17. Crashed
1.1k 5 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I offered Susan another vodka cooler as I sat down next to her and asked, "How's it going? You're all alone over here, everything ok?"

"Thanks Mara," she smiled. "I'm good, I just needed a moment to regroup after talking nonstop with everyone."

I smiled back, "I hear that. It's nice though, there's a good energy going on I think?"

She agreed, "Yeah. And it's nice to see everyone mingling and getting along."

We were sort of at the far end of the backyard, not quite away from the party but on the edge where we had a good view of everything going on.

Melissa was right about Sam taking over the BBQ, he was standing by the grill cranking out burgs and sausages, with Troy helping out. Willow and Jenna were hanging around the BBQ as well, talking with the guys and enjoying their burgers and drinks.

Matt was with Logan and Erin and Melissa, the four of them were deep in conversation about something. And Grace was sitting with Amber at the opposite end from me and Susan, the two of them were talking quietly. Like me and Sue they weren't exactly away from the group but they were on the other edge where they could see everything as well.

Susan had a sip of her drink then suggested, "Let's go see how Sam and Troy are doing? Maybe they could use a break from tending the BBQ."

I smiled, "We can try. I doubt he'll surrender the fire that easily after he defeated the other guys to win it."

She gave me a funny look as we headed over to the group standing around the grill.

"Susan, Mara!" Sam grinned at us as we approached. "You two haven't eaten yet. What do you feel like, we've got burgers and sausages ready to go."

Sue shook her head, "Actually I was wondering if you wanted to take a break? Me and Mara can look after the food while you and Troy enjoy your meals."

It was a good effort, but I was right. Sam wasn't willing to let anyone else take charge of the grill yet. Instead of giving him a break, me and Susan both came away with burgers. She ended up sitting with Melissa, Logan, Erin, and Matt. And I sat with Amber and Grace, to see what the two of them were discussing.

Grace had a half-eaten sausage and some salad on her paper plate, and her glass of wine had been recently topped-up. Amber was sipping a vodka cooler like me, and it looked like she hadn't eaten yet either.

The brunette cutie said quietly, "I'm just saying, Matt is the only one here who's straight."

"I still don't believe in 'gaydar'," Grace shook her head slightly. "You said you're friends with Matt, that's how you know about him. And everyone else here is pretty obvious, except Logan and Erin. So how do you know they're not straight?"

Amber smiled slightly and had another sip of her cooler then replied, "Erin's been checking everyone out, she's clearly bi. And Logan... I'll concede he might be straight, but he's still queer. I'm not going to elaborate though, because that would be rude."

Grace frowned as she stared at the history student for a few seconds. She finally looked at Amber again and asked, "So what's the secret? How can you be so sure someone's gay or bi or queer?"

I kept quiet as I listened and munched on my burger, but I was curious where this conversation was going. And I was kind of happy Grace seemed to have relaxed and was actually talking and socializing. Amber was probably the safest choice, since she looked small and cute and harmless.

My small cute harmless girlfriend smirked slightly and half-whispered to Grace, "I can read minds."

I nearly choked on a mouthful of burger, but Grace just rolled her eyes in disbelief. "Sure you can."

Amber was still smirking as she said quietly, "I can't tell what you had for breakfast this morning, but I know you're attracted to Mara. I know you think I'm cute. I know you think Melissa is a bit over the top. And I know you think Susan's sexy."

Grace blushed slightly and took a deep gulp of her wine, my intuition thing told me she was trying to figure out how Amber knew all that, and if 'gaydar' was really a thing after all.

That's when my small succubus girlfriend dropped the bomb. In that same quiet voice she added, "And I know you fantasize about being dominated by a strong powerful woman."

Grace nearly spat out her wine, while I found myself staring wide-eyed at Amber. Usually I was the one blurting out the big secrets.

"Susan's your best bet for that," Amber added. "She enjoys being a domme, she can make all your wildest fantasies come true."

Both me and Grace ended up staring wide-eyed at Amber.

The cute brunette just shrugged and suggested, "Tonight's probably not a good night since there's so many people here. But you should still talk to her Grace. Maybe set something up for Friday or Saturday? You won't regret it."

My cheeks went red as Amber continued, "Or if you'd rather start with something a little more gentle, Mara's very enthusiastic and eager to please. I'm sure she'd give you a very enjoyable night, if you gave her a chance."

All three of us were silent for a few moments after that, with Grace and I both stunned speechless while the brunette succubus just calmly had another sip of her cooler.

Then Amber's cool calm demeanour broke. Her shoulders slumped and she looked towards the gate and sighed, "Damnit, what's she doing here?"

Her little sister Tracey and another girl had just come through the gate into the backyard. The mystery girl looked about eighteen, the same age as Tracey. Her shoulder-length hair was dark brown, and her skin was sort of dusky like mine. Both teens were dressed casual, in shorts and t-shirts.

"Hi everyone!" Tracey grinned and waved as she looked around at the group. Then she and her friend helped themselves to vodka coolers before heading over to the BBQ to see what was on the grill.

Susan looked over at Amber with a questioning 'did you invite your sister' kind of look.

Amber shook her head slightly, but by that point the new arrivals already had drinks and food and were socializing with folks. Tracey was introducing herself and her girlfriend to Sam, Troy, Willow, and Jenna.

Then the two teens came over this way, Tracey smiled "Hello Amber, Mara. Hey sis, why don't you introduce us to your other friend?"

With a sigh, Amber said "Grace this is my little sister Tracey and her girlfriend Annie. Tracey, Annie, this is Grace. And Annie, this is Mara."

Annie gave us all a little wave and said hi while Amber glared at her sister and asked, "Now how about telling me what you're doing here, Tracey?"

The teen grinned and had a gulp of her cooler before responding, "C'mon sis! It's your first house party since you moved in with your girlfriends. Me and Annie are here to help you celebrate! Not to mention it's Canada Day?"

Amber sighed, "You two be good. And that's your one and only drink Tracey. You're underage, so after that it's soft drinks or water for you two."

Tracey rolled her eyes then she and Annie headed over to the next group where Susan and Melissa were sitting.

Grace had been silent through all that, but she asked quietly "You and your sister don't get along?"

There was enough sympathy in her tone to make me think she had some experience with sibling rivalry of her own.

"She likes to tease and bully me," Amber replied. "Mostly because of my height, or the fact that I'm demi-ace. Apart from that she's usually ok."

"Ah," Grace nodded slightly. "Hopefully she'll grow out of that soon. My older sister was a bit like that, till she went away to university."

After I finished my burger I excused myself and went to mingle around some more, and ended up sitting with Melissa for a bit. She and Matt were talking with Logan and Erin about school, and I found out the two university students were in an archaeology program that sounded kind of interesting.

Eventually it seemed like everyone had enough burgs and sausages, so at long last Sam and Troy finally left the BBQ and came to sit with everyone else. Not that they minded, I was positive they both enjoyed being in charge of the fire and grilling the meat and all that manly stuff. It was honestly kind of cute, I thought.

The party felt like it was going pretty good, everyone was happy and well fed and stuff. Then just past seven o'clock we had the first couple people decide it was time to go.

Willow and Jenna bid everyone a good night and everything, despite a bunch of protests asking them to stay. It turned out they actually had a prior commitment for tonight, but Willow wanted to come and see Susan. So they were here for the first part of the evening and now they were going to the other place for the second half of the night.

I didn't get to speak with them too much, apart from when they first arrived. They seemed nice enough though, and I kind of hoped we could have them come visit again at some point. Maybe just the two of them instead of during a big party, so we could all get to know each other better.

The rest of us continued having fun, we had the music playing and lots of drinks and food and stuff. The BBQ was cooling down but we still had loads of chips and dip and stuff, and I was pretty sure there were still more burgers and sausages left over. Maybe they even found their way into the fridge or whatever.

One thing we didn't have that I suddenly missed was a fire. I remembered seeing those backyard fire pit things someplace, like a metal stand with a screen around it that you could build a little fire in. I made a mental note that we had to get one for next time, then we could all be sitting around the fire.

When it started getting dark out Melissa put on the coffee machine and a little while after that I noticed Logan and Erin had cups of coffee in hand. So did Grace. Melissa did too, but the rest of us were still drinking the good stuff. Me and Susan and Amber all had vodka coolers, Matt and Sam and Troy were enjoying their beer.

Tracey and Annie had vodka coolers as well, though I was pretty sure I saw them with colas earlier. I figured they were probably alternating between the two.

The next person to go was Grace. It was about nine o'clock and the sun had finally started to set, when she came over to talk to me.

She looked kind of awkward again as she said, "Thanks for inviting me Mara. I've had a good time, it was nice to meet your uh, girlfriends. And everyone else too. It's been nice."

"Aw!" I pouted. "Do you have to leave already? We've got a whole load of fireworks for when it's dark out. We've even got enough roman candles to arm everyone, we could pick sides and have a fireworks war..."

"Absolutely not!" Melissa called out. "We are not doing that Mara!"

I grinned as I called back, "I was just joking!"

Then I got serious again as I looked back to Grace and said, "Anyways I'm sorry you have to go, but I'm glad you came. We should get together again some time? Maybe not a big party, but like, we could meet up for coffee. Or drinks. Or whatever?"

She blushed and I knew she was thinking about what Amber said earlier.

"Um, yeah. I'll text you or something, or you can text me. Anyhow, it's been fun. Have a good night Mara, and um, good luck with your fireworks war."

I got a sudden urge to give her a hug and kiss, and decided to go for it. I pulled her into a quick hug, and planted a light kiss on her cheek. Grace's cheeks went bright red and her eyes widened, but she didn't actually freak out.

"Sorry," I grinned. "I couldn't resist. Anyways, thanks again for coming."

"It's ok," she said. She looked awkward though as she added, "Have a good night."

Finally she turned and headed away.

When I rejoined the others Melissa was assuring everyone else that not only were we not having a fireworks fight, but I wouldn't be allowed anywhere near them. There were a few laughs and giggles about that, which made me pout again.

"Are you going to stay for the fireworks?" Sue asked Logan and Erin.

Logan nodded, "Sure, as long as it's not going to be too late? I think we'd like to head out in about an hour."

"Sorry," Erin apologized. "It's been a nice evening but I actually have to work tomorrow."

Even though I wasn't going to be allowed to play with them, I was still excited when Susan and Melissa finally got the fireworks out. It was almost ten o'clock, it was dark out and we had a couple hundred dollars worth of pyrotechnics to play with.

My responsible girlfriends picked an open spot in the yard to start setting them up while the rest of us watched.

It all seemed to be going pretty well until Amber's little sister suddenly spoke up. She was frowning as she complained, "Those are just normal fireworks aren't they? Like the kind of thing they sell at the store right? The same stuff anybody can buy?"

"That's right," Susan replied. "Why, what were you expecting?"

Tracey shrugged, "I don't know, I thought 'fireworks' was code for some kind of succubus magic you had planned. Or at least I figured you'd have some kind of special magical demonic fireworks."

Erin and Logan and Annie all kind of laughed, they obviously assumed Tracey was joking around. Matt had a funny look on his face, like he was suddenly connecting a lot of dots in his head. Sam and Troy looked surprised, like they thought that sort of thing was a secret. Melissa and Susan were both staring at Tracey with a mix of shock and oh-crap in their expressions. Amber was glaring at her sister. And I was mostly just relieved it was somebody other than me who blabbed the big secrets again.

"Tracey," Amber stated with a warning tone in her voice. "I think you've had way too many of those coolers!"

The teen rolled her eyes, "C'mon Amber, how many of your friends are really succubi like you and Susan? I know Mara is, I've seen her horns and tail!"

Can't wait to find out what happens next? Join our Patreon and get immediate access to the next chapter and more! Patrons have already read up to chapter 24 and you could too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

82