus on my swords and magic-related things for several months because of this talent of mine in forging and enchantment.

"You better learn well from me, Dad! Don’t you feel embarrassed that your son is better than you? " I said, while smithing the trinket in my hand.

"Shut it, you son of a...." my father, who was taking his note beside me, cursed.

"don’t you dare complete that statement, or I’ll tell mother about it!" I threatened my father, while still focusing on the sound the trinket made every time my hammer hit it.

"D*mn it, just shut your mouth and work! I didn’t raise you to talk back at me! " He suddenly yelled at me.

"D*mn, shameless old man... You are no better than Paul! " I said, while still hammering.

"Hey, I won't send you to another region just to get some work!"

"You won’t dare to since I’m better than you!"

We continue our banter while working. Well, I can say that my relationship with my father is that good.

What Paul did to Rudy became the gossip of the village. While some complained about it, more commended him since the town would have a better future for Rudy.

Luffy was dejected but chose to continue to learn about household matters from Lilia and became a perfect bride for Rudy.

Luffy also learned plenty of things, from a common understanding of the world to the story of Paul, Lilia, and Zenith’s adventure.

Well, leaving Luffy aside.

I unknowingly became a prodigy...

A blacksmith prodigy that can do many things...

Sigh…

I like the money that flows, but I don’t like this slave-like labor...

"Ahhh! I give up! " I said while throwing the hammer.

"Hey! What are you doing… don’t you dare run away! Claude, Clauuuude!! Don’t leave me alone. I’ll die of overwork! "

"I’ll pray that it won’t happen. See you pops!" I wave him goodbye and flee the labor.

I’m sorry, father. I’ll surely pray for you if that happens.

Leaving the smithy, I head towards my princesses.

"I’m here! Norn, Aisha! " I said while running to the babies.

They’re already able to walk and run, albeit slowly. Seeing me, the toddlers lit up and ran.

"Cluuud!"

"It’s Cluud!"

Oh, my princesses, I’m here. Come to meee.

"Raaan!"

"Mama, help! Help! "

"Gyahaha, big brother Claude is here! Where do you want to go, princesses?"

As the toddlers run around, Claude chases after them.

They seem to run around screaming for their mothers, but they smile. They hid their mouths as if they were afraid to be seen, but their cheeks inflated like a balloon.

"I caught you both! Where do you want to run to, my princesses!" I said, carrying both of them in my arm.

"Kyaaa, nooo, clud is bad! Release us, kyahaha. " Aisha yelled while pounding me lightly.

"Yeah, release us! Hahaha" Norn begs to be released as I tickles them.

If Rudy was here, I bet he’d cry tears of blood.

I can see Luffy in the back with Lilia and Zenith. They sure see her as Rudy’s bride-to-be, huh? Isn’t it too soon for them to prepare Rudeus’ bride to be?

Well, it’s not like I’m some harem lord that will collect all the girls...

Just Aisha and Norn will do.

"My wives to be!" I said while hugging them tighter, as I joked about it.

"Nyooo! Who wants to be your bride, D*mn cluuud! " Aisha yelled, smacking my head that was buried between them.

"Yeah! Get your claw off my daughters, you lolicon! "

Paul said threateningly as he shoved me aside and took the babies.

I leave the father and daughters and go to see Sylphy for a while.

Oh well, she’s doing well there. It’s terrible for me to disturb them. Let’s just write a letter to Rudy and send it over.

..

.

[Rudeus POV]

"Yoh! You must be waiting for this handsome man's letter! "

I am grumbling. Reading the opening of the D*mn letter makes me want to choke that narcissus till he faints.

"This person always seems like this, right, Ghislaine?" Eris said.

"Indeed, I can see his character well... Well, he acted like that when we first met"

Oh, Ghislaine seems to be talking about when she stayed in the inn and wore the clothes she was wearing right now.

Although she’s a muscled woman, she still has a nice body.

Claude doesn’t seem to be a pervert who enjoys seeing a woman's skin, unlike Paul and me. Well, I never see him peek at a woman back home…

What do I expect of a child, I wonder?

It’s not like he’s reincarnated like me.

Well, let’s continue.

"Everyone’s doing fine! You don’t need to worry. I’m taking your sisters as my bride and thinking of training them to be good women from the day you receive the letter, but that D*mn Paul is disturbing my goal, so I am focusing on beating the cr*p out of him. That b*stard always uses his water god style and North God style to defeat me whenever he is pushed using the Sword God style. I can see that your father is a shameless tutor, D*mn. Like father, like son... so shameless. " I read it out loud, as I try to patiently read it.

"Hahaha! I like the last phrase! That Paul is indeed shameless, but isn’t your sister around 1-year old by now?"  Ghislaine said, while snickering.

I'd smack your head if I was there, that D*mn pedofilth..."Father should do better at battering him!" I said, grumbling at what the letter said.

"Oh? Didn’t that mean this Claude is strong enough to push Rudeus’ father back? Wow, this is amusing! Ghislaine! Was Rudeus’ father weaker than you?!" Eris said, shouting. Well, when she talks normally, it’s like a shout. So, it’s not really shouting but just her normal way of talking.

That guy is weird. I can see that he’s talented...

The talent an adult would love to have is...

"He is if we are talking only about sword god style. However, he’s only lacking when he’s using all 3 of the styles of the sword. "

Even if he’s using all 3 of his advanced sword styles, he’d still be lacking, huh... So this is the difference between Advanced and King-level Swordsman...

"Whoa, as expected, Ghislaine is strong!" Eris said, looking delighted at the fact.

"Well, the other style can be used for other kinds of situations. In a battle, you can't always expect to be able to strike first, and his mixed style can be said to have more mobility than mine. which makes him stronger in a certain condition, but I’m definitely stronger than he... " Ghislaine said, creating a paradox I don’t really understand.

Well, leaving that aside for now.

"Luffy is doing fine. She’s always training with Lilia and Zenith. You need to be with her since she’s doing all those things for you. Your mother already branded her as her daughter-in-law... lol, anyway... Be careful of that round thing outside. I feel an ominous aura coming from it... Take care! "

So Sylphy is doing well, huh?

"Is this the person that writes the D*mn book?"

Besides the letter, he also sent me a book.

It’s a lesson book. Well, it’s only a concept paper. But that’s still helpful to teach the household, not just Eris and Ghislaine. Even the other maids and servants read the book I created using his concept paper.

"I’m the creator. He’s the one that gave me the idea. " I said, trying to correct her.

"But this person sure is lazy... Isn’t this like his third letter this year? How can a person just write 3 letters a year? " Eris complained, as she actually enjoyed Claude’s report letter.

Hahaha, I want to say that he’s better than you, Eris, but I’m afraid to get smacked in the head...

"Well, my lady, he's actually your age." I said, pointing out the fact. Well, he’s technically Eris' age, only several months younger than her.

"Is that so? He's my age, but can he compete with Rudeus while using his magic?"

"Yes, he’s strong..." Not only was Claude an adept swordsman, but he was also able to use all types of beginner magic before I left him. He’s also an enchanter and a blacksmith. " I said, while counting what else he could do.

"Hoo, that kid is pretty amazing, huh..." Ghislaine said, thinking I could also do the same. But I can't do smithing or enchantment just yet.

"Whoa... Is he really someone my age? His achievements are a bit too exaggerated. "

Now that you mention it, he does, huh...

Is he reincarnated?

Or was he possessed by something?

I don’t really know...

"But is that round thing he meant is the thing in the sky?"

"It might be..."

"How can he know about it? Even my eyes didn’t see anything weird about it.. "

"Well, being aware of something won’t kill you... So let’s just take Claude's warning in mind and continue our lesson. "

"That Paul must be thinking about your glue-like behavior towards Luffy and asked you to be a man." As he sent you to Roa and tried to train you under that stripper, he must be thinking something along the lines of making you be a responsible person...."

It’s the letter I received from Claude when I was in the carriage.

I can’t believe he was thinking off the line since you can’t send a letter home. I’d be the one sending you the letter, and you can send the letter to me, and I’ll convey it to your designated person.

Don’t write anything cringy, or I’ll burn it, he said...

I don’t expect him to help me...

Is this the feeling of having a brother? Am I failing as a brother in my previous life, then?

Well, it’s obvious...

As a son, as a brother, and as a human being...

I was a failure at that time...

This is why, this time...

I will succeed!

______________________________________________

[Edited 09/29/2022]

Thank you for reading! Like it?
Support me Here

P-treon/eternalfortune

Thank you for being my patron!

!! Read every chapter for 1$ only! Limited spot, grab it fast!!

 

Pay-pal dot me / FortuneEternal

 

2 free chapter in my site Fortuneeternal.com, Read faster with only 1€ as my Patr-on either in my site or Patr site!

______________________________________________

94