Chapter 5: Peter Parker
906 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Liam, you've been spacing out for some time now. What happened to you?" Marc replied with worry in his eyes, causing Eve who was playing with Marc to stop as well and turn to Liam with the same expression.

He was currently spacing out, holding a soda in his hands but the moment Marc shook him out, he shudders and turns to his friends. Breaking out a smile while chugging down on his drink.

"Gah. I was just spacing out since I still can't believe that my application to work in Stark industries was approved and thought I was just dreaming."

""........""

Both of them turn to each other and laugh, seeing that their friend was still belittling himself again, knowing Liam's capabilities were underestimated.

They knew that their friend was quite intelligent, capable of creating great things, only his confidence in himself was something he had lacked, considering he's quite mature in their age.

"Dude! You made a hacking device that can break inside someone's phone. Plus, you even showed them one of the drones you've made yourself just to broadcast a presentation right in front of those guys. I would be stupid if you didn't get hired because of that."

"Don't underestimate yourself, Liam. If I had that device, I could probably use that to blackmail one of the teachers to give me a better grade."

Marc was excited, praising Liam's works like his own. Given their friendship, he was proud to see his friend succeed after working so hard to get into the company. Eve, on the other hand, presented more mischief, thinking of ways to use Liam's device to cheat and such.

Feeling touched about the support he got from his friends, he was glad that he got such good friends. The first time he went to an unknown place and meeting the two was the only thing he felt relieved to have after arriving in this country.

After gaming and spending time with the two, the first to leave was Eve.

"My sister called and she wanted me to go home earlier than usual. I bet she's worried about me again being late."

Eve was about to head out when Liam with a good idea came to her with a smile.

"Marc told me that he wants to head to the store to pick up something close to your place. So, both of you should go there."

He was shocked about the sudden proposal Liam had given him, trying to scream that he is too afraid of being alone with Eve but Liam dismisses his plea as he headed out from Marc's Room and greets his mom before leaving the place.

Liam was still thinking of places he wants to visit since it was still a bit early to head back, given that Wade wanted to spend more time with Vanessa, telling Liam that he wants to propose to her.

Naturally, Liam wanted to help Wade with his proposal but Wade refuses, wanting that he would be the one to set up their date.

So, Liam decided that he'll spend his time just chilling outside while he would spend a night at a nearby hotel to sleep.

"Senior, you can come out now." Liam had noticed he was being tailed by someone as he already knew who it was.

"I thought that you were going to tell your friends about me..." Coming out from an alleyway was a young man who look like a nerd, but his physic was a bit toned than skinny. His features make him look cute as his eyes were staring straight at Liam, looking nervous of the person who knew his secret.

" 'Guys! I just saw a Senior from our school that climbs up walls without grabbing unto anything!' Yeah, I'll probably be looked at by them weirdly if I tell them that. Plus, it's not like I want to be popular by revealing someone's secrets." Liam just sighs since it was too bothersome for him to gossip about such things, given that he prefers to not bother with other people's lives.

For Liam, he would pretend that Seeing Peter climbing walls was just him drinking too much sugar for today and that would be it.

But For Peter...

'So this is Liam...' He only heard it from Gwen who talks to him, telling stories of the guy she heard from the other girls.

She mentions that Liam is not only smart but also strong, given that he often defends his classmates from Flash who was a constant bully to Peter.

He knew that Flash bullies him less often after Liam transferred to this school, given that he must've done something to him that he avoids Liam entirely.

Gwen also mentions that Liam was also popular with girls but his popularity dwindled after hanging out with two abnormal people who were weird by their standards.

Marc who was a Geek and often talks to Liam about games and such. Then there's the Emo girl Eve who acts tomboyish and often gets in trouble with teachers.

So Peter only knew about Liam from the gossip of the school and didn't personality meet him in person until now.

But after interacting with him, he feels a bit carefree about stuff and often disregards people's opinions whenever he finds their secret and such. Mostly just wants to be friendly with the people he interacts with, given that he's a nice guy.

For Peter that is insecure about things, he felt relieved that Liam didn't personally reveal his secrets to people and disregards them entirely, proving that he prefers to view things directly instead of rumors and such.

"If there's anything else, I'll just be heading out now." Seeing that Peter didn't have any more questions about him, Liam decided that he didn't want to spend time just staring at each other and was going to leave him yet Peter told him to stop, wanting to ask for more.

"Hey, Liam. If you were given the power in your hands, what are you going to do?"

Peter was a bit nervous seeing that it was something he didn't have someone to share his secrets with, Liam was the only person he knew of his powers and wanted to know his own opinion if he was given a choice.

Liam turned to him, realizing that Peter was looking at him with a serious look. He sighed as he felt like this was something important to him which he decided to respond to his question with a serious answer.

"If I was given the power, I prefer to use it as I want to." Liam turned to Peter who was surprised at his answer, a selfish wish which Liam would abuse if given which Peter thought for a moment but was dismissed after Liam continued his words.

"But with power comes with Responsibility and responsibility also comes with a burden. Whether you use it for good or for evil, its better that to those who have it should use the power they were given to help others who can't. But you don't have to burden yourself with responsibility, just do your best with the power you are given."

This was what Liam answered to Peter who was standing there silently as he decided to leave him to his own devices, thinking of buying a hotdog that was avaiable right now.

31