Chapter 4: School
967 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liam might be smart and highly mature for his age, but it didn't stop him from being told to go to school by Wade and live out a life of a normal child.

Self-education was one thing but it didn't mean that Liam wouldn't go to school at all. He is still after all a child in the end and needed to make some friends his age, to forget his past while moving on to his future.

Liam just moved to the states and was worried about his education being poor that he might not even pass high school when he first arrived. But his worry lessens and even surprised himself that he ended up even skipping grades that he didn't take growing up, resulting in him being in high school to match his age.

He could even skip high school entirely if he wants but Wade told him that he should slow down and be a normal kid since America isn't a dangerous place than his previous one, even though their current livelihood was....just less of a crime-ridden place than before.

Wade wanted to find a place that not only he could do his mercenary work but also be close with his girlfriend as he also wanted Liam to at least live a normal life.

The place they currently live might not be the safest but both of them were already used to danger as it also helps out, train Liam if he wanted to learn from him.

Wade knew that even if Liam trained under him, he wasn't quite talented in combat after training for some time but Liam didn't get frustrated but continued training hard just so that he can at least defend himself.

But what he lacks, he outshines another as Liam's intellect had proved something even Wade didn't expect as he discovers that Liam had hacked into a local ATM without knowing of the consequences of his actions, ended up being scolded after he and Liam apologize to which they only got reprimanded from their actions after returning the money.

While teaching common sense to Liam, he ended up letting him learn computers and another tech, trying to hone his talent with electronics which ended up benefiting him after a few years.

Liam ended up becoming a partner for Wade's mercenary work, accepting jobs that both of them could reap benefits by having Liam find rich clients to work with while Wade could do his mercenary work with Liam as his eyes and broker.

All Wade would do is assassinate the target while Liam would hack the target's system, collect information on the target and even observe the skies and ground, informing Wade of his hidden blind spots.

But Wade didn't want Liam to continue living a dangerous life of being a mercenary and ended up letting him live a normal life as a high school student.

At first, Liam was excited to know that he was going to school since he never had the education after the experiences he endured as a child. Plus, he only saw schools from movies and such that he always felt like going to school would be exciting.

And boy was he only viewing the place in a tinted glass...

"Ugh....this is so boring..." Liam muttered silently as he listen to the teacher discussing math. Felt his life drained from him since he had already known what the equations were in his mind.

He was most knowledgeable when it comes to science, math and even other classes as he was only interested in was listening to certain classes such as History and PE.

He loves to exercise and help him train whenever he had PE and he didn't know much about history that he was fascinated to learn about the Old fathers of the past and even wars that happened before he was born.

But apart from that, he doesn't pay much attention to any other class and mostly just looks at the teacher absently while trying to pay attention in class.

"Hey, Liam." A boy calls out silently next to him as he turns to the guy that had an African American look, gesturing for Liam as he nodded and pay attention to the class while listening in to his seatmate.

"I got a new game that I bought recently, wanna hang out later?"

"Alright. Uncle Wade is gonna bring his girlfriend home later so I need to crash down at your place since he probably doesn't want me to be there anyway."

Liam sighed as he'll probably get kicked out by Wade again since he wanted to spend time alone with his girlfriend and Liam being there would ruin their alone time.

His friend Marc, was a close friend of Liam as he befriended him when he first got to this school and they always hang out, playing and even shared homework(mostly from Liam).

"Psst. Can I hang out with you guys as well?" A sexy voice talk to them, barely audible enough not to be heard from the teacher as they both turned around and see a person wearing a dark hood, covering her face, smiling at the two guys staring at her.

"I don't mind but it's Marc's place so he's the one to make the decision."

"Hey. My mom would be happy to see Eve again so we can hang out."

"Haha...Thanks, Marc." Eve smiles while Marc just turns away from her, blushing in front of me. I sighed once more, thinking ways to make these two just go out already.

The dynamic of our relationship was easy to tell as Marc was having a crush on our emo girl, Eve. While she only views Marc and me as friends, she doesn't feel too keen on having a relationship as she mostly avoids that topic entirely whenever we approach the subject. It's either she doesn't want to ruin our friendship or there's more than that but I don't plan on digging much more about her secrets to find out.

After class ended, I separated from the two since I would bring the snacks to Marc's place while also planning on letting the two be alone as I don't plan on being a third wheel in their relationship.

As I exited from the store though, I spotted someone I'm familiar with, a person who was my senior and someone well-known for being....

"W-what?"

My eyes widen as the drink I was sipping in, was dropped. Spooking the person who was climbing on a building without anything holding him as he turns and saw me with a shocked look in his eyes.

The nerd who was being constantly bullied by a jock in his grade, someone who hangs out with 3 beauties and a rich guy, and was a genius but with a poor background.

Peter Parker.

32