Chapter 20
190 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Evie, are you sure you don’t want to join us?” Kaylie asked. She was part of the group of “cool kids” that Bea had shown me way back when and it was easy to see how she earned a seat at that table. With her soft golden tan and dark hair, she was every bit as vivacious and spicy as her Spanish linage would suggest. What’s more, she was also very nice and sociable so she was well-liked by basically everyone.

The woman wasn’t a communication monster like Bea, who was insanely popular with basically every single student clique and teacher at their school, but Kaylie was definitely a friend one wanted to have.

I also liked hanging out with her. We had a class together just before the end of school so we always ended up together at the end of the day. Usually, we’d take some other friends and go for a cup of coffee or buy some snacks. Maybe browse a few shops in town before they dropped me back home.

I’d been at this school for several months now and not all that time was spent worrying about Damien, of course. I did spare some time to make friends. They helped get my mind off him for a while when he was busy being a man-whore.

Recently, though, I’d stopped going out with them.

“No, that’s alright. I signed up for some advanced classes, so I’ll be staying after school for another two hours. You guys have fun.”

I turned her down casually with a smile and the girl’s disappointment was palpable.

“What? Advanced classes? Come on, Evie, you’ve been like this the entire week. Ever since you came back to school, you’ve been no fun at all!” The girl exclaimed. “Live a little, girl!”

I felt my smile begin to falter but I couldn’t let it show. “I don’t have the time to fool around like that anymore. I’m sorry, I know I’m being difficult. Maybe some other time, alright?”

Kaylie sighed. “Fine, fine. I get it. I guess the gifted have a responsibility towards excellence,” She offered a small grin. “I won’t blame you for trying to work hard. Though,” She looked me up and down, “Your wardrobe recently is a bit questionable.”

She talked about my modest attire. Normally I was pretty fashion-forward, but I’d replace everything stylish and chic for things more humble and pedestrian. My overalls and nondescript black T-shirts, which I had to buy from a local Salvation Army as the only clothes I ever kept in my closet were all expensive designer brands, were a far cry from my usual outfits.

Not only that, but I bought some thick faux glasses in the style of Buddy Holly and Clark Kent. To complete the ensemble, I tied my hair back in a messy ponytail.

I had become a geek. Clark would be proud.

“I can either waste time being pretty or I use it for studying. Until midterms are over, I choose to study.” I laughed.

“Ugh. Midterms. Don’t remind me.” Kaylie groaned. “But some people accomplish being both pretty and smart, you know? Well, whatever. You do you, I guess. Your popularity is gonna plummet, but at least you aren’t getting bothered by all the boys anymore.” The light of realization entered her eyes. “Wait. Oh. Oh.” She grinned at me. “You’re good.”

“Aren’t I?” I grinned back.

A chuckle. “I love it. You know, maybe I should try the Good Will look myself till after midterms. I never do get enough time to just study when Jacob and his gang keep tempting me with chili cheese fries and milkshakes. I swear I’m going to end up getting fat if I keep hanging with those guys.” She rolled her eyes.

I laughed with her, but she was wrong. Not being pestered by invitations from the boys was an unexpected perk, sure, but I didn’t care enough about them to change my look and it’s not like hanging out after school would affect my grades anyway. I wasn’t such a poor student that having fun would make them drop. No offense to Kaylie, everyone had their weaknesses.

I saw her off and texted Damien when to pick me up, and why.

I stared at my phone. I wondered if this was enough for him. I didn’t know what else to do to make him see I was taking this seriously. I admit that I was being selfish, childish, all the “ishs”. But from now on, I’d keep a low profile.

At school, during the day, I’d be Plain Jane Evie. The boring, responsible one. At night? I just wanted Damien to hug me and kiss me and maybe rearrange my insides. The wild, sexy Evie was Damien’s. The crazy, paranoid Evie was also going to be his. because I fully intended to handcuff us together before bed.

I had no idea about Damien’s mental state these days and so I wasn’t going to let him disappear on me again. If he slipped out of bed and did something to himself while I was sleeping, I’d never get over it. There’d be no life for me after that. A world without Day? There was no such thing.

So I’m going to show him.

I won’t be a burden on him anymore. He thinks he’s alone, that I don’t understand the gravity of the situation. And I can’t say I ever gave him reason to think otherwise. But I wasn’t going to act out anymore. From now on, I’d change. Get out of my own way, and his.

I won’t let anything or anyone break us apart.

***

Damien took a seat on the couch as soon as he got home. He threw his leather suitcase atop the large glass coffee table and took off his coat before proceeding to rest.

“Rough day?” I asked.

“No more than usual,” He replied, rolling his neck. “There may be a few rough days for you in the future, though.” The man’s lips quirked to the side, a touch of amusement dancing in his eyes. Catching my curious gaze, he continued, “I broke things off with Cami and Triss a few days ago. They misunderstood something, so I expect they’ll try to get in your good graces soon.”

A wave of happiness came like a flood. “You broke things off with them? Really?”

“Well, I certainly don’t need them anymore,” He folded his arms. “I’m not going to keep having a relationship with them while having you on the side. I might be scum who wants to fuck his sister, but I’m not so stupid that I’ll keep bringing them over for a lay when I already have you.”

I wanted to kiss him! So I did. I put down my bag, came up from behind him, and kissed his cheek. “I was worried you’d keep them around. You know...appearances and all that. I’m glad that’s not the case.”

He laughed at my words. “The only places we ever hooked up was here. I never actually risked getting caught at the university. And to be honest, I only ever brought them here to make you angry at me.” He turned silent for a moment. “I wanted you to be disgusted with me. I thought that’d help things, but it didn’t. It just made you jealous.”

I started stroking his shoulders as he sat. “I almost did naked yoga to try seducing you away from them,” I remembered Mrs. Roberts’ advice. I laughed it off but I really almost did it. “It drove me crazy that they had you and I couldn’t.”

“Naked yoga.” The man clicked his tongue in amazement. “Who gave you that idea? It wasn’t Bea, was it?”

“Bea would’ve just told me to get you high so I can have my way with you,” I answered back mildly.

“What’s scary is I’m sure this is something she’d say.”

I didn’t tell him that she did, in fact, suggest such a thing. I didn’t think Bea would ever do that to a guy herself. She was much too prideful for that. But if it meant fulfilling her incest fetish, she probably wouldn’t have any problem helping me do it.

“Wait, what did you mean by those two getting into my good graces, or whatever? ” I felt my brows knit together. “If they misunderstood something, why didn’t you correct them?”

“Well, appearances. You weren’t entirely wrong. Just ending things the way I intended would seem a bit strange. People already think I have a sister complex, thanks to you. No one knows Cami and Triss have been having sex with me, but there’s quite a few who know they’re pursuing me. They have been for a while. Them trying to gain your favor to get to me would only seem natural.”

“You definitely have a sister complex,” I kept rubbing his shoulder and whispered in his ear. “I like that about you. I’m pretty crazy about you myself, you know.”

“Are you?” He raised a brow. “I never would’ve guessed.” I saw his cock swell. His pants pitched an all too obvious tent as I nibbled at his ear. He’d done the same to me our first night together and I still remembered how weak I became whenever he did. I was glad it stimulated him as much as it had me.

“I guess I’m your gatekeeper now.”

“I suppose you are.” His breath started to hasten just a bit. I reached down and ran my hands over his hard, muscled chest. The man’s clothes barely contained him and I just wanted to rip them off. But I didn’t. I undid the buttons one by one and slid my palms underneath.

I could feel the strong pounding of his heart beneath my fingers.

“You’ll be mine too, right?”

“Evie, keep this up and I’ll be anything you want me to be.” There was a low, sexy growl in his tone that made me instantly wet.

“I just want you to be mine. No one else’s. Can you do that?”

But before he could answer, they heard a click at the door. “Uh, what’s that?”

He stood bolt upright with a curse. “Fuck. Mother.”

I gaped. ”Mother?!” I hissed at him. “Why’s she here?!”

“I called her to pick you up, remember?” He snapped, hurrying to rebutton his shirt. “I must’ve forgotten to--”

The door opened. “Hello~” A familiar, cheery voice echoed forth. Followed by an equally familiar head of dark curls. “Evie! Damien!” Their mother barged in excitedly at the sight of them. Her eyes were full of love. It was too much. My cheeks burned as I became achingly aware of my soaked panties. In the face of her affection all arousal had fled, replaced by guilt and shame.

“It’s so great to see you both again!” She gushed. “Come give mama a hug!”

End of Volume 1

3