Chapter 6: Stark Industries
854 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Next Day.

Liam heads to a nearby building which was situated in a dense area where people come and go, trying to either buy clothes or other things they might need or something expensive considering most people here are either rich or famous.

But for him, he was currently heading to a certain building around the city, possibly a famous one due to his clothes being outfitted formally than what he casually wears when going out.

'Uncle says that dress to impress when walking to somewhere important' Liam felt nervous even when his outfit matched with his looks that he doesn't look out of place when he approaches the building.

The guards were staring at Liam who look like he was a bit young but after showing the letter he had on hand, the guards understand and let him through, gesturing him towards the reception area.

"Hello, Welcome to Stark Industries. How can I help you?" The receptionist smiles as Liam approach her as he felt taken aback, considering that he was overwhelmed at the things he sees all around him.

From highly technological things such as holograms and robots that were moving about, he felt like the things he makes were just too insignificant that he thought he was just lucky that the company accepted him just through with his luck alone.

He might be a genius to everyone around him but he always feels like they just overestimate him, thinking his skills were good. After proving that his works don't compare to the place in front of him, he was just mostly thinking that it was luck that play in the role of getting accepted as the receptionist calls out to him again.

"Excuse me, do you need help?" Thinking that Liam was just a bit young compared to those that work here, she must be thinking that this person was just either touring the place or likely has a connection with someone, considering that he was a bit young to work here.

"Ah, yes. I was looking at the place since I had never been here before. I took an internship to apply to work here after I graduate since I was always impressed by how the company had made advances in its technology." Liam turned to the receptionist in an exciting look, feeling the sense of satisfaction of him getting accepted into such a giant corporation.

"Wow, you actually made it here?" Impressed by how Liam managed to get into this place considering it has quite a strict requirement to pass. Considering his young age, he was probably a talented and smart kid who got in through his intellect.

"Yup. I even have my device here that I used to apply here." Liam took out two things from his pocket, showing them to the receptionist as she only gave a confused look at the small object in Liam's hand.

"It might not look impressive at first but its main function is being able to hack into any technology, slowly bypassing the security before being able to infiltrate to any device." Liam decided to simplify his explanation to the receptionist since he doesn't want to waste her time. He decided to demonstrate his work as he wanted to find something to test out his work.

"Young man, would you be willing to test your work on my phone?" While finding difficulty to look for a device, both of them turned towards a man who had a bald spot and a whitish bush beard which smiled at the young man who has a curious look on his face.

Liam was confused about who this person was but the receptionist's eyes widen as she quickly bows towards the man in front of them.

"Mr. Stane! Apologies for not noticing you."

"It's fine young lady, I was just planning on heading to a meeting with the board when I noticed this young man here. Mr. Wilson was it?" Obadiah Stane lightly thought of the receptionist as his gaze was solely on the young man in front of him, a sense of eager anticipation as he knew Liam.

Stane read Liam's profile and saw his work was quite impressive at his age, considering he was showing off two things such as a drone that helped him on his presentation and a device that could hack into anyone's devices. The latter one was something he was more curious to know more about.

It was quite impressive since Liam's demonstration during his interview shocked the staff, clearly impressed by this young man's work as he could bypass anyone's devices slowly yet quietly to not be noticed by the person being hacked.

He didn't show off his work much and even layout the weaknesses which he told the judges that he could fix in the future. Stane wanted to let him work at the Weapons Research Department even dismissing the idea of Liam's lack of experience, precisely since he could see a former image of a man who was also called a genius but sighed at the result of what becomes of him now.

But he still considered Liam's choice and his young age which he decided to wait and now that he was just touring the place with curiosity, even planning on demonstration, he wanted to see the young man which they nicknamed him 'Little Stark'.

Liam was surprised that this person in front of him was quite famous in this place and was nervous that he might not like him and even revoke his application for his internship. Yet, since he wanted to see his work directly, he decided to follow and started turning on the tiny device in his hand.

"A drone?" Stane was quite surprised that even the hacking tool Liam made was even a drone as Liam controlled it with his phone and started looking at a place where it could embed itself into Stane's phone.

After finding a good location, it quickly began running up and jumped at an opening where Stane's hand barely block the back of the phone and began to embed itself to the phone.

Liam then took out his laptop and turned it on before opening a program that began running up a system with multiple codes of line place as he began to tap his laptop, waiting for something...

"....and done!" He was relieved that it work as he opens a certain icon which change to a certain mobile phone desktop and shows it to Stane. "Your Phone has now been hacked, Mr. Stane." With a proud look on his face, Liam was relieved that it might not work, considering it was a businessman's phone which should have a lot of security but he manage to bypass it with relative ease as the loading screen took less time than he initially thought.

'It was such a good investment that I had bought a better laptop beforehand' While it did cause a large sum and didn't extort money from Wade, he still felt glad to use this at an opportune moment, right in front of a person whose well-known on this place.

"Impressive." Stane turned to Liam, joyful, thinking that it wasn't unfounded that the judges during his interview viewed him highly.

27