15. Moved
1.1k 6 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"To make it easy I've labelled all the boxes," Amber explained. "Boxes labelled with an A go to my bedroom. Boxes with a B are for the office. Anything with a C on it can go straight into the basement. And boxes marked D we can leave till the end, they're not coming to Sue's place. That's stuff I'm not keeping, it's for donation."

I looked around at the stack of cardboard boxes in the hall outside Amber's old bedroom. There was another stack inside her room, and yet another pile downstairs in the front hall.

"So wait, A is for your bedroom and B is for the office?" I asked with a frown. "Why not B for the bedroom? And why's C for the basement?"

Melissa responded with a grin, "A for Amber's Room. B for basement office. C for crawlspace. And D for donate."

"Exactly!" the small brunette nodded. "Like I said, it's easy."

"So let's move everything according to how it's labelled?" Susan suggested. "Take all the A boxes first since we know that's going into your bedroom. Then we can do the C boxes, since they're going into the crawlspace. Then we should try and move your desk so we can get it into place in the office? And once that's done, we'll do the B boxes. We can pile those in the den so they're not in the way. Then we can take the D boxes someplace and get them out of your family's way. Then finally we'll head home and help you unpack."

Everyone agreed with Sue's plan, and the four of us got started.

I could carry a couple boxes at once thanks to my demonic strength, but we didn't want to raise too many questions with Amber's mom or sister who were both hovering around watching. So I had to limit myself to one box at a time like everybody else, and we started making trips from the bedroom out to the car.

And since it was just around the corner, we could load the car right up to the ceiling. Melissa could drive it while the rest of us just walked to the house to do the unloading.

As I made trips in and out with boxes, my demonic intuition thing told me Mrs. Dubois was equal parts sad that Amber was leaving, worried we'd damage her walls while carrying the boxes and stuff out to the car, and uptight that Amber was moving in with some questionable girls like me and Melissa.

She hadn't forgotten how me and Lily acted that night when we accidentally got poisoned from the drinks Mr. Dubois made us. My intuition told me how she felt about that too, she was half anxious about me having horns and a tail that night and half miffed that Lily didn't like her fancy meat pie.

The intuition stuff I got off Tracey was even more complicated. The eighteen-year-old was also sad Amber was moving out, but where Mrs. Dubois felt it like an empty-nest kind of thing, for Tracey it was more like she wouldn't have anyone to bully after Amber was gone.

Beyond that, I also knew Tracey was hanging around so she could gawk at me and my girlfriends. And I had no doubt my girlfriends' sex-sense was tingling every time Tracey looked at them. She seemed especially interested in both Susan and Melissa, which really didn't surprise me.

My memories of that dinner we had here were pretty fuzzy, but I vaguely remembered Tracey was really interested in Sue and Melissa back then too.

And finally, I could tell Amber's younger sister was still very interested in magic and the fact that we were all part-succubus. She thought I was too, and it was probably safer to let her believe that than to tell her the truth. My intuition told me she still wanted to join us. She hadn't forgotten Lily's offer to make her into a succubus, and she was determined to get magic like Susan had.

It didn't take very long for my girlfriends and I to get all the 'A' boxes out to the car. Then Melissa drove around the corner while me and Amber and Susan walked, and we all got to work again unloading the car and carrying everything up to Amber's new bedroom.

As soon as that was done, we were back at the Dubois house and loading the car with the next round of boxes. And luckily my three girlfriends were more alert than me, because I immediately grabbed the wrong stuff before they corrected me.

Because of course after the 'A' bedroom boxes we were taking the 'C' basement ones and not the 'B' office ones. Amber and Sue said this system was supposed to make things easier, but I was 'P' pretty sure they came up with it specifically to 'C' confuse me.

Once the boxes were all in the car we went back to the house to unload again, and these ones all went down into the crawlspace.

The next thing to be moved was Amber's desk, and that was a bit of a challenge. I could just pick it up and carry it by myself thanks to my demonic strength, but it was bulky and I ended up needing both Amber and Susan to sort of handle the steering.

I got under the desk then lifted it up and had it balanced on my invisible horns then held it steady with my hands. I also had Amber in front and Susan at the back to make sure I didn't take any chunks out of Mrs. Dubois' walls. Melissa was there too, to hold doors open and warn about steps and things like that.

When we got out to the driveway there was a minute or two of head-scratching as everyone tried to figure out how to get it into Melissa's car, till I suggested "Why don't I just carry it? It's probably easier, and this way we won't damage the car."

None of my girlfriends had any better ideas, so we set out on foot. I carried the desk balanced on my horns while Sue and Amber continued to assist with the steering. They also pretended to be helping carry it, so we didn't have neighbours questioning how I was doing it all by myself. And Melissa went ahead to be ready to open the doors and stuff.

We got it into the basement without any real trouble, and we already had stuff down there re-organized so there was space for it. Things would be a little more cosy in the office area, especially if all four of us were in there working at the same time. It'd be ok though, we wouldn't be cramped or anything.

After that we all sat down on the sectional in the living-room and took a short break. Amber had some root beer, I had a bottle of water, Sue and Melissa had cola.

When we got back to work, we moved the 'B' office boxes which went into the 'D' den in our 'B' basement. And yes I was just messing around by that point, teasing Amber and Susan about their 'C' confusing 'S' system. The bottom line though was I didn't actually have to do much thinking. As long as at least one of my girlfriends was there to tell me what to do, I'd just provide the demonically-enhanced muscle and haul boxes back and forth.

We also brought Amber's office chair of course, and when that load was transferred from the car down into our den the four of us went back for the final load. The 'D' boxes were piled up in the trunk and back seat of Melissa's car, then she and Susan left to take the stuff away.

Amber and I took one last look around her now-empty bedroom. Her old bed and dresser were still there, but the empty bookcase and the space where her desk used to be definitely made the room look unoccupied. Same with all the blank walls, since she'd taken all her posters and things down.

"Feels kind of weird," she commented. "Good though? I've been looking forward to this all month. But yeah, a bit weird. This is the room I spent my whole life in, up till now."

I put an arm around her shoulders and gave her a hug as I nodded "I get it. And things have been pretty good here too I guess? I mean, your family's been really nice and accepting, so it's not like you're escaping or whatever."

"It's almost exactly a year ago that I helped Melissa move out of her parents' place," I added. "That was really uncomfortable. Her mom was glaring at us and deadnaming her, and her dad came home from work to try and stop her from leaving. Luckily we had Lily to look after us and help us out."

She hugged me back, and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"That really sucks," she said softly. "I'm glad you and Lily were there for her though. And you're right, I'm not being chased out of here. I'll probably miss Tracey and my folks a little bit? Not that I'm going that far of course. And I'm definitely looking forward to my first night in my new bed in my new room, living with the three of you."

I smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek, while the two of us looked around the empty room once more. Then we turned and headed out.

Amber's mom and sister were both there at the bottom of the stairs to see us out. Tracey looked like she was trying to think of a tease or taunt or something but couldn't quite come up with one. The two of them just ended up saying bye for now, and me and Amber headed out and around the corner.

It was about half past one as we got started unpacking things in her bedroom. We got all her clothes unpacked into her dresser and closet, and were just starting to unpack her books and load up the bookcase when Melissa and Susan got home.

There wasn't enough room for all four of us to work on the bookcase at the same time, so the two of them relaxed in the living-room for now.

After we got all Amber's books unpacked she decided, "That's enough for now. I can worry about my posters and pictures and stuff later."

All the empty boxes were flattened and stacked for the recycling bin, then Sue and Melissa joined us in the basement as we got Amber's desk stuff put away. That wasn't so urgent either but we didn't want to leave a bunch of boxes in the way since we'd have people over in a couple days.

By about half past four in the afternoon we'd done as much as we were going to do. The last couple unopened boxes got stuffed out of the way in the crawlspace, the empty ones went out in the recycling, and the four of us relaxed in the living-room with vodka coolers in hand.

"So it feels like that was a really good day," Susan commented. "We got everything done, you're all moved and settled in. Apart from the big party on Wednesday we can pretty much relax from now till Thursday."

Melissa reminded her, "We still have to do a little shopping tomorrow. We need about two dozen bags of ice, plus veggies and whatever other last-minute things we've forgotten."

There were a few quiet nodds, but nobody argued or questioned that.

After a gulp of her drink Amber asked, "Are we still planning on ordering in for dinner tonight? I could really go for some sushi."

"Me too," Susan grinned. "Me and Melissa both worked Saturday night, we haven't eaten in a couple days but my appetite's coming back now."

I smiled, "You can order all the sushi you want as long as you get some of the cooked stuff for me."

"Me too," Melissa added. "I don't mind the sushi but I still like the other food too."

Susan got out her phone and got started placing our usual order. As she did that she commented, "Me and Melissa already compared notes again on Sunday, but I was wondering how things were for you Amber? Now that it's been more than a week since the new moon?"

The small brunette looked like she was trying not to grin. She replied, "Yeah, I actually got a chance to test some things on Friday and Saturday? Like I suspected, I can fine-tune how the enchantments work for people. It's probably not the sort of thing I'd do on a regular basis, but it's nice to know the option's there? Maybe for special customers, or for family friends."

She glanced at me then Melissa and added with a grin, "If Emma and Carol or Sam and Troy were interested, I could probably come up with some custom enchantments just for them."

"Nice," I grinned back at her. "Next time we're visiting mom and Carol we can mention that to them."

Melissa smirked, "Amber you can talk to Sam and Troy when they're here on Wednesday. I'm going to stay out of that, it's strictly between you and my brother and his boyfriend."

"Ok dinner is ordered," Susan announced. "Thirty-five minutes till sushi-time."

"Yay!" Amber cheered. Then she asked, "By the way, did we get anything for dessert? I mean for the party? Like ice cream or cookies or anything like that?"

I shook my head, "I don't think so? I don't remember getting any sweets."

"Do we need dessert?" Sue asked.

The cute brunette shrugged, "Maybe not, but it might be nice to have something just incase people feel like sweets? Let's get some frozen treats. Those drumstick ice cream cones are fun. And maybe a box or two of creamsicles, and a couple packages of cookies?"

"Ooh I like those drumstick cones," I grinned. "We definitely need a couple boxes of them."

Susan shrugged, "Ok. Add it to the list, we'll grab them tomorrow."

"Cool," Amber smiled.

If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to new chapters! Patrons have already read chapter 22 and you could too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

78