Chapter 7: Rescue
814 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yeah Uncle. I plan on working next week since the exams are coming up." Liam was talking to Wade at a convenience store while buying a soda after his meeting with Stane.

He was talked by him to stay a bit, thinking of giving Liam part-time work, trying to not waste his talents on just working on scrapped materials when he could learn from scientists wiser than him as he could improve his work.

He happily agreed but decided to work next week as he still was a student first and foremost and his Uncle wanted Liam to live a normal life as a student.

It was Wade's intention for Liam to live a normal life as a kid and not someone striving for a higher goal as he knew that Liam's mentality was still affected in the past, hidden by the playful nature and positive attitude beneath it.

Liam still couldn't understand why Wade was still trying to let him live like a normal kid when he always feel that it restricts his growth in becoming strong. But after some time passes, he knew now why.

Meeting Wade's girlfriend Vanessa who was strong yet still warms Wade's heart during times he has issues with himself, the friends he made in high school, and his two friends who had supported the small dream he had.

It clearly shows that Wade wanted him to know what it's like to feel love and care for, showing that Liam lacks those things as he grows and does not become someone devoid of that. Showing humanity in him that he didn't know.

For Wade, he wanted Liam to live a normal life and grew up to be someone he can be proud of, even if he isn't the father Liam or Wade had in their life.

Liam slowly became attached to his eccentric yet charming parental figure in his life, showing that even with a bad past, he can still live a normal life and not be a burden that comes before him.

While opening the can and drinking to rest his body, he spotted a man in his car, probably waiting for someone he knew as Liam decided to stop by at the store to read the book to pass time.

'I think Mr. Stane asked me if I know of AI which I shook my head since I always thought that it's just another form of intelligence people have.' Liam was curious about that topic he had with Stane and decided to look further at what AI was.

While he played games with Marc and Eve, he was interested in learning AI but deemed it was something he still lack knowledge of and decided to shelve it till he knew the blueprint on how AI works.

"Wow, Artificial Intelligence is that? Man, I need to rethink that AIs just belong in games and not real life in my head." He slapped his face in his narrow thinking as he could have been working on this for a long time now if he read more of this.

But his deep thinking was then cut off once he heard a commotion outside to see two people arguing as he came out to the store and saw a fight between an old man he saw earlier and a stranger who was angrily shouting at him.

Clearly, he could see who was winning in their fight as the man suddenly pulled out a gun.

'Nah, I shouldn't get involved since there are people who'll help that person out.' Liam decided that he shouldn't try to be a hero and just leave, ignoring the commotion.

Wade was adamant that Liam should take things and live life not in danger but more for himself. Forgetting the old and into the new.

He should treasure the life that he had right now and don't risk it for some random stranger you don't even know. Making people worry for him was something Liam had promised to Wade as he was still a child in that his eyes.

"Just give me the car old man."

"Son, please don't do this and just turn away from this."

"I-i can't...I still need...."

The man hesitated to shoot his gun, still trying to hold his rationality of the situation and the moral of his choices.

He knew that he was a criminal but he doesn't want to commit murder, especially on a kind old man who wishes him to avoid doing this crime for the sake of his daughter. But...

'I need the money for my daughter's medicine...' Flint Marko was adamant about doing this for the sake of paying for his daughter's medical bills, trying to at least give her a better life by curing her.

As another man was quickly approaching Flint who was carrying a bag of money in his hands, he only heard a sound of metal can smacking unto something as his face got blown off by a fist out of nowhere.

"Here comes Liam Wilson!" Liam making a dramatic entrance to the crisis, threw his can of soda at Flint's accomplice as he send a straight punch right at the man who was holding a gun since he was more of a threat than the man who was holding money in his hands.

The old man was quickly surprised by the intervention of Liam. A sudden shock causes Flint to snap back to reality as he aims his gun towards Liam but Liam moves faster than him and dealt an uppercut punch at Flint's hands, disabling his gun from him which he took the gun and swung it at his friend.

"Gah! Dammit!" Dennis Carradine gasped in pain, causing him to let go of his gun after being hit with the gun Liam accurately threw which landed it towards his fingers, delivering pain which he let go of his hand.

'Okay, I disabled their weapons.' Liam's thought process was faster after entering combat mode, giving him more concentration on the fight and not letting anything slip from his grasp.

It was stupid for him to try and be a hero when Wade told him not to be but he can't help but want to save lives, considering he couldn't when he was a child.

'I now have the strength that was taught to me by Uncle Wade. I can't let something happen when it's right there in front of me.' Still grieving for not saving his mom, Liam's expression of trying his best grew as he doesn't want anyone to grieve over losing someone important.

26