Chapter 11
185 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~Damien~

By the time Bea had been doused with holy water and I had thoroughly disinfected myself we had just pulled into the next town. It was getting a bit late as the sun was starting to turn orange and dip behind the mountains.

“I really do need some new clothes now,” Bea sulked. “You know, you didn’t have to make me this wet, big guy.”

“First off, watch your phrasing.” I replied, “Second, you didn’t need to go full Belle Delphine on me. The hell is wrong with you?”

“What can I say? I’m touched in the head in all the right ways.” The teenage girl shrugged unrepentantly. “By the way, speaking of E-thots, why do you go ahead and subscribe to my O--”

I simply looked in the central mirror and gave her a hard stare. The girl stared back almost as if offended.

“What the heck, dude? Do you really think I have one? Jeez, give me at least a little credit here!”

I snorted. “One can never be sure with a weird girl like you.” I was quiet a moment. “You know, it’s probably a good thing I came. From now on I should chaperone you more often when you’re hanging out with Evie.”

I don’t want her picking up your crazy.

“You think I don’t know you just insulted me inside your head, but you’re wrong. I ain’t crazy, everyone else is just boring. Right, E?”

I turned an eye towards my sister, Evie, as she was called to Bea’s defense. The poor girl’s expectations were betrayed as Evie answered with a, “You just said you’re touched in the head.”

“Well...yes, but--”

“It’s okay, Bea. We still love you even if you are crazy.” One of her other friends smiled.

“Yeah.”

“You all, seriously….”Shaking her head, Bea sighed. “Traitors, every one. You’re just taking his side because he’s hot.”

I was about to retort when the young women all offered various sounds of agreement. “Obviously.” They said. Why did I have to listen to this? Being objectified by a bunch of highschool kids...is that my life now? Jesus. “But you are missing a marble or two. Do you deny it?”

“No comment.” Bea retreated. “Anyway…” I tuned out as they started talking amongst themselves. What the topic from that point led up to I had no idea. I just focused on the road.

But occasionally I would hear Evie laugh next to me. It was distracting, much more so than Bea’s annoying banter. I found myself glancing at Evie from time to time. She smiled easily. Always had. Got mad easily, too. The furrow of her brow whenever Bea or her other friends got her angry was a familiar sight. The girl was cute even when angry.

The thought brought back memories of when I used to tease her specifically to see the face she was making now. I felt my lips curve.

“What’re you smiling about, big guy?” Bea’s sharp eyes were quick to notice the change in my expression. I quickly shifted my face back to it’s normal position. Bea tsked as she put down her phone. “Bah, I shouldn’t have opened my damn mouth. A smiling Day ain’t something you see every day, and that was a really good one! Such disappointment…” The girl hung her head.

“He doesn’t smile?” Evie asked, looking at me oddly. I didn’t show a reaction and instead pretended I hadn’t heard.

“I mean, he does. But not like that. Shit. Do you know how much I could’ve sold a picture of that smile for? I can’t believe I ruined such an opportunity. Obviously, I’ve yet to reach the apex.”

I, who’d become quite accustomed to these strange remarks from the girl, didn’t bother to question her.

Evie did. “Apex of what?”

Bea waved her off. “An obscure reference from an overrated Asian light novel. You wouldn’t know it.”

None one had any idea what she meant. Maybe that guy with the weird jacket would, but it was all Greek to the rest of them.

“Right…” Evie seemed to be adapting well to the girl’s personality and simply moved on. Instead she turned back to me. “You used to smile all the time back home.” She was still on that?

“I didn’t have to grade papers back home.” Or listen to the mad ramblings of a weird kid like Bea, I silently added. Or have to deal with horny highschool girls.

….Well, that was a lie. But back then he was one, too. As an adult, his tastes had matured. Evie said nothing more about the matter and neither did Bea. It wasn’t long after that when they saw the brightly-lit mall in the distance. It was a popular site so there were a lot of cars.

Most people would’ve had a hard time finding a parking spot. This was often because they wanted to find a place close to the building. Me, I didn’t give a damn. I took the nearest open place I saw.

Bea groaned in great, exaggerated fashion.“Uaaaaggggh, why’d we have to park so far?”

I took the opportunity that’d presented itself. “Because you’re getting fat and need the exercise.”

A horrified gasp. But then, against my every expectation,“You care about my figure?” Bea beamed.” My mood dropped. There’s no winning with this chick, is there?

Just then Evie elbowed her and whispered something fiercely into her ear. The girl, Bea, hit her head. “Oh, crap. Sorry, Rabbit.” She apologized.

“Let’s go.” Evie rolled her eyes and dragged Bea out of the car. I saw another car pull up. The boys.

“Why’d you park so far away?” One of them asked as they parked and got out.

I ignored them and started walking. I heard chatter behind me. As our group reached the entrance Bea promptly took command.

“Alright, sissies, listen up! We came here not just for fun, but to complete some missions. So, first thing’s first! Luke, you’re with me! We’re getting your girl a gift so goddamn thoughtful and amazing she won’t let you outta the bedroom until your dick turns raw.”“That sounds...painful.”

“Good sex often is.” The girl replied.

“How would you know?” I asked with a scoff. “You’re more more extra virgin than a bottle of olive oil.”

“Ignore the manwhore.” She said before moving on. “Now, the next order of business. Jer, you may escort yourself to Comic Heaven. I’ll meet your there in half an hour. But remember that the latest issue of Milf Odyssey should be out and I need you esure I get my hands on it. I don’t care if you have to kill a man, you secure me a copy. Is that understood, soldier?!”

“Hoo-ah!” The strange-looking boy gave a sharp salute.

“Kyle...you’re our meal ticket. Just do whatever you want until we’re ready to pig out. I’l call you.”

“Whatever, just don’t take too long. The restaurant closes at 11.”

“Girls, you scout the fashion center while I’m gone. I need a new set of clothes and my funds are low.”

“There’s no sale today that I know of.” One of them rubbed her chin thoughtfully. “But there’s a store clerk there who thinks I’m cute. Alright, I’ll take one for the team.”

“Atta girl. Your sacrifice won’t be in vain.” The girl turned to Evie and jerked a thumb her way. “Also she needs some lingerie. Her brother can help with that, though, so just leave them to it.”

At that she got some odd looks. The boys stared at her funnily. “...Her brother is going to help her pick out lingerie?” One of them asked doubtfully.

The girls also thought it strange. “Isn’t that a bit...weird?”

Bea sniffed. “Well who else would help her? One of the boys? Fat chance!”

“I mean one of us could--”

“A woman’s opinion is worthless.” Bea cut her off coldly. “She’s doing this to get men, not women. Therefore only a man’s imput is necessary.”

“The hell? That’s stupid, what’re you even talking abou--”

“Speak when spoken to, wench!” Bea held up a hand.

“Wench!” The girl sputtered. “ Bea!”

“Anyway, get a move on, everyone. Go on, shoo.” She waved them off. “You guys too.” She looked at me and Evie. “Go on, get.”

I frowned. Something was off here. “I don’t think that’s appropriate.”

“Hm? Why?”

Why? This kid…

“I am not going to go help my sister pickout lingerie so she can ‘get men’. She can wait for you to help with that.” The thought of Evie getting clothes for the express purpose of seducing guys in itself left me feeling annoyed. Why did I have to help my sister get with other men? It was insane. Actually, who was she trying to seduce? She hadn’t been here that long and she was already thinking about boys? She should be studying, not wasting her youth on these kinds of things!

All kinds of thoughts were swirling in my head. I caught myself grumbling like an old man.

“What’s the big deal? We need a man’s opinion and you’re the only one here. Did you not hear me just now?”

“Yeah.” Evie chimed in. “I could use the advice.”

“Advice on what to wear so you can seduce men?” I gave her a harsh glower. Something burned in my chest as the next words left my mouth. “Is that really what you’re asking me, your brother, to do?”

Bea and that Luke were still there listening to everything. I understood that, vaguely, but at the moment I didn’t care. Evie’s red face was all I could see.

“Yeah. What of it?” She looked away. “You can have that kind of relationship with two women at once, so why can’t I do the same?”

“Fuck, Evie.” I cursed. “The same? What do you mean, that you want to be tag teamed by two guys?” I wasn't in a position to judge other people's sex life, but this was Evie. No way any brother would be happy hearing his sister had that kind of fantasy. 

The girl appeared to realize what she had said and hurried to correct herself. “What?! No! That’s not what I…” She trailed off. Shook her head. “I-I didn’t mean that part! I just meant that you can date, so why can’t I?”

“I’m not dating them,” I told her bluntly. “I’m nice to them, I fuck them, but we aren’t a goddamn couple.” Their relationship hadn’t been built on anything but lust. He wasn’t ashamed to admit it. At the very least that was true on his side. ”But fine. You want my opinion? Then let’s go.”

“Really?” She eyed me warily. “You will?”

“You want to get men, don’t you?” I asked back. “Then I’ll show you exactly how.” I stalked off. "Follow," I ordered without a glance. After a moment of hesitation, I heard her trailing after me. It didn’t take long for us to find the nearest lingerie shop. The place was littered with them. I navigated her through the crowd and into the store.

We arrived at an empty changing room and I all but shoved her inside. “Get naked.”

“What?” Evie squeaked, clearly embarrassed at the volume of my voice. Several customers looked our way, which I ignored.

“I said get take off your clothes. Hurry up.” Shutting the door on a mortified Evie, I stalked off and perused the various articles of women’s wear. I came back a few minutes later and opened the door again without bothering to knock.

Evie stood there, stunned at my sudden intrusion, stripped down to her panties and was in the process of sliding them down her legs. She went beet-red and stared at me like a deer caught in headlights.

I saw smooth, milky skin that shone softly like pearl in the light. Her breasts were ample, with petal-pink nipples that stood erect in the cold air. Faintly, a voice in the back of my head nagged at me. She's not just a little girl anymore, it spoke. 

Before she could get a word out I threw her the clothes. “Put these on.” There was an edge to my voice. I sounded harsh even to my own ears. I ignored it. I wasn't mad, really...doing this didn't sit right with me, to be honest. But she wants to be objectified, so what else am I to do? I can't be gentle here. 

She was too surprised to even think about covering herself and simply held up one of the pieces of lingerie with a look of scandal. “T-These...you can’t be serious!”

“This is what you wanted.”

“You’re being ridiculous!” She yelled quietly. “ I can’t wear this! It’s too embarrassing!”

I gave no quarter. “Put them on. Now.” The door was shut once more. I waited with folded arms. I thought about her words previously. They irritated me. She wanted to date? Fine. She wants to seduce men? Fine. She wants to wear some threadbare piece of lace and put on a goddamn show for them? Fine.

But she has the goddamn nerve to ask me to help? What kind of nonsense is that shit? What kind of sister asks her brother for that kind of thing? Well alright. I’ll help her. And I hope she and whoever the hell she’s going to wear these for enjoy it. That is, if she can even stand to put the damn thing on.

I hear a click a long time later. The door creaked open for the third time. Evie was there, still as red as ever and unable to meet my eyes. She wore nothing but an excessively scant outfit that was little more than black string and transparent white lace that hid absolutely nothing. There was a tiny miniskirt that hugged her ass, also transparent. I noticed her using her hands to cover the panties.

Evie shifted uneasily as I silently looked on.

“Move your hands.”

“N-No.” She trembled.

“I said move them.”

“But--”

“Evie!” My tone was like the crack of a whip and made her flinch. She moved slowly like a frightened kitten, putting her hands to her side and revealing the crotchless underwear I’d selected. Her sex was laid bare on full display.

“Happy now?” She asked, her voice barely above a whisper. “Is this what you wanted to see?”

“What, my sister dressed like a stripper?” My fingertips dug into my biceps as I struggled to contain myself. Fuck, just saying that pissed me off. “No, I'd rather not have.”

“You’re the one who brought these to me.”

“You’re the one who wanted me to come. You’re the one who wanted to know how to seduce men.” I let my gaze brush over her exposed body. “ Well wear that and you can have any of them you want.”

Evie turned silent. Her head was bowed and I couldn’t see her expression, but I didn’t need to.

“Not easy, though, is it?" She was quiet. Doesn't matter, I'm sure I got the point across. "We're done here, Evie. Get dressed and let's find your friends.” I turned away.

“Wait.” I felt her grab at my wrist. “What you just said, does that include you?”

Taken aback, I stared at her sure I was mistaken. “What?”

Evie’s hands shook. She looked up at me, a little scared, a little shy. She spoke slowly, deliberately, as if she found the words too hard to say without careful and steady conviction.

“I asked....does that include you, too?”

My heart turned cold. The hell is she talking about? I felt my anger spike.  

“You don’t know what you’re saying.” I wrenched my arm away. “Put your clothes back on.”

“No!” Evie refused. “Who do you think I took them off for? It was for you!” The words hung in the air. She appeared shocked by her own words and started backing away from me. Fear was written all over her face. “I didn’t mean that.” She stammered. “Day? I-I didn’t mean it.”

But it was too late. I’d already turned my back on her. “Put your clothes on, Evie.” My voice was perfectly calm. Even. There was not a single misplaced emotion at all.

Another click.

A series of rustles.

“...Day.” Evie called, her voice slightly muffled from behind the door.

“Yeah?”

“I’m sorry.”

I was quiet for a long time. “I know.”

So am I.

4